mickbis

This one is pretty good no wonder it sell pretty well
Love the relations between the 3
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 12:23   Link #62
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
How about we see more chapters of the manga before passing judgement on how "important" particular characters are to the overall story? Keep in mind we're only at Chapter 8, which is pretty much the beginning arcs of any particular manga.
Nothing is going to change with more chapters because it's not a matter of how many chapters there is. It's a matter of roles. Twilight has his mission which he's accomplishing through Anya. Yoru is on the sidelines of this. Sure she can help a bit but she's not directly involved with Twilight and Anya's mission. She doesn't even know there is a mission.
Old 2019-07-03, 12:31   Link #63
James Rye

Yoru might get her own mission, maybe it is to find Twilight while he is living with her in the same house but she is unaware that it is him. Till ofc she finds out and has to decide whenever to kill her fake husband and father of their fake daughter and end their fake family or not.
Old 2019-07-06, 09:23   Link #64
James Rye

Yeah, it seems SxF will do just fine:

Shoseki Day 1 sales rankings
#1 One Piece Vol 9
#2 Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol 16
#4 Black Clover Vol 20
#5 Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 6
#8 Act Age Vol 7
#9 Dr. Stone Vol 11
#19 Hinomaru Zumou Vol 26
#67 Kamio Yui Vol 1 (NEW)
#148 Shinshunki Renaissance David-kun Vol 4
#150 Saigo no Saiyuuki Vol 1 (NEW)
#333 ne0lation Vol 3

Jump+
#12 Spy x Family Vol 1 NEW
#81 Heart Gear Vol 1 NEW

12th place, nice. Sure it is just day 1 but still nice to see how popular a Jump+ series became.^^
Old 2019-07-07, 17:22   Link #65
James Rye

Side chapter is out and it is great! In case you haven't read it yet, I gonna put my thoughts about it into spoilers:

Spoiler for Ok then...:
Old 2019-07-07, 23:11   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spy x Family Extra Chapter on Mangaplus

Anya plays everyone like a damn fiddle

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-08, 20:49   Link #67
Wandering Soul

Seems like the one member of the family not trained to an undercover agent or hitman might be the most cunning one there.
Old 2019-07-09, 15:20   Link #68
James Rye

Children always know how to manipulate their daddies and mommies.^^

Also SxF is getting a reprint on the 19th and even after four days it is still in the top20 in the daily rankings so its sales must be doing quite well in sales, better than some WSJ series.
Old 2019-07-09, 20:36   Link #69
Random14

Well, having psychic powers and being really adorable helps a lot with the cunning. I don't think Twilight could pull off that level of cuteness (probably not).

Glad to hear it sounds like this manga is doing well.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 11:34   Link #70
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Well, having psychic powers and being really adorable helps a lot with the cunning. I don't think Twilight could pull off that level of cuteness (probably not).

Glad to hear it sounds like this manga is doing well.
It's doing really well. Nearly 40k sales in 4 days! Apparently the best a Jump+ manga had as debut that's original aka not a spin-off of an existing series or a manga made after an anime.

Quote:
1378177 1378177 O
*225102 *225102 鬼
*120146 *120146 ブ
**98500 **98500 呪
**61834 **61834 ア
**56414 **56414 D
**51963 **51963 鬼
**39461 **39461 S
**33601 **33601 花
**22966 *610065 約
**19775 **19775 火
Old 2019-07-14, 10:34   Link #71
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 9 on Mangaplus

Spoiler for Chapter 9:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 10:45   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wow, Damian's really awakened to a new world and become an M.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 10:47   Link #73
Kazu-kun

As expected, as Twilight mission gets more focus, Yoru gets more and more sidelined. She's just totally irrelevant.
Old 2019-07-14, 13:25   Link #74
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wow, Damian's really awakened to a new world and become an M.
I doubt he is a M given how he cried when she suckerpunched him.^^
I think he just likes bold honest girls who got a kind heart and Anya showed the latter with that tearful apology. He was interested in her for standing up to him but it was the apology that finally did him in.

Did you notice how Anya did not react to Damian's hostile "This..." "This..!" but to the "This...?" with the soft bubbles around it? Anya was able to cut out the negative thoughts and emotions due Becky's kindness and friendship so when Damian's hostile thought changed "tone" she noticed it only then. And given how confused she was his thought/"bubbles"= emotions must have been something she has never felt before. Thus the shiver. Same with the ending where Damian goes full Tsundere while she can read his thoughts. Must be so confusing for a little 5 year old girl to deal with the crush of another boy who cannot even hide his thoughts from her. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
As expected, as Twilight mission gets more focus, Yoru gets more and more sidelined. She's just totally irrelevant.
Can it. It's chapter 9. Yoru will be relevant later on. Now it's Anya time to settle in school with Twilight being the funny guy (heh, that message from God was the best).

I have to say I really liked how all, really ALL, kids in the class had distinctive features and were not mass clones. You can already see the groups that formed and how some kids were scared of Anya while others, like the drill hair girl, were not or who were scared of the whole class like the boy with hair hanging in his face. I expect Anya to make more than just Becky her friend or more than just Damian her enemy. Though ofc Damian doesn't want to be her enemy, he is just too proud and confused atm for his own good, lol. If Anya knew how to deal with boys having a crush on her Plan B would be an immediate success. :P
Old 2019-07-14, 14:37   Link #75
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
I understand your concerns, I really do. However, do you have some kind of grudge against Yoru or something? You've been pounding her quite a bit the last few chapters and we're only 9 chapters in... Come on man, at least save your criticisms until we're past 20 chapters at least.

Remember when everyone used to bash Black Clover for being completely unoriginal and shamelessly ripping off themes from other popular shounen series? Look how that turned out, it gradually got better and did manage to finally craft an identity for itself, didn't it? It sure as hell didn't happen by chapter 9, did it?

As I previously said, I do understand your concerns as I too have similar gripes about Yoru's role in the story. The difference is, I'm reserving judgement until I'm given a reason to call foul. Calling foul on her this early in the story's serialization is kinda silly and shows how impatient you're being.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 16:42   Link #76
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
I understand your concerns, I really do. However, do you have some kind of grudge against Yoru or something?
No, I'm just stating the facts. Actually, I would prefer if the story was better thought out so she could have more relevance. The way things are plotted out, there's just no way for her to be relevant as she has nothing to do with Twilight's mission.
Old 2019-07-14, 16:45   Link #77
Wandering Soul

Friendship levels may be unknown, but I'd say the tsundere level is rising high.
Old 2019-07-14, 17:03   Link #78
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
No, I'm just stating the facts. Actually, I would prefer if the story was better thought out so she could have more relevance. The way things are plotted out, there's just no way for her to be relevant as she has nothing to do with Twilight's mission.
I don't disagree, but I'm not quite ready to point fingers yet. I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait to see if Yoru becomes more relevant as the story goes on.

If in the event things don't pan out and her role remains largely insignificant, then I'll gladly hop on the Yoru criticism train. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 17:22   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
No, I'm just stating the facts.
Even being generous, you're pointlessly repetitive with your "facts".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 23:08   Link #80
Random14

Well, on the bright side for Twilighth, there's a better than even chance Anya and Damian will become friends. Anya standing up to him certainly made an impression on him. Though even hearing his thoughts Anya doesn't quite understand him but Damian probably doesn't quite get it either.

On the other hand, if they get too close will that trigger fatherly instincts then? Well, for now at least Anya doesn't have to worry about school, not with her father watching over her.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, spy thriller