AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-25, 09:24   Link #5581
Lex79

In the end, it's still a battle shounen. Characters' growth depends entire on what the plot requires, there is little we can do other than accept that.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 15:18   Link #5582
sbh1fr

Akeno has 4 FA wings now. Koneko has 3 nekomata tails...
Ise team needs power ups too... Mostly irina.
I think isse should consider use some members of rias team like gasper or crom, since grayfia probably gonna quit.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 15:56   Link #5583
TommyG

Issei should add Gasper and they should form a combined technique called Diablos dragon Evil god
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 15:57   Link #5584
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
Akeno has 4 FA wings now. Koneko has 3 nekomata tails...
Ise team needs power ups too... Mostly irina.
Rose and Xenovia just got really powerful weapons before the Typhon match, about Irina I definitely agree though..
Old 2018-12-25, 16:39   Link #5585
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Rose and Xenovia just got really powerful weapons before the Typhon match, about Irina I definitely agree though..
Xenovia is literally near god class now lol and Rose before her power up was fightning cadres.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 16:58   Link #5586
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Xenovia is literally near god class now lol and Rose before her power up was fightning cadres.
More like Ultimate-class or she would have done better against Strada than she did.

All of them are like at the level of Ultimate-class devils and can at least hold their own against Maou-class and god-class opponents.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:03   Link #5587
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
More like Ultimate-class or she would have done better against Strada than she did.

All of them are like at the level of Ultimate-class devils and can at least hold their own against Maou-class and god-class opponents.
Strada was malloping Ejod. Ejod easily beat one of the Grim Reaper leaders, a legendary one at that.who was giving balance breaker Azazel trouble. Ejod was stated a lot to be god class. Strada is at least a mid tier god class monster. It's extremely impressive for her to even fight him at all.

Last edited by Parry999; 2018-12-25 at 17:17.
Old 2018-12-25, 17:26   Link #5588
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Strada was malloping Ejod. Ejod easily beat one of the Grim Reaper leaders, a legendary one at that.who was giving balance breaker Azazel trouble. Ejod was stated a lot to be god class. Strada is at least a mid tier god class monster. It's extremely impressive for her to even fight him at all.
Well we really don't know where Maou-class ends and god-class begins. They seem to overlap seeing how Grayfia was taking on Artemis.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:31   Link #5589
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well we really don't know where Maou-class ends and god-class begins. They seem to overlap seeing how Grayfia was taking on Artemis.
To be fair Asia is also really strong. Specially after her bond with Fafnir. Though Grayfia was fightning Balor Rias, so maybe the upper maou classes aren't that below gods. Like I assume Artemis would be high tierish in god class.
Old 2018-12-25, 17:33   Link #5590
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
I agree with Irina and would add Ravel as well. The way the author increases her power is similar to what he did with Rias up to volume 12 (she improves just control and strength of her power). I wish she'd get a new technique, or some kind of weapon like "The Fire God's Ring" or something like that. I know her position in the team is primarily a strategist, but it would not hurt to be more powerful.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:35   Link #5591
TommyG

I assume low god class is at least 1.5 maou if not above (that just my baseless assumption however) but Grayfia had Asia and Fafnir backing her When she took on Artemis, who presumably wasn't one of the more powerful Greek gods otherwise surely she would have gone into the isolation barrier.

Palmito I think Irina should get armour like Xenovia or Rias but instead of the red dragon emperors she should get white (Issei hardly seems to use Albions powers anymore)
Old 2018-12-25, 17:35   Link #5592
sbh1fr

considing isse team members, in my opinion the weakest are irina، bova, Elmenhide and ravel.

I know this wont happen but its just hypothetical team change to gain more power but if isse replace all of them. The team will be stronger.
Isse dont really need ravel and can probably use roygun as strategist since she has more experience.
Here a hypothetical team made by mixed members of isse and rias teams.
King: isse.
Queen: crom.
Rooks: strada and ingvild.
Knights: xenovia and lint.
Bishop: gasper and rose.
Pawns: ashia, roygun (and maybe ravel if enough pawns).
Old 2018-12-25, 17:44   Link #5593
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
considing isse team members, in my opinion the weakest are irina، bova, Elmenhide and ravel.

I know this wont happen but its just hypothetical team change to gain more power but if isse replace all of them. The team will be stronger.
Isse dont really need ravel and can probably use roygun as strategist since she has more experience.
Here a hypothetical team made by mixed members of isse and rias teams.
King: isse.
Queen: crom.
Rooks: strada and ingvild.
Knights: xenovia and lint.
Bishop: gasper and rose.
Pawns: ashia, roygun (and maybe ravel if enough pawns).
I understand what you mean, but Issei's current team helped him a lot to get where he is now. Replacing them with other people seems kind of cold to me.

TommyG: That would be a good idea, but Durandal + Excalibur >>> Heuteclare. And Xenovia would still have the Excalibur sheath. While that would be a decent power up for Irina she still would be far behind Xenovia and especially Asia in my opinion. Besides the armor she needs one more thing, maybe a new weapon?
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:45   Link #5594
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I assume low god class is at least 1.5 maou if not above (that just my baseless assumption however) but Grayfia had Asia and Fafnir backing her When she took on Artemis, who presumably wasn't one of the more powerful Greek gods otherwise surely she would have gone into the isolation barrier.

Palmito I think Irina should get armour like Xenovia or Rias but instead of the red dragon emperors she should get white (Issei hardly seems to use Albions powers anymore)
Yeah, that's why Zeus left the two strongest in his mythology, and Odin didn't ask Fenrir to come plus leaving behide someone on par with Thor. Indra and Shiva also stayed behide.
Old 2018-12-25, 17:49   Link #5595
TommyG

I honestly can't explain why Indra and Shiva stayed but Vidar is only Thor level when with the boots and techniquely Fenrir is an enemy to the Norse faction. Since the series is based off the myths it stands to reason that Ares, Athena, Posiden and Hera are all more powerful than Apollon yet he's the head of Olympus, it seems reasonable to me that powerful people were left in charge of the factions but not the most powerful as the most powerful would be best equipped to fight Trihexa
Old 2018-12-25, 17:52   Link #5596
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I honestly can't explain why Indra and Shiva stayed but Vidar is only Thor level when with the boots and techniquely Fenrir is an enemy to the Norse faction. Since the series is based off the myths it stands to reason that Ares, Athena, Posiden and Hera are all more powerful than Apollon yet he's the head of Olympus, it seems reasonable to me that powerful people were left in charge of the factions but not the most powerful as the most powerful would be best equipped to fight Trihexa
The most famous Apollon/Helios story had him and Zeus almost kill each other. Thor also uses a magic weapon like Vidars boots. We do not know about the other mythologies goverments at all so it's hard to speculate.
Old 2018-12-25, 17:55   Link #5597
TommyG

True but Athena was Zeus' favourite to succeed him as ruler as Olympus, Ares was consider one of the strongest and he demolished another god like it was nothing and Poseiden and Hera were Zeus siblings.
Old 2018-12-25, 17:58   Link #5598
Parry999

Athena is the oldest and kind of from his first wife who zeus killed. She's also not a dumb ass like her siblings.
Old 2018-12-25, 18:01   Link #5599
TommyG

Athena isn't the oldest, Hephestus (probably spelt wrong) split Zeus' head and Athena burst out in full armour. Hephestus is the son of Hera and Zeus.
Old 2018-12-25, 18:13   Link #5600
sbh1fr

I thought Poseidon went with zeus to fight trihexa. Also i dont think the choice is based on strength alone, else he wouldve put hades in charge... Personality and duties are also considered so i think apolo is a good choice. Sun god is very powerful symbol for gods among many mythologies. Ares is a war god...
Vidar is also a good choice since in the myth he would survives ragnarok while thor and odin wont. And vidar can protect from fenrir.
Vishnu and brahma went in the barrier so shiva had to stay.