Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-24, 08:25   Link #341
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Oh, I genuinely enjoyed this episode. It was funny, they actually gave a bit of insight to everyone's thoughts, and it was great just seeing them romp around despite the limited budget. There is something about all those booms that one wipe the city boom can't match
Yeah, same. Totally shocked when I finished the episode and realized I just had fun the whole time watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How did Shea get so strong? Yue & Tio were just already strong.
Err, there's something about her body or magic works that makes her it possible for her to be that strong.

Whatever is it, it's what caused her clan to get exiled for supporting her.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 08:39   Link #342
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Yeah, same. Totally shocked when I finished the episode and realized I just had fun the whole time watching it.

Err, there's something about her body or magic works that makes her it possible for her to be that strong.

Whatever is it, it's what caused her clan to get exiled for supporting her.
Antavism, a rare kind of mutation that allow an individual to use unusual magics, like Yue's regen and her ability to master pretty much any magic, in Shea's case, it's her future sight and abnormally high affinity for body reinforcement magic
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 09:41   Link #343
4th Dimension

Yup... she has always had the potential to be RIDICULOUSLY strong. She has gained a bunch of skills to help with that, but remmeber even back in Rensen Labyrinth a low level Shea wasn't lagging much behind the other two in ability to deal massive devastation. Though other two were limited due to the effects of Rensen gorge that dissipated magic.

Basically her thing is that she can turn her massive magic strength stat into physical stats that make her into a physical damage dealing demigoddess.

Her only real reason for being "weak" back at the start was that she was a rabbitwoman and therefore always fled from any trouble.

Oh and given her divination which at start was not something she could do at will, exactly, the more she does it less likely it is anyone can get a drop on her by surprise... This is why out of all the people assembled during the judging of that asshole who brought all the monsters to level the town, she was the only one to dive for sensei in time to get her out of the way of enemy attack. And was reasonably fine even while taking it on her back...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 20:21   Link #344
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I really like how Hajime just dropped in on the slave trader and popped him, I definitely would have done the same.

Yep those are indeed fireworks lol.

A good rescue mission, everyone did their part.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 08:57   Link #345
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
It isn't a complete harem without another loli eh? Yue's not enough as a loli eh?
Here's the funny thing, because Yue is small in stature and kind of flat, but she's not a loli.

In fact, now that you mention it, I'm actually impressed that Yue actually at least has aspects that remind us she's a multi-hundred year old existence. I liked how she's mature enough to, while clearly being infatuated with Hajime, clearly seeing where he needs some filling up, and feeling happy for him when it happens.

Which puts her above really childish people, childish elves whose only claim to age is a -jya added to their sentences, childhood friends who just want to protect their male friends without a firm idea of what to do (partly because of male friend being a protagonist with the usual handout) ... etc.

We are in Episode 11, and we are seeing product differentiation.

And oh, the anime finally did what it set out to do. I just spent 2500 yen...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 16:08   Link #346
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Here's the funny thing, because Yue is small in stature and kind of flat, but she's not a loli.

In fact, now that you mention it, I'm actually impressed that Yue actually at least has aspects that remind us she's a multi-hundred year old existence. I liked how she's mature enough to, while clearly being infatuated with Hajime, clearly seeing where he needs some filling up, and feeling happy for him when it happens.

Which puts her above really childish people, childish elves whose only claim to age is a -jya added to their sentences, childhood friends who just want to protect their male friends without a firm idea of what to do (partly because of male friend being a protagonist with the usual handout) ... etc.

We are in Episode 11, and we are seeing product differentiation.

And oh, the anime finally did what it set out to do. I just spent 2500 yen...
I'm afraid she's still a loli. There are various brands.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 08:32   Link #347
The Green One

Wouldn't Yue be consider the Legal Loli variant?
Old 2019-09-26, 10:18   Link #348
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Wouldn't Yue be consider the Legal Loli variant?
This, she's still a loli, just a legal loli.
Old 2019-09-26, 10:31   Link #349
arkhangelsk

But isn't a "legal loli" just a loli that's claimed to be over 18. I think we need to avoid just calling things lolis just because they happen to have small bodies. We need more attention on the mental aspect.

As an aside, I found the manga to be something of a disappointment. The graphics are relatively detailed, but in some places (such as the time with the rabbits) I felt as if they cut almost as much as the anime. I suggest people just go Light Novel if they dig into this at all.
Old 2019-09-26, 11:40   Link #350
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
But isn't a "legal loli" just a loli that's claimed to be over 18. I think we need to avoid just calling things lolis just because they happen to have small bodies. We need more attention on the mental aspect.

As an aside, I found the manga to be something of a disappointment. The graphics are relatively detailed, but in some places (such as the time with the rabbits) I felt as if they cut almost as much as the anime. I suggest people just go Light Novel if they dig into this at all.
No. A loli is just any female character that looks child like regardless of actual age. Yue is a legal loli because she's over the age of consent, but her appearance is that of a young girl.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/legal-loli
Old 2019-09-26, 13:13   Link #351
4th Dimension

Although to be fair, most of the "legal loli" characters tend to also behave like kids and dress like kids so the "legality" is just there as a fig leaf. At least in the novels it's pretty clear Yue is the predator in that relationship. Fact not properly conveyed IMO by the anime.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 15:56   Link #352
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Really? I mean, Yue is basically Evangeline. The more I am thinking of legal loli characters the more I found characters with mature personality.
Old 2019-09-26, 19:33   Link #353
Twi

No, Evangeline had more character to her than Yue.
Old 2019-09-26, 21:13   Link #354
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well, that illustrates the point even more. Legal loli characters doesn't "tend to also behave like kids", there are decent enough examples of either type that I don't see any tendencies. Yue being a loli shouldn't be up for debate in the first place, so there's nothing to "be fair" about.
Old 2019-09-27, 13:21   Link #355
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Depends if its Eva from Negima or Eva from UQ Holder because Yue is definitely better then the UQ Holder version.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 16:25   Link #356
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Depends if its Eva from Negima or Eva from UQ Holder because Yue is definitely better then the UQ Holder version.
Not sure if UQ Holder version can even be considered a loli since she stays aged up.
Old 2019-09-27, 21:23   Link #357
ImperialFlameGod8190

The comparisons between Yue and Evangeline from Negima make sense but remember that we know ALL about Evangeline's character while Yue has barely scratched the surface of what she can do

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-30, 11:10   Link #358
Huh...?

This week's end shot which won't be included in the Sub/Dub version.
https://twitter.com/ARIFURETA_info/s...00284798763009

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-30, 11:35   Link #359
arkhangelsk

So, we have Episode 12. Having examined the equivalent portion in the light novel, they simplified the fight somewhat, and understandably they used fewer characters. One minor characters did not get to "show their stuff" and two significant ones were disappeared in the simplification. Still, they almost made the battle the whole episode so the events perhaps won't have fit even if they tried. But I think the vitals were retained, including Kouki's last ditch resistance. And I did like that they kept the bit about Shea and the motorcycle
Old 2019-09-30, 11:54   Link #360
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
This week's end shot which won't be included in the Sub/Dub version.
https://twitter.com/ARIFURETA_info/s...00284798763009
And here's a bonus: a short, comical animation involving Kaori, Shizuku and Endo
https://twitter.com/ARIFURETA_info/s...01252508684288

As for the episode, I get the feeling an arc or two were skipped (like "taking Myu home" arc) just so they could adapt Hajime reuniting with his classmates...not sure, could be misremembering

Even so, next episode should be fun

Tags
action, lowbudget