AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-06, 12:58   Link #61
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Someone committing suicide because they got conned by you isn't the same thing as you murdering them, as bad as his actions were. His actual crime was marriage fraud. And no said the cat guy wasn't committing a crime, just that the crimes that the cat guy and those other people have committed so far, aren't exactly deserving of the death penalty.
Old 2019-05-06, 12:59   Link #62
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Yeah, they're more pervs or weirdos than serial killers. The kiss guy was just a serial womanizer, "filleting" was a metaphor for getting the girls naked and have sex, not killing them.

Also, among our heroes, one is a stalker, one has stolen a cat, and one is a straight up killer. They're not much better.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 14:30   Link #63
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, they're more pervs or weirdos than serial killers. The kiss guy was just a serial womanizer, "filleting" was a metaphor for getting the girls naked and have sex, not killing them.

Also, among our heroes, one is a stalker, one has stolen a cat, and one is a straight up killer. They're not much better.
And said cat stealer also had no problem with proposing kidnapping as if it was the normal thing to do for his situation. But, yeah our "heroes" being hardly any better then the kappa zombies is one of the things I like about the show.
Old 2019-05-06, 16:32   Link #64
Blueknight78

what the kiss guy did was still a crime and the only reason he not was arrested was because like all of then all the proofs disappear(since the duo normally are displayed holding pictures of then doing the evil things then was the duo which got the proofs for themselfs).
in japan and also in my country you can be arrested if your actions caused somoene death even if it not was your direct desire, it's called passive murderer, when you actions lead to someone death, like a car accident where you pass with a car over a person in streets by "accident" it's still a crime even if you don't wanted to do, the same goes for the suicide, if you did something which broken a person to the point of take your own life then is your fault even if the punishment is much more soft than if it was did on purpose.

and about the "slice" it was ambiguos what he wanted to means, you can have more interpretations and i've already saw peoples using various interpretations for that.

and i never told which the "heroes where good guys" for sure, the crossdress is almost a "psycho" he looks even worst than the other with the mafia brother, because the mafia brother at last somehow is able to recognize which his actions are good or bad while the crossdress goes almost total nuts without giving a shit to anything he for sure is the worst, the enta is just a creep perv obssessed gay dude.

for me so far from the 4 zombies the most "harmless" one was still the first one because all he wanted was just being naked when wearing a card boxe on his head, while it's nuts and creep at last he was not doing anything direct to anyone while the others 3 actually where doing things which are harmfull to others

the second - the cat guy was shaving cats to make a "cat cosplay"
the third was a womanizer which really don't give a crap over the girls and looks like he don't have any gulty or even sadness toward what happened with the other girl he fooled and lead to her death.
the fourth one - was a creep stalker which tried to use his girlfriend water bath to make "soba" this is not just only disgusting but also very dangerous for his customers to be "eating that soba"

all the others 3 did something which was affecting others peoples (or animals) direct rater tham only themselfs.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2019-05-06 at 16:43.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 18:34   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You're completely missing the point. Yes, they committed crimes, some worse than others, what we're saying is that they didn't deserve to be executed for them.
Old 2019-05-06, 19:12   Link #66
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're completely missing the point. Yes, they committed crimes, some worse than others, what we're saying is that they didn't deserve to be executed for them.
ok, i get it, but for me at last the kisu guy after see all his backstory could really deserve that "death" since his actions lead to at last one death and he don't see to feel any gulty over it, while the others not for me at last that guy was really asking for something really big to happen to him and being "erased" from existence at last for me was really what he needed, again only that guy, the others no, what the duo did to then was really to extreme but for that guy i'm really on the fence of that to say which "he don't deserve what happened with him.
Old 2019-05-09, 15:46   Link #67
Cao Ni Ma

Death is weird in Ikuhara shows. 9/10 times its metaphorical and not literal, even if the text of the show treats them like they are dead dead. Them saying something that the bonds were that weak when they disappear is pertinent because what if the bonds weren't that weak? Would the zombification and purification result in the person disappearing?

Anyways, todays episodes explains why Kazuki was so distant with his family. An episode equal parts existential crisis and comedy
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 18:12   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't believe Kazuki actually managed to fool all those people. Not that it changed anything in the end, as his true identity was unveiled. The talk he's ultimately going to have with his parents and Haruka is going to be very awkward. They seem like great parents incidentally, based on what we learned afterwards. They never blamed Kazuki for Haruka's accident, which I think is kind of the problem for him. He wanted someone to blame him. I wonder how his birth mother is related to the rest of his family. I got the impression she was the grandpa's mistress and he was therefore his father.
Old 2019-05-09, 18:42   Link #69
Blueknight78

we need more "sara", it's was a really fun episode, sara is the best escape magician assistant ever, i would love to have her more fore front, it was really funny see the guy trying to lock her to keep failing because she can become a little fro... ops i want to means kappa.

And finally they falied to capture the kappa and the "desire run out of the "butt of the mc" this time , this episode was really fun they cut the transformation sequence to be able to finally reveal kasuki big secret, which was really, really a issue with him, he really does looks like being screwed, he wanted peoples to be angry at him and not nice, because he really was feeling guilty for not being able to connect with his "fake family" after find which he was not really part of the family, he really loves haruka but it's more like he hate himself because he does blame himself for what happened to haruka and wanted to be hurt too.

and the zombie kappa on that episode was also really a crappy guy to be using that creatures to his experiments, this guy really diserved to have his existence erased he was really a scum.

finally we start to see the "police duo" motivations and looks like it's something to the glasses guy, like he is dying and they are doing that to avoid it or something like that.

Man this episode was really strong.
Old 2019-05-13, 13:58   Link #70
Cloudedmind

So, it was true, Kazuki's hate for Haruka was really just a mask for his own self-hate/guilt. He blames himself, and is annoyed that the others don't as well. He wants to connect with Haruka, but doesn't feel worthy, one because they're not biologically related, and then because of Haruka's accident.

And then there's the police officers. We got a vague look into the relationship. One of them seems emotionally detached, while the other may be harboring feelings...hmmm.
Old 2019-05-13, 18:51   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
And then there's the police officers. We got a vague look into the relationship. One of them seems emotionally detached, while the other may be harboring feelings...hmmm.
They talked about Mabu undergoing maintenance and in the Utena sequence, Reo pulls a mechanical heart out of him, so he's probably a robot/cyborg.
Old 2019-05-14, 00:16   Link #72
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
I have taken a liking on one of theories that's floating around the net.
That the dead Mabu is kept alive by the technology from the Otter Empire, in which is fueled by desire.
But the tragedy is that Leo is unable to provide any desire to Mabu; what Leo is offering is true love.
So Leo has no choice but to join the Otter Empire so he can use the kappa zombies to collect the desires to keep Mabu alive.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-16, 15:49   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

An episode without recycled sequences!!

I was wondering what happened to people who have love rather than desires, and it turns out the otters kill them anyway. I really thought Kazuki was going to sacrifice himself and we'd get a cliché episode showing us his family was worse off without him but they subverted my expectations. Haruka and Kazuki ended up saving each other.

Curious to see how Kazuki will act from now on, and how he'll deal with Enta's feelings which he's been ignoring until now.

We found out more about otters vs kappas too.
Old 2019-05-17, 00:18   Link #74
Cloudedmind

Had to watch that after credits scene twice. Hmm, so is the show hinting that the cops may have actually been a part of the Kappa Kingdom? Their clothes looked similar in style to who I assume may have been Keppi in human form. A black thing also exited it's chest, and it kind of looked a bit like a kappa zombie.

Either way did Reo decide to work with the Otter Empire to bring Mabu back? He either died or got severely hurt, and we know Reo's been going in for "maintenance".

It was also nice to see Kazuki "connect" with Haruka, hopefully their relationship gets better from here.

Also, forgot to mention this from last episode, but is Sara a kappa? Whatever she can turn into looks kind of similar to Keppi. I originally thought her, and that thing were separate, but maybe not. So, other then bringing us our selfie dish for the day how is she related to all of this.

So many questions, lets see where the show takes us.
Old 2019-05-17, 01:37   Link #75
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Had to watch that after credits scene twice. Hmm, so is the show hinting that the cops may have actually been a part of the Kappa Kingdom? Their clothes looked similar in style to who I assume may have been Keppi in human form. A black thing also exited it's chest, and it kind of looked a bit like a kappa zombie.
That black thing is most likely Black Keppi.
I mean, we the Black Keppi System in this episode too.

What's important about the after credit scene is the building we see.
That building is Ryuunkaku, it means that scene occurs before 1923, if not on the very day of September 1, 1923
Old 2019-05-17, 10:39   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Also, forgot to mention this from last episode, but is Sara a kappa? Whatever she can turn into looks kind of similar to Keppi. I originally thought her, and that thing were separate, but maybe not. So, other then bringing us our selfie dish for the day how is she related to all of this.
She looks almost exactly like Keppi, so yes, it's very safe to assume she's a kappa. And she has a plushie of her kappa form.
Old 2019-05-17, 12:04   Link #77
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

That building is Ryuunkaku, it means that scene occurs before 1923, if not on the very day of September 1, 1923
Didn't know that was a real Japanese building. So, yes that's interesting. I've forgotten, but did Keppi explain that the Kappa Kingdom is in a different realm/plane then the human world? If so then that would mean in our world the building was heavy damaged by the Great Kanto Earthquake, but in their world it was by a giant Otter. This may have nothing to do with anything, but perhaps what was going on in the Kappa Kingdom is what caused the earthquake in the human realm, or at least that's what the show may be suggesting.
Old 2019-05-17, 13:26   Link #78
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

Dont try to assign time to this. That scene happens after after the manga and the manga is potrayed in modern times.
Old 2019-05-17, 13:55   Link #79
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Dont try to assign time to this. That scene happens after after the manga and the manga is potrayed in modern times.
Geographical signs is always important on figuring out the "when" of this show.
It is because of those signs and the leap year that we are able to pin down the year of the tweets most likely occurred on 2008

Ryuunkaku (which no longer existed post 1928) is the only indication of "when" so far. The city also looks 20s during that scene. (The cops are also in uniform back in the 00s)

And it seems Ikuhara is implying something more with Ryuunkaku.
Ryuunkaku is the answer to last week's quiz.
Mabu's first tweet has the same opening date and month as Ryuunkaku, etc. etc.

Last edited by shmaster; 2019-05-17 at 14:30.
Old 2019-05-17, 14:54   Link #80
Cao Ni Ma

I'm saying that the "when" of the kappa world and the real world aren't consistent with each other. Mabu/Reo in the manga are presented in modern times and yet that scene with the Kappa Prince and Mabu being mortally wounded MUST have happened after the events of the manga because we are being lead to believe that this is the reason why Mabu is fucked up in the present day

Ikuhara adds a lot of completely irrelevant visuals queues to his stories just because they are fun or in-jokes. In wouldn't surprise me, since this show is taking place in Asakusa, that he's just adding some visual imagery from its past given the emphasis the show has with old and new.