AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-08, 12:22   Link #21
Irenesharda

Ugh...you can keep this. It's Exposition: The Series.

Every time this guy opens his mouth or his brain, it's just one exposition dump after another.

He's very boring, I honestly still don't know his name after watching him for an episode. And we had to spend an entire episode with this boring waste of space! The plot got a little interesting with the idea that someone was purposefully trying to kill him but then took a nosedive as I watched him undergo the world's most boring power-up sequence.

Did I mention this was boring?

No interesting characters, plot, or premise, no interesting dialogue. The pacing felt like it was going way too fast, and yet nothing happened despite that.

I thought this would be interesting based on the synopsis, but this has made a horrible first impression that has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to come back.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 13:35   Link #22
dark44

It is rushed like i expect it to be and only the ones who read the source well like the series
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 15:15   Link #23
myopius

This honestly felt like the worst adaptation of an isekai anime I've ever watched.

Every season, I watch every isekai anime I see, and rarely drop it. I love the genre. Arifureta is my favorite isekai LN, so I thought I'd love to see these characters animated, no matter how poor the director's decisions; in the worst case scenario, I could just treat it as a fan tribute.

Spoiler for Comparison between anime and web novel:

The OP is super static, and the ED is just two colored lights (meant to symbolize people I'm sure) orbiting around each other. On the plus side, hopefully the pathetic nature of the OP and ED help wake up people so they think, "Hmm, could it be the adaptation is what's bad, and the source material is very different?" and they consider trying out the LN, which has a fantastic localization on J-Novel. I imagine that even the source material critics who always pop up just to say "The first arc of Arifureta was good but then it went downhill!" will have no choice but to criticize the anime here.
Old 2019-07-08, 15:33   Link #24
Ichinotachi

I wasn't expecting anything from this and all what I can say after this first episode is: holy shit this is bad. Rushed, butchered and mediocre animation on top of that.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 17:54   Link #25
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

dang, is this what you all waited for?
Old 2019-07-08, 18:18   Link #26
RDNexus

It was actually better than I was made to believe it would be.
Gonna keep watching it for sure
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 20:35   Link #27
Wheeljack83

All things considered, Goblin Slayer got it good in terms of adaptation and what was cut.

As a Goblin Slayer fan, I have very little to complain about other than the animation budget.

But as an Arifureta fan, this was tough.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 22:03   Link #28
topboy
poor man

Never known anything about this story except saw this title sometimes in the past. After I saw this first episode, It got me interest in this isekai because main character look badass to me.I like somewhat evil main character (not so innocent) So this is the first (and maybe only one) anime in this season that I will watched/followed. Not only that but I will read this in manga (or even LN) form too.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 22:14   Link #29
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

disclaimer: I have read the manga so I didn't watch this blind, though I may have forgotten a lot of details. Regardless, I'd like to share some thoughts I have regarding the story at this point in time.

Transmutater was common place and was regarded as useless in combat? That's hilariously laughable, like stating engineers are useless in war. But well, it's the usual backtracking of starting from the conclusion and then plastering premises that's common in isekai fantasy so I'm not as angry at this point. MC being dropped to the abyss didn't factor in how he's able to reconstruct a gun, he only got better material and the extra skill to make it so strong it could kill high level monsters in one hit. If he made them out of more readily available material above ground he will be able to keep up or even carry the rest of the class and gradually create better weapons and armors as they go further down. Frankly any fantasy world with transmutation powers being commonplace like this has no business staying too long in medieval-ish times. Medieval people were not stupid, they were as intelligent as any modern human, and they would and actually did make the most of what was available to them and achieved truly amazing feats of engineering. Just imagine what the Ancient Egyptians and Romans would've looked like if they had transmutation powers, and they long predated the medieval times.
Old 2019-07-08, 22:36   Link #30
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

So rushed.... I guess author making mistaking for delaying anime.
Old 2019-07-08, 23:22   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
disclaimer: I have read the manga so I didn't watch this blind, though I may have forgotten a lot of details. Regardless, I'd like to share some thoughts I have regarding the story at this point in time.

Transmutater was common place and was regarded as useless in combat? That's hilariously laughable, like stating engineers are useless in war. But well, it's the usual backtracking of starting from the conclusion and then plastering premises that's common in isekai fantasy so I'm not as angry at this point. MC being dropped to the abyss didn't factor in how he's able to reconstruct a gun, he only got better material and the extra skill to make it so strong it could kill high level monsters in one hit. If he made them out of more readily available material above ground he will be able to keep up or even carry the rest of the class and gradually create better weapons and armors as they go further down. Frankly any fantasy world with transmutation powers being commonplace like this has no business staying too long in medieval-ish times. Medieval people were not stupid, they were as intelligent as any modern human, and they would and actually did make the most of what was available to them and achieved truly amazing feats of engineering. Just imagine what the Ancient Egyptians and Romans would've looked like if they had transmutation powers, and they long predated the medieval times.
I never had too much of a problem with it. Though maybe willfully blind. Kind of the same in that I don't recall too many details of the early portion. But I always thought that the problem was that characters like Hajime were too weak to make good use of their transmutation. Like a person with offensive sword skills wouldn't be that great until they actually boosted their strength stat. They'd have the flashiest and weakest hit in the world until that point.

No doubt though in some ways it requires some inherent stupidity. The people in that world have to be a bit dumb to not tap into the awesome potential of transmutation. I have less problems buying that a person like Hajime wouldn't think of it unless cornered by circumstance. Could easily be swept up in a crazy situation and never stop to consider what you could do with that kind of ability.

In terms of what he could have done above ground...that depends on the materials. I'm not sure we know what they have ready access to. Could easily be right in that they'd have some decent options, but I'm not sure that is 100% a certainty.
Old 2019-07-08, 23:34   Link #32
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
So rushed.... I guess author making mistaking for delaying anime.
Considering how the first Promotion art look like, delaying was a wise choice, the final result certainly doesn't satisfy us(yet), but if you compared to the initial promotion art, the current is still a massive improvement
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 01:47   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Spoiler for Comparison between anime and web novel:
Which one is Kouki? The hero looking one?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 01:55   Link #34
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Which one is Kouki? The hero looking one?
Right, that's him. Maybe in the anime they only addressed him as "Amanogawa-kun" so far.
Old 2019-07-09, 05:32   Link #35
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Transmutater was common place and was regarded as useless in combat? That's hilariously laughable, like stating engineers are useless in war.
The premise is that, Combat oriented Jobs are more valued, because they are really rare (like one in 100/1000 or so get a Combat or Combat-Support oriented Job).

On the other hand, Synergist is a Job class which is extremely common since 1 in 10 can have that Job. Because of this, Synergist generally work as craftsman.

Also, because of how the Magic of that World works, it makes it harder for any Synergist to reach the maximum capabilities of their Job class (the level Hajime reached, because of gaining higher Mana capacity and 'Mana Manipulation').

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 06:39   Link #36
moridin84
Custom User Title

That was terrible. Like really bad.

A generic adaption would have been much better than this.

The first volume was the best part of Arifureta and they've already skipped half of it.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 09:32   Link #37
Look43

I'm salty.
This is just like berserk 2016, it's a insult even call a adaptation.
I was okay with the change, using flashbacks to explain things on the way. But this was used in a terrible way.
Almost nothing was explained.
Not only this was just bad directed, but also bad animated, with static scenes that can only compete with the CG of bad quality.
To anyone who read this, if you are new to this series or not, if you enjoyed the series or not, don't use this anime as reference.
Look43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 09:47   Link #38
Tenzen12

I am not saying it's good (well there is no defense for terribad CGI at least), but I don't feel it failed explain anything. Class get summoned. They go dungeon with supervision. MC has "inferior" job. MC get backstabed and fail to low level part of dungeon. Eat monster which should kill him but survive because holy water, get op.

Everything pretty much lines up, if you ask me. I would say even thing that didn't get mentioned are easily to infer.

Well either way, I don't see why complain about adaptation being terrible, when following novel to letter would still make trashy anime.
Old 2019-07-09, 09:59   Link #39
RDNexus

Some people need to be spoonfed on all the smallest details right from the get-go.
I'm really believing people seem to be getting less patient with each passing year...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 10:34   Link #40
SilverGlavenus

Lmao at first I thought they made a mistake and aired the second episode, instead of the first one.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, lowbudget