AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-24, 02:27   Link #21
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Stop slapping some feels, Haru! I don't expect that because I forgot this chapter in manga as well

so kindly reminder.. if your cat acted strange, broke stuffs, and hiss randomly, that means your cat see something that you can't see
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 06:33   Link #22
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Stop slapping some feels, Haru! I don't expect that because I forgot this chapter in manga as well

so kindly reminder.. if your cat acted strange, broke stuffs, and hiss randomly, that means your cat see something that you can't see
I'm pretty sure that's a common legend. I remember reading it already a number of times - either cats seeing ghosts, or the idea that they're fighting a secret war against demons/evil spirits to protect humans, whenever they start acting weirdly.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 07:04   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As a lifelong cat person I will attest to the two main behaviors witnessed here. They do indeed sometimes stare at things you can't see (and even freak out about them). And when they sense a person they're close to is grieving or stressed, they transition into caregiver mode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 08:31   Link #24
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's a common legend. I remember reading it already a number of times - either cats seeing ghosts, or the idea that they're fighting a secret war against demons/evil spirits to protect humans, whenever they start acting weirdly.
That's obviously all true. Why do you think Egyptians worshiped them?
Old 2019-01-31, 17:39   Link #25
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I'm not a cat person (not to say I don't like them) but, darn, Haru is sooooo cute!!!!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 19:28   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

She does need a bath, though. I was wondering when someone would tell Subaru she needed to go to the vet, so kudos for that, but she's a scruffy little throw pillow atm. Surprised the vet's office didn't give her a bath while she was there - most will do that for a fee.
Old 2019-02-01, 14:32   Link #27
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd heard it kind of depends on the breed of cat. Some require frequent baths, like the hairless breeds, but from the things I'd seen online and from animal shows a lot of them are quite capable to keep themselves clean through personal grooming.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 19:39   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Indoor shorthairs are pretty much able to do that, and don't really need baths often unless they get fleas (which indoor cats can still get). Haru is a longhair (mix, I think) who's been living her life on the streets, and you can tell from her character design that her fur is pretty scruffy and matted. One good bath and Subaru won't need to worry about it for a year.

Overthinking it? Sure I am, ROFL. But I'm a sucker for realism and I'm a cat guy.
Old 2019-02-06, 14:19   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This show is just freaking adorable. A nice episode focusing on Nana and continuing to expand Subaru's world. The more people you get involved with the further things spiral outwards. Some good tips given for Subaru to take advantage of.

Also thank you Hachi for clearing up the Haru=food misunderstanding. It is also handy for Haru to meet with others and get the animal viewpoint on pet topics. Great moment with Haru unable to let herself be spoiled since she wants to keep the competent big sister image intact when around Hachi.

And hey a good cliffhanger to end things on. Curious who this guy is.
Old 2019-02-06, 20:48   Link #30
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

My heartstrings always tighten a little whenever I see flashbacks of Haru's or Subaru's past family ties. Too bad they can't talk to each other; otherwise, they'll quickly realize how similar they are in both personality and tragic past.

It's great to see Haru find her lost little brother.

...and I'm guessing the new guy is the girl's (forgot her name) brother. He may be her boyfriend but for some reason I'm leaning towards brother.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 22:45   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
My heartstrings always tighten a little whenever I see flashbacks of Haru's or Subaru's past family ties. Too bad they can't talk to each other; otherwise, they'll quickly realize how similar they are in both personality and tragic past.

It's great to see Haru find her lost little brother.

...and I'm guessing the new guy is the girl's (forgot her name) brother. He may be her boyfriend but for some reason I'm leaning towards brother.
Agreed. Ten to one he's a brother, so as to avoid interfering with her position as potential future love interest.

Additionally, we now have confirmation that Haru's one little tsundere. I'd say "she's a cat so duh" but Hachi doesn't seem to have a drop of tsun in him.
Old 2019-02-07, 08:28   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Big myth that all cats are tsundere. I've known tsuntsun ones, deredere ones, and every gradient in-between.
Old 2019-02-07, 10:16   Link #33
LKK

That water bottle filled with kibble and the small hole that allows one kibble to escape occasionally.... is that really a cat play toy feeder thingie?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 10:50   Link #34
Tenzen12

One minute of googling tells me it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Big myth that all cats are tsundere. I've known tsuntsun ones, deredere ones, and every gradient in-between.
You are forgetting yandere cats.
Old 2019-02-07, 17:44   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
That water bottle filled with kibble and the small hole that allows one kibble to escape occasionally.... is that really a cat play toy feeder thingie?
Indeed it is (colloquially it’s called a puzzle feeder) and as a lifelong cat person, I can’t believe I never heard about it till now. Fantastic idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
One minute of googling tells me it is.

You are forgetting yandere cats.
I’m batting 0-lifetime on that one, and that’s a lot of cats. Never met one.

Last edited by LKK; 2019-02-08 at 11:31. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
Old 2019-02-07, 21:56   Link #36
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Same here. Cat the family had growing up was about 80% tsun, 10% indifferent and 10% dere. Sister's cat once she moved out was 98% tsun until the vet had them give her kitty Prozac. Friend's cat was about 80% dere, and his brother's cat is pretty much 60% dere when she's not hiding from kid and dog.
Old 2019-02-07, 23:51   Link #37
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

What's with this anime having veteran seiyuus to voice secondary animal characters? First Megumi Toyoguchi, than Sugita Tomokazu and now Kenjiro Tsuda.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2019-02-08 at 00:58.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-08, 00:29   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not to mention Murase Ayumu.
Old 2019-02-08, 00:57   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I do not consider him veteran yet as he only started voicing around 2012.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-08, 04:59   Link #40
Tenzen12

Quote:
I’m batting 0-lifetime on that one, and that’s a lot of cats. Never met one.
Lucky you

My family cat was one. She died this month in blessed age of twenty. My own cat is yanndere too, very unforgiving one to boot.