AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2019-11-30, 15:24   Link #5861
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The Week Late Trains rushes into Episode 4, trying to fit in a quick review on a busy Saturday...

THUNDER THIGHS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That is AMAZING. Reminds me of Last Man Standing: "Anything but that! Not even as a joke!"

There's certainly an element of truth to what the one AceOps girl said about not confusing the two. A military unit can become like a family, but particularly in wartime for a leader there's almost a need to have some degree of distance from those under his command to be able to order them to do things that that person might not survive but is necessary for the mission or the survival of the unit.

I like that Blake is the one who holds Weiss' hand when her father is being an epic jerk.

Not sure why I was so amused by Team RWBY + Jaune being oriented in descending order of height... but I was.

Getting their licenses is pretty cool. To the point made, I would call this almost a forgotten occurrence. From Volume 3 onward, this basically didn't ever come up, so it's cool to see it swing back around and become official. Sort of like battlefield commissions in wartime.

Ooo! Summer Rose information! A little tidbit... and, who knows, maybe we won't get more for another volume or something.

A rare note about the closing concept art... I REALLY have liked the concept art and designs for this mine area. I'm fascinated by stuff like that. Really reminds me of the concept art and level designs from Rise of the Tomb Raider. Would love to see more of that.

Anyway, back to the rest of a crazy Saturday. Hopefully we get some action next week as the Week Late Train rolls into another episode.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 20:18   Link #5862
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Can't be the only one hoping/expecting for Jaune's mission to end up being the truly dangerous and heroic one.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-30, 22:14   Link #5863
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Can't be the only one hoping/expecting for Jaune's mission to end up being the truly dangerous and heroic one.
It won't, Jaune (and his team) isn't allowed to do anything cool as long as the RWBY fanboys hate him and Rooster Teeth will gladly comply to their demands.
Old 2019-12-02, 01:27   Link #5864
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I lost my trust on Rooster Teeth when it comes to Jaune's character after his underwhelming Semblance reveal. They will never let him shine more than Team RWBY.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-07, 11:29   Link #5865
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train heads into Station... er... Episode 5!

Jaune as a school crossing guard!

Ren getting clotheslined. Even with Aura, he seems like he'd break in half. Yikes.

NEON KATT!!!! YESSSS! I completely forgot that that team was from Atlas.

See, again, I need some time-bounding here. It kinda annoys me that we don't have any idea how long it has been since certain things happened. Qrow says that he gave up drinking a "long time ago," but... is he just saying that or has it legitimately been quite some time since what we saw in the beginning of this season? There's no indication if it's been days.... weeks... months?

Not entirely sure Winter can seriously say she's distanced herself from the Schnee name. She's very good, but the Schnee name absolutely helped her get to where she is.

Soooooo..... what are the chances that the whole Winter Maiden plan totally, epicly fails? This is one of those things you just know cannot possibly work out the way the characters expect.

Finally, that dude who threw the trash can at the end? Sign him up for the football team! Wow, what an arm.

Anyway, we're closing in on the halfway point of the season and I'm kinda torn on how this one is going. Just seems like nothing has really happened of any particular importance. Hopefully next week we start to actually see some stuff.

Old 2019-12-07, 17:40   Link #5866
Wandering Soul

The Winter Maiden plan is definitely failing. I would be really surprised if things did go according to the plan. A popular theory right now seems to be Weiss will end up meeting her and getting the abilities instead.
Old 2019-12-08, 03:06   Link #5867
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^I don't want any of the main characters to get maiden powers

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2019-12-08, 03:17   Link #5868
RDNexus

Well, my brother and I are among those who believe by the time of the endgame, the main group may end up becoming the current-time maidens, getting enough power-up to battle Salem ala DBZ
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-08, 12:11   Link #5869
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Well, my brother and I are among those who believe by the time of the endgame, the main group may end up becoming the current-time maidens, getting enough power-up to battle Salem ala DBZ
I don't want that coz that would mean RT shafted Pyrrha from getting the Fall maiden's power just to give it to a RWBY team member.

I personally never liked the whole maiden aspect Rooster Teeth introduced in their story.

Old 2019-12-09, 18:18   Link #5870
shiki343

Okay, here’s my thoughts on V7 episode 5. Like the last episode, not much happens in terms of the main plot until the very end. It’s mostly filler, but at least it’s entertaining filler, unlike the constant standing or sitting and talking filler we got in V5.

I like the montage of seeing Team RWBY and ORNJ training and actually living life as professional huntsmen, which I like. It gives a bit of weight to them finally getting their huntsmen licenses last episode. It was good to see Team FNKY again, and the whole team this time. I liked Robin’s introduction. The humor still isn’t doing it for me, but hopefully it’ll be toned down considerably
now that the main plot is finally moving.

The predicament with the winter maiden is finally unveiled. I actually hope Winter doesn’t die and becomes the winter maiden (despite how on the nose it is) instead of Weiss. All the members of team RWBY becoming the new maidens is the obvious route to take, but’s probably why I don’t want it to go that way. Ruby especially already has silver eyes and an OP semblance (if only she used it more) so she really doesn’t need more powers.

However, I would be 100% onboard with Ruby becoming the fall maiden if this happens. Ruby and Cinder eventually have their big fight. Cinder dies and Ruby becomes the fall maiden. However, because Cinder inherited the power unnaturally her soul also merges with Ruby’s. Way back in V3 when Pyrrha was to be the fall maiden Ozpin says that Amber’s soul would be merged with hers and that she might not be the same person anymore. Obviously we never got to see this play out. We’ve gotten a taste of it with Oscar/Ozpin but this would be the full extent of that.

Cinder’s personality could bleed over in to Ruby’s and so we’d see Ruby gradually act different and unhinged. It’s a way to put Ruby in a darker place without it feeling out of character. We could see Cinder’s memories overlap with Ruby’s which could cause Ruby to have a crisis of identity. It would be a cool way to incorporate Cinder’s backstory as well. We could also see Cinder trying to take Ruby over and her having to resist that. It would like Ichigo’s conflict with his inner hollow in the Arrancar Arc of Bleach.

If done well this could be an awesome story, and make for good development for Ruby. Ruby still hasn’t really had a full blown character arc yet. This would be a much better trial for her character than simply losing an eye, like so many people want to happen for some reason.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-14, 11:24   Link #5871
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train rumbles into Episode 6!

I like the little snippet with the Weiss/Winter fight. Kinda like that Weiss' fighting style is gaining more unpredictable elements and little twists that go along with her becoming a more open girl.

What, have like 10 people voted total when Ironwood first shows it's a 70-30 advantage for Robin and like 10 seconds later it's only 53-47 in her favor?

I write these posts as the episode progresses, so when I'm writing this I don't actually know the ending yet. I cannot imagine this actually ends with Robin winning the seat. This has to be something where the vote gets thrown right at the end by a very convenient computer "glitch," arranged by Salem's lackey whose name is escaping me right now.

Hey, a Renora kiss. I'm good with that. Even though I'm not a fan of shipping Blake and Yang, I did like the conversation between Ren and Nora about relationships earlier.

Wait, the one AceOps dude's Semblance is activated like dog commands!?

Real frickin' surprise there with the ending. Are they going to re-use the same bit from Volume 3 and spread around some video that makes it look like Penny was the sole attacker a la the video which (albeit real) of Yang attacking Mercury?

And I get that Robin is distrustful of the Atlas forces, but come on now, she can't be that dumb, can she?

Anyway, at least something actually HAPPENED this episode. Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Old 2019-12-14, 11:47   Link #5872
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 7 really highlights how bringing in more people into the writing team has really helped the show feel more focused. Watching Nora talk down Ironwood, I haven'r clenched my anus watching this show so tightly since volume 3.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-14, 15:14   Link #5873
Wandering Soul

That plan would have been screwed if there was a single famous in the audience.

Looks like now it's Penny turn to be framed similar to how Yang was.

This may be a case of reused models, but apparently some of the people Tyrion slaughtered were the MILFs that were flirting with Jaune. If that's the case, then falling for Jaune really is a curse.

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2019-12-14 at 20:46.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-15, 20:16   Link #5874
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Jaune is getting some slight development and a hint at a ranged sword-wave attack a la Ichigo. I hope his story will pick up at some later point and live up to the cost of Pyrrha dying. I mean you could also bring Pyrrha back, since that's a trend now and JNR need someone to call their rival...

Pretty confident Penny will have a crisis - probably hijacked a la Terminator 3. Pretty sure her core will be damaged and Pierto will die restoring her back to life. Something corny and gripping like that - lots of people think she'll die, although I doubt they would kill both Penny and Pierto... Needlessly cruel in a show that isn't that harsh. Love how Penny is playing out in this Volume, I think her reveal in Chapter 1 is totally warranted with how much plot they're cramming into this arc.

I'm pretty sure Weiss will get the maiden powers, and I don't mind so long as the rest of the team rise up to that challenge. Power levels in this show are so arbitrary with Semblances and Aura.

There's also a possible theory that Nora get's the maiden powers, which I'm not against. Her characterization this Volume, along with Ren, is really well done and enjoyable. I'm glad they're getting focus after long, long last, after being the butt of many characterization jokes.
Old 2019-12-21, 17:14   Link #5875
JagdPanther

And the Week Late Train careens into episode 7 as a means of getting away from the carcass of Episode IX...

Oh, so we have another semblance that makes things appear to be different than they actually are. I guess eventually they do start running out of new ideas.

Pissed Off Nora is interesting. That said, Ironwood is still a man of power and bearing, and it shows.

At least they're not really even bothering to lampshade that they are totally reusing the frame-a-good-guy tactic.

Hey, we finally kind of have an answer to my question from a prior episode: it's been "weeks" since the events of this season started. Not a whole lot of time, but at least it's better than the few days it made it seem like before.

Let me guess; the guy whose head is being covered by Penny's "dad's" thumb is that techno-whiz lackey of Salem whose name I can't remember. (Again, I write these posts as the episodes are unfolding, so maybe this is actually revealed eventually).

Wow, big shocker. And he had a big puss on his face then. Who knew.

Fisticuffs. Okay, I'm good with that nickname.

What are the chances that the Staff of Creation gets removed from its position and we basically have a Colony Drop, RWBY-style?

Anyway, I'm guessing we're probably over halfway through the season by now. Lots to cover yet to have any semblance of closure for at least this season, let along all the other stuff that's still open after many seasons.

Old 2019-12-28, 11:21   Link #5876
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train heads into Episode 8, which may be the midpoint of the season if there's not a new episode showing on the list right now...?

Wouldn't Weiss be questioned considering she, ya know, ran away from home? She's probably not considered super-trustworthy right now.

Did we already know the butler got let go or is this the first reveal of that...?

Was that hor d'oeuvre an Oreo on a toothpick....?

Winter getting really pissed was pretty good. Even she has a breaking point.

Man, the Schnee matron downing that vodka like a champ. And right on with those cameras, Willow. Probably catch a lot of things that aren't *particularly* relevant to the safety of the Schnee women, but.... hey, gotta take the good with the bad.

So... the heating system in Mantle warms the air sufficiently to turn snow into rain...? Or is that just some sort of metaphor?

Anyway, I guess there will be more developments in 2 weeks. Kind of a slow episode again. Happy New Year, everyone!

Old 2019-12-28, 16:07   Link #5877
Wandering Soul

So apparently they are going forward with the sympathetic angle for Whitley. Anything that gives him some depth, I guess.
Old 2019-12-28, 19:50   Link #5878
tuckersister

No new episode this week. Just a 3-min recap and ep9 preview.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-28, 20:11   Link #5879
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So apparently they are going forward with the sympathetic angle for Whitley. Anything that gives him some depth, I guess.
Which is really weird considering how... dirty... he seemed last season.

Old 2019-12-28, 21:00   Link #5880
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Which is really weird considering how... dirty... he seemed last season.
It makes total sense if you think about it. Winter and Weiss had talent as huntresses and pursued it as a means of escaping their toxic family, but Whitley had nothing and was essentially abandoned by them, leaving him to fend for himself by sucking up to Jacques. His recent interaction with Weiss, under closer scrutiny, wasn't aggressive. It seemed like he just wanted to talk to her.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby