AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-15, 20:44   Link #21
Fabian
Fool

Bah don't blame the nerds someday they'll be making millions.

A Lan party? What's that?
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 21:19   Link #22
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I don't blog, but I read blogs. I see blogs as...sort of like an online dairy. Some people pour their ideas/experience/things that they want to get off their chest. Sometimes it's just daily (sometimes interesting) stuff, like "Today, I ate pizza with extra extra extra extra cheese: mmm cheese it's good".

A LAN party is where a bunch of computers are interconnected to each other in close proximity, hence the name "LOCAL" AREA NETWORK. The party just means that a bunch guys are together in close proximity too on the computers. Online games are played with/against each other. The main appeal of LAN party is that you can actually cuss at that guy who just headshotted you, maybe a punch or two. Vice Versa when something good happens too.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 21:27   Link #23
aahhsin

I dunno.... People hate my blogs, instead of writing about my daily life which is boring like hell. I write what pisses me off. Apparently some of my topics piss people off.

And they start screaming at me and calling me names. The funny thing is that their insults and criticisms are so pathetic.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 23:32   Link #24
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Heres a new blog site thats free and 10 times better than livejournal

http://www.modblog.com/

aahhsin your blog would be a funny read lol
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 23:39   Link #25
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel

aahhsin your blog would be a funny read lol
here's an article and some comments i receieved comments. Remember this article isn't for the faint of heart, flamers, and those that must prove me wrong. I had enough of it already.

Article
Spoiler:

The comments

Spoiler:

Names are withheld.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 00:51   Link #26
GreenTze

Send a message via AIM to GreenTze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitation
Thats what i use mine for! I have a livejournal by the way but i wont post it since it is dull but as i said, i just use it as a way of venting.
I read it once your meme results are interesting. I also read JAppi's livejournal also. He's really uhhhh 'interested in you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpixel

Hmnn...I should try it. Livejournal is suffering from overpopulation. Too many of my friends know about my secrect lif, it's almost scary.

ahhhsin- im to lazy to quote you, but do you use xanga?
GreenTze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 02:14   Link #27
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
http://www.blogjam.com/wires/ From a lady who went into Iraq in late March. Quite the interesting read. Just thought I would share it.
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 02:16   Link #28
Ayla

Send a message via AIM to Ayla
Am I the one who who blogs or something? lol I don't see anyone posting any T-T Mine is at http://tainted-sky.net as for a blog program, I use Word Press (graymatter is a lot easier..but appearintly it can be hacked..)
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 09:24   Link #29
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
here's an article and some comments i receieved comments. Remember this article isn't for the faint of heart, flamers, and those that must prove me wrong. I had enough of it already.

Article
Spoiler:

The comments

Spoiler:

Names are withheld.
lmfao you got some valid points though. I can understand that. hahah

Quote:
http://www.blogjam.com/wires/ From a lady who went into Iraq in late March. Quite the interesting read. Just thought I would share it.
sounds intresting, got to check that out

Ayla your site doesnt load fully for me
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 07:10   Link #30
fobthug
Banned

Myspace - Who uses it?

Well? Post them here
fobthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 10:47   Link #31
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
What do you think of blogging?

Hi all,

I just started a blog today. Pretty ugly long name for a blog but what the heck. Its my first time at it. However, I just wanted an insight as to what you guys feel a blog should have, whether its useful or whether you guys think blogging is beneficial.

Please post your thoughts. Want to know for some feedback.

Thanks

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-04-17 at 11:53. Reason: I'll allow the thread, but the link would be advertising...
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 13:23   Link #32
HydraDragoon
???!!!???!!!?!?!

I use http://www.efx2.com it's easy to use and very customizable. Don't know why I decided to start one really, it's just a good way to kill some spare times.
HydraDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 18:52   Link #33
Chichi

Did anyone mention WordPress? I'm too lazy to properly scan through. (The English language is slowly fazing out and I'm genuinely scared). Anyway, WordPress is the obvious choice regarding you have a slight insight in server-installation, but even if you don't it's pretty straight-forward. Customization is limitless, you can literally place this blogging software in any shape or form you like.

www.wordpress.com
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 22:37   Link #34
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Sorry for not searching prior to posting.... Hmmm. wordpress eh. Should take a look at it.
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 06:33   Link #35
gencbiba

MySpace?

Well it may sound corny but I was wondering how many people that post on AnimeSuki actually have a myspace account. I have one and I will link it... FYI, I joined when it was made and thus I am not included with the corny mass that joined thereafter. I was an original member so I just wanted to point that out. The pictures are kind of old but I haven't used myspace for about 1-3 months...

http://www.myspace.com/19435605

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 20:21   Link #36
4BiddenKnight

I really don't get the appeal of posting about yourself in those myspace, livejournal, xanga sites. I don't get why it's so interesting posting blogs about how your day went, how your school goes, who your friends are. Isn't diaries supposed to be kept secret? Like there's only specific formulas in creating that site of yours.

I wouldn't put in online predators as a reason on why I wouldn't do this, but it's almost like those MMORPG games. Where you build your character up and you basically watch your character get stronger. All you do is press this and press that. It isn't like FPS where it's almost like you're in a war (like in CS) or RTS where you actually manage economies and armies and come up with strategies to rock your opponents.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 22:24   Link #37
Lost

(^) To get famous. To get recognition on the web. To update close friends, let them know how you are.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 00:24   Link #38
4BiddenKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
(^) To get famous. To get recognition on the web. To update close friends, let them know how you are.
To me, getting recognized on the web isn't much of anything. You can update with close friends by just talking to them, and you can let them know how you feel just by typing stuff on your msn name, or by just talking to them by IM.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 00:45   Link #39
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

I tried myspace then proceeded to back off when people who I didn't know began randomly adding me as friends!! I think the idea is good but to me it's alot of effort for something that'll be read by four people, all of whom I know. It is however a good promotion tool for new bands, I'll admit that.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 01:39   Link #40
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BiddenKnight
To me, getting recognized on the web isn't much of anything. You can update with close friends by just talking to them, and you can let them know how you feel just by typing stuff on your msn name, or by just talking to them by IM.
Lol, I'm not advocating blogging or anything; I do not keep a blog. I was listing from memory reasons that a local newspaper gave when it ran an article on the phenomenal explosion of the number of blogs. Many people also use blogs to get jobs; especially jobs in modelling by "cam-whoring" as it was called by that newspaper. So I suppose they also serve as advertisements - very much an online portfolio.

Hmmm... The msn name and msn pm of MSN Live each holds 128 characters max, including spaces. And I wouldnt want to carrying on the same convo about myself with all 23 of my regular contacts and all 4 of my close friends.

Again, I'm not advocating anything.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote