AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-03-31, 16:19   Link #2101
WingedAccelerator

A lot of reddit users hate her, because she said that she has no feelings for Nariyuki early in the manga, when Nariyuki directly asked her. Lying about your feelings, denying your feelings, having absolutely no idea about your feelings... Romcom staples, yet Uruka is the enemy most of the time. It's kinda boring.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 21:37   Link #2102
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
What's up with the "Sensei stole the chapter" comments? Are we truly reached peak level with the Uruka hate boner? Reminds me of Chapter 90, where the same thing was said for Fumino, just because she eyed up Nariyuki in the beginning.
I don't sense any Uruka hate from the comments. Maybe you're just imagining it.

Quote:
A lot of reddit users hate her, because she said that she has no feelings for Nariyuki early in the manga, when Nariyuki directly asked her. Lying about your feelings, denying your feelings, having absolutely no idea about your feelings... Romcom staples, yet Uruka is the enemy most of the time. It's kinda boring.
Ah. That explains it then. You're just projecting the Reddit hate into this forum.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 12:24   Link #2103
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^nope. It's not imagination. Fumino fans in particular are worried because they consider Uruka as a threat and constantly try to downplay her achievements. It's the same in MAL as well.
Old 2019-04-01, 12:58   Link #2104
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Not all Fumino fans btw. I don't downplay Uruka's achievements, but I am of the opinion that she's sinking her own ship (well, that was my opinion anyway. This chapter was used to remind us that she isn't exactly out of the running yet).

Do I consider her a threat? Absolutely. She's easily the biggest threat to Fumi. Sensei may be best girl, but I never truly considered her a threat given her position in the story.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-02, 23:05   Link #2105
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why would you say so?
Because once again they have a nice chapter that's ruined by something unnecessary. Now sensei's body is amazing but there was no need for naked sensei in here and it shows that the author doesn't know what they want.

Quote:
What's up with the "Sensei stole the chapter" comments? Are we truly reached peak level with the Uruka hate boner? Reminds me of Chapter 90, where the same thing was said for Fumino, just because she eyed up Nariyuki in the beginning.

It's not the Uruka hate but it was unnecessary to add sensei when they did. The lasting memory of the chapter is not going to be the progress between the two but the fact that they're showing her in his house with a towel on after she just had a multi chapter arc

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 00:25   Link #2106
Tenzen12

Well I agree it wasn't necessary, but I don't think it particularly hurt writing. Plus Mafuyu was always ms. fanservice
Old 2019-04-03, 00:28   Link #2107
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Everyone except Flatchest is Ms. Fanservice
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 01:19   Link #2108
Tenzen12

But Rizu and Mafuyu are THE Ms. Fanservice. Other just dabble into it in their free time.
Old 2019-04-03, 01:47   Link #2109
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Everyone except Flatchest is Ms. Fanservice
thats why i dont want Fumino to win
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 04:34   Link #2110
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well I agree it wasn't necessary, but I don't think it particularly hurt writing. Plus Mafuyu was always ms. fanservice
It was bad writing because you could easily start the chapter with Mafuyu like that because now what most of us are talking about is sensei.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 05:22   Link #2111
Tenzen12

And that's doesn't hurt anything. I as self-proclaimed n.1 Uruka promoter have no problem with amount attention she got. I would be happier if she got more, but people who doesn't care about her wouldn't bother anyway and it's good they have something else to talk about.
Old 2019-04-03, 10:52   Link #2112
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Honestly speaking, I've come to have that type of expectation towards Bokuben. Was the sensei fanservice unnecessary? Absolutely. However, that's just the kinda writer that Tsutsui is. He's shown that he doesn't know how to write a truly deep and meaningful story. Sure, we get dedicated arcs for each heroine and there are moments of brilliance littered throughout, but 70-80% of this manga is fluff and fanservice when we really think about it.

I don't invest too much into Bokuben because at the end of the day, it's quite generic and has almost no depth. That's not to say it's bad just because it's generic and shallow. On the contrary, I do enjoy it for the most part, but I mostly treat it as a light read/time killer.

Tl;Dr: getting mad at the random fanservice is kinda pointless tbh. This has been going on for a long time in this manga, so why should Tsutsui stop now?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-04-03, 11:16   Link #2113
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
thats why i dont want Fumino to win
Sadly Pechapai Black Hair usually wins
Old 2019-04-03, 11:17   Link #2114
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Honestly speaking, I've come to have that type of expectation towards Bokuben. Was the sensei fanservice unnecessary? Absolutely. However, that's just the kinda writer that Tsutsui is. He's shown that he doesn't know how to write a truly deep and meaningful story. Sure, we get dedicated arcs for each heroine and there are moments of brilliance littered throughout, but 70-80% of this manga is fluff and fanservice when we really think about it.

I don't invest too much into Bokuben because at the end of the day, it's quite generic and has almost no depth. That's not to say it's bad just because it's generic and shallow. On the contrary, I do enjoy it for the most part, but I mostly treat it as a light read/time killer.

Tl;Dr: getting mad at the random fanservice is kinda pointless tbh. This has been going on for a long time in this manga, so why should Tsutsui stop now?
To be honest I actually prefer Bokuben over 5-toubun due it's rather straightforward take on romance. When it come to depth I think Uruka, Mafuyu's and Yuiga arcs have quite edge over it as well.

Well I certainly agree that getting angry over random fanservice is pointless.
Old 2019-04-03, 11:29   Link #2115
Lex79

I too prefer Bokuben over Gotoubun. It's a fun light hearted comedy with a cast of likeable characters that almost always manages to make me laugh, things that I tend to really appreciate in romcoms.
Old 2019-04-03, 13:31   Link #2116
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I can also appreciate how lighthearted and straightforward Bokuben is as well. Sometimes, I just want to turn my brain off and read some manga where I can just take everything at face value. No need to play detective or put on my tin foil hat to decipher any hidden developments in the plot.

Not everything needs to have depth and underlying/hidden plot developments. Sometimes, generic and shallow may surprisingly be better. Bokuben knows what it is and wholly embraces it. The fanservice alone could attest to that.
Old 2019-04-03, 17:03   Link #2117
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

https://imgur.com/a/4VPg7wT >> illust. novel
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 17:19   Link #2118
Tenzen12

What kind of universe that is? Such things completely breaking suspension of disbelief!

Yes, there is no way Fumino actually got chest!
Old 2019-04-03, 18:44   Link #2119
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Oh, finally Fumino became Ms. Fanservice

Btw, I prefer Bokuben over 5-Toubun too
I mean, in 5-Toubun everyone has the same face, so uncreative!
Old 2019-04-03, 19:44   Link #2120
thefreakmike

Pfft you hate both since both of them wank the first girl trope to hard XD

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba