AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-11-06, 06:25   Link #241
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Glad they preserved Laffey as a museum ship. And nice to see you back Korol.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 07:01   Link #242
Korol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Glad they preserved Laffey as a museum ship. And nice to see you back Korol.
Thanks Liddo yet HMS Belfast was still around in Thames River in London England as a Museum Ship.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 17:30   Link #243
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for fanart:
Old 2019-11-07, 06:41   Link #244
Korol

Javelin's Notable Acheivement in World War 2

1: In May 1940, during Operation Dynamo, Javelin and other destroyers rescued survivors from the sinking of SS Abukir

2: At the end of November 1940 the 5th Destroyer Flotilla, consisting of HMS Jupiter, Javelin, Jackal, Jersey, and Kashmir, under Captain Lord Louis Mountbatten, was operating off Plymouth, England. The flotilla engaged the German destroyers Hans Lody, Richard Beitzen, and Karl Galster. Javelin was badly damaged by torpedo and artillery hits from the German destroyers and lost both her bow and her stern. Only 155 feet (47 m) of Javelin's original 353 ft (108 m) length remained afloat and she was towed back to harbour. Javelin was out of action for almost a year. Probably arising from this incident, Stoker First Class T Robson was killed and is interred at St Pol de Leon Cemetery, Brittany, France.

3: Javelin participated in the Operation Ironclad assault on Madagascar in May 1942.

4: She participated in the failed Operation Vigorous attempt to deliver a supply convoy to Malta, in June 1942. Javelin along with HMS Kelvin destroyed a flotilla of Italian small ships on the night of 19 January 1943.

Theres an Incident of HMS Javelin on 17 October 1945 whilst off Rhodes by an outbreak of indiscipline (a refusal to work by “Hostilities Only” ratings following resentment over a return to pre-war spit-and-polish): one leading rating was charged with mutiny, and several ratings were subsequently court-martialled, though sentences were reduced as the facts became known.
Old 2019-11-07, 11:53   Link #245
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

A little bit OT, but speaking of Pacific Battle History, do any of you plan to see Midway in the theaters no matter how cheesy it looks? :

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's playing now, right? And here's a mini analysis:

YouTube
Old 2019-11-07, 12:34   Link #246
Marina2

Ep.6

Admiral, the weather is too bad for the sailing. The mist is very thick. We barely see anything except some big mountains on the horizon.

@Obelisk ze Tormentor I will go to see it.
Old 2019-11-07, 13:05   Link #247
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was kind of funny for them to try and fit an emotional scene in the middle of that mist and fanservice. Not that it is a bad thing to further build a friendship between Unicorn and Javelin/Laffey. Did already start that off in episode 1 so might as well carry it forward. Though it did mean about 5 minutes of "wait for the BD version."

The Enterprise and Belfast duo remain pretty enjoyable. And it is doing good work on easing the burdens on Enterprise. Even if that black cube triggered all sorts of weird stuff, overall Enterprise is in a healthier mindset. To the point where she not only willingly hits the dining hall to eat, but even ropes in Belfast to help tackle a mountain of food .
Old 2019-11-07, 13:29   Link #248
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
A little bit OT, but speaking of Pacific Battle History, do any of you plan to see Midway in the theaters no matter how cheesy it looks? :

YouTube

It's playing now, right? And here's a mini analysis:

YouTube
I'll be checking it out.

Also think South Dakota stole the fan service with her pose and smile.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 17:46   Link #249
tsunade666

thick mist in the horizon. can't enjoy the scenery.
Old 2019-11-07, 18:04   Link #250
Tenzen12

Bit boring episode. Fanservice (both ecchi and game one) didn't do much for me as it was too forcefull this time.

Looking forward next episode.
Old 2019-11-07, 18:17   Link #251
Kazu-kun

There were a lot of revelations though. First the black cube showed Enterprise "that character." And then Akagi finally revealed her goal is to meet Amagi. Since Amagi is probably dead, Akagi probably wants to use the black cube to revive her. Heck, the finished Orochi is probably meant to be Amagi's new body.
Old 2019-11-07, 18:21   Link #252
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6:

So nice. The highlight of this episode for me is Kaga terrifying the poor loli ships. "Don't make me use P-kun" that made me laugh. Akagi is surprisingly good in talking with children, she is a kind person when not in yandere mode.

Sandy getting bullied again. This time with an electric bath! ><
Old 2019-11-07, 18:44   Link #253
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Wow, look at Enterprise smiling and interacting with everyone.

That part with her and the cube was interesting.

Interesting part at the end as well regarding the Sakura empire, Prinz Eugen knows something was up.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 19:32   Link #254
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Forgot to say. Akashi already feeling relaxed, and enjoying the bath at the enemy camp!

Also Sheffy not wearing any underwear... that certainly was what surprised Akagi in a previous episode.
Old 2019-11-07, 21:41   Link #255
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There were a lot of revelations though. First the black cube showed Enterprise "that character." And then Akagi finally revealed her goal is to meet Amagi. Since Amagi is probably dead, Akagi probably wants to use the black cube to revive her. Heck, the finished Orochi is probably meant to be Amagi's new body.
In a way, it was the most plot-filled episode yet, you could say.
The Amagi thing was totally predictable, but I was surprised at foreshadowing "that character".
Maybe they will do one of those "I have revived her... but not truly! She is not the person you once knew!" things, and then they fight her as the final boss of the anime.

Unfortunately, no episode next week, it seems. Mikasa will do an overview of the first half and stuff.
I want to see Purifier so badly.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 22:07   Link #256
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Enterprise really opening up thank to Belfast and Kaga scaring the children good thing Akagi was there
Old 2019-11-07, 23:06   Link #257
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

So much PLOT, BACKSTORY, QUALITY, and bright lights. I hate it even as a fan of fanservice. I hate how it gets shoved in your face too much. Fanservice in both meanings really. Too many cameos of other ships that it gets distracting when you see them and try to remember who they are. It serves no purpose other than them saying, 'Look, here's Duke of York on the side of the screen. And also Sirius in the background. Isnt that great that they're there?'.
At least Enterprise is improving herself slowly. And wasnt a suprise to know that Akagi's goal is related to Amagi. But
Spoiler:
is a surpise prospect that was shown.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 01:14   Link #258
Tenzen12

I said it was "bit boring episode" (which is true), but I forgot give it props for showcasing Enterprise character development in quite natural manner . That was nicely done.
Old 2019-11-08, 01:51   Link #259
Korol

if theres a coup between Mikasa and her loyalists been along with shoukaku and zuikaku and any sakura empire ships been sided with Mikasa to defect and joined Azur Lane against Akagi and her followers along with their siren allies.
Old 2019-11-08, 05:03   Link #260
Vaans
NEET

Holy Moly! Uni-chan has large tiddies. So she's oppai loli. Well it doesn't change the fact that I still like her thou. But damn. The fanservice turned up the notch. But so is, the notorious and annoying steam censorship.

And Holy Crap. Never thought we'll see Enterprise Alter today. Its a clue that we'll see her soon.

Despite the fanservice at least we get to know a little more about the girls. And other girls from the game have finally shown up like Eldridge.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sea battles, ship girls