Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-09, 12:10   Link #161
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But did he have a named shark repelant?
Are you saying Batman is based on the King Arthur legend? Because that makes sense with Alfred being Merlin and Lancelot being Robin lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm not interested in seeing Rider again. When he appeared in FGO, he didn't like the adult Waver. Waver has enough problems. He doesn't need any Rider-related issues.
I don't know how they've written the events of FGO in relation to this but isn't this series driven by Waver's desire to see Rider again? I mean the thing that ties everything here together is his lingering issues with the events of fate/zero, as said by that necromancer guy.

I don't think this series could really end without addressing waver's obsession with iskandar, and the only way I can see that will resolve that issue is for iskandar to appear again, somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Remember that during Iskandar's fight with Gilgamesh in Fate/Zero, adult Waver was
drawn into Iskandar's final noble phantasm:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/RD9WS.jpg

The Fate/Zero Grail War isn't quite done with Waver just yet. Maybe it will be Gray
who saves him from the Sword Of Ea. Too early to tell at this point.
You mean at at the end of this we'll probably get to see how waver joins that army? lol spoilers
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-09, 20:21   Link #162
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Since this is a detective series, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that it will have a
story arc set on the Orient Express ............ Uh, I mean the Rail Zeppelin.

Remember that during Iskandar's fight with Gilgamesh in Fate/Zero, adult Waver was
drawn into Iskandar's final noble phantasm:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/RD9WS.jpg

The Fate/Zero Grail War isn't quite done with Waver just yet. Maybe it will be Gray
who saves him from the Sword Of Ea. Too early to tell at this point.
That was an old theory, urobuchi have since debunked that theory and the person seen in rider's Np was never intended to be waver. Though with whatever Fgo canon nowadays maybe waver can be put in.

*SNIP*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2019-08-09 at 21:45. Reason: LN hints and events not covered by the anime up to this point are not allowed.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 12:02   Link #163
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
That was an old theory, urobuchi have since debunked that theory and the person seen in rider's Np was never intended to be waver.
Who was it supposed to be BTW?
Old 2019-08-10, 12:36   Link #164
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who was it supposed to be BTW?
Eumenes, judging from stuff said in FGO.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 15:47   Link #165
kari-no-sugata II

For anyone who hasn't been, Harrods really is that gaudy (in places). I recognised it instantly...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 15:56   Link #166
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
For anyone who hasn't been, Harrods really is that gaudy (in places). I recognised it instantly...
Honestly, yeah. Watching the Lord El-Melloi II Case Files takes on a while other level if you’re actually English and/or live in England. It’s fun~
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 16:54   Link #167
Random14

I was almost hoping for an Ozy or Nitocris or Cleopatra cameo or reference with all the Egyptian stuff. On the other hand, they would all have had better taste than for such gaudy decorating. Actually, Iskandar counts as a pharaoh too.

Fun episode with the girls (I still have no idea who the Waver fangirl is). Gray is such a (cute) treasure. Who knew Trimmau was programmed to be a wresting announcer too. And now back to the main plot.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 18:43   Link #168
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I actually could never get the courage to go in. I feel like I would stick out like a sore thumb but the moment they started talking about the place I knew instantly what it was (and then the outside shot came up it confirmed it).

Also it's pretty neat that in the fateverse Luvia runs the place now (for this timeline at least).

And have I mentioned what a treat it is to have Luvia and Reines in the same episode? All its missing is Rin and it would be all the best girls in one place
Old 2019-08-10, 18:49   Link #169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

More Reines and Luvia is good. Reines was really cute in this episode.

Now the main plot is starting. I wonder why Rail Zeppelin is interested in Waver. It would be one thing if they were after Reines' eyes, but there was no mention of her and it sounded like Waver himself was specifically invited.

Quote:
I was wondering if this place existed. It looked too gaudy to be real to me
Old 2019-08-10, 19:14   Link #170
Frontier

So, that purple-haired girl wants to be Waver's mistress? Uh...congratulations? Although personally I'd go with the revealing lingerie. Leaves a more lasting imprint .

Man, poor Waver. It's hard for him to even utter Gilgamesh' name. He probably doesn't have any idea Gilgamesh survived the Grail War .

Shining the spotlight on the three lovely ladies was pretty fun. More Luvia is always awesome, and it was nice to see both Grey and Reines interacting with someone other then Waver, as well as each other. And putting such prideful and sassy girls together, with polite and humble Gray in the middle, to watch the sparks fly is always a treat. Girl power for the win .

What's a "girls party" without some shopping? Gray looked fantastic in all those outfits. Girl should get out of that cloak more often if it didn't upset Waver .

I wonder if that case they mentioned with Luvia is how Waver came to be her tutor? Now I want to know what happened .

Luvia going all physical with those security drones was quite the sight, especially with the surprise colorful commentary .

Reines has a pretty sweet limo, although it's kind of weird to see a minor in a car with a built in wine cooler .

So Iskandar's mantle has been stolen to force Waver to get involved with the Rail Zeppelin service. I wonder if there's a case on the train that they need his expertise on? Or do they expect Gray to come with him ?

I'm guessing Gray will give her gift to Waver in the last episode to close things out on a nice note .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And have I mentioned what a treat it is to have Luvia and Reines in the same episode? All its missing is Rin and it would be all the best girls in one place
Oh man, if Rin were there the level of haughtiness and cattiness would be off the charts. Reines may have had to be the moderate one just to keep Rin and Luvia off of each other .
Old 2019-08-10, 23:21   Link #171
Wandering Soul

That was a fun girl's night out episode. Reines and Luvia banter was pretty good.

So Rail Zeppelin has called out Waver and want something with him. Wonder what it can be. Next episode will apparently be the first time we dive into actual book material.
Old 2019-08-10, 23:31   Link #172
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
What's a "girls party" without some shopping? Gray looked fantastic in all those outfits. Girl should get out of that cloak more often if it didn't upset Waver .
Her face upsets her more than it does him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-14, 21:27   Link #173
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Her face upsets her more than it does him.
She should realize that she looks much cuter than Saber Arturia and Lancer Arturia.
Old 2019-08-15, 19:07   Link #174
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She should realize that she looks much cuter than Saber Arturia and Lancer Arturia.
that wouldn't help at all.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 12:35   Link #175
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It literally looks like something out of Macau lol

EDIT: BTW this ep makes me feel bad for not leveling Gray in FGO now....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-08-16 at 12:51.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 13:03   Link #176
Applehell

Question: Do Fate fans even understand all this magic techabble and theory Waver and like half the cast spout to solve these mysteries?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 13:09   Link #177
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Question: Do Fate fans even understand all this magic techabble and theory Waver and like half the cast spout to solve these mysteries?
That's what makes it fun!

Old 2019-08-16, 14:11   Link #178
Applehell

I suppose just nodding your head going uhuh is very part of experience the Nasuverse, heh.

Makes me wonderwhat the VAs thinking reading these lines tho
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 14:21   Link #179
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I suppose just nodding your head going uhuh is very part of experience the Nasuverse, heh.

Makes me wonderwhat the VAs thinking reading these lines tho
Pretty much.

Spoiler:

This is how Nasu says "Sword shoots a giant magic laser".
Old 2019-08-16, 14:23   Link #180
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

For me, the lore is the best part of Fate though...