Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-15, 19:15   Link #221
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The Deep Sea King was only Demon, right? Yet Genos and Puri-Puri Prisoner both had problems with him. So some Demon ranked monsters are beyond some S-class heroes.

Dragon level enemies either require multiple S-class heroes or one of the stronger ones, like Tatsumaki.

Although the ranking system is pretty vague.
Well yeah, when you consider that the strongest by far is B-class and the organization seems fine to wallow in ignorance/indifference about it.

I think Suiryu is probably high A-class myself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 23:04   Link #222
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
You know, I don't remember this "beat a Demon solo" requirement. When was that mentioned?
OPM volume 15 extra chapter "Disaster Levels"

Explains disaster levels. Against a Demon, the HA either sends a team of 10 A-class or 1 S-class. Wolf is 3 C-class or 1 B-class and Tiger is 5 B-class or 1 A-class.
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-16, 01:18   Link #223
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

King's speech is really good.. talking like a real hero as expected from S-class

Garo got 1-hit again.. he is going to eat that monster cell soon

and poor Sonic for that diarrhea
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-16, 02:08   Link #224
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well yeah, when you consider that the strongest by far is B-class and the organization seems fine to wallow in ignorance/indifference about it.

I think Suiryu is probably high A-class myself.
There is a constant myth that Saitama is being neglected in the Hero Organisation.

That is absolutely not true.

How many days did you think had passed since he joined the organisation? Saitama got two performance reviews so far, and he got promoted both times. The review is deemed to be monthly from outside info. Saitama is flying through the corporate ladder by every metric. Getting promoted every month is insane. And at this rate he would be S class in two more months at the latest.

That means he would join the top of the organisation, starting from the bottom, after 4 months. How is that suppose to prove he was being neglected?
Old 2019-06-16, 02:54   Link #225
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is a constant myth that Saitama is being neglected in the Hero Organisation.

How many days did you think had passed since he joined the organisation? Saitama got two performance reviews so far, and he got promoted both times. The review is deemed to be monthly from outside info. Saitama is flying through the corporate ladder by every metric. Getting promoted every month is insane. And at this rate he would be S class in two more months at the latest.

That means he would join the top of the organisation, starting from the bottom, after 4 months. How is that suppose to prove he was being neglected?
True. Saitama may not get deserved recognition mmediately, but his performance and the speed he climbs his rank so far are extremely fast, consistent and smooth.

But I think he would have got promoted faster he is actually reported every monster he slain directly to the HQ instead of letting the random bystander reporting for him.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-18, 16:46   Link #226
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Set-up episode mostly, though there was a bit of fighting at the end.

Genos saying he'll never lose again:
Old 2019-06-18, 17:34   Link #227
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

By this part of the story, I see ONE made fun of his own way of storytelling considering Saitama is becoming an extra and Garo seems to be returning to continue his journey of fighting the heroes.
Old 2019-06-18, 23:47   Link #228
Chosen_Hero

Wait... Was that Resurrection of F Gohan? What the hell is he doing in the Heroes Association?
Old 2019-06-25, 14:48   Link #229
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'd like to think Garo's hair turned red because he finally unlocked his super saiyan powers rather than the more reasonable explanation that it's his blood that dyed his hair and one of his eye red

EDIT: also whenever Garo's name is uttered I remember this other garo lol
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-25, 14:52   Link #230
GDB

It would definitely be fun, but that's definitely caused by his blood. They just didn't fully animate it. Like, they showed him wiping back his hair, but didn't have the color change as he did it, only in the scene immediately following it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-25, 17:01   Link #231
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It would definitely be fun, but that's definitely caused by his blood. They just didn't fully animate it. Like, they showed him wiping back his hair, but didn't have the color change as he did it, only in the scene immediately following it.
Wait, so the anime had to censor the blood loss from the manga? I mean, when Garo defeated the track suit hero, that scene was already too brutal so I wonder how it was originally. Then again, it kinda feels like too much plot armor if Garo can still keep fighting after all those wounds. Guess he might lose next episode.
Old 2019-06-25, 18:11   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Garou proved to be more of a hero than these guys in this episode. Death Gatling is particularly shitty.
Old 2019-06-25, 21:21   Link #233
Wandering Soul

I'll give Death Gatling shit for being too prideful to call an S rank hero and messing up a chance to potentially capture Garou, but he didn't have any real reason to believe Garou about a kid being in the shack.
Old 2019-07-02, 00:21   Link #234
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

It's not a myth. I just think the organization itself is so shitty at assessing people. The ranking system doesn't make sense at so many level as is proven time and time againe... and not just with when it comes to Saitama. Then again, I also have to consider these are normal people in charge of assessing strength from a position that they can define from their own limited perspective.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 09:18   Link #235
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It's not a myth. I just think the organization itself is so shitty at assessing people. The ranking system doesn't make sense at so many level as is proven time and time againe... and not just with when it comes to Saitama. Then again, I also have to consider these are normal people in charge of assessing strength from a position that they can define from their own limited perspective.
Your mistake is thinking the ranking system is about power levels.

In reality, only S class is about power. Every other class from A down is judged on how much good they do in the community. So Saitama is exactly where he should be, as someone who didn't try too hard to get noticed. He will end up in S class, but him not being their straight away is not due to any flaw in the system. Saitama is NOT a model humanbeing, that description goes to Mumen Rider. As such his promotions are steady and done under careful consideration. I don't see that as a bad thing.
Old 2019-07-02, 09:40   Link #236
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The reason people think Saitama is being neglected by the Hero Association is because most of the heroes don't realize his abilities (at least immediately), so they take that as the Association itself snubbing him.

Like Valiant pointed out, considering Saitama's utter lack of interest in properly reporting his deeds and his keeping a low profile, he's still getting promoted at a rapid speed.

Saitama could have been S-class right now if the other S-class heroes had noticed his power and advocated for him, but I don't think that's the fault of the ranking system.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 16:11   Link #237
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For some reason, I keep paying attention to the white color displayed when somebody punches another. It kind of feels like a way of saying "this is the best we have"?

Still, is there an episode next week? I mean, we never finished Garo's arc even though he kept we had flashbacks of his childhood once again.
Old 2019-07-02, 16:36   Link #238
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Your mistake is thinking the ranking system is about power levels.

In reality, only S class is about power. Every other class from A down is judged on how much good they do in the community. So Saitama is exactly where he should be, as someone who didn't try too hard to get noticed. He will end up in S class, but him not being their straight away is not due to any flaw in the system. Saitama is NOT a model humanbeing, that description goes to Mumen Rider. As such his promotions are steady and done under careful consideration. I don't see that as a bad thing.
But as you said, S class is about power, and he's got that in spades. So there is a flaw in the system that failed to measure the fact he should be in S class.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 16:54   Link #239
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So there is a flaw in the system that failed to measure the fact he should be in S class.
The problem, and its inherent in the actual story, is that no-one ever notices Saitama. He doesn't look like a hero, he's almost invisible. Remember Garo's charge to attack King who was speaking to Saitama at the time -- from Garo's POV the guy who punched him clean through a wall simply didn't exist.

Saitama's history is full of such incidents combined with the times when he defeats Kami-level threats like Boros but no-one's around to see him do it. When he actually does fight a really dangerous monster in plain view (like the Deep Sea King) the people who saw him do it start making excuses for why it wasn't that much because he's, well, Saitama.

Some heroes know how powerful he is -- Mumen Rider, Genos, King, maybe Silverfang and Bang now but no-one high up in the Hero Association would really listen to them even if they did speak up on his behalf because it's Saitama they're talking about.
Old 2019-07-02, 16:56   Link #240
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Still, is there an episode next week? I mean, we never finished Garo's arc even though he kept we had flashbacks of his childhood once again.
It's because this is maybe half but probably more like 1/3 of this entire arc, which actually hasn't even ended yet in manga form.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, super hero