AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-02-06, 13:30   Link #18421
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Well okay then that goes all the way back to why I posted and express my entire dissatisfaction and anger frustration in the first place. But just in case, what I meant by "I wouldn't be surprised since she's written (so far) to get Mio's Sephira" I meant if out of no where Shido gets Mio's Sephira back or finds a way to get it back in the next volume. Maybe not the case but to me I sure darn love to see it.

Shido using Mio's Sephira to transcend (and with the other Sephiras inside of him of course) or do like a merge form like Kurumi did with Nia's Qlipha Crystal. To me that be like a middle finger to Tohka's face, sorry princess you're not only one with special treatment and who has access to form changes plus upgrades. You might be the main heroine but don't forget I'm the main character. But yeah no need to tell me that's nothing but a pipe dream and not how the ending is going to unfold. Still, I LOVE TO SEE IT HAPPEN.

Also all good on the misspelling, thanks for clarifying.

If you're talking about with Mio's Sephira part of me is intrigued by this but angry why couldn't it be Shido, oh well I digress. If not never mind and please ignore my reply.
Oh , boi been a while since i last visited this thread ....after vol 19 i completely lost interest for various reason , now only waiting how the author is going to end DAL, really I don't care what girl wins at this point.

answering your concern , there's no need for shido to take Mio's sephira he doesn't need to , when he tried to seal Mio he couldn't because her love was for shinji not him , now that tohka took it , author is setting up shido to seal her with Mio's power then fully becoming da'ath , we still got westcott foreshadowing about shido being a key which to this point didn't make any sense so i guess next volume when shido seal tohka he going to get his own sephira / astral dress / angel but no point since no antagonist left to use them. here is 2 options : either he reset the world , which after all that crap i doubt it's going to happen , or the story finally ends with ratatosk extracting that power and shido living with his harem happily . or the tohka end ...

sorry for bad eng
Old 2019-02-06, 15:37   Link #18422
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
Oh , boi been a while since i last visited this thread ....after vol 19 i completely lost interest for various reason , now only waiting how the author is going to end DAL, really I don't care what girl wins at this point.

answering your concern , there's no need for shido to take Mio's sephira he doesn't need to , when he tried to seal Mio he couldn't because her love was for shinji not him , now that tohka took it , author is setting up shido to seal her with Mio's power then fully becoming da'ath , we still got westcott foreshadowing about shido being a key which to this point didn't make any sense so i guess next volume when shido seal tohka he going to get his own sephira / astral dress / angel but no point since no antagonist left to use them. here is 2 options : either he reset the world , which after all that crap i doubt it's going to happen , or the story finally ends with ratatosk extracting that power and shido living with his harem happily . or the tohka end ...

sorry for bad eng
Shido was the key to Westcott gaining Mio's powers, because it would bring her back. That plot thread is over with him having done that and died.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 19:56   Link #18423
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post

sorry for bad eng
It's not a concern though it's dissatisfaction and anger. Your points are valid but I don't desire the coming scenario. True Shido sealing Tohka with Mio's Sephira does sound like the fitting outcome and style of Date A Live but as someone who despises Tohka these days I don't wish for that to happen. And yes there was a time I did like Tohka but after taking over most of the publicity and getting all the cool powers plus upgrades I've had it with her. I wish Tachibana would get back to writing Shido getting some more cool stuff so he can fight along side the Spirits on equal footing.

Let me put it this way, the main fight in the movie with Shido was so embarrassing if he at least had Da'at or more control over the Sephiras and Angels inside of him he would've looked I a lot more awesome. Plus if he got his own form upgrade it would've looked really really awesome with him fighting along side a upgraded Tohka. It's a personal complaint of mine, why does all the good stuff go to Tohka these days and Shido is starting to lack? As you can see it's not a concern, it's again dissatisfaction and anger.

I already express my thoughts and displeasure on the subject and even though the outcome you just described is the most likely one I still reject it and hope for a entire different scenario. That being the one I just said in my last couple posts. Yeah there was a time the series made me really happy but unfortunately not these days.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 21:55   Link #18424
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
@Kouta6659: Your displeasure is........odd, to say the least. But just to point out a few things (not interested in debating),

Shido is human. Despite his ability to seal spirit powers, and despite the whole thing with being reborn, he’s just human.
It makes far more sense that a spirit like Tohka gets the real upgrades, especially considering that she was never human to begin with, unlike the other spirits who were all originally human.

In other news, Pulchra announced more DAL releases, specifically a Kurumi smartphone stand, a Natsumi figure (YAY!), and I’m not sure what all the kanji is saying in the announcement pic but it’s a new Tohka figure, except something is new about this. As it should be since they literally just released that pose last month.

Still waiting for the Tohka fanservice pose to get pics of the actual figure and a release date. It’s odd since fanservice pose Origami was announced about the same time but got its actual sample photos and release date long ago.
Old 2019-02-07, 23:40   Link #18425
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
@Kouta6659: Your displeasure is........odd, to say the least. But just to point out a few things (not interested in debating),

Shido is human. Despite his ability to seal spirit powers, and despite the whole thing with being reborn, he’s just human.
It makes far more sense that a spirit like Tohka gets the real upgrades, especially considering that she was never human to begin with, unlike the other spirits who were all originally human.

In other news, Pulchra announced more DAL releases, specifically a Kurumi smartphone stand, a Natsumi figure (YAY!), and I’m not sure what all the kanji is saying in the announcement pic but it’s a new Tohka figure, except something is new about this. As it should be since they literally just released that pose last month.

Still waiting for the Tohka fanservice pose to get pics of the actual figure and a release date. It’s odd since fanservice pose Origami was announced about the same time but got its actual sample photos and release date long ago.
More good points but there's nothing saying Shido can't be written to handle such great power, actually I prefer it. It's funny and interesting that Tohka was perfectly written to fit the narrative. Either way it still makes me angry. Also I don't get why you find my displeasure odd, it is what it is.
Old 2019-02-07, 23:47   Link #18426
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

It’s odd because that’s just the way the narrative of this story was written. Shido isn’t a supreme being that can become OP by accessing all the powers of existence or anything like that. He’s just human, so it’s perfectly acceptable that he doesn’t become super powered.
The premise of the story means Tohka is a “supreme being,” though. And as the main heroine, like the main character of any title, she got the focus and the main powerups.
Old 2019-02-08, 00:22   Link #18427
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
It’s odd because that’s just the way the narrative of this story was written. Shido isn’t a supreme being that can become OP by accessing all the powers of existence or anything like that. He’s just human, so it’s perfectly acceptable that he doesn’t become super powered.
The premise of the story means Tohka is a “supreme being,” though. And as the main heroine, like the main character of any title, she got the focus and the main powerups.
So what, there's nothing saying you can't write his character to fit along side Tohka and share on the godhood. Like what Shido has been doing with the Spirit powers already or him becoming Da'at. Heck covert his body to that of a being to access and handle the Spirit powers then, it doesn't always have to be about Tohka. Actually a example I love see if all this happened, Tohka teaching Shido how to use the Spirit powers like she was teaching him how to use her sword back then. I get her character is written to be like what you said but that doesn't have stop Shido's possible ascension. Don't make me go to play the Deus ex machina card. Also don't bother trying to change my mind on this, because you won't.
Old 2019-02-08, 06:27   Link #18428
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
So what, there's nothing saying you can't write his character to fit along side Tohka and share on the godhood. Like what Shido has been doing with the Spirit powers already or him becoming Da'at. Heck covert his body to that of a being to access and handle the Spirit powers then, it doesn't always have to be about Tohka. Actually a example I love see if all this happened, Tohka teaching Shido how to use the Spirit powers like she was teaching him how to use her sword back then. I get her character is written to be like what you said but that doesn't have stop Shido's possible ascension. Don't make me go to play the Deus ex machina card. Also don't bother trying to change my mind on this, because you won't.
Shidou's body has been changed to be able to handle the power. That literally happens in Volume 19, after he fully seals Tzaphkiel and Raziel.

Also, 'always' is a grotesque exaggeration. She's only had two power-ups that the other girls haven't, as they all have Inverse Forms (even if only Tohka, Origami, and Kurumi have done anything really memorable with them). There's her Full Form, which is a gimmick for the movie, and there's Mio's Sephirah, which is set up for the endgame. Let's explore why both went to Tohka, shall we?

Tohka got the Full Form likely because of merchandising. Date A Live doesn't have the action-adventure elements that, say DxD has - Shido isn't a marketable character like Issei (not that I think he has any/much merch either, but still). Kadokawa wanted people to go see the movie, and knew they would for the same reason they initially picked up the novels - cute girls in revealing badass clothes with weapons fighting. However, Mayuri is/was a one-off character, and one who has far less time to demonstrate her personality than Rinne does (the fact that Mayuri's quite the tsundere, as shown in Tachibana's stories featuring her never even comes up) - they couldn't bank on Mayuri being hype enough to convince people to go see it (the fact that she did of course become insanely popular is pretty funny in hindsight). Give the main heroine a new sexy badass outfit and sword though...bang, instant new figures to be made. Date A Live's primary audience are men in their twenties - its a seinen series - the idea is that the cute girls are the draw, and so, the expectation is that people would buy figures of their favourite girl. More designs for the girls = more figures = more money.

Tohka got the Sephirah because this is the end. Though not the final volume itself, everything else has reached its conclusion - the main antagonist is dead, and Ellen states in V18 that, if Woodman had asked her to, she'd have betrayed Westcott with him, so she's unlikely to become a villain on her own (and even if she tried it, she's horribly outclassed, now). Shido's sealed all of the Spirits, and the mystery of who created them and why has been solved. There's no conflict left...but it also can't just 'end' abruptly, there. Thusly, there needs to be something - one last hurdle that Shido must struggle through, in order to create an ending. Tohka is the Spirit that caused the whole adventure to start - she's the beginning, and so, its fitting that she's also the ending. Date A Live's central conceit has never been the fights - its even in the title. Its been about dating the girls, to save the world. Whatever Tohka's plan is, and whatever the ending we are heading toward in the next couple of books...you can bet it will end where it began - with a date with Tohka.

If Shido'd gotten Mio's Sephirah, he probably would have just rewritten reality so the girls aren't Spirits anymore, or something, as was essentially his plan in V16, and V19 would have been the last volume. There is no 'next big villain' no 'next big arc' - regardless of how long it takes to resolve this conflict...Tachibana even states in V19's afterword that its been a long journey, and he wants us to stick around for just a little while longer.

I get that you want Shido to be like Kirito, or Issei...but Date A Live is not constructed in the same way Sword Art Online and Highschool DxD are, and Tachibana wants to go a different way with Shido-as-an-empowered character. You're more than justified in being upset, and complaining...but you just have to accept that Date A Live was never going to be that kind of story, is not that kind of story, and never will be that kind of story (not that its got much longer left anyway). If you can't accept that, or get over it - which is completely fair - then you should simply drop it. I understand that a light novel series you like wound up disappointing you...but there's no point in continuing to follow the story if the only reason you do is in anticipation of a change that will never come.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-02-08 at 07:06.
Old 2019-02-08, 09:29   Link #18429
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

^This. Just stated in a........much, much longer way that probably took a long time.

I wouldn’t discourage you from finishing the story though. At most we have two volumes left, but this will probably be the last. After keeping up with this series for all this time, just try to enjoy it for what it is and not let this disappoint you to the point of dropping it just one volume from the end.
Old 2019-02-08, 11:15   Link #18430
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
^This. Just stated in a........much, much longer way that probably took a long time.

I wouldn’t discourage you from finishing the story though. At most we have two volumes left, but this will probably be the last. After keeping up with this series for all this time, just try to enjoy it for what it is and not let this disappoint you to the point of dropping it just one volume from the end.
Eh, I type fast

As for 20 being the last...I would think Tachibana would say that in 19's afterword if that were the case. If anything, I can see the next arc being a lot like Mukuro's, or Mio's, in that V20 introduces the final conflict, sets Shido up to resolve it, and then V21 has the actual date + resolution.
Depending on what Tohka's done, I could see us maybe getting the full backstories for Nia, Yoshino, Natsumi, Kaguya, and Yuzuru, as well as a precise time on Mukuro becoming a Spirit...maybe.
I could also see us getting an explanation for why Tohka has a body. After all, though her Sephirah developed its own ego, we aren't told if that also meant it developed a body, and, either way, it would still have needed purifying.

I could also see those questions going unanswered, though.

Letting Go
Old 2019-02-08, 11:30   Link #18431
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Eh, I type fast

As for 20 being the last...I would think Tachibana would say that in 19's afterword if that were the case. If anything, I can see the next arc being a lot like Mukuro's, or Mio's, in that V20 introduces the final conflict, sets Shido up to resolve it, and then V21 has the actual date + resolution.
Depending on what Tohka's done, I could see us maybe getting the full backstories for Nia, Yoshino, Natsumi, Kaguya, and Yuzuru, as well as a precise time on Mukuro becoming a Spirit...maybe.
I could also see us getting an explanation for why Tohka has a body. After all, though her Sephirah developed its own ego, we aren't told if that also meant it developed a body, and, either way, it would still have needed purifying.

I could also see those questions going unanswered, though.
I agree. But I stay to what I have been saying before. We will get #22 as some sort of Epilogue Volume. As for the questions. I don't think we have to argue about the Tohka one. Would be strange without an explanation. As for the others, hopefully. Maybe we will get some kind of journey which will explain what we don't know yet.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-08, 14:26   Link #18432
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I agree. But I stay to what I have been saying before. We will get #22 as some sort of Epilogue Volume. As for the questions. I don't think we have to argue about the Tohka one. Would be strange without an explanation. As for the others, hopefully. Maybe we will get some kind of journey which will explain what we don't know yet.
I could see an epilogue volume too, yeah. I'm not convinced, there will be one, mind, but that's more because I can see Tachibana finding someway to make this a three-book-arc...somehow, rather than me thinking we'll end at V21.

As for the other backstories - they aren't important enough for their own book, so either they'll be revealed in a Material book or something, or we'll get them in V20, V21, or V22 - either because whatever Tohka does reverts them to whoever they were pre-Sephirah, or through the same 'Fragment Chapter' system that showed us Mukuro's memories, and Mio's life woth Shinji in V15, V17, and V18.

Letting Go
Old 2019-02-09, 22:10   Link #18433
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well here’s a surprise.

A scale figure of Inverse Yoshino coming.
Old 2019-02-10, 02:40   Link #18434
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

New stuff from Wonder Fes.

The new items from Pulchra will be a Natsumi figure, poseable figures of Kurumi and Inverse Tohka, smartphone stands for Kurumi, Inverse Tohka, and Inverse Origami, a deformed figure for Kurumi, and we have painted completed samples of half-naked Inverse Tohka and Spirit Origami.
https://moonlitsaki.com/2019/02/wond...r-pulchra.html

A non-painted sample of Kaitendoh/Lechery‘s Tohka figure.
https://moonlitsaki.com/2019/02/wond...h-lechery.html

Aquamarine has updated the pic of their upcoming Kurumi volume 16 fanservice figure, now labeled half-lingerie, to say it’s Coming Soon and in the works.
https://moonlitsaki.com/2019/02/wond...quamarine.html

And hallelujah,

FREEing Kurumi bunny girl figure

https://moonlitsaki.com/2019/02/wond...r-freeing.html

Notably, it doesn’t specifically say it’s 1/4 scale. But I think all of their bunny girl figures are 1/4 scale, with their non-bunnies being other scales. (though they make 1/4 scales of some figures besides bunnies)

EDIT: I think I just realized that the FREEing B-Style is for “Big Style,” as the 1/4 scale figures are all labeled B-Style and all the small ones are S-Style. (Small Style) -_-

Last edited by Shinji103; 2019-02-10 at 02:55.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-12, 19:34   Link #18435
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The April issue of Dragon magazine will have a special Date A Magazine release with special DAL and DAB chapters, something about the anime, a Tachibana and a Tsunako interview, and a collection of fanart from popular illustrators, like what they did for To Love-ru way back. There will also be bonuses special illustration key holders and Date A Material 1.5
Just give me more of that Kimono Kirumi.

http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201103date/

And I found this jem (not very good quality though) just lying around on the internet. Where is this from and why haven’t we seen it until now?!

Old 2019-02-13, 05:49   Link #18436
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
The April issue of Dragon magazine will have a special Date A Magazine release with special DAL and DAB chapters, something about the anime, a Tachibana and a Tsunako interview, and a collection of fanart from popular illustrators, like what they did for To Love-ru way back. There will also be bonuses special illustration key holders and Date A Material 1.5
Just give me more of that Kimono Kirumi.

http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201103date/

And I found this jem (not very good quality though) just lying around on the internet. Where is this from and why haven’t we seen it until now?!

Oh right. I forgot I never posted about that.
We're also due to get Nia and Mukuro's stats in it as well.

As for that image, it was from the March Dragon Magazine.

Letting Go
Old 2019-02-13, 06:18   Link #18437
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Oh right. I forgot I never posted about that.
We're also due to get Nia and Mukuro's stats in it as well.

As for that image, it was from the March Dragon Magazine.
Nice, I'm really interested to know exactly how flat Nia is and how big Muku is
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 07:21   Link #18438
tuckersister

Anything on the next volume?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 08:06   Link #18439
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Nice, I'm really interested to know exactly how flat Nia is and how big Muku is
Just smaller than Miku is what Tachibana once implied on Twitter, but that may have changed, or the translation could have been off. Her being just smaller would make sense, though, given that we now know she's 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Anything on the next volume?
Yes, we've known Date A Live 20 and Date A Bullet 5 have been scheduled for March 20th for a while now.

Letting Go
Old 2019-02-13, 12:44   Link #18440
tuckersister

But what about covers?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy