Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
^
Spoiler for Julius's Death:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2019-03-08, 14:45   Link #8442
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Who already pre-ordered volume five of Kumo (official English translation)? :0 just me?
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 06:48   Link #8443
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
Who already pre-ordered volume five of Kumo (official English translation)? :0 just me?
I pre-ordered it a long time ago

PS For anyone wanting to read a story which has a somewhat similar vibe, I'd suggest 悪魔は異界で神となる【人外進化】 (Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story). There's 23 chapters translated at time of writing.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 19:12   Link #8444
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
For anyone wanting to read a story which has a somewhat similar vibe, I'd suggest 悪魔は異界で神となる【人外進化】 (Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story). There's 23 chapters translated at time of writing.
Where can I read it? :0
Old 2019-03-12, 22:18   Link #8445
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Yeah that Shit is good, it have 100 chapters all in all total but what can I say I like the MC....she is not a mary sue in wonder land.

You can go to Novelupdate to find it easier.
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 11:07   Link #8446
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Thank you!

I can survive the hiatus by reading that story instead! (For now)

Last edited by LKK; 2019-03-13 at 11:30. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
Old 2019-03-26, 07:50   Link #8447
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
So, any thoughts now that it's been out for a week? (I only buy ebooks these days so I get everything immediately on release)

In some ways it's less of a departure from the WN compared to LN4. And for readers who don't like Shun (which is pretty much everybody) he probably has too much of a presence but after this volume he has little presence.

It'll be interesting to see what the anime does. Ending on LN5 would be interesting but I don't see how it could be sensibly done in 1 cour given the density of the story. 2 cour would be nice.
Old 2019-03-26, 08:04   Link #8448
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
So, any thoughts now that it's been out for a week? (I only buy ebooks these days so I get everything immediately on release)

In some ways it's less of a departure from the WN compared to LN4. And for readers who don't like Shun (which is pretty much everybody) he probably has too much of a presence but after this volume he has little presence.

It'll be interesting to see what the anime does. Ending on LN5 would be interesting but I don't see how it could be sensibly done in 1 cour given the density of the story. 2 cour would be nice.
at least Shun got his ass kicked quite a bit in this volume
Spoiler for :
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-26, 11:30   Link #8449
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
at least Shun got his ass kicked quite a bit in this volume
Normal hero: try, fail, try, fail... succeed!
Shun: try, fail, try, fail, try, fail... fail some more!

Quote:
Spoiler for :
I don't think you have to put that stuff in spoilers btw. This has all been discussed long ago.

Anyway, yep, Kumoko dies again... as it were. Won't be the last time either. Being hit by Abyss Magic is extra bad news as well, but soul transfer is effectively self-reincarnation so can cure pretty much anything if done in time.

As the author says at the end, unfortunately for page count reasons, Ronant had to be cut. But he has some fun new scenes in the next volume.

Shame there wasn't a way to translate the "maou shoujo" joke. Oh well.
Old 2019-03-27, 04:07   Link #8450
Idealist 99

Quote:
Normal hero: try, fail, try, fail... succeed!
Shun: try, fail, try, fail, try, fail... fail some more!

I don't think you have to put that stuff in spoilers btw. This has all been discussed long ago.

Anyway, yep, Kumoko dies again... as it were. Won't be the last time either. Being hit by Abyss Magic is extra bad news as well, but soul transfer is effectively self-reincarnation so can cure pretty much anything if done in time.

As the author says at the end, unfortunately for page count reasons, Ronant had to be cut. But he has some fun new scenes in the next volume.

Shame there wasn't a way to translate the "maou shoujo" joke. Oh well.
Wait, Kumoko died ?
Old 2019-03-27, 04:16   Link #8451
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Wait, Kumoko died ?
she get rekt by Ariel(again), and managed to survived by transfer her soul(?) to one of the eggs she spawned beforehand
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2019-03-27, 04:22   Link #8452
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Wait, Kumoko died ?
“As it were”

Would normally be death but she survived anyway.

Eg , splattered by Ariel in ln4 but survived with Immortality. Nuked by Ariel in ln5 (Abyss Magic level 10) but survived with soul transfer. Technically she dies again in ln10 and again survived with soul transfer, though she’s more like a hive mind by that point.
Old 2019-03-27, 04:31   Link #8453
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
“As it were”

Eg , splattered by Ariel in ln4 but survived with Immortality. Nuked by Ariel in ln5 (Abyss Magic level 10) but survived with soul transfer. Technically she dies again in ln10 and again survived with soul transfer, though she’s more like a hive mind by that point.
wait, how did she died in LN10? D or Kuro?
Old 2019-03-27, 04:48   Link #8454
Idealist 99

Quote:
“As it were”

Wasn't she stronger than Ariel?
Old 2019-03-27, 05:27   Link #8455
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Wasn't she stronger than Ariel?
as that point of time, Kumoko was still much weaker than Ariel
Old 2019-03-27, 05:48   Link #8456
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
wait, how did she died in LN10? D or Kuro?
To quote what I'd previously wrote on LN10:
Quote:
In LN10, until the scene at the end, Shiro is mostly referring to herself as a "god (LOL)" because her powers are still quite weak. She's actually weaker than Ariel still in pure combat strength. She has good control over space / dimension magic already though. She is able to create "clones" using her threads for the body though initially they're very weak, though good enough for mass spying (knowledge is power!). By the end of the volume Shiro reckons her clones are good enough to spy on the elves. Evil Eye series has been recreated too (she'd somewhat mastered Floroscopy in the previous volume).

She actually "dies" once in the book. During the rebellion attempt, when Shiro finds out the elves were involved she figures that a teleportation ring was setup and decides to attack them in reverse by going through it and Potimas is there - Shiro immediately punches him (as seen in the colour images) but is mostly screwed still once he activates his anti-magic field. She is able to cause some damage by dropping a meteor but her body "dies" and Potimas actually thinks he's killed Shiro. But of course she simply did her soul transfer trick again. It takes her a few days to fully revive her body to full strength though.
Old 2019-03-27, 05:51   Link #8457
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
To quote what I'd previously wrote on LN10:
so she basically kill herself then
Old 2019-03-27, 06:01   Link #8458
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
so she basically kill herself then
Yeah, it ended up being a suicide attack basically. She's very casual about it - oh well, time to abandon this body.

Note that by default her physical body is super weak (ie weaker than a normal human), despite being a god. Having lots of energy makes one a god rather than raw physical power or similar.
Old 2019-03-27, 06:11   Link #8459
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Yeah, it ended up being a suicide attack basically. She's very casual about it - oh well, time to abandon this body.

Note that by default her physical body is super weak (ie weaker than a normal human), despite being a god. Having lots of energy makes one a god rather than raw physical power or similar.
iirc in the wn her strength was quite high though
Old 2019-03-27, 06:41   Link #8460
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
iirc in the wn her strength was quite high though
Only by using magecraft. In the WN she can do all that instinctively right from the moment she wakes up as a god but in the LN she's having to figure out how to replicate that bit by bit.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation