Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-01, 13:16   Link #121
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^
.................................................. .
According to your logic all non-documentary are Looney Tunes
Oversimplifying at its worst.

Quote:
If the association finds out that King is a fake, his rank will be removed
Association respects hero's privacy
This doesn't violate any "logic", the association just not know the fact yet
In a logical story, that mistake shouldn't happen in the first place.

Quote:
Example
You love your wife
-In reality your wife slept with all men in the neighborhood, you just don't know it
Thus you still love your wife (as Association still treats King as Rank S)
Bad comparison. In King's case, it's like CIA appointing its agents without doing a thorough background check and physical tests. It shouldn't happen and logically won't happen.
Old 2019-05-01, 15:01   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I wouldn't compare the Hero Association to the CIA. The Hero Association are clearly just some corporate bigwigs slash politicians looking to profit off of super heroes. They're not exactly the pinnacle of competence.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 17:11   Link #123
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
King doesn't even have any powers.
Actually he does have one, maybe two unique powers. He was a monster-magnet before he became a Hero and he's also a Saitama-magnet too. When he's pissing his pants and about to get slaughtered Caped Baldy appears, one-punches the monster and then wanders off again. It's happened so often, with King claiming the credit for the monster kills (or at least not denying he did it) that he rose to S class.
Old 2019-05-01, 18:37   Link #124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's really unfortunate if true, because OPM is often at its lowest when it tries to be serious (not to be confused with Saitama being serious in fight). Look at Mumen Rider, he's a waste of time now after the encounter with DSK. The subplot where Saitama went The Dark Knight-route against the idiotic tank top dudes in S1 is rather tired. The internal conflicts within the hero organization is half-baked. And Genos' revenge mission is bog standard so far. All in all, the serious stuffs in the show is nothing special. The comedy, parody & satire is why I'm still watching the show. Even the lighthearted moment between Garo & the kid is more engaging than all the serious stuffs with the hero association.
That's just my take on things. Perhaps others feel differently about this arc. Given what you're saying though, I think you're going to be disappointed.
Old 2019-05-01, 19:03   Link #125
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I wouldn't compare the Hero Association to the CIA. The Hero Association are clearly just some corporate bigwigs slash politicians looking to profit off of super heroes. They're not exactly the pinnacle of competence.
What he said

Also Association has no binding power at all
Heroes can quit whenever they want and they can refuse any job they don't want to do
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 20:11   Link #126
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Actually he does have one, maybe two unique powers. He was a monster-magnet before he became a Hero and he's also a Saitama-magnet too. When he's pissing his pants and about to get slaughtered Caped Baldy appears, one-punches the monster and then wanders off again. It's happened so often, with King claiming the credit for the monster kills (or at least not denying he did it) that he rose to S class.
The speculation that I read was that he has obscene luck powers. The monster magnet part is luck of opportunity. His power also grants him luck of survival (ie: Saitama as a fail-safe), which almost always kicks in because he's a terrible coward and doesn't want to fight the monsters.

From that perspective he certainly deserves his S class ranking, even if not for the reasons that everyone around him thinks.

Personal speculation: King is obscenely good at video games. They're his obsession. So many powers in the show are, "I got these powers due to something I obsessed over for a long time." I suspect that if he actually fought the monsters that were being drawn to him (ie: random encounters), he'd start leveling up his actual combat power at a comparable pace. If I were to stretch the speculation further, this world-ending prophecy sounds like the final boss battle that King should have been leveling up to the point of facing off against.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-01, 20:30   Link #127
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Reading the speculation above is actually kinda entertaining.

Still, the whole King misunderstanding feels like something out of Johnny English movie so far. Flimsy logic that only function as a joke, punchline and comedic setup for future encounters.
Old 2019-05-02, 02:28   Link #128
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Metal Bat was very impressive, that toughness of his was something else.

Another thing I really like is the voice of Garou, it sounds amazing, such a great bad guy voice.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 03:38   Link #129
moridin84
Custom User Title

Compared to other S class heroes, Metal Bar isn't really that strong. On the other hand, it's amazing he's that strong just by being tough and swinging a bat.

If I remember correctly when the Hero Association asked him to become an S class hero to told them to "give him a bat that wouldn't break". So it's not like Excalibur or anything.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-02, 10:20   Link #130
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Compared to other S class heroes, Metal Bar isn't really that strong. On the other hand, it's amazing he's that strong just by being tough and swinging a bat.

If I remember correctly when the Hero Association asked him to become an S class hero to told them to "give him a bat that wouldn't break". So it's not like Excalibur or anything.
well actually he is really strong he is one of the strong heroes, his ran positio is more because him don't care about ranks than others being strong than him, his power is like what we saw, the more "pumped up he get the more strong he becomes, he is like hulk the more anger more strong then after the battle ends he go back to "normal levels" unlike garo wich is a sort of "sayan" which just keep getting strong and strong with each battle.

you gonna see how strong he is in the next episode if they proper focus on his battle against garo.
Old 2019-05-02, 13:46   Link #131
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Having fun so far. Still, I wonder what's the purpose of showing the martial arts tournament and Garo's fights at the same time.
Old 2019-05-07, 15:15   Link #132
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I know this is one slap man and we're not supposed to see too much action when Saitama fights weaklings, but I do hope we get to see more action in this martial arts tournament when we reach the top 5 fighters or so, that's with Garo included.

And since we're talking about Saitama here, by action I mean his opponent should land at least 1-2 hits before Hagemanteau knocks them out

Also, we finally get to see that lost child again, Fubuki's getting all the attention lately
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 16:23   Link #133
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

See? It's all just senseless fighting. Characters will just appear outta nowhere and fight, fight & fight. The subplot with all the monsters appearing is just "whatever", and the subplot with the MA tournament is clumsy & haphazard. Don't sweat the serious stuffs coz it's pretty much pointless aside from providing a setting for more fighting. Saitama & Garo is still my reason to stay.
Old 2019-05-07, 16:49   Link #134
GDB

Quote:
Saitama & Garo is still my reason to stay.
So they can senselessly fight? Seems odd that that'd be your main gripe with the show, and then look forward to it. Almost like you just want to see characters you like and handwave anyone else as not important.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 17:36   Link #135
Wandering Soul

It looks like Metal Bat's imouto is the best person suited to handle Garou. She's the only one that got him to walk away from a fight.

That final joke of Satiama ruining that dude's proposal only to for it to be revealed that she didn't even show up cracked me up.
Old 2019-05-07, 17:56   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
See? It's all just senseless fighting. Characters will just appear outta nowhere and fight, fight & fight. The subplot with all the monsters appearing is just "whatever", and the subplot with the MA tournament is clumsy & haphazard. Don't sweat the serious stuffs coz it's pretty much pointless aside from providing a setting for more fighting. Saitama & Garo is still my reason to stay.
I find it a bit odd that you complain about the fighting and you list Garou as one of your reasons to stay, when he's all about fighting.
Old 2019-05-07, 19:22   Link #137
James Rye

Damn, MB's lil sis killed MB. xD
She got a cute voice though, was a bit surprised by that. I don't get why people think that being a hero is an easier occupation than being a Martial Arts Fighter. Like come on, Max beating Ring Ring should have been expected. Now with the Monsters doing an all out attack the Hero system shows its lack as in not having enough heroes to deal with this shit. If they'd train instead of select heroes through some exam that means squat given Saitama got Level C despite being the strongest on earth then that system is flawed.
Old 2019-05-07, 20:07   Link #138
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so disappointing that we didn't get more of the tournament and instead got those short cuts of the monsters beating no name heroes. hopefully next week will show us more action.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-07, 21:44   Link #139
coded321
He Who Games

liked the action scenes, but damn, the animation/art quality can be inconsistent, constantly switching from pretty decent to poor.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 08:18   Link #140
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So they can senselessly fight? Seems odd that that'd be your main gripe with the show, and then look forward to it. Almost like you just want to see characters you like and handwave anyone else as not important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find it a bit odd that you complain about the fighting and you list Garou as one of your reasons to stay, when he's all about fighting.
Eh, both of you totally got me wrong. See my previous post in this thread:

Quote:
Okay, I guess I'll chime in.

Let me start this by saying that I'm not a super-fan of OPM S1 coz I think the joke of OPM's one-punching strong villains and the whole superhero parody thing already got old after episode 4 or 5. And the whole "superhero organization/association/management"-thing was already done better in Tiger & Bunny and, later on, MHA. So, the only things that made me stick with S1 was the battle-animation and Saitama's reaction to everything that happens around him as well as others' reaction towards him. I was never that invested in the story of S1. I just enjoyed some small tidbits here and there.

But now, in this S2, my interest is actually piqued by Garo. I mean, he's not really outstanding or anything so far, but he at least has some flair to him which I think was absent from villains in S1 since most of them are all about the brawns. I particularly like Garo's line about "heroes arrive late to the party while monsters/villains always come early". I hope there's more to him and he gets more screentime.
In short:

I like the fights in OPM.

I don't like the writing in OPM whenever it considers itself seriously because it's all flimsy & haphazard, but I like all the jokes & comedy whenever it goes for it.

Garo at least has more flair & personality compared to other villains in S1 & S2 so far. That's why I like him better than them and being one of the reasons I keep coming back.

Tags
action, super hero