AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-01, 14:12   Link #1881
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 04:15.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 14:15   Link #1882
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That makes sense. I wish the anime had explained all this though. The anime leaves too many stuff up to interpretation, which is why I'm grateful to LN/manga readers for filling in the gaps.
The LN and Manga didn't spelled it outright as I did, but the order of event was less confusing. Namely, Hero's scene was supposed to happen while GS received the flour from Sorceress and Lancer. So you would realize the sect was vainquished in the middle of GS' party mission, instead of something that happened few days before they went to water town.
That said, the anime make that connection more obvious since they showed goblins crafting more boats on the other side of the mirror.
Old 2018-12-01, 14:29   Link #1883
xeviouses

Man, I wish the show would slow down a little, a lot of the intense and emotional moments ended up being stagnant. Still, there's hope for the last three episodes I guess.
Old 2018-12-01, 14:33   Link #1884
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Side note for the observant viewer: When they looked into the mirror, notice how close the red moon was, and the color of the landscape.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 15:15   Link #1885
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Side note for the observant viewer: When they looked into the mirror, notice how close the red moon was, and the color of the landscape.
Spoiler:

Anyone disagrees high elf was abusive with kicking goblin slayer off the ledge.
He could have gotten a concussion.

Last edited by eiyuuou; 2018-12-01 at 15:25.
eiyuuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 15:23   Link #1886
Twi

Finished my Recap and Review. Changes:
Spoiler for Changes:
Old 2018-12-01, 15:54   Link #1887
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
* The Heroine killed the evil sect’s leader right after Goblin Slayer destroyed the Altar, transforming into a larger monster while railing about how his plans got screwed over.
Incorrect. The manga states they "rewinded" the events of it. It didn't happen right after they survived from the siege. It actually happened when GS was shopping with Priestess.
Old 2018-12-01, 16:14   Link #1888
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Incorrect. The manga states they "rewinded" the events of it. It didn't happen right after they survived from the siege. It actually happened when GS was shopping with Priestess.
On Chapter 29, page 36, it says just after the destruction of the altar in the ruins. Considering the minion was whining about how it was just destroyed it had to have happened right afterwards with the next day being when Goblin Slayer confronted Sword Maiden. The anime moves the time table so that he talks to her that night, not the next day.
Old 2018-12-01, 16:39   Link #1889
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ah right, I totally forgot they did mention the altar. My bad. I guess that still fair enough in the timeline in the manga compared to the LN where is occurs a little earlier.
The anime showed it way too early in comparison, and I'm still not sure why.
Old 2018-12-01, 17:53   Link #1890
Dark Wing

Yea they could've explained that how these chain of events were connected. Well despite all that I at least I get the see my favorite part of the story animated soon.
Old 2018-12-01, 21:24   Link #1891
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Goblin Slayer went through all that trouble to keep his promise and High Elf Archer's response is to kick him off a cliff. Talk about ungrateful.
He was clearly gloating though.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 21:56   Link #1892
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

He also did something similarly extreme, arguably more extreme than any of the set conditions.
Old 2018-12-01, 23:22   Link #1893
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't quite I understand why Sword Maiden had to keep secret the fact that she had a familiar protecting the sewer and that a gate guarded by a not-beholder was letting goblins inside.

All that she needed to lie about was the nature of the actual murderers on the streets above, but if her purpose was to make people understand how scary goblins are, why would she not tell them that they were preparing a large scale invasion of the city? That sounds a lot more worrisome than some random killing.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 00:11   Link #1894
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Because they are "just goblins" and she is a gold ranked adventurer who helped slay the Demon Lord. Theoretically, someone as powerful as her should have little problem dealing with a goblin invasion, not counting the soldiers/adventurers on-hand.
Old 2018-12-02, 01:13   Link #1895
Twi

Plus, she did request soldiers to deal with them and mentioned it when she first briefed GS' party, who guessed they wouldn't have sent in help because they were just goblins. There are people who can also sense lies and it would probably be more trouble than its worth if she requested assistance for one threat only for it to really be Goblins.

Remember, there are bigger threats and even this issue could have been cleaned up in like a day if she wasn't terrified of them enough not to go in herself. And if she told them that Goblins were preparing to invade the city, they'd rightfully pointed out that its a city protected by someone considered the angel of the Supreme God who helped deal with the Demon Lord.
Old 2018-12-02, 02:00   Link #1896
Random14

I'm not sure how much of a threat the goblins were to the city itself. Their presence was driving Sword Maiden crazy though, as well as how no one else was really paying attention. I think the goblins were sent there to prey on her trauma but as usual no one aside from Goblin Slayer views goblins as much of a threat (and there were lots of other problems to deal with, such as the ones who actually sent the goblins there).

Goblin Slayer sure has a simple way of categorizing the creatures he encounters- goblins and not-goblins. He can't even remember the alligator's name. Another crazy battle, though they were much better prepared for this one than the last one. The list of banned strategies is probably getting long by now.

They skipped over a few things but it was fun to see this arc adapted earlier than expected. Too bad they couldn't have kept that gate mirror but probably better to seal it up just in case. Though apparently he did keep the canary, which is kind of cute. Fun arc, its interesting to see Goblin Slayer branch out a bit more, as well as seeing the entire party in action. Too bad only a few more episodes left but so far the pace has been decent (though I wish they didn't skip over a few things).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 03:15   Link #1897
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

Sword Maiden is probably powerful enough to kill GS several times over, but still she is greatful to him for slaying the things she fears the most --- goblins. Ok, one more girl added to Goblin Slayer's hidden harem.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 05:23   Link #1898
Tenzen12

I feel like anime doesn't do justice to gobs zerg rush. They are weak but numerous but you don't really see that "numerous" part a lot. Anime realy should focus more on goblins swarming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I'm not sure how much of a threat the goblins were to the city itself. Their presence was driving Sword Maiden crazy though, as well as how no one else was really paying attention. I think the goblins were sent there to prey on her trauma but as usual no one aside from Goblin Slayer views goblins as much of a threat (and there were lots of other problems to deal with, such as the ones who actually sent the goblins there).
Do you remember first episode of GATE? Goblins might be easily massacred by any sufficiently strong fellow, but question is how much damage they can do before that happens.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-12-02 at 05:46.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 07:01   Link #1899
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh thank you for showing the connection about heroine killed sect's leader and this arc
I totally didn't catch any of it

about why Sword Maiden only told her familiar to only guard the sewer... probably because she need to come inside the sewer to command her familiar directly, which is impossible for her because she could not face any goblin anymore

and that's it guys...
an ancient op artifact got destroyed and wasted just like that
a simple massacre toward goblins without fire, water, poison, and explosion
and how simple words could let Goblin Slayer to brush off Sword Maiden's advance (in order to expand his harem, he should not let himself got tied to one girl this early after all ), but also saving her and making her wet

Priestess is the best for telling Goblin Slayer to meet Sword Maiden for reporting duty alone

Next episode might be a calm before storm episode... before we're gearing up for the best arc I read in manga so far... hype hype hype
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 08:04   Link #1900
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Because they are "just goblins" and she is a gold ranked adventurer who helped slay the Demon Lord. Theoretically, someone as powerful as her should have little problem dealing with a goblin invasion, not counting the soldiers/adventurers on-hand.
Do you mean that in the sense that if she told them they wouldn't have cared anyway because they would have just assumed that Sword Maiden would have protected them from the invasion, or in the sense that if she told them they would have expected her to go down there and deal with the problem personally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Plus, she did request soldiers to deal with them and mentioned it when she first briefed GS' party, who guessed they wouldn't have sent in help because they were just goblins. There are people who can also sense lies and it would probably be more trouble than its worth if she requested assistance for one threat only for it to really be Goblins.
She did lie and she did tell people that the threat were only goblins when there were other monsters\cultists involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Remember, there are bigger threats and even this issue could have been cleaned up in like a day if she wasn't terrified of them enough not to go in herself. And if she told them that Goblins were preparing to invade the city, they'd rightfully pointed out that its a city protected by someone considered the angel of the Supreme God who helped deal with the Demon Lord.
It seems to me that there are two contrasting logic arguments at work here. One logic that only applies to adventurers and soldiers that maintains that strong people shouldn't deal with "minor threats" such as goblins. The other that only applies to Sword Maiden that in spite of her being regarded as extremely powerful ignores all the above and maintains that she should be dealing with goblins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
about why Sword Maiden only told her familiar to only guard the sewer... probably because she need to come inside the sewer to command her familiar directly, which is impossible for her because she could not face any goblin anymore
Someone before explained that Sword Maiden even share senses with the familiar, something that was omitted in the anime but that is vital to understand how she knew about the artifact.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy