Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-10-28, 04:46   Link #4521
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hori is basically saying Deku, his self insert, sucks as a MC
He sounds like a pretty self-depreciating man.
Both Deku and Shigaraki are Hori self insert.
Deku has his personality while Shigaraki has his appearance, notice Shigaraki has long messy hair like Horikoshi.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-28, 06:48   Link #4522
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
I like how Bakugo tried to be all deep last chapter. Implying his abilities are perfect but that doesn't make him a strong person so he came to learn what he lacked bla bla bla.
But in this chapter Enji simply told him what he's lacking is his abilities aren't good enough lol.
So i wasnt the only one who thought this
I realised that quite strangely hori has a really average ability to write in most fields including explanations, remember the training arc where todoroki talked about how awesome momo is once she is on her own?
literally nothing came from that, kind of just like how in this chapter bakugos growth suddenly became just about him mastering more control over his power...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 02:08   Link #4523
kiak666

Welp here it is folks, we finally get to see how the oldest Todoroki sibling looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/nBa07AJ.jpg
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 05:57   Link #4524
Hakai

We finally get to see what young Dabi looks like

Man the drama in this chapter is intense from what I read in the summary.
Old 2019-11-08, 03:10   Link #4525
Hakai

I'm glad he realizes and appreciates how much of an angel Fuyumi has been.
She gave him the warmth and forgiveness he did not deserve.

I swear Endeavor and Hawks are by far the most interesting characters right now. Enji's inner monologues about his family really hits me in the feels.

Dinner was awkward, as expected.
Deku analyzing the fucking food and Bakugou's reaction to that

It was nice to see Deku being a bro and giving Shoto another pep talk when he's conflicted.

At this point I'm thinking Shoto's mom broke that badly because whatever happened to Touya.
Old 2019-11-08, 06:01   Link #4526
Random14

What a great chapter. I'm really liking Endeavor's character development, especially his self reflection. He's always intense, its just on the job he's loud and blazing but when he's alone he's quiet but still a sharp gaze.

Glad it was just a normal awkward family dinner. Though I'm afraid all this is leading to something tragic, especially since we finally see Touya's face (and Shouto is on the verge of forgiving his father). Well, whenever Deku and company finally catch a villain ahead of Endeavor will probably be the climax of this training arc.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 10:00   Link #4527
marvelB

Surprisingly, the highlight of the chapter for me was Bakugou's various complaints and comments during the visit, my favorite being his berating Shouto and Fuyumi over discussing their family issues in the presence of guests, heh. Still, I personally can't forgive Endeavor for the domestic abuse either, despite his efforts to reestablish a connection with his family....

BTW, forgot to address this earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
He's calling them by their hero names. Shoto's is Shoto, Izuku's is Deku and Bakugou doesn't have one right now
Well.... I did say I was probably overthinking things, didn't I?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 10:03   Link #4528
grecefar

That mom letter didn’t mention endeavor, I’m glad.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 10:54   Link #4529
Crunky

Quote:
Hori is basically saying Deku, his self insert, sucks as a MC
He sounds like a pretty self-depreciating man.
That's literally not what he said at all.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 11:21   Link #4530
Sixth
Hu Tao

Once again, Bakugou being awesome. "Keep that shit to yourself when you have guest over!"

And it is painful to see Endeavor's current state. I guess grudge among the blood doesn't really disappear easily. I hope that Endeavor will get forgiven by his family sooner and not at the brink of death or at his last moment during the LoV raid. It would be damn sad if that happened.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 12:56   Link #4531
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first and final pages of the chapter conveyed a lot of emotions. Really happy with what Hori's doing with Endeavor.

Unlike Marvel, I thought Bakugo's attitude was more annoying than anything else. Can't he behave normally for just one evening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky View Post
That's literally not what he said at all.
I was joking, as the smiley indicates. Just like he himself was joking when he said he made Deku too boring.
Old 2019-11-08, 14:01   Link #4532
Wandering Soul

This chapter did a great job conveying how awkward and difficult the Todoroki household is. I especially like Endeavour's self reflection and how Fuyumi admitted that she actually does hold some resentment towards him.
Old 2019-11-08, 19:06   Link #4533
Hakai

Imagine if Endeavor initially saw Touya's perfect fire quirk and gave him a lot of attention/praise. But after he realized Touya got his mother's body which is weak to heat he completely started ignoring the kid.

Something like that might traumatize him even worse than Shoto.
Old 2019-11-08, 19:37   Link #4534
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just hope we'll get to the reveal he's Dabi soon because it's been totally obvious for ages.
Old 2019-11-08, 20:53   Link #4535
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Unlike Marvel, I thought Bakugo's attitude was more annoying than anything else. Can't he behave normally for just one evening?
He actually was behaving himself, by his standards at least.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 23:50   Link #4536
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I just hope we'll get to the reveal he's Dabi soon because it's been totally obvious for ages.
It would be the biggest twist if Toya isn't Dabi.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 04:51   Link #4537
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Or Dabi killed Toya.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 09:58   Link #4538
marvelB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
He actually was behaving himself, by his standards at least.
Mind you, I'm not the biggest fan of Bakugou's attitude either (hence the "surprisingly" in my prior post), but basically what Endscape said. And I just found it highly amusing that he can speak so sensibly despite his grumpiness ("Dude, keep your family drama out of this peaceful dinner!"). It just goes to show that being a belligerent asshole doesn't necessarily make one totally clueless of his surroundings...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 10:15   Link #4539
zibi88

The thing is that when Endevour met Dabi he was weak and his eyesight wasnt sharp to see details of Dabis face. The same smoke and fire covered the area so the siblings couldnt see Dabis face in TV. Shoto might not even remember Toyas face since he was separeted from his siblings as a kid, cant tell if he ever heared his voice.

It was mentioned that Toyas flames were even stronger than endevours but he had weak body unable to hold that power so Dabis case of beign Toya is strong.

Everyone thinks Toya died so they are not considering Dabi to be him, I gueuss Fuyumi or big bro could recognize him since the three of them were growing up together.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 18:10   Link #4540
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Pretty much. Reminds me of Tobi in Naruto. People figured out who he was on his first appearance, but Kishimoto kept milking the mystery for years, to the point some people thought they had to be wrong because it couldn't possibly this obvious, and yet... the obvious answer was the correct one.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot