AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-07-29, 17:59   Link #1
Treble

Treble's art and fanart

Hello Everyone,
I'm relatively new here, don't post that much but I enjoy this forum very much. I wanted to share some of my artwork and what have you.

I taught myself how to draw anime soon after I got into it back in 1999. It was a long and difficult struggle, because I had zero artistic experience and it took me about 4 years till i producing stuff i sorta liked. Then after going to college, my love for anime and art completely stopped. However, i realized how much I missed anime and got back into it this past winter.

Soon thereafter I found myself desiring to draw agian, so I gave it a shot with this semi orginial / fanart based off a anime concept I had for the next "Onegai" Series. (Entitle Onegai Alien which is about Kazumi's mother and the earthling she fell in love with)

I was very happy with this image (granted I know it's not perfect) and I decided to attempt my most ambitious project to date: a 25 girl collage with all my favorite characters. It took me about 5 months to complete, and this was the finished collage:

None of the girls were traced and they were all hand drawn. Some may resemble offical art, becaue I may have used those as a referece.
here are some of my favorites from the collage:

Belldandy

Chii

Chidori

Kazumi

Mahoro

Mishima

Tessa

After completing the collage, and falling in love with Haruhi Suzumiya, I decided to do an oringal fanart of her:

now to where my problem comes in, I feel that i've reached a annoying stopping point. I dont know how to really impove the techincal asspects of my art. Mainly in the CGing department with things such as varying line thickness and better coloring techiniques. So I would appeciate and help and ideas you guys may have.

finally, here is a scetch of my current work. It's unique because A. it's orginal, and B. it's my first piece completly drawn with my wacom tablet:
Extremely rough/still lots of work to do

Well, that's it's. If you read all that, I'm impressed. Sorry if the images are too large or If I violated any board rules. Thanks for your time

also, here is my website will all my art if anyone is interested: http://www.auburn.edu/~shoemal
Treble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 19:36   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble
None of the girls were traced and they were all hand drawn. Some may resemble offical art, becaue I may have used those as a referece.
The fact that you didn't trace them makes your work all the more amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble
After completing the collage, and falling in love with Haruhi Suzumiya, I decided to do an oringal fanart of her:
I still remember when you posted this on the Haruhi Image thread, and like I said before, Excellent Work!!

Anyway, I do a little bit of tracing myself, but I am not sure if I can help you with anything. Still a noob myself