AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-07-20, 21:11   Link #541
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I have some of the first press DVDs - disc 4 for the first season and 2-6 of A's (would have liked to get the one for A's DVD 1 though - guess two weeks wasn't soon enough to pre-order for this season's first disc). It's as you say, though - they have the cards, and the boxes have the same art as the DVD case. Granted, the first press case itself is sort of neat looking, but I don't know... I haven't been motivated enough to pursue my own missing first press discs for this series, so take that for what it's worth, I guess.
Pretty much what I expected, considering the amount of R2s I want right now forking out that much extra for just that doesn't seem worth it... thanks Regular editions it is then.

Just finished watching my 3 night showing of both seasons and oh man... I don't think there's an anime I've wanted another season of as much. The time skip does seem to reduce the chance of that though. Oh well, a dream will do.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 07:15   Link #542
Petco

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's

After watching the MGS parody (click sig), For a Nanoha game I always thought of some sort of Metal Gear Solid parody like my sig except it's actually a game.

Note: Skip to the bolded sentences to get the summary of each paragraph. Also at the end I will combine the bolded sentences to sumarrized the whole post. Basicly I'm getting you to picture my idea for a parody of MGS using Nanoha.

It'll be based on MGS. Character reflections for this parody game:

Solid Snake = Nanoha

Otacon = Yunno

Gray Fox = Fate

Soldiers/guards = Random Magical guys (You know like the one from the time space)

Campbell = Lindy

Meryl = Chrono (Although I'm in favor of Nanoha X Yuno)

Liquid Snake = Kyoya (Nanoha's brother, because Liquid and Solid are "brothers" so yeah here you go)

Though, the bosses I'm not sure if it should be using current Nanoha characters, if you think about it, pratically every character in Nanoha is a "good guy" except Precia and the
Spoiler:

Bosses will be new characters created for this parody. Just image "Nanoha" verisons of the MGS1 bosses.

The story is like this, Nanoha was sent on a mission to stop Magical Gear(picture metal gear, instead of using guns and missiles, it fires out magical beams). Throughout the course of the game, Nanoha has to battle again bosses similar to the bosses in MGS1. After awhile Nanoha must find and meet Chrono, Lindy's nephew and also a rookie. They both meet, and Chrono states that he will disguise himself as a magical guard. Chrono sneaks up behind Nanoha and points his Magical weapon (Chrono's weapon from Nanoha) at her. Nanoha turns around, takes his weapon, does a backflip and holds the weapon at Chrono and thus they meet and talk again.

For some reason (I forgot how MGS1 went), Nanoha and Chrono decided to go through a wolf infested cave and to some building. Once they enter, Nanoha and Chrono notice a laser pointed at Chrono, one second later Chrono is shot in the leg. Two more seconds past by in this slow mo. dramatic event scene, and Chrono gets shot again in the arm. Chrono drops his Magical Weapon(I don't know what to call it right now), and gets shot again. Then the dialogue is started(BTW, everything is said in Japanese, with english subtitles in the parody game) -

Chrono: Shoot me Nanoha

Nanoha: No! They're after me.

Chrono: You must shoot me, the sniper is using me as bait to lure you out.

Nanoha: No Chrono-kun *Cries*.

*Lindy calling*: Nanoha, you must find a PGS-1 card guarded by a level 4 sector, but since Chrono gave you a level 4 ID card, you can now access it. Go get it Nanoha and save Chrono.

*A couple of hours BEFORE*

*You see Fate using stealth camo and killing a bunch of magical guards, then Fate meets Yuno*

Yuno: Stealth camoflage?

*Fate pulls out Bardiche, Yuno screams*

Fate: Where is my friend?

Yuno: What?

*Then all of a sudden Nanoha pulls out Her Raging Hearts in Socom mode and fires a magical blast (that is as small as a bullet)*

*Fate uses Bardiche in Scythe form and cuts the blast in half*

Yuno: What next?

Fate: Nanoha!

Nanoha: Hey, you're that black mage with stealth camoflage.

Fate: I've been waiting for you Nanoha.

Nanoha: Who are you?

Fate: Neither enemy nor friend, I am back from a world where such words are meaning less

Fate: Now make me feel it, make me feel alive again!

*Boss battle!*

*10 hours later*

*We see Kyoya on top of Magical Gear*

Kyoya: Yes, brother and sister, but we're not siblings... we're siblings linked by cursed genes. You're fine. You got all our father's dominant genes. I got all the flawed, recessive genes. Everything was done so that you would be the greatest of his children. The only reason I exist is so they could create you, Nanoha.

Nanoha: So you're saying I'm the dominant one? But you're my brother, let's be friends!

Kyoya: How about no.

*Kyoya Jumps into Magical Gear*

Kyoya: Nanoha! Come! Kneel down and sacrifice yourself to this historic weapon! Consider it an honor, a gift from your brother. Now you shall bear witness to the demon weapon that will drag the multiverse into the 21st century!

*MGS1 boss battle music starts*

Ugg anyway, just imagine MGS1 with Nanoha characters and stuff instead.

Now onto the gameplay for Magical Girl Solid. Picture this, you're playing as Nanoha, she now knows CQC from MGS3, and she can choke people like snake. The models will be cel-shaded.

Nanoha knows CQC from MGS3, models are cel-shaded.

At the beginning to the end, you'll see Nanoha with her standard Battle armor on, with Raging(I know it's Raising but I'm too used to Raging) hearts. But ranging heart is unusuabled at hte beginning, she needs to find "cards" to insert to the raging hearts to change it's form. The forms will reflect the weapons used in MGS1, the Socom with laser sight, famas, PGS-1, Stinger, etc. The ammo for the weapons will be the same, but certain weapons like say the Stinger missile uses more ammo than the Socom handgun.

Nanoha will be in her transformed self during the course of this parody game, Raging hearts uses "cards" to change form to other weapons.

All the shots are using Raging Hearts the way seen in Nanoha, it doesn't actually change form as in change apperance, and the shots are basicly beams like "Divine Buster" or smaller shots like the beams in Episode 5 of A's, when Nanoha was beating Vita with those beams she was controlling. Anyway, if you can picture that, you're doing good so far.

Raging hearts do not change apparence, all shots are beams.

Anyway back to how the game play, you can sneak around, crawl, etc like in MGS games. You have your MADAR (Magical Detection And Ranging) which works basicly like the RADAR in MGS. As I said earlier, Nanoha is now able to use CQC. Basicly, picture the how you can use guards as a human shield while Nanoha fires the Raging Hearts with one hand while holding the guard with another.

Gameplay is basicly MGS3 with MGS1's setting.

Summary: Metal Gear Solid 1 with Cel shaded models, Raging hearts using cards to change forms to other weapons such as the socom, FAMAS, Stinger missile, etc. Story and setting are similar to MGS, obviously using Nanoha characters and stuff.

Maybe this could be an unlocked gameplay parody after beating MGS4, 3 times, I mean isn't Konami the publisher for Nanoha A's, they could ask the creator about making some sort of Parody.

Last edited by Petco; 2006-07-23 at 07:48.
Petco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 04:09   Link #543
Petco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw2ix...Nanoha%20a%27s

What is this from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nf-N...Nanoha%20a%27s

Ace combat + nanoha.
Old 2006-07-28, 11:07   Link #544
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
hmm... Just some pics I found on the net... Probably just fan works...

^ Fate looks hot o_O

Last edited by Hoshi_Kawa; 2006-07-29 at 00:09.
Hoshi_Kawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:09   Link #545
Varion
殲滅天使

Figured people who don't read anime blogs would want to know about this:

Source: Moetron
"An important announcement regarding a new upcoming Nanoha project will be revealed in the October issue of Megami Magazine, which is expected to go on sale 08/30. So far sources say that this new work is definitely in full gear, yet what the project is exactly is still just speculation. We’ll just have to wait and see…"

Yeah, I've got my hopes up now

Last edited by Varion; 2006-07-28 at 12:21.
Old 2006-07-28, 11:21   Link #546
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa

Spoiler:
Fate looks very good. Or could it be Alicia (wearing Fate's clothing) in season 3?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:53   Link #547
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Figured people who read anime blogs would want to know about this:

"An important announcement regarding a new upcoming Nanoha project will be revealed in the October issue of Megami Magazine, which is expected to go on sale 08/30. So far sources say that this new work is definitely in full gear, yet what the project is exactly is still just speculation. We’ll just have to wait and see…"

Ahhhh, that little post made my day. Now I just have to figure out which Fate figure to order...
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:58   Link #548
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa

Spoiler:
Need a 3rd season with a new Hot Spring Ep with all the girls now grown up

WOnder if Yunno will sneak in as a ferret again Lucky sob
Old 2006-07-28, 12:21   Link #549
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Figured people who read anime blogs would want to know about this:

Hopefully, that teaser we got at the end of Nanoha A for "teen Nanoha" generated so much vibration amongst the otaku in Japan that earthquakes ensued ...
Old 2006-07-28, 12:34   Link #550
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Hopefully, that teaser we got at the end of Nanoha A for "teen Nanoha" generated so much vibration amongst the otaku in Japan that earthquakes ensued ...

Didn't they have some mysterious generic Nanoha announcement back in early February to debut in October? Not that it was specifically another season, but that was the general assumption.

Let me see if I can dredge it up.

Edit:
Ah, here we are:

Or is this just a #chan shop or something?

2x Edit: Ah, yes it is. I guess just ignore me. *shrug*

Last edited by aroduc; 2006-07-28 at 13:11.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 12:35   Link #551
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Ahhhh, that little post made my day. Now I just have to figure out which Fate figure to order...
Well, no one's said it's definitely an anime yet, but it's still much more hope we'll get one than we've had already. I have a feeling I'm getting myself set up for a huge fall but...

Alter's Fate for the win though =P More exciting pose, higher build quality, more sturdy-looking (Good Smile's will lean). Never ordered a figure before, don't see any others I want right now either but I just had to have that one

Would've been interesting if they'd made a Scythe Form one though, the world needs more scythes.

Quote:
I still wish they'd move that ponytail to the middle of her head though >_>
Old 2006-07-28, 13:22   Link #552
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
The Next Megami magazine will talk about the Third Project Of Nanoha

IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 14:38   Link #553
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Well, no one's said it's definitely an anime yet, but it's still much more hope we'll get one than we've had already. I have a feeling I'm getting myself set up for a huge fall but...

Alter's Fate for the win though =P More exciting pose, higher build quality, more sturdy-looking (Good Smile's will lean). Never ordered a figure before, don't see any others I want right now either but I just had to have that one

Would've been interesting if they'd made a Scythe Form one though, the world needs more scythes.

I still wish they'd move that ponytail to the middle of her head though >_>
yeah, I prefer scythe form or pole-axe to the sword business.... and PVC does not tolerate severely off balance forms especially if you live in a moderate-to-hot climate. I ended up gluing my Evangeline (swirling black cape model) to her stand because she kept losing her grip on the base ... no deformation... just too much off-center mass.
Old 2006-07-28, 14:55   Link #554
duster_Fukku
Finally found it

Can't wait for the third season!^^
The staff works really fast for nanoha.... Have they annouced third season's title yet?
duster_Fukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 15:12   Link #555
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
yeah, I prefer scythe form or pole-axe to the sword business.... and PVC does not tolerate severely off balance forms especially if you live in a moderate-to-hot climate. I ended up gluing my Evangeline (swirling black cape model) to her stand because she kept losing her grip on the base ... no deformation... just too much off-center mass.
Yup, and GSC Fate's sword is about 3 times the length of the stand and many more times wider than her body >_> The only thing the Alter one has to worry about is if it's too shiny.

Quote:
Can't wait for the third season!^^
The staff works really fast for nanoha.... Have they annouced third season's title yet?
Nope, they haven't even announced a third season yet. It's just 'a major Nanoha announcement' that COULD be a third season and we're all desperately hoping it is Don't get your hopes up too much though.
Old 2006-07-28, 22:27   Link #556
Petco

If it is going to be a third season, I wonder what if they'll go deeper in the character relationship between Nanoha/Fate and the knights? Anyone a little disappointed that they didn't show much between the two? I mean the first season, Nanoha and Fate started to become really good friends but they don't show it happening with Nanoha/Fate and the knights.

On another note, how popular is Nanoha in Japan? I'm just curious.
Old 2006-07-28, 22:49   Link #557
frojoe

The last scene was a major tease, where they're about to setup. In fact it
drove me to make this fanart.

If they make a third season I hope they develop the villians and dont go all
Precia on us.
frojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 03:29   Link #558
pianocello

I hope in the 3rd season, Nanoha and Fate become more than just friends, if you get my drift.
pianocello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 06:52   Link #559
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

ah, no Yuri for Nanoha, thank you
Old 2006-07-29, 09:49   Link #560
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ehhhhhhhhhh, mwah! Good night, everybody!

Seriously, if its a *well-written* story I might be okay with it. But so far this series has concentrated on action, character development, and storyline --- stupid situations for the sake of drool not needed: ecchi, yuri, whatever.