AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-25, 06:00   Link #541
B214

Goristie is probably still aiming for a shot at Ise though...
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 07:41   Link #542
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
^ Shiro gets plot power ups throughout Fate Stay Night though.
Shirou doesn't get plot power up you know, in Stay Night he can't do shit aside from the Avalon that has been inside him for a very long time. In UBW while he do get stronger, he still can't actually fight against Servant on his own, he win against Archer because it is mostly a mind game, Archer trying to break Shirou mind while Shirou trying to change Archer point of view, against Gilgamesh he win because extra mana from Rin, Gil is not serious and Shirou's Reality Mable is a special counter for Gil's Gate of Babylon, he even state that he can't win against other Servants. In Heaven's Feel he do get Archer's Arm, but using it constantly deteriorating his body, and he actually die. So no they are not plot armor.
I know it is off topic but like i said Issei and Rias have strong MC power and plot armor because DxD is a shounen hero series, those kind of series is not too dark, the setting of the story is like a easy mode of a game, MC can get through problem and power-up without much penalty, we can praise Rias and Issei talent and charisma all the time, but we need to remember that this kind of story always throw in an easy enviroment so MC can have space to breath and grow.
Old 2018-12-25, 10:19   Link #543
Gaizafaiz

I feel like there are spoilers from other show that should have been kept as spoilers....
Old 2018-12-25, 12:19   Link #544
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
I feel like there are spoilers from other show that should have been kept as spoilers....
Why I didn't respond with any yes.
@viethai96 not making you stronger then your opponent doesn't change the fact Shiro a novice mage gets way stronger in every route. That's the definition of a power up that's all I was saying.

Last edited by Parry999; 2018-12-25 at 13:50.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 14:56   Link #545
sbh1fr

So issei vs diehauser next.
If issei wins, he becomes top4 participant and a maou.
Should ingvild tale her place as ise queen instead of grayfia? Personnally i would prefer if ise recruit crom as his Queen in RG since he's free now.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:23   Link #546
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
So issei vs diehauser next.
If issei wins, he becomes top4 participant and a maou.
Should ingvild tale her place as ise queen instead of grayfia? Personnally i would prefer if ise recruit crom as his Queen in RG since he's free now.
Well there's really no evidence of Issei wanting to become a Maou.

And we really don't know the policy of recruiting kings or team members of teams that are eliminated from the main stage. As that can easily get out of hand. But no one from Rias' team is joining Issei's team in my view.

And in my opinion, Issei is probably going to lose against Diehauser in this match. I want him to win but I never saw him making it to the Final 4 anyway. And besides this is kind of vert subjective but I really don't see the team with the 2nd tanker defeating the team led by the Champion himself.

And besides Diehauser is going to be the main opponent and it seems he is using his peerage as when his name was listed it just said devils not mixed mythologies. So really there's no god-class or Top 10 being for Issei or Ddraig to contend with. Which is why I think he will lose this match.

And also for the reason that Ishibumi wants to focus on bringing the original Gremory group back together again.

In my opinion, his match against Diehauser is probably going to be Ravel's volume. Against the guy who dominated the Rating Games. And I always saw Ravel's volume being the volume where Issei actually lost.

Again Diehauser and every single one of his servants is sure to be very experienced Rating Game players and provide a whole other challenge compared to the other opponents they have faced until now.

In my view, here's who might win the Azazel Cup:

Vali: Just to show that Vali is still ahead of Issei and to hype things up for their destined match. And because the tournament is named after his adoptive father.

Dulio: Just to make his and Rudiger's wish come true. And Ishibumi does like showing off the angels. And this series does revolve around Sacred Gears.

Indra: Just because.

Diehauser: Just because.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:32   Link #547
TommyG

You raise some good points for why Issei will lose Lucidrago but I personally think he will beat Diehauser in one of 2 ways, either he will add Ingvild and her unforseen power will make the difference between victory and defeat, but the strategy and difficulty of keeping up with the emperor will be so draining on Ravel that after the fact Issei will realise just how much he depepends on and loves Ravel and will propose, or Ravel will be so mentally drained from trying to combat the emperor that either she or Issei will propose and like with Xenovia it will give her the boost she needs to form the plan that beats the emperor. Of course both of these is based on the assumption that the match is Ravels volume.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 17:55   Link #548
sbh1fr

@ lucidrago: Vali adoptive father is Odin not Azazel. And the tournament is azazel cup.
I agree that vali and indra are winning candidate but i dont see dulio or diehauser winning the tournament.
About policy recruiting members i think it was mentioned to be same as preliminaries. You can recruit any with the exception of kings. Kings of preliminaries exluded (riser joined ruval team).
Old 2018-12-25, 18:11   Link #549
AP24

How did the Ravel vs Koneko fight go? Koneko with 2 tails is ultimate-class level so she's probably maou-class with 3 tails. If Ravel is able to be on par with Koneko with 3 tails, then wouldn't that make Ravel at maou-class?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 18:17   Link #550
sbh1fr

I think 2 tail koneko is high class not ultimate.
Thou she can beat other high class cuz of compatibilty since her sejutsu and kusha fire are like holy attacks that are deadly to devils
Old 2018-12-25, 18:24   Link #551
Palmito

I just realized. In the game between Issei and Diehauser we will finally meet Diehauser's peerage members. Sirzechs has the Ultimate Queen and Rook, so maybe Diehauser has the Ultimate Knight and Bishop? What if he has the Ultimate Pawn?
Issei (DxD) vs. Diehauser + The strongest Pawn would be a great fight.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 18:27   Link #552
sbh1fr

What are you talking about, Isse is the strongest pawn... XD
Old 2018-12-25, 18:38   Link #553
Parry999

Poor Beowolf.
Old 2018-12-25, 18:45   Link #554
AP24

Quote:
I think 2 tail koneko is high class not ultimate.
Thou she can beat other high class cuz of compatibilty since her sejutsu and kusha fire are like holy attacks that are deadly to devils
Isn't Koneko with 2 tails on par with Kuroka who is said to be ultimate-class level? That would make her with 3 tails and Ravel at maou-class.
Old 2018-12-25, 18:51   Link #555
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Isn't Koneko with 2 tails on par with Kuroka who is said to be ultimate-class level? That would make her with 3 tails and Ravel at maou-class.
No, she couldn't even beat Ravel in her 3 tailed state.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 18:57   Link #556
Lucidrago

Quote:
@ lucidrago: Vali adoptive father is Odin not Azazel. And the tournament is azazel cup.
I agree that vali and indra are winning candidate but i dont see dulio or diehauser winning the tournament.
About policy recruiting members i think it was mentioned to be same as preliminaries. You can recruit any with the exception of kings. Kings of preliminaries exluded (riser joined ruval team).
I know Odin is his adoptive father on paper. But Azazel is his actual father in terms of how Vali sees it.

@AP24 Ravel being Maou-class? No one is that strong among the youth except Longinus possessors like Issei, Vali, Cao Cao, Sairaorg(with BxB), Dulio, and Tobio.

Remember that Ravel is immortal and even for strong opponents it is very hard to defeat an opponent who constantly regenerates. And the flames of a Phenex are very powerful.

Just imagine how strong Riser is now.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 19:17   Link #557
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
@AP24 Ravel being Maou-class? No one is that strong among the youth except Longinus possessors like Issei, Vali, Cao Cao, Sairaorg(with BxB), Dulio, and Tobio.

Remember that Ravel is immortal and even for strong opponents it is very hard to defeat an opponent who constantly regenerates. And the flames of a Phenex are very powerful.

Just imagine how strong Riser is now.
Well, it was never explained how the fight between Koneko and Ravel go. It's possible Koneko was overpowering Ravel but Ravel managed to last until the end. It's still a fact that Koneko with 3 tails is much stronger than Kuroka who is ultimate-class though. If Koneko with 3 tails is not maou-class then she should be high in ultimate-class.
Old 2018-12-25, 19:23   Link #558
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Considering we don't know everyone that's on Tobio's team, we can't say that for certain.

@Djeveler That argument about them being black operatives doesn't really matter much since right now they are competing in the Azazel Cup and he is sure to research them thoroughly and have data on them that he can use against them.

And Dulio has the 2nd most powerful Longinus and even fought Crom Cruach in Volume 18. So if I had to give someone the edge in power, I would give it to Dulio just because of his higher-ranked Longinus and all the things he is able to do with it.

Again Dulio's team defeated Issei's in Volume 23 if you don't remember. And like Tobio's team has blessings and support from the Japanese gods, Dulio's team is sure to have blessings and support from Heaven.
You really didn't get my point on them being black operatives. All them participating in the Azazel Cup means is that their abilities (not necessarily all) are known. Rudiger's strategical approach, however, is not focused at all on the opponents' abilities, but on their personalities and emotional weaknesses, not something that is necessarily exposed in Game matches, much less for secret agents.

Dulio didn't fight a serious Crom Cruach seeing as how he's on par with a partial PDxD Issei (figure accounted for when canceling out Dulio's advantage in light with the close range combat that ensued). To compare this to Tobio's high showings, Tobio in his base BxB utterly demolished an executive-class Grim Reaper. To account for other executives we know of, there's Pluto and Thanatos, first of which didn't have issue fighting armored Azazel and the latter who is much superior to partial PDXD. Of course, Thanatos is the strongest so the one Tobio destroyed was not as strong as Thanatos, but seeing as how Tobio didn't have any difficulty in exterminating it without even using his full power, that says a lot.

I don't see how it's relevant to this that Dulio's team defeated Issei's, considering it was by a very low margin and that Rudiger had immense psychological knowledge on Issei's members which he doesn't necessarily have on Tobio's, and with Dulio's team having the advantage of light against various of Issei's members, who are Devils.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 19:43   Link #559
sbh1fr

If just 2 or 3 tails make them ultimate, then what about that granny nekomata magari with 7 tails
Old 2018-12-25, 19:54   Link #560
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Well, it was never explained how the fight between Koneko and Ravel go. It's possible Koneko was overpowering Ravel but Ravel managed to last until the end. It's still a fact that Koneko with 3 tails is much stronger than Kuroka who is ultimate-class though. If Koneko with 3 tails is not maou-class then she should be high in ultimate-class.
Or Kuroka lost because she's an idiot. She's got looks not brains. Kuroka losing to Koneko was a mistake.