Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-04-02, 17:39   Link #8381
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Why am I not surprised?
Because it's now second nature for anyone who reads this series to expect delays with each new volume.

Y'know it's bad when we've been conditioned to expect delays instead of on-schedule releases and it has pretty much become a meme for readers at this point...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-02, 19:46   Link #8382
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
14th Volume Gets Indefinite Delay

The official website of Shogakukan's GAGAGA Bunko label revealed on Monday that the 14th and final volume of Wataru Watari's My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected light novel series has been delayed indefinitely. The volume had been slated to ship on April 18.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...-delay/.145308
Oh no. I never would’ve seen that coming.

I’m probably crazy for thinking this, but considering the announcement for S3 some time ago, does this mean that the final volume will come with the release of S3? Think about it. S3 was recently announced and the author pulls another delay around the time the supposed volume was about to release. Coincidence?

Who knows. But that’s just my take on this matter. Wataru-sensei you’re so up there with Kanzaki-sensei on my LN author list.
Old 2019-04-03, 02:45   Link #8383
eisai_haramasukoi

Obvious marketing strategy is obvious.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 03:46   Link #8384
pervypig

I just can't get enough of all these tags: delayed release date, train wreak... how about
author-killed series?

But frankly, though, after this long of a while, how many of us WONT watch the 3rd season? Brings me back to SAO...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 11:47   Link #8385
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

I just wonder what’re they gonna base season 3 on? I thought season 2 caught up with the latest volume. I can’t imagine them creating an either season just from the last 2 books.

I thought they should do like ova or movie, rather than a full season.
“All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done.” - Lor’themar Theron, Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas.
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 11:55   Link #8386
Ichinotachi

Most of the time when this happens the studios either get the information from the author on how to end the series making it the same ending from the LN or they can choose a different direction. In this case there is only 1 volume left and despite the delays season 3 is probably going to adapt everything until this last volume.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 18:06   Link #8387
eceso

any updates on the novel ?
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 11:45   Link #8388
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

Honestly, might as well sack it at this point. Since it’s the last volume, the publisher or whoever probably being lenient. “It’s the last one, eh, let’s give it to him”

But if that’s the author’s style (delaying releases, years of gap between volumes), doubt he’ll do well in future projects. Actually, I won’t be shocked if he retires after this series. But that’s a different topic.
“All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done.” - Lor’themar Theron, Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas.
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-02, 21:20   Link #8389
csuree
The Most Hated™

dang, i read it until vol 12. because i saw the manga was updated recently(i read it), and heard that season 3 was in production.

My feelings about it will be that they delayed it so much just to wait for W.W. to finish it so they could wrap it up nicely. hopefully like the last 2 volumes, vol.14 will be published in autumn this year. i am so sad and happy that almost 7-8 years later i am here to witness the conclusion.

So many things happened in my life that were so similar, but i could not "save" my "Yukinon"; Yui is missing,and so on.

I am happy to see it end, i hope it will be on a high note, not bittersweet, and through the years i have shifted from a full-out Yui fan to a "any girl will be good for him" fan.
Old 2019-08-02, 22:53   Link #8390
Lancelot

I'm currently reading volume 13, almost in the end. Reading the LN I think these two endings would be the worst: Hachiman alone and Hachiman, Yukino and Yui going back to what it was before.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-06, 10:43   Link #8391
pervypig

Why can't everyone just see it - Saika is the true route of the entire series: He's about teh only guy 8man's got eyes for from the 1st Vol to the last.

I'd forgive WW if he delayed all this time just cos he can't make up his mind about coming out on Saika...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-06, 21:40   Link #8392
csuree
The Most Hated™

Oh no. I read volume 13. Oh no. My god. It is sooo.. I dunno how to describe these feelings. It is almost like you don't need volume 14. And honestly the interludes felt more important than the main story.
Old 2019-08-07, 13:31   Link #8393
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Why can't everyone just see it - Saika is the true route of the entire series: He's about teh only guy 8man's got eyes for from the 1st Vol to the last.

I'd forgive WW if he delayed all this time just cos he can't make up his mind about coming out on Saika...
You forgot the komachi route

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 05:19   Link #8394
Tenzen12

Shizukaway is still best girl.
Old 2019-08-10, 15:23   Link #8395
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

All aboard the Irohasu S.S, ahoy
Old 2019-08-10, 20:19   Link #8396
tsunade666

the cunning kohai fox. even if tis hopeful. i still go for the fox or the kawasomething.
Old 2019-08-12, 23:32   Link #8397
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
All aboard the Irohasu S.S, ahoy
Comrade! (In stereotypical Russian accent*)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 11:01   Link #8398
AP24

Now Gagaga Bunko site lists Vol 14 coming out in November
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 14:46   Link #8399
patcan3609

Hehe
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bf&oe=5E049EF8
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 14:52   Link #8400
Roxanne
メンバー

#TeamYukino <333
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan3609 View Post
what is this?
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck