AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-05-06, 07:07   Link #9781
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Hey guys. Long time no see.

Caught up to the newest volumes now and there is a question in my mind that i think some of you might have thought of aswell.
Given that Ingvild and Vali are both descendants of Lucifer and Leviathan what if the other old Maou have descendants aswell that are half human ? It would be kind of ironic that one portion of the descendants refused to take back their "titles" and serve others that are "weaker" in the pure bloods' eyes.
Old 2019-05-06, 08:11   Link #9782
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post

Caught up to the newest volumes now and there is a question in my mind that i think some of you might have thought of aswell.
Given that Ingvild and Vali are both descendants of Lucifer and Leviathan what if the other old Maou have descendants aswell that are half human ? It would be kind of ironic that one portion of the descendants refused to take back their "titles" and serve others that are "weaker" in the pure bloods' eyes.
What are you saying exactly? You mean serving the current(and single) Maou who is Ajuka? How could Ajuka, a Super Devil, be viewed as weaker by pureblood devils?

There may be some more descendants but I doubt they would be if any significance.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 08:21   Link #9783
Sparda4
Dark Knight

"Weaker" devils such as Issei. Not specifically weaker but in the pure blood's eyes inferior is the more correct term.
Ingvild is serving Issei Vali in an exception since he serves himself but he is still "inferior" due to not being a pure blood Lucifer.
Old 2019-05-06, 13:36   Link #9784
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:

That's interesting I actually had a theory last year about the descendants of the Old Maou joining Issei's peerage. I could go look it up but the gist was The Old Maou Faction hated the new regime, for their descendants to serve pretty much the poster child of the new regime would be like a full circle kind of thing. I got a lot of push back on that for some reason but I thought and still think that would be cool.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-05-06 at 15:38.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 15:05   Link #9785
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
That's interesting I actually had a theory last year about the descendants of the Old Maou joining Issei's peerage. I could go look it up but the gist was The Old Maou Faction hated the new regime, for their descendants to serve pretty much the post child of the new regime would be like a full circle kind of thing. I got a lot of push back on that for some reason but I thought and still think that would be cool.
What reason would Ishibumi have for introducing any other descendants? And why would they join Issei's peerage? Ingvild joining his peerage was for a specific reason as Leviathan in some cases is seen as a dragon and she has a Longinus that can manipulate dragons. Not to mention that every Leviathan introduced in DxD has been a beautiful female so it makes sense a descendant of Leviathan like Ingvild would join his peerage. It really wouldn't make sense for Ishibumi to bring in any other descendants much less have them join Issei's peerage.
Old 2019-05-06, 15:37   Link #9786
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
What reason would Ishibumi have for introducing any other descendants? And why would they join Issei's peerage? Ingvild joining his peerage was for a specific reason as Leviathan in some cases is seen as a dragon and she has a Longinus that can manipulate dragons. Not to mention that every Leviathan introduced in DxD has been a beautiful female so it makes sense a descendant of Leviathan like Ingvild would join his peerage. It really wouldn't make sense for Ishibumi to bring in any other descendants much less have them join Issei's peerage.
Well if you read what I wrote I stated it quite clearly, and what your saying doesn't make much sense, there are plenty of reasons for Ishibumi to introduce other maou descendants their blood lines are kind of important if you haven't been paying attention and your saying if other descendants were introduced they can't be beautiful females either . Your comment is quite narrow minded
Old 2019-05-06, 20:09   Link #9787
Lucidrago

Quote:
Well if you read what I wrote I stated it quite clearly, and what your saying doesn't make much sense, there are plenty of reasons for Ishibumi to introduce other maou descendants their blood lines are kind of important if you haven't been paying attention and your saying if other descendants were introduced they can't be beautiful females either . Your comment is quite narrow minded
I never said any descendant of a Maou can't be a beautiful female. I just made a case that the other characters named Leviathan introduced in DxD(Serafall and Katarea) have been beautiful females and that it would be logical that another Leviathan introduced would also be a beautiful female and when you think of Issei's desire to have only beautiful females in his peerage, it makes sense. And does provide proper foreshadowing with Serafall and Katarea earlier in DxD.

Name a reason then. I just view it as very unlikely that Ishibumi would introduce another descendant.

Vali is a longstanding character who is Issei's rival and is supposed to be a direct contrast to Issei by being the descendant of the Maou Lucifer and even being born with the Longinus, Divine Dividing.

Shalba was the leader of the Old Maou Faction. And Katarea and Cruesery were also part of the Old Maou Faction. They were just to show how big a threat the Old Maou Faction and their ambitions were. They're all dead now.

Rizevim was the son of Lucifer and the leader of Qlippoth and a Super Devil. He was the main antagonist of the fourth arc and played a very major role. He's dead now.

Ingvild is a descendant of Leviathan and the possessor of the Longinus 'Nereid Kyrie' and is now Issei's queen. Looking up Leviathan, it would make sense that Issei would have a descendant of Leviathan in his peerage more than anything else.

Can you give me any legitimate reason Ishibumi may introduce another descendant of the original Maou to the story?
Old 2019-05-06, 22:19   Link #9788
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

No thank you I don't feel like getting drawn into another one of your long drawn out dumb discussions which are big wastes of time. I wasn't talking to you anyway I wanted Sparda4 opinion.
Old 2019-05-07, 00:04   Link #9789
Lucidrago

Quote:
No thank you I don't feel like getting drawn into another one of your long drawn out dumb discussions which are big wastes of time. I wasn't talking to you anyway I wanted Sparda4 opinion.
Well I replied to your comment that you addressed towards Sparda4 and you replied back to my reply therefore bringing me into the discussion.

All I said is give me a reason Ishibumi would introduce another descendant of the original Maou. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2019-05-07, 06:32   Link #9790
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Sparda4 if you thoughts on my theory I would be interested in your opinion.
Old 2019-05-07, 16:48   Link #9791
Kaiserneko

Hey guys new here and I have a question, if we assume issei's AxA form is him turning into a dragon, then what is ExE? Is this a new form or just a power boost? Why do I feel ExE will look like omnimon or susanoomon from Digimon? I know this sounds pretty stupid or lame, but what do you guys think?
Kaiserneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 03:10   Link #9792
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
Sparda4 if you thoughts on my theory I would be interested in your opinion.
I have a smilar line of thought. But all the other descendants being female and joining Issei's peerage i feel is a little much. But the having other descendants serving other powerful young devils would be interesting.
Sona and Sairaorg have unused pieces right ?

But honestly having Asmodeus and Belzebub acting independendently wouldn't be bad either. Like for example join forces with Vali.

Last edited by Sparda4; 2019-05-08 at 03:45.
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 06:47   Link #9793
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
I have a smilar line of thought. But all the other descendants being female and joining Issei's peerage i feel is a little much. But the having other descendants serving other powerful young devils would be interesting.
Sona and Sairaorg have unused pieces right ?

But honestly having Asmodeus and Belzebub acting independendently wouldn't be bad either. Like for example join forces with Vali.
I'm thinking they would join ExE. Sona has 3 pawn piece left and Sairaorg has 1 mutated pawn piece. So maybe the 1 mutated pawn piece would be enough. I don't think its much at all, it is a harem series Issei still working on his peerage so its not outside the realm of possibility. I'm not saying it is going to happen, but would it really be that shocking if it did happened? I just like to keep a open mind on things like that. All I know is if they are introduced the devil society would want them to be a part of it.
Old 2019-05-08, 06:59   Link #9794
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
I'm thinking they would join ExE. Sona has 3 pawn piece left and Sairaorg has 1 mutated pawn piece. So maybe the 1 mutated pawn piece would be enough. I don't think its much at all, it is a harem series Issei still working on his peerage so its not outside the realm of possibility. I'm not saying it is going to happen, but would it really be that shocking if it did happened? I just like to keep a open mind on things like that. All I know is if they are introduced the devil society would want them to be a part of it.
Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that line of thought. But having 3 of the 4 original Yondai's descendants as Issei's harem members or part of the peerage in general i think is just overkill. Issei himself is overkill as is.
But having Belzebub and Asmodeus join forces with the current Lucifer descendant i think would say a VERY clear message to people like Zekram. That being "Your time is up, we are taking over the underworld" A revolution of sorts without the conflict bit. Or they could do a fight in the tournament i don't know. But i can see another civil war being a possibility if Asmodeus and Belzebub return with ambitions that go against the current old devils.
Old 2019-05-08, 07:36   Link #9795
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that line of thought. But having 3 of the 4 original Yondai's descendants as Issei's harem members or part of the peerage in general i think is just overkill. Issei himself is overkill as is.
But having Belzebub and Asmodeus join forces with the current Lucifer descendant i think would say a VERY clear message to people like Zekram. That being "Your time is up, we are taking over the underworld" A revolution of sorts without the conflict bit. Or they could do a fight in the tournament i don't know. But i can see another civil war being a possibility if Asmodeus and Belzebub return with ambitions that go against the current old devils.
How would it be overkill you mean in power or something else? Issei team is going to be strong regardless the opponents they fight are going to be stronger, so it balances itself out anyway. Just depends on how you want to get there. Now if they both are like Vali and Ingvild with the bloodline and Longinus then yeah I could see it but I see them being more human than devil.

That could be a plot point which is why I believe they will be introduced but you need all four though. Also I think you should give Zekram more credit he never really opposed the new generation. Unlike the Old Maou Faction he never was openly hostile towards the new generation. He's just one of the original devils and that holds a lot of weight and power. Something would have to go super left for a civil war to take place, especially considering the invasion that's coming. I think there is a better chance of them being become Maous themselves in the new 7 Maou system.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-05-08 at 07:55.
Old 2019-05-08, 08:04   Link #9796
Lucidrago

Quote:
But doesn't that just support what Zekram is doing though? As the Underworld is built on bloodlines and heritage and that's mainly the conflict between the Bael faction and the Maou Faction is that the Bael Faction supports how things have been done for years which is the supremacy of the 'real' devils which are the devils listed in the texts and their pureblood descendants.

And while the descendants of the original Maou taking positions as Maou would decrease the influence of the House of Bael because due to the way the Underworld is which is built on heritage and bloodlines so the descendants of the original Maou would be fully recognized as the true rulers of the Underworld if they decided to become Maou due to their legitimacy of being the descendants of the original Maou.

But that most likely won't happen as Ishibumi has been steering the story in a way that is moving away from a hierarchical Underworld and more towards one based on merit where any devil regardless of birth or Stan ding will be able to achieve their dreams. And the descendants of the original Maou becoming Maou contradicts that.

@TheWu8128 To join ExE they would need to have the potential to become Super Devils. As to be a member of ExE, you would need to have the power to kill a god if necessary.
Old 2019-05-08, 08:06   Link #9797
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
But doesn't that just support what Zekram is doing though? As the Underworld is built on bloodlines and heritage and that's mainly the conflict between the Bael faction and the Maou Faction is that the Bael Faction supports how things have been done for years which is the supremacy of the 'real' devils which are the devils listed in the texts and their pureblood descendants.

And while the descendants of the original Maou taking positions as Maou would decrease the influence of the House of Bael because due to the way the Underworld is which is built on heritage and bloodlines so the descendants of the original Maou would be fully recognized as the true rulers of the Underworld if they decided to become Maou due to their legitimacy of being the descendants of the original Maou.

But that most likely won't happen as Ishibumi has been steering the story in a way that is moving away from a hierarchical Underworld and more towards one based on merit where any devil regardless of birth or Stan ding will be able to achieve their dreams. And the descendants of the original Maou becoming Maou contradicts that.

@TheWu8128 To join ExE they would need to have the potential to become Super Devils. As to be a member of ExE, you would need to have the power to kill a god if necessary.
When was it stated those were the requirements to join ExE? Don't remember that being stated?
Old 2019-05-08, 08:33   Link #9798
fan

@TheWu8128 ExE is going to be made up of only longinus users. Azazel wants issei to bring them together
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 08:40   Link #9799
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@fan Issei was tasked with gathering the Longinus users together but nothing about them joining ExE.
Old 2019-05-08, 08:46   Link #9800
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Ok so you guys are going with headcannon. Because they never said who will make up ExE just they wanted Issei as a intelligence officer. You guys should stop just making up stuff you can easily fact check yourselfs