AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-10-11, 16:09   Link #621
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Agreed. I'd say reincarnation is involved here. It'd also explain why memories aren't easily accessed until they fully awaken. Still doesn't fill the holes that it creates tho.

When Rokuro fully awakens, he should be able to access the memories of his past lives similar to Benio. Guaranteed flashback chapter incoming.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 16:27   Link #622
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
^ Because yin yang it's a chinese philosophy.
To tell the truth, they should the japanese term, but everyone knows this as yin and yang. If I remember correctly, in the portuguese translation was stated how the manga uses the japanese terms, but as no one knows them, they decided to use the original chinese terms, wich are know in the entire world.

No matter how you see it, it don't make sense. If you are not going to use the english word, why not use the original chinese term ou the japanese translated term? And if you are going to translate it, why to another language?

Well... to tell the truth this is a useless discussion, but it was something that bothered me
Unless the chinese terms were actually used in the manga, there's no reason they'd be anymore valid than "Sol" and "Luna".

More to the point, yin and yang as a concept runs counter to what Sol and Luna are. Sol and Luna are pure singularities of Light and Darkness. Yin and Yang as a concept both include a bit of the other inside them.
Old 2018-10-11, 17:03   Link #623
zezegui222
A simple man

^ Technically they would be, because the japanese term is the same as the chinese. Taiyang is write as 太陽 both in japanese and traditional chinese. Only the pronunciation is different (japanese is Taiyo), and the chinese one is the original. What I'm trying to say here is, it's meaningless to translate "Taiyin" and "Taiyang" to their italian term just to be "different". They are proper nouns, nouns wich refeer to 2 specific persons, you should not translate to another language, and if you're going to translate anyway, why another language?

This is just a simple thing wich bothered me when I read the english version. But... well... everyone has your own opinion, I will not obligate you guys to think it as a bother too, I'm just pointing out a thing wich in my opinion was useless to do.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 17:28   Link #624
Bleach1996

I just hiope that Rokuro Awake soon ... And i just hope that Exorcists will not try to killl benio now that she is The princess of impurirties.
When Mitejima Subaru told herself that Mayura will be able to kill this "child"
do you think that she was speaking of Benio ?

Accelerator Strongest Level 5 of Academy city
Bleach1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 20:25   Link #625
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
^ Technically they would be, because the japanese term is the same as the chinese. Taiyang is write as 太陽 both in japanese and traditional chinese. Only the pronunciation is different (japanese is Taiyo), and the chinese one is the original. What I'm trying to say here is, it's meaningless to translate "Taiyin" and "Taiyang" to their italian term just to be "different". They are proper nouns, nouns wich refeer to 2 specific persons, you should not translate to another language, and if you're going to translate anyway, why another language?

This is just a simple thing wich bothered me when I read the english version. But... well... everyone has your own opinion, I will not obligate you guys to think it as a bother too, I'm just pointing out a thing wich in my opinion was useless to do.
Because Sun and Moon dont sound like titles in English while Sol and Luna concievabley could.

And I wouldnt try and conflate Japanese and Chinese around people of either culture for your own safety.
Old 2018-10-12, 07:04   Link #626
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Wasn't it stated in the manga that it's the concept of Yin and Yang and that they both have a bit of the other? And Rokuro has some Yin in him because of his Impurity arm. It's just that Benio has no Yang in her. But when they perform resonance, it's Yin and Yang because they both combine their powers.
Old 2018-10-12, 07:53   Link #627
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Wasn't it stated in the manga that it's the concept of Yin and Yang and that they both have a bit of the other? And Rokuro has some Yin in him because of his Impurity arm. It's just that Benio has no Yang in her. But when they perform resonance, it's Yin and Yang because they both combine their powers.
Not that I recall. And the resonance thing still isnt yin yang because it's the "opposites make each other stronger" trope. Yin and Yang are two halves of a whole.
Old 2018-11-02, 11:23   Link #628
u2L2rQ

Spoiler for :
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 03:28   Link #629
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 58:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 16:10   Link #630
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just read Chapter 58.

So when does Arima transform into a Basara?

It's good to have had that flashback about Miku's past. Now it looks like she's dead, though.
Old 2018-12-03, 09:06   Link #631
zezegui222
A simple man

Too much time without reading Sousei... And so, I used my free time to read every missing chapter today. The portuguese scans released chapters 63 and spin-off Tenen Jakko chapter 0.

Spoiler for spoilers:

PS: I have to admit... some tears fell from my eyes after reading chapter 59 and 60... man... these two are reallyyyy sad, 59 is the saddest I read in this series (Ioroi family death)...

Last edited by zezegui222; 2018-12-03 at 12:41.
Old 2018-12-03, 13:14   Link #632
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The spoilers who posted are interesting. Thanks. I'm looking forward to reading those chapters in English. Arima's line about "that time" is also really interesting to me. I guess he really did put that seal there to make Rokuro work harder to be strong even without that Kegare arm. That seal might be released when that condition is fulfilled.

What's Tenen Jakko?
Old 2018-12-03, 13:34   Link #633
zezegui222
A simple man

^ Sousei no Onmyouji – Tenen Jakko is a light novel with only 1 volume focused in Seigen and Yukari (Mayura parents). They made (or are making?) a manga adaptation this year.

I saw there's is another light novel spin-off too, Sousei no Onmyouji – Shiga Kenbyaku, focused in Mayura and Shimon.
Old 2018-12-03, 15:38   Link #634
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

i was considering picking this back up but are they still killing off characters akame ga kill style on here or has it lightened up any?

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 15:47   Link #635
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
i was considering picking this back up but are they still killing off characters akame ga kill style on here or has it lightened up any?
Honestly speaking, no one's safe outside Rokuro and Benio. You can make the assumption that Rokuro's clan would survive, but it'd be 50/50 at best.

Any character outside his clan is fair game right now.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-12-03 at 17:03. Reason: I find my lack of grammar... disturbing.
Old 2018-12-03, 15:51   Link #636
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Honestly speaking, no one's safe outside Rokuro and Benio tbh. You can make assumptions that Rokuro's clan would survive, but it's still 50/50 at best.

Any character outside his clan, is fair game right now.
K thanks... just not into the going through a whole arc or backstory on someone only to see them get ripped apart in the next chapter. Oh well back to SoL lolis thank you for the info.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin

Last edited by SoloPanda; 2018-12-03 at 16:17.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 16:49   Link #637
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think Mayura will die. Or at least I hope she won't.
Old 2018-12-03, 16:56   Link #638
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Oh, I forgot about her.

Yea, she's the exception. All in all, plot armor extends to Rokuro, Benio, Mayura, Arimori (Arima's son) and it's 50/50 with the rest of the Rokuro house. Everyone else can more or less be considered Basara fodder atm.
Old 2018-12-03, 21:56   Link #639
alex_drian

Oh man, I don't think I've seen so unilateral battle for the humankind aside Attack of Titan. Remember me, what was the original plan? because kinda sucks.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 23:44   Link #640
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm honestly lost how humanity hasn't already been wiped out with the incredible power gap existing between even the best exorcists and the basara. It's one thing to make your antagonists a legitimate threat and another to make too powerful compared to what they are up against.

Good thing for Shimon he's hospitalized. Doesn't have to worry about being wiped out in this massacre.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen