AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-10, 00:25   Link #2001
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Do you, perchance, know how much japanese animators still suffer to make a series like this one?
You asking for that seems kinda hypocritical in my opinion. Simply enjoy what they give us.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone said you have to die for your art.

Hey if the Japanese animators want better working conditions, then they should unionize. That's up to them.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 01:37   Link #2002
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I thought it was possible for a normal person who works really hard to reach gold, but platinum was absolutely restricted to people who were born special.
I am pretty sure Goblin Slayer coudn't became Gold ranked no matter how hard he works for example. I would say normal people can became Silver if they work really hard and talented ones can became Gold if they do same.

Platinum are for right down prodigies.
Old 2018-12-10, 01:51   Link #2003
Eclar
Avid reader

Exactly, and even if he gets the opportunity to get gold rank he would deny the offer inmediately
Spoiler for Reasons why he would deny it. (possible spoilers since the anime didn't quite point this out):
Old 2018-12-10, 02:18   Link #2004
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am pretty sure Goblin Slayer coudn't became Gold ranked no matter how hard he works for example. I would say normal people can became Silver if they work really hard and talented ones can became Gold if they do same.

Platinum are for right down prodigies.
Prodigies and god favored ones at least.
Old 2018-12-10, 02:25   Link #2005
Wheeljack83

FYI in the light novel, Hero-kun was 16th platinum rank. So there were at least 15 others before.

Also, Gold ranks "usually" work for the government. They don't necessarily have to.
Old 2018-12-10, 03:30   Link #2006
Tenzen12

Nah, they do have to. Gold rankers are under goverment control and fight against national level threats. They are all pretty much on leash.
Old 2018-12-10, 04:16   Link #2007
eiyuuou

from vol 1.
Quote:
Only a few people in history had achieved Platinum rank, and those of Gold rank usually worked for the national government, but after those came Silver, indicating some of the most-skilled unaffiliated adventurers plying their trade independently.
Those not working for the national government are those going after the demon lord.
Old 2018-12-10, 04:36   Link #2008
Tenzen12

Yep, basicaly

Gold - affilated with goverment.
Silver - freelancers.
Old 2018-12-10, 08:20   Link #2009
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

whoaaa... that is the best way to end the episode... those footstamps though... there are soooo many of them

what a chill episode, which featured all the harem in single episode
I like that they showed all other adventurers as well
we also found lots of Goblin Slayer's thinking.. he changed a lot since he met his party

finally... my favorite arc is here... the Goblin Raid arc
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 09:11   Link #2010
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
those footstamps though... there are soooo many of them
It may only be one goblin practicing his clog-dancing in a convenient clearing.

Cold measured voice, "One". Chunk.
Old 2018-12-10, 11:49   Link #2011
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
It may only be one goblin practicing his clog-dancing in a convenient clearing.

Cold measured voice, "One". Chunk.

Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition. While Intelligence represents one’s ability to analyze information, Wisdom represents being in tune with and aware of one’s surroundings

what do you think of GS's wisdom stat?
Old 2018-12-10, 13:47   Link #2012
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Nah, they do have to. Gold rankers are under goverment control and fight against national level threats. They are all pretty much on leash.
I'm a bit confused now.

Earlier someone said that silver ranks(tanks included) can't block attacks like the ones of the Goblin Champion or the Ogre.

And yet what if someone who could actually be gold level refuses taking their advancement exam or just can't find work with the government or a hero.

Wouldn't you have a silver ranker who is just as strong as a gold rank then, and thus be able to block those attacks?

As for GS:
While he doesn't fight demons or dragons, he takes care of an everlasting and moreover evolving threat for little to no money. This is of course excluding the contract on PTSD Maiden set out as she apparently paid 5 bags of gold...Ok the Alligator and the Beholder probably also played a part in that payout :P

So if GS would have done that job alone he would have been rich

You can argue about that but that's more heroism than taking well paid demon and dragon slaying jobs, who are possibly not even a constant threat.

Fun thing is: If it wasn't for people like GS, the Goblins could actually evolve to such a national wide threat.
Even the demon King is something that becomes a threat only every now and then.(While I want to note that said demon king looked more like the King of the Undead than the one of the demons.)

Edit: What's imho missing is a scene where GS meets the Heroteam and totally doesn't give a shit(Which he doesn't) resulting in everyone thinking that he is mocking them.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 13:50   Link #2013
The Green One

They mean the majority of Silver Ranks can't stand up to an Ogre. You have to be someone special to one on one them otherwise. Or a cheating cheater who cheats in battle and therefore is the person who goes home alive at the end of the day.
Old 2018-12-10, 14:05   Link #2014
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm a bit confused now.

Earlier someone said that silver ranks(tanks included) can't block attacks like the ones of the Goblin Champion or the Ogre.

And yet what if someone who could actually be gold level refuses taking their advancement exam or just can't find work with the government or a hero.

Wouldn't you have a silver ranker who is just as strong as a gold rank then, and thus be able to block those attacks?

As for GS:
While he doesn't fight demons or dragons, he takes care of an everlasting and moreover evolving threat for little to no money. This is of course excluding the contract on PTSD Maiden set out as she apparently paid 5 bags of gold...Ok the Alligator and the Beholder probably also played a part in that payout :P

So if GS would have done that job alone he would have been rich

You can argue about that but that's more heroism than taking well paid demon and dragon slaying jobs, who are possibly not even a constant threat.

Fun thing is: If it wasn't for people like GS, the Goblins could actually evolve to such a national wide threat.
Even the demon King is something that becomes a threat only every now and then.(While I want to note that said demon king looked more like the King of the Undead than the one of the demons.)

Edit: What's imho missing is a scene where GS meets the Heroteam and totally doesn't give a shit(Which he doesn't) resulting in everyone thinking that he is mocking them.
Ranks are given based on skill level and trustworthiness, Gold's are basically Silvers who have done an extraordinary feat; Sword Maiden and her crew beating the demon king is what raised them to gold status.

Being able to block a blow from a goblin champ or Ogre Magi means, either that adventurer is: A.) Using enchanted equipment or B.) an undiscovered Hero. In this world skill (and survival) is much more important than pure strength.

EDIT:

Whether GS is a hero depends on a person's viewpoint, but in the world, the setting of GS Heroism is defined differently or rather, it's basic fantasy definition of one; Kill a big bad monster threatening either a town, city or the world and then you're hero.

Goblins are...background, part of the scenery, just an everyday thing that happens. Sure GS is hailed as hero by townsfolk he saves but for the rest of the world it's just a meh thing.

Demons and Dragons (D&D) may not be a constant threat but they are an extreme one when they do show up.

The main threat of the goblins only happens when they're large enough and unified by a leader. Think of each goblin horde as a cell group, doing their own thing while leaving the others unrelated to them alone. Like the Raider subfactions of Fallout.

Last edited by xeviouses; 2018-12-10 at 14:17.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 14:26   Link #2015
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition. While Intelligence represents one’s ability to analyze information, Wisdom represents being in tune with and aware of one’s surroundings

what do you think of GS's wisdom stat?
Depends. When you say perception, are you talking signs of Goblin presence, or social cues?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 17:57   Link #2016
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm a bit confused now.

Well, vast majority of adventurers are doing it for money and fame. If there is silver strong enough to be handpicked by government, you can bet they will not waste that opportunity. There can be some exceptions, but they would be so rare it's not really worth even mentioning.

And of course choosen would be just your regular silvers, but only cream of crop, the strongest and most skilled.
Old 2018-12-10, 19:16   Link #2017
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Was there a Hero promoted to platinum rank ten years ago too? Can only the chosen Hero defeat the Demon King or could a party of extremely strong individuals accomplish the same thing? The latter could explain why there have been so few platinum ranked adventurer in history. Maybe Sword Maiden's party didn't have one.

I'm asking these questions because I very much doubt the main story will provide the answers.
Old 2018-12-10, 19:26   Link #2018
Twi

I don't think so. In Year One LN we saw Sword Maiden's group head out to kick the teeth in of said Demon Lord while another guy was leading a unified force against an army of necromancers and evil forces, but all we know is that they won and that even five years later people were still migrating to the frontier area to get away from the remnants of the army.
Old 2018-12-10, 21:31   Link #2019
Wheeljack83

Quote:

Book says usually. That’s not absolute

The Sword Maiden’s prequel will probably indicate what happened with her party in the Dungeon of Death.
Old 2018-12-10, 21:54   Link #2020
Tenzen12

Nothing is absolute. Book itself make distinction between affiliated adventurers and freelancers with former being gold and later silver. Whether somewhere fifty years ago were gold adventurer who somehow special somehow is pretty much in margin of error.

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy