^ that is one too OP combo, pls nerf
Old 2019-03-26, 09:47   Link #1842
mickbis

Crossover of cuntury !?
didn't expect that at all
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 07:58   Link #1843
Idealist 99

I heard that Rimuru in LN is weaker than his WN version, how much nerfed did Rimuru gotten in LN?
Old 2019-03-27, 20:49   Link #1844
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I heard that Rimuru in LN is weaker than his WN version, how much nerfed did Rimuru gotten in LN?
I didn't read the LN past vol. 4, but from what I understood Rimuru himself is not weaker (though a lot of others are stronger than their WN counter-parts) - it's just that he actually participates in fights himself after his rematch with Hinata in the LN version.

In the WN he had the Hinata rematch and then the next fight was already his battle against two True Dragons during which he had a massive power-up and already was at the peak of his Demon Lord form. So while Raphael upgraded Rimuru all the time, he didn't really have any battles to fight in his Demon Lord form and before we knew it he already reached the "Pseudo True Dragon form". But Rimuru in LN appearently has several fights in-between these events (the latter which according to spoilers will likely only be in vol. 15, if at all) from what I heard.
Old 2019-03-28, 10:55   Link #1845
LROlsson

I'm in the middle of reading Vol 14, but poor Phobio...

Spoilers

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 13:54   Link #1846
l Chaos I

^ Phobio and Alvis? What are they doing in Tempest? I know Carrion isn't a Demon Lord anymore and Milim destroyed the Beast Nation, but I always wondered what happened to Phobio and Co. Did they join Tempest further boosting Rimuru's War Potential?
l Chaos I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 14:13   Link #1847
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Chaos I View Post
^ Phobio and Alvis? What are they doing in Tempest? I know Carrion isn't a Demon Lord anymore and Milim destroyed the Beast Nation, but I always wondered what happened to Phobio and Co. Did they join Tempest further boosting Rimuru's War Potential?
Alvis came to aid Tempest against the invasion(although her true intention is to try to impress Benimaru), and Phobio was there in case Tempest needed more aid.
If they couldn't contact through any normal methods, Phobio would run to get more help.
But since everything went so smoothly for Tempest, they were just hanging around for the moment.
Old 2019-03-28, 14:46   Link #1848
l Chaos I

^ That's nice to see side characters return in the LN. I do feel sorry for Phobio though. Never would have imagined Alvis would want to marry Benimaru though.
Old 2019-03-28, 15:04   Link #1849
LROlsson

You know, I never expected Adalman's dragon to turn into a girl. I guess it's one thing I never got spoiled about.
Images
Old 2019-03-28, 19:10   Link #1850
mickbis

Yeah, it heavy imply that Undead Dragon is a she in WN
and got named Wenti or something so I totally expect this
Old 2019-03-28, 20:37   Link #1851
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
I'm in the middle of reading Vol 14, but poor Phobio...

Spoilers

Benimaru is the harem protagonist of the series

and damn poor Phobio, but does he have any feeling for Alvis? Or he just went along with it just because

and here I was thinkin Benimaru, Momiji & Alvis’s rewards for their effort in the war would be Rimuru giving them permission and blessing for their marriage
Old 2019-03-28, 21:44   Link #1852
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Benimaru is the harem protagonist of the series
Nah, but you just reminded me how TenSura, or rather Fuse, slyly uses various protagonists for the main characters of this series, not just the main protagonist.

Rimuru: Isekai Protagonist
Benimaru: Eroge Protagonist
Souei: Stealth-Action Protagonist
Gobta: Shounen Protagonist
Shizu: Greek Hero Myth Protagonist
Masayuki: Ecchi-Harem Protagonist
Chloe: Timetravel Sci-Fi Protagonist
Leon: Dark Fantasy Protagonist

Well something like that.
Old 2019-03-29, 05:05   Link #1853
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
and damn poor Phobio, but does he have any feeling for Alvis? Or he just went along with it just because
Yeah he did. At least he might get a chance with Gobua who got heartbroken with Benimaru getting married. Those two were licking each others wounds, so to speak.

For something else, a vote over your favorite demon was held. And of course good old Diablo won. You could say the Rimuru side won quite big over all.
http://micromagazine.net/gcn/slime/primordial-vote/

I'm done reading Vol.14.
Tempest lost this time.
Spoilers

Last edited by LKK; 2019-03-29 at 09:20. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
Old 2019-03-29, 05:29   Link #1854
l Chaos I

^ I'm actually pleased to hear that Tempest actually "lost" this time in comparison to the WN. A few things don't make sense though. By unleashing his power, does that mean Rimuru didn't promote his patrons as 'food chain' allowed him to face the empire after Veldora was taken.

So in place of Guy Crimson, beating Testarossa, Ultima and Carrera in the WN. Velgrynd beat them instead into submission but were they awakened demon lords at the time? Also what is Laplace doing there? Have the moderate clown troupe already been inducted into Rimuru's ranks?
Old 2019-03-29, 05:52   Link #1855
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Chaos I View Post
^ I'm actually pleased to hear that Tempest actually "lost" this time in comparison to the WN. A few things don't make sense though. By unleashing his power, does that mean Rimuru didn't promote his patrons as 'food chain' allowed him to face the empire after Veldora was taken.

So in place of Guy Crimson, beating Testarossa, Ultima and Carrera in the WN. Velgrynd beat them instead into submission but were they awakened demon lords at the time? Also what is Laplace doing there? Have the moderate clown troupe already been inducted into Rimuru's ranks?
Rimuru evolved most of his men, but he event done it with Testarossa, Ultima and Carrera yet. He didn't have enough souls for them yet at that time, and not everyone he evolved have awoken yet from their Harvest Festival.
And the unleashing is more of a mental block Rimuru has, he doesn't give a damn anymore about the consequences now that since he is pissed.

Basically, Yuuki had his men in 2 groups. One was in the imperial Capital and the other in Dwargon's east. Yuuki and Rimuru has an alliance, so Laplace came as a messenger to set up a meeting between Yuuki and Rimuru.
But it was then when Laplace was in Tempest to talk with Rimuru that Damrada and Tatsuya made their move in the capital against Yuuki, and later afterwards Velgrynd and mind controlled Kagari went to hit at the group near Dwargon's east.

Rimuru sends Testarossa, Carrera and Ultima to go after Velgrynd and Kagari to support Dwargon's army while having Laplace teleport a group of six people(Rimuru, Benimaru, Shion, Souei, Diablo and Laplace) to the imperial capital.
However, the capital was a trap. There Rimuru had a talk with Rudra while yet another Velgrynd appeared in Tempest to take down Veldora.
After the empire took Veldora, Rudra lost interest in Rimuru and teleported away, and the book ends with Rimuru being pissed of.
Old 2019-03-29, 06:25   Link #1856
l Chaos I

^ Alliance between Yuuki and Rimuru!

Now I am even more hyped to see what other changes will appear in the LN. I am now wondering if Yuuki is still going to be the final boss as while Yuuki and Kagari might be playing along with Rudra. I could have sworn reading somewhere that the author may actually change the final boss.

Looking forward to angry unrestrained Rimuru in LN 15.
Old 2019-03-29, 07:08   Link #1857
LROlsson

I don't think Kagari is playing along, but there some things that points that Yuuki could be. But if he does, it would just be a repeat about what he did with Mariabell.

On other thing, I just love this exchange between Rimuru and Benimaru.
Spoilers

Old 2019-03-29, 07:21   Link #1858
l Chaos I

^ That is funny and thanks to Wisdom King Raphael and later Ciel-sensei, Rimuru will never be able to indulge in sexual desires. That was a nice addition that Demon Lords can lose basic desires such as eating or sleeping.
Old 2019-03-29, 07:39   Link #1859
mickbis

Damn this is way more epic...
Rimuru got played so bad that the situation look extremely unfavorable for Demon side
next volume would be the battle against two true dragon and emperor huh?

but with this Testarossa Carera Ultima would endup evolved
and we will see a true terror of black corp for real
Old 2019-03-29, 07:47   Link #1860
tsunade666

ugh, its a good thing they "lost" I always felt that the web novel lacks tension and even in the manga, the threat of death isn't present. Its more of political pressure than life and death situation. That is one of the thing I didn't like about this series. It lacks seriousness for me.

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation