Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-27, 09:26   Link #401
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Meanwhile, wasn't the friend Mana was talking to about yokai the girl who went to forever-childhood land with the tasty mud pies? Nice that Mana has a human friend she can tell about this stuff now.
Yes, that was Miyabi.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 01:05   Link #402
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

"Despite all she says, she's still concerned about Rat Man."
"She probably just wants to hunt him."

Meanwhile, I love the bit where Sand Witch is mega-loaded.

Miyabi is back again next week!
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 07:12   Link #403
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

lol, Kitaro makes a good trap.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 07:40   Link #404
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How did he get so tall?
Old 2019-06-03, 01:07   Link #405
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Since Kitarou's VA used her female voice this episode to play the (technically) same character, come to think of it, at one time, she went on leave and everyone was wondering if they will replace Kitarou's VA.
But his voice never changed.

Huh, I guess they dubbed a lot of episodes beforehand.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-03, 06:25   Link #406
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Current episodes still carry a 2018 copyright date. Has made me wonder whether they had a lot of episodes already in the can when Sawashiro supposedly took her time off.
Old 2019-06-08, 22:27   Link #407
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, that was genuinely scary.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-06-08, 22:32   Link #408
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Current episodes still carry a 2018 copyright date. Has made me wonder whether they had a lot of episodes already in the can when Sawashiro supposedly took her time off.
Some object in today's episode had a 2019 date, though the billboard at the end on CR still shows a 2018 copyright. Maybe they copyrighted the whole series as a single entity up front rather than dealing with episodes. I haven't really looked at copyright dates on shows that turn over at the end of the year, so maybe this is a common practice, and I've just never noticed before.

In any event I think it has no relationship to Sawashiro.
Old 2019-06-08, 23:56   Link #409
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
How did he get so tall?
I think Kitaro used the torture device known as the rack. <joseph joestar>you are thinking "That is inhumane" but so is Kitaro, he returned to normal in no time

About the latest episode, this was the second time (the prior was the one-joke comedian) Kitaro lets a Yokai harm a human, or maybe there are other examples and I forgot.

This episode Mana was in clear and present danger but didn't attempt to use her exorcising power, either she is traumatized and will no longer use it or she MUST be very traumatized to use it in the first place.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-09, 01:13   Link #410
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
this was the second time (the prior was the one-joke comedian) Kitaro lets a Yokai harm a human, or maybe there are other examples and I forgot.
It's been a fairly consistent theme that Kitaro can't save humans from themselves. Each time he's failed to save a human, it's because the human was warned not to cross a yokai and then did it anyway.

Mana may not have used any exorcism powers, but she was pretty boss diving into the cactus like that.
Old 2019-06-09, 01:22   Link #411
akumaten

Spoiler for Moral of Episode 59:
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-09, 05:54   Link #412
AntonKutovoi

That scumbag definetely got what he deserved.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 22:22   Link #413
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep60:

Old 2019-06-16, 07:39   Link #414
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Neko-musume was drawn in a more sinister style in this episode.

Her face was consistently shadowed and her features more angular and stern. Other than different groups of animators working on different episodes, it's hard to see why.
Old 2019-06-16, 23:18   Link #415
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep60:
I agree, when they were in the car the father should have been the one scolding the harassing kids.

I understand that the premise of the story was "when you defend the ones dear to you, then you can become stronger" but what we got was "when under pressure, do not think and act irresponsibly". Kitaro had already defeated buru buru once with his needle hair and on top of that he could also use chanchanko to immobilize buru buru; whose invisibility was worthless to his john lennon glasses. The sensible thing at the end of the episode would have been to scold the kid for needlessly endanger his own life, that is the kind of behavior you would expect from the guy trying to impress his love interest.

In this kind of weak plot episodes I would expect some eye candy, but neko musume was drawn ugly, kitaro did not perform anything out of the ordinary and nezumi otoko did not received a well deserved spanking for helping the bad guy. The only way I can see this is that whoever wrote this is NOT a fan of the series and did the script in autopilot.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 01:07   Link #416
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Well, that was a surprise! I went into this episode with a sense of dread, thinking I could never like something with the title, "Tofu-Kozu's Mold Pandemic." But what do you know? I think that's my favorite episode since Neko-Musume returned.

A Rilke-reading idol? I bet there aren't too many of those. But it's an inspired choice. Rilke's poem "God Speaks to Each of Us" kind of fits the theme of the story.
Old 2019-06-23, 06:35   Link #417
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The idea of a yokai that does nothing but carry tofu seemed so weird I needed to look it up. The origins of Tofu-Kozo are clouded, but he appears to date back to the Edo period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%8Dfu-koz%C5%8D

Some of the legends about Tofu-Kozo are illustrated in this episode.

Quote:
In literature from the Showa and Heisei eras and beyond, it is frequently written that they would appear on rainy nights, and recommend the relish of tōfu to people passing by, but halfway into eating it a mold would grow. However, according to the yōkai researchers Natsuhiko Kyogoku and Bintarō Yamaguchi, this theory was created after the Showa era in books for children.
Also this:

Quote:
On the Mizuki Shigeru Road in Sakaiminato, Tottori Prefecture, the hometown of the yōkai painter and manga artist Shigeru Mizuki, next to the restaurant "Tōfuya (東府屋)," there is a statue of a tōfu-kozō based on one of Mizuki's illustrations.
There is a lot of statuary on that road. Took me awhile to find tofu-kozo:

Whoever designed this mascot version of Neko-musume deserves to have his or her eyes scratched out.

Also in another picture you'll see that Kitarou's mascot is considerably taller than Neko-musume's. Umm, no. Just no.

All that said, I'm happy it appears we are returning to the four-generals story next episode.
Old 2019-06-23, 07:05   Link #418
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

She was pretty much smaller than Kitarou in every version up until this one, wasn't she?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-23, 07:52   Link #419
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't know. I've only watched this and Hakaba Kitarou where she is also considerably taller.

Spoiler:
Old 2019-06-23, 09:10   Link #420
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Arrow

The last two versions have been the outliers. Historically she’s been a much younger-looking character design.

https://images.app.goo.gl/67LBkimnDho1d2zdA
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old anime, remake