Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-30, 19:29   Link #19021
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It’s nothing special or unusual. They just go “hey, let’s make [this figure].”
I think they missed their main opportunity then. Making the "inviting cat" figure shortly after the first season aired would probably result in more sales since that scene should still have been fresh in DAL fans' minds.

Quote:
The next one is October 20th.
https://fantasiabunko.jp/sp/fantasia2019/
Interesting that Tohka is currently in the background for that webpage. Hopefully that means we'll get a DAL-related announcement during that event.

Quote:
Nothing unusual here either. Like any business, they make what sells. They simply make what’s more likely to sell, in this case DAL’s two most popular girls. Infinite Stratos made tons of figures for the original five girls, but because the Sarashiki sisters weren’t as popular they only got a grand total of three figures, and looking at those figures it feels like they were made to finish out their sets rather than for the girls. Meanwhile Rikka and Akane from SSSS Gridman are massively popular and have about a dozen different figures in the works from about half as many manufacturers.
How exactly do they determine which characters are likely to sell? Do they hold official polls or something like that? Interesting that you mention Infinite Stratos, since it's rare that a series gets a fairly even distribution of figure merchandise among most of its "waifus."

Getting more figures of the Sarashiki sisters should have been tried, though, if only to try and expand the customer base (and this goes for other series).

Quote:
That said, every one of the girls in the harem that has appeared in the anime does or will have at least one figure each. Griffin made figures for the Yamai twins and would have made one for Miku if they didn’t shut down (I still have no idea why people said Griffon made bad figures, I have all their DAL figures and they all look great), Pulchra’s Miku is coming out next month, and they’re making a Natsumi figure too. Yoshino and Origami have several figures, and Kotori has a few. (just nothing recent)

I’d like more figures of the rest of the girls too, but none of this is unusual for figure merchandise.
I still don't understand why they're limiting themselves to characters that have appeared in the DAL anime adaptations. The sole exception seems to be Inverse Yoshino, who exists only in an illustration, but if they were willing to go that far, why not make figures for Mukuro and Nia who both have illustrations they could base figures on? Isn't Mukuro popular too?

By the way, does Tsunako get a cut of each DAL figure sale if the figure is based on one of her illustrations?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 21:55   Link #19022
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I think they missed their main opportunity then. Making the "inviting cat" figure shortly after the first season aired would probably result in more sales since that scene should still have been fresh in DAL fans' minds.
Again, this is nothing new or limited to DAL. I don’t think this has ever affected anything for figure sales.

Quote:
How exactly do they determine which characters are likely to sell? Do they hold official polls or something like that?
Many, many, many titles have popularity polls. That’s something that has been done for years, if not decades.
Merchandise sales also are a good indicator (certain character merchandise selling more than other characters) plus sales from past figures.
And I’m sure they keep track of general fan reception.

Quote:
Interesting that you mention Infinite Stratos, since it's rare that a series gets a fairly even distribution of figure merchandise among most of its "waifus."
The IS anime sold extremely well (over 10,000 copies per volume) in season 1 and each of the original five girls were very popular. DAL S1 did pretty good (about 7-9,000 copies per volume) and the girls were getting generally the same number of figures, but I’m sure obvious fan complaints about S2 dampened enthusiasm for that. Then Grand Toys, the only group that really tried to vary its DAL figures after S2, went down before they released their Miku figure which didn’t inspire much. And like I said, businesses make what sells, and between the well-known fan reactions to the animation in S2 and s3 and the high popularity of Kurumi and Tohka, these businesses aren’t too eager to make things they don’t know will sell well. Further proof of this is Inverse Yoshino; Yoshino herself is still one of the more popular girls in the harem, and the fan reaction to Inverse Yoshino’s art in the DAL artbook was very positive. If art of the other girls’ Inverse forms are released and well-received, I wouldn’t be surprised to see figures of them as well.

Quote:
Getting more figures of the Sarashiki sisters should have been tried, though, if only to try and expand the customer base (and this goes for other series).
Like I said, they weren’t popular enough. The lack of popularity compared to the original five girls discouraged figure-making. Go figure, because I like the Sarashiki sisters the most out of the IS harem.

Quote:
I still don't understand why they're limiting themselves to characters that have appeared in the DAL anime adaptations. The sole exception seems to be Inverse Yoshino, who exists only in an illustration, but if they were willing to go that far, why not make figures for Mukuro and Nia who both have illustrations they could base figures on? Isn't Mukuro popular too?
Inverse Yoshino explained above.
Nia and Mukuro still aren’t as popular as Kurumi and Tohka.

Quote:
By the way, does Tsunako get a cut of each DAL figure sale if the figure is based on one of her illustrations?
That I don’t know, though I would assume yes since they’re based on her art. Copyright and all that.

It all boils down to money, just like any business. Businesses make what sells and not what doesn’t, popularity matters, and they don’t often take risks on figures that might sell well.
Old 2019-07-31, 05:45   Link #19023
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The mug, acrylic stands, badges, and wall scrolls of Tohka, Kurumi, Origami, and Yoshino from the The Chara shop are all up for pre-order on Amiami.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/li...title_id=15386

EDIT: Forgot to elaborate the items are from the The Chara shop event I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2019-08-01 at 06:52.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 05:20   Link #19024
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Well, the Fujimi Shobo site has updated - no DAL 21 or DAB 6 for September.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 23:55   Link #19025
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Kimono Kurumi is already up for pre-order with a February 2020 release date.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-051435
Old 2019-08-03, 01:00   Link #19026
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The Cocollabo DAL merchandise being sold at Comiket 96 is up for pre-order on Amiami, minus the Natsumi-themed mobile battery. (I wonder why )

https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/li...live&pagecnt=1
Old 2019-08-06, 19:54   Link #19027
Drake17

Is this finished yet? And if yes how did it end? A Satisfying ending? Im hoping for a true harem ending
Drake17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-06, 20:07   Link #19028
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

No it’s not over.
Old 2019-08-06, 20:34   Link #19029
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake17 View Post
Is this finished yet? And if yes how did it end? A Satisfying ending? Im hoping for a true harem ending
probaly tohnka ending...

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-07, 04:49   Link #19030
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
probaly tohnka ending...
Harem with Tohka as head wife is what seems most likely at this point. Either way, V21 will be the last for the proper plot.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2019-08-10, 00:08   Link #19031
matt619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake17 View Post
It's either Tohka or harem ending at this point

the other heroine had no chance
matt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-11, 05:07   Link #19032
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Kurumi dakimakura cover, and Tohka and Kurumi t-shirts being sold at Comiket 96. (hopefully they’ll sell at least the daki cover on Amiami like the Tohka and Origami covers, rowr )

https://mobile.twitter.com/tora_eigy...e-anime.com%2F

http://event.kadokawa.co.jp/comiket/.../item-056.html

http://event.kadokawa.co.jp/comiket/.../item-057.html
Old 2019-08-17, 06:34   Link #19033
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Another Kurumi figure, this one from Sol International, don’t know where it was announced. Definitely NSFW. The pose is a bit.......strong.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/882305
Old 2019-08-21, 21:41   Link #19034
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The Kurumi figure from Sol International is up for pre-order, one version with an A2 size clear poster.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-050692

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-050693
Old 2019-08-29, 22:35   Link #19035
AP24

富士見ファンタジア文庫
10/19発売
●デート・ア・ライブ 21 【著:橘公司/絵:つなこ】
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 00:06   Link #19036
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Here we go.
Old 2019-08-30, 06:38   Link #19037
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Strangely, DAB 6 isn't on the schedule.

Letting Go
Old 2019-08-30, 11:34   Link #19038
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The Fantasia Bunko festival website is running some form of popularity contest.

https://fantasiabunko.jp/sp/fantasia2019/contest.php
Old 2019-09-04, 00:17   Link #19039
AP24

So it's called Tohka Good End, and it's going to be 2-parter
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 03:05   Link #19040
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post

So it's called Tohka Good End, and it's going to be 2-parter
ok so we got untill now vol 18 bad end / vol 19 true end / vol 20 good end ?

seems legit yeah , wonder how author going to pull this out since Mio is dead and spirit power is gone . i need that simple right now

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy