AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-19, 06:07   Link #41
RDNexus

Yeah, there's also that...especially in a story like this one...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 01:36   Link #42
Psyco Diver

This series is surprisingly not bad, not as ecchi nor trashy as I thought it would be
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 09:12   Link #43
Rasty

^ Yeah kinda surprised me. I went into the show fully expecting it to be unwatchable and it instead seems to be quite good. I can sympathize with the MC having trouble to pretend nothing happened with Rui and taking all of that in as it all happened so fast. Feels like a much more realistic take on the usual rom-con genre.

Rui certainly has the main heroine vibes (though would be fun to get a harem ending out of the left field) and I have my doubts about her having no feelings for MC (and not just being as awkward as usual). Hina, on the other hand, seems like a fairly troublesome woman.

As for the "don't tell about being siblings", I think it has to do with MC not being able to give up on Hina. He feels like them becoming siblings would mean he has no longer any chance with her (because it would be "kinda" incest) and tries to "prevent it" as much as possible, even if only by preventing others from knowing.

Of course, everything depends on how indecisive the MC manages to be and how terrible is the ending of the series gonna be though.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 18:19   Link #44
MgMaster

Yui's scoring points so far on a better waifu too^ Hina's well, cute & sexy I guess(so is Yui though), but she's definitely giving vibes of the type of girl that bring's a bit of trouble with her.

Better step it up Hina-sensei.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 18:38   Link #45
Mars Terra

I guess it makes sense that Hina would forget that she's living with others now after it's only been a few hours, although her forgetting the next morning would of probably had made more sense as people tend to get used to waking up in the same bed and get confused when they don't.
And I hear that families in japan often bathe with the same water, which is why the order of whose taking a bath matters. With that in mind, it makes sense why Natsuo would walk into the bathroom while the lights are on, as Rui probably wandered in while someone else was telling him that he could use it next.

So I think I'm going to have to commend this anime for actually putting some thought into it's fan service. That being said, I'm still on the fence as far as the story goes--especially with how convoluted the premise itself is--but I guess we'll see if it ends up going anywhere interesting.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 07:49   Link #46
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Terra View Post
And I hear that families in japan often bathe with the same water, which is why the order of whose taking a bath matters.
Why do that. What if the person before you was really sweatty from workout or something. Change the god damn water or just take a shower.
Old 2019-01-24, 16:51   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Why do that. What if the person before you was really sweatty from workout or something. Change the god damn water or just take a shower.
Here you take a shower and get totally clean before taking a bath.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 15:44   Link #48
Rasty

^ Which is another thing I don't get. Being a naturally lazy person, I would just leave after taking the shower as I would already be clean anyway.

Btw. why was he so scared all of the sudden? If the girl you love kisses you of her own volition and pushes you down, I feel there is something strange if you are scared.
Old 2019-01-25, 17:47   Link #49
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Meant that as an OR not an AND.
Old 2019-01-25, 18:00   Link #50
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Pls tell me it's not another case of Bitch-Sensai playing around and cheating on all her boyfriends like that other one.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 18:13   Link #51
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Pls tell me it's not another case of Bitch-Sensai playing around and cheating on all her boyfriends like that other one.
This is not the place to ask that, go to the manga thread and you'll find out.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 18:18   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
This is not the place to ask that, go to the manga thread and you'll find out.
it wasn't a question, but a plea to god.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 20:54   Link #53
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Which is another thing I don't get. Being a naturally lazy person, I would just leave after taking the shower as I would already be clean anyway.

Btw. why was he so scared all of the sudden? If the girl you love kisses you of her own volition and pushes you down, I feel there is something strange if you are scared.
Because the whole point it that taking a hot bath is enjoyable?

As for "why is he scared" - you find it odd that a 17 year-old would be scared when the adult woman he's in love with rips his shirt open and tosses him down on the bed?
Old 2019-01-25, 21:39   Link #54
Mars Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
If someone tries to force their self on you, it doesn't matter if it's the girl you like or not.

Natsuo might of been the one to kiss Hina, but that was just his way of tossing his hat into the ring--or perhaps it was more about denying what he just learned about the one he loves trying to get a guy to leave his wife to be with her instead--and now the one he loves is trying to force herself onto him. He must of been shocked, to say the least.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 22:17   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hahaha, the scene in the end of the first half is the reason I watch these types of things.
To be honest, I just hope the whole "plan" thing doesn't come off as scripted(?) and is proper drama or at least trashy drama.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 12:46   Link #56
Rasty

* My guess: replaying the scene from the bar, in other words throwing the wife into the mix and forcing the guy to show his colors. Might get a bit out of hand though, if they misjudge the situation and he decides he wants to stay with Hina (whether by being forced by his wife giving up on him or by really loving her more).

^^ Seems a bit unnatural though. I know I am sexist, but I still could accept this reaction from a girl, but seems strange from a guy. I would get it if he was a tad confused and blabbering, or if he tried to back out of it (the usual not this way or you should value yourself more) even if he tried to play it all down to a joke. However it's not like it's his first time (which is kind of special even to a guy, but the second time is much less important than to a girl) and the previous kissing should have alluded to him something (and give him time to react). Lying there like a fish on a chopping bord with terrified eyes as if he was seeing a monter is... strange.

It's not like she smashed him against a wall or anything. Yeah, she is acting up a bit but there is no harm to him to be done...
Old 2019-01-26, 16:31   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

His worldview is still pretty shaken. Whether it's the adultery stuff or her throwing him down on the bed, she's nothing like what he thought.

The whole adult/child thing annoyed me. Strictly speaking, adultery isn't something adults should get into, either. And a lot of the problems are caused by Hina's poor impulse control, and how mature is that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 21:49   Link #58
Alf

Well, even adults are learning to be more mature, and some people just learn it the hard way. Hina is still in her early 20's and it's a far way to go.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 03:21   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm just saying. She has every right to tell him to butt out of her business. But her claim that she's an adult and he's not has zero credibility.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 05:00   Link #60
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm just saying. She has every right to tell him to butt out of her business. But her claim that she's an adult and he's not has zero credibility.
Except that it's true. FWIW.

I can see conflicting feelings about that whole exchange, and I certainly had them myself. Ultimately though, while I think it's pretty obvious Hina is doing dumb things and screwing up her life, I think she has every right to tell a couple of meddling teenagers that it's none of their business. Being an adult means you have a right to make your own mistakes (and hopefully learn from them), as long as no laws are being broken and the mistakes involve consenting adults. And an adult 22-23 years old is most likely in the training-wheels stage of that process. Rui and Natsuo have no right to lecture her, even if their heart is in the right place.