AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-09-02, 15:22   Link #4081
Hoodspirit

Well, to be fair, we don't know how much prelude the author had to adept an ending.
With just 8 pages per chapter...

Let's assume she got a month's notice (which isn't on the short side of things in this industry), she'd have 2 chapter preproduced, giving her only 16 pages for an ending.

Giving an ending to a series that ran like 8 years in just 16 pages i pretty much guaranteed to fail.
Add the author's mental state she must be in after getting notified into the equation and it's understandable that the 16 pages won't be used in an optimal way like this.

It sucks for both parties, the author and the readers.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 16:07   Link #4082
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I told you bully was never going to be a thing .

Now all that's left is the extras the tankoubon usually has.
Old 2019-09-02, 17:13   Link #4083
Tenzen12

It has to suck being invested in this story

I was here just for fanservice and for most part I got it.
Old 2019-09-02, 17:14   Link #4084
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I told you bully was never going to be a thing .

Now all that's left is the extras the tankoubon usually has.
True but that doesn't mean I have to like it

The author had something going when he had Terumi stand up to her in the cafe (the famous kiss scene and getting Konoe to break up with her). If at some point in the story, this plot thread had picked up again, like maybe Tsukasa gets jealous that Terumi is acquainted with so many attractive woman (kinda like what happened when Terumi went on a date with Hanada) and she starts going after HIM, that would have led to some interesting storytelling.

- Would Terumi be willing to give her a chance after all that she's done?

- Would Tsukasa start feeling remorse over her past actions?

- How many times would they do it with one another if they decided to sleep with one another? If not for love, then just for the sake of sex? How would this affect their relationship with each other and the people around them? Would it be toxic or something both parties need to grow as individuals?

The author never explores these threads. It's sad that Tsukasa's final on-screen appearance is AFTER Terumi once again one ups her by fondling her chest and she finds out to her surprise that she likes it (Chapters 285-289) She even admits to her friends that Terumi grew as a person since middle school and admires his "inner courage" against strife, while blushing no less.

The logical thing would've been to follow up at some point but it never happens.

---

As for the tankoubun, I'm not sure what extras we could get at this point. The ending of the story is still going to be shitty. At best, we'll maybe get an extra page here or there that never made it into the magazine but it won't really add much, as well as some comical 4-komas. The only way I can see the final volume being special is that the author goes out of her way to draw one more "extra" chapter that readers can only get by buying the book.

Or maybe the author releases another light novel giving a more conclusive ending to her story. (She released a light novel for this series at one point, giving more details about Terumi's interactions with the first four targets of the experiment, Asahi, Aoi, Hanada, and Rokujou. I think at some point during the novel, he had to take care of a feverish Kaoruko, which involved "wiping" her sweat off.)

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 18:41   Link #4085
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm definitely never reading anything else from this author. Nevermind Kaoruko, after all this, Terumi didn't end up with any girl. Even if the manga was axed abruptly, there is no excuse for this.
Old 2019-09-02, 22:07   Link #4086
avalom
~NTR~

lim dall-young Style....

That suck
Old 2019-09-03, 03:48   Link #4087
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalom View Post
lim dall-young Style....

That suck
Nah. Not the same. That guy doesn't bother finishing his current manwha before starting a new one.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 05:12   Link #4088
Malicre

So glad i dropped this years ago when i realized Kaoruko x Terumi would never happen.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 11:25   Link #4089
HaiNam93

Would be less frustrated if Terumi had at least a memorable 20th birthday party by having his harem gathering at his apartment to hold a secret feast before he come back from uni,i know hes pretty much a pushover in bed but still deserves better than slurping install noodles in loneliness again after all he did to them
HaiNam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 21:56   Link #4090
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiNam93 View Post
Would be less frustrated if Terumi had at least a memorable 20th birthday party by having his harem gathering at his apartment to hold a secret feast before he come back from uni,i know hes pretty much a pushover in bed but still deserves better than slurping install noodles in loneliness again after all he did to them
That actually would've been a better ending for this series. At least this shows that every target still feels something for Terumi despite all these years. Ahh well...

----------------

The author tweeted out on her Twitter about her final chapter coming out this week, as well as thanking her fans for reading her story over the past 8 years. There are two bonus illustrations of Asahi, Tsukiko, Otome and Shian thanking the readers at home. The final 16th volume containing the rest of the chapters is supposed to come out mid-November:

https://twitter.com/inabaminori/stat...64230798954497

Who is going to be featured on the final book, I don't know. Probably both Kaoruko and Terumi. Or maybe all the targets.

Fan responses to her tweet have been relatively tame. Japan must be really patient and understanding; the majority of the tweets are congratulating her for a job well done, stating that they're going to miss this series and looking forward to her next work. Could you imagine if she posted here in the West? She would be destroyed by everyone's criticisms

----------------

Well, enough bitching about the ending. What about the series did we like or didn't like?

- The majority of the targets are very hot and attractive. In my opinion, the best targets are Tsukiko, Gennai, Yuu and Akashi. And of course, Kaoruko.

- Some sex scenes getting particularly raunchy. I know I felt excited when I saw Terumi go at it with Gennai or Akashi. Tsukiko was pretty awesome too, though they may be because I really like her character.

- Whenever Terumi and Kaoruko go into their "practice" sessions. Everyone looked forward to those moments. The best one being the 69 scene, since that's the closest we're ever going to get to a sex scene between the two.

- Terumi one upping the bully, Tsukasa. Always satisfying to see her lose to him. The scene at the cafe being the most iconic.

- Terumi's character development and his interactions with the targets; always looked forward in seeing how he was going to bed them. The bastard at least tries his hardest, despite his nervousness.

- Anytime lesbian action takes place. That's always hot.

- Shian and Otome being the cute little lolis that they are. Their interactions with Terumi is at least sweet and he's considerate enough to treat them as kids.

- Tsukiko getting excited about Terumi's exploits with other women. Always good for a laugh.

- Rokujou and her Yandere tendencies. Always wondering how she's going to strike next, given she can't actually go around murdering people.

Dislikes:

- The fact that Terumi never once goes to revisit a target once he gets "better" at wooing girls and having sex; Aoi comes to mind. I would have like to see him become sex friends with Tsukiko; giving her an "excuse" to use these experiences to improve her writing.

- The same is true in reverse. The targets still clearly have a thing for Terumi after their arc is done but they don't seek him out to pursue for something more.

- Asahi's character was a waste. She clearly wants to jump Terumi but she never goes through with it. Even by the end of the manga, she's still hesitant.

- Ruri was a waste too, since they never explain why she looks like Yuu and she never figures out that Terumi is a boy. Both targets never have sex with Terumi despite being of age. (Shian and Otome are exceptions for obvious reasons)

- I remember being so excited when all targets were in the same room as one another; this would've made for some interesting scenes if Terumi walked into the same room as them and they all react to one another. (Most likely with jealously)

- The fact that Terumi and Kaoruko never cross the line with one another, despite her being the 14th target. There's also the implication that Kaoruko only loves Terumi as a nephew and not something deeper, like how she felt towards her older brother.

- The fact that Terumi still becomes nervous in Tsukasa's presence and doesn't have sex with her, which SHOULD have happened. Tsukasa's friends were a waste too, given that they only show up twice in the series: once at the beginning and once to interrupt Terumi's date with Hanada. You would think that maybe they would be one of the targets; that would have been something interesting to watch as Tsukasa looks on with confusion and jealously that one of her best friends is hooking up with her former victim.

- Nagiko, Tsukiko's younger sister, not being more involved in the story. For that matter, the same can be said of Murakami; he could've acted as a rival to Terumi and competed for the affections of the targets.

- The fact that Konoe never gets punished for his infidelity.

- The fact that we never learn about Terumi's stepmother. Or hell, the father!

----------------

What do you guys think? Any likes or dislikes you want to mention? Or things in the story you wished had happened, would change, cut out, add in, etc?

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 08:08   Link #4091
NeutralZero

Just saw da last one and
Pretty much the cliffhanger and build up from previous chapters turn to thrown to a clift.
Spoiler for 358...:
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-06, 22:55   Link #4092
handa711

Yes a not so satisfying ending, but since we're not Japanese maybe there are things we just don't understand?

I would still thank the author for everything too, this manga was very enjoyable. And just like Prison School, this "extended ending" isn't gonna be anything worth looking forward to, and the author's next work won't have anything to do with this one.
handa711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-07, 05:45   Link #4093
matt619

Honestly despite the shitty ending. this manga exceed my expectation. i never thought the manga will last 8 years. back then i predict this manga won't even last 200 chapter and will get axed before that. but turn out it managed to survive for 358 chapter
matt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-07, 07:00   Link #4094
HaiNam93

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
- Some sex scenes getting particularly raunchy. I know I felt excited when I saw Terumi go at it with Gennai or Akashi. Tsukiko was pretty awesome too, though they may be because I really like her character.
Only final foreplay with Kaokuro is somehow lives up to my expectation considering how detailed is it not mentioning both partners seem quite devoted for the sake of satisfying each other,rest of lewd scenes are either inexperienced virgin sex under blanket or awkward lovemaking with clothes on and light off thus nowhere near as erotic as that 69.Such a shame there are no real ecchi materials such as paizuri,anal or swallowing involved
And Asahi must be special kind of airhead for having a little to no clues or at least suspicious about relationship between Terumi and Tsukiko despite the unusual behaviour of them,like does she ever wonder why such a stranger Genkai be able to contact her and other girls who take part in Kaoruko's experience and why Terumi also happen to be there as well?
Its not like i feel bad for that tsun since she clearly did not do anything to deserve Terumi at all
HaiNam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-07, 09:15   Link #4095
Zolton

Oh my, it ended.

I'm glad MC never crossed the incest line, and I don't understand why people wanted him to plow the bully, anyway. Revenge by sex? Grow up.

This ending is bad, but not as bad as y'all are saying.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-07, 16:03   Link #4096
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It does seem like it was axed.

@Zolton: Aside from the incest aspect, people just wanted to see him do it with his aunt because it would've been hot. And as for the bully? She fell in love with him too, and even if the author didn't want to let her be honest about that in front of him and have sex with him, she (the author) could still have done something more to have him overcome his trauma than what we actually got.
Old 2019-09-07, 16:34   Link #4097
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
She didn't. Just earned his respect even if he didnt know.
Old 2019-09-08, 03:01   Link #4098
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The way she thought of him and the way she sometimes got around him or when she was thinking about him made it seem like she loved him already. She was just too prideful to admit it.
Old 2019-09-08, 13:19   Link #4099
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You're reading to much into it.
Old 2019-09-09, 00:50   Link #4100
handa711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
You're reading to much into it.
Yeah, the only way to know for sure is to ask the author.
handa711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, seinen, smut, snusnu