AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-01-11, 12:35   Link #5021
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^Negi has to keep her away from it because he knows that anything he writes for her will only make her a more popular and better developed character and he really doesn't want her to keep getting more of that because it makes his precious Yotsuba look bad by comparison.
I think the real problem author faced is, if any readers looking back, its 'impossible' to make Miku looks bad.

You can kill Ichika character as we know she can do 'anything', you can make Nino looks like villain by kept pushing topic about Yotsuba luck as she's hardheaded from start, but if Miku do that as well its very OOC and, as you said, will make the winner actually looks bad as well in consideration to previous chapter as it easily translated as author effort to kill her character. So the best is indeed get rid of her from start even for family matters.

Suddenly I think Ichika taking her career seriously (not coming to school) is extension of this decision; she and Miku are the true front runners, after all. Keeping them is pretty much killing the rest of quints with how developed they are.

I agree that, with correct spoiler revealed, author looks like making the rest of quints shot their own legs rather than making them truly reconcile and accept Yotsuba victory. So much for additional drama based on 'we're family'. LOL.
Old 2020-01-11, 13:09   Link #5022
devil_slayer

LMAO this page is amazing. Negi is actually self-aware

Spoiler for Oof:
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 13:33   Link #5023
Chosen_Hero

^It can't be opened.
Old 2020-01-11, 13:35   Link #5024
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
LMAO this page is amazing. Negi is actually self-aware

Spoiler for Oof:
Oh this chapter makes it very clear that Negi is self-aware alright.
"People talked about a possible Bait and Switch with Itsuki".
Has Shimoda talk about this possibility and describes it as a dramatic soap-opera.
"People have said that Yotsuba gets this win by doing nothing"
Nino says to Yotsuba "Isn't it great Yotsuba that you're getting everything served to you on a plate."

Negi knows. I don't know if that's a good thing however as you could interpret this as him mocking those people. Does that mean next chapter will be Negi's way of saying "You think Yotsuba was the wrong choice for Fuutarou? Well I'm going to prove you wrong!" On the plus side if he's this self-aware then I don't see a bait and switch happening which is one positive that can be taken from this, however it doesn't change that Itsuki's feelings have been revealed much too late. Could have at least showed them during the Festival arc.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 14:10   Link #5025
devil_slayer

Everytime Fuutarou tries to make a move on Yotsuba:

Spoiler for SORRY GOTTA GO!!:
Old 2020-01-11, 14:14   Link #5026
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Image isn't visible.
Old 2020-01-11, 14:22   Link #5027
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Image isn't visible.
Both images are working pretty good for me.
Old 2020-01-11, 15:36   Link #5028
RDNexus

Go to quote and pick the link
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 16:26   Link #5029
Endless_Despair

I'll post a link to the pics then:

1st Pic

2nd Pic
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 17:19   Link #5030
WingedAccelerator

I got reminded that Fuutarou said to Papa Nakano in Chapter 77 that after he listened to Itsuki and Takeda, he wants to help the quints find their career pathes. Yet, he pretty much did nothing. Ichika and Itsuki done their realizations without him. He was a catalyst to Miku, inspired her, but didn't really suggest anything to her in a direct way, just thought she would definitely be capable of something in university. He did nothing for Nino. He asked Yotsuba one time, but Yotsuba didn't think of anything. In his mind, he just swept the issue under the rug that something athletic would be sufficient. And now, Yotsuba just got a sports recommendation from nowhere. Great career consulation.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 17:44   Link #5031
devil_slayer

It's not like we can fulfill every little promise we made, give the poor kid a rest. As their Tutor Fuutarou did everything asked of him and more. Ichika already had an idea about her carrier before Fuutarou stepped in and Itsuki couldn't have dreamt of becoming a teacher if Fuutarou didn't help rising up her score.

Anyway away from that, Fuutarou seemed happy after he heard that that Yostuba still needs him in her studies lol.
Old 2020-01-11, 18:18   Link #5032
WingedAccelerator

A little promise? Papa Nakano hired him back. Fuutarou went out of his way and assured him that he is not satisfied with merely graduation, he WANTS to help them find their career pathes. 3 of them was undecided when he said that, and he did nothing directly to help any of them. If you want to call this anything, then it's another meaningless detail, dialogue or plot point. It's even more unrealistic, when you consider that the parent-teacher career consulation should have already happened or is on the corner, yet nothing rings a bell for Fuutarou that he has forgotten something. Yotsuba "What do you want to do?" was also a recurring plot point, yet here comes the allmighty saviour, the sports recommendation. But 15 chapters for the festival was really needed after all...
Old 2020-01-11, 23:17   Link #5033
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

LOL, after saw that picture, guess this is "Gotta prove Yotsuba is superior to readers" arc. We really need comedy tag.

Is Yotsuba have any explanation she is contributor of trophy / medals of their school?
I mean, at least in other manga like Suzuka or academic course in general, sports recommendation only given to those with good track record--became winner of several competition, regular national entry of said sports. As far I reading Gotoubun, I only know her as a helper, not more not less, no news about her being special on sports subject.

Did I miss some ... probably an extremely tiny details about her being amazing in sports?
Old 2020-01-12, 01:01   Link #5034
cyberdemon

Maybe negi is trying to set up a marry them all ending lol
Old 2020-01-12, 01:41   Link #5035
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics
Did I miss some ... probably an extremely tiny details about her being amazing in sports?
Aside from us knowing that she helps the Basketball Team sometimes, no. We didn't even see her actually compete (and probably never because she wasn't really a part of the official team). We are made to assume from Fuutarou that she developed her athleticism throughout the years and that's what sets her above the other quints. (Source: that "fair and equal" conversation he had with Miku during the skiing trip.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2020-01-12 at 03:50.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 03:02   Link #5036
WingedAccelerator

Aside from what Marcus said, it was in her flashback. The quints played football, while the Maradona lookalike highlighted how Yotsuba stands out from them, so the rest should aspire to be like her. Then during her quest for being special, she mentioned to Papa Nakano that the track team wanted to recruit her, but she declined the offer to concentrate on studying. After the other quints started surpassing her in that field, she substituted the special aspect of the quest from studying to sports, so she accepted the track team's offer, plus the softball team's offer, the basketball's team offer, she has accepted any requests she has gotten according to the quints, and apparently broke many records and put her school on the map in sports. But as a result she neglected everything study related, so she got fired. And now, this mistake of her comes back and rewards her.
Old 2020-01-12, 05:19   Link #5037

Didn't she win the relay with the track team at the end of 7 Goodbyes?

So, Nino's future plans are the only ones we don't know and Negi skipped over them again in this chapter.
Speaking of unresolved plot points, Fuutarou promised that the next time he meets with grandpa he's going to be able to tell the quints apart. Nino is still the only one he wasn't able to distinguish once.

Is Negi going to address the criticism that Yotsuba did nothing? What can she say to that? Meeting Fuutarou 5 years ago and liking him since then isn't going to cut it.
Nino cried when she heard about it from Fuutarou, but it doesn't change the fact that Yotsuba still did nothing. Saying "I didn't do anything to give you a chance" isn't going to work either.
This whole thing is so fucking stupid and unnecessary. Makes Nino look bad, but at the same time she isn't wrong.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 08:56   Link #5038
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yotsuba is so used to running away she got good at it and got rewarded for it .
Old 2020-01-12, 09:04   Link #5039
WingedAccelerator

^^That's a good question. It was used for a collage of events that happened after the exams, during the period the quints didn't talk to Fuutarou. She declined the track team's offer, only to help them later anyways. They are really happy on that panel, but it's not outright confirmed they have won, just suggested. Point being, in their new school, we only know that she has helped the basketball team one time, then declined their offer, and the incident with the track team. Yet, in the upcoming chapter she says that someone watched her helping clubs and leaving results in tournaments, which is definitely something that got mentioned in their previous school.

Technically, outside of the Miku LOVE in Chapter 67, plus how he knew Fake Miku wasn't the real one, and the Yotsuba is a bad liar gimmick, all of his distinguishings was based on logic, process of elimination or the way they address him. He doesn't even know who was Rena or that Yotsuba was Rena on the festival, yet picked her. LOVE was a mistake. Negi hardly gave any chances for him to prove himself after Scrambled Eggs anyways, and certainly didn't create a situation, where she had to guess Nino in a smilar fashion.

Well, I expect Yotsuba to say something that Nino was selfish, while she always cared about how Fuutarou should enjoy his school days, how people should see him being a nice guy. I would be surprised if Negi still has it in him to create something that could satisfy every party involved without being it something totally cheap.
Old 2020-01-12, 09:29   Link #5040
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
This whole thing is so fucking stupid and unnecessary. Makes Nino look bad, but at the same time she isn't wrong.
Well, if I'm author, I will make Nino come across some people that praise Yotsuba for helping them on sports club.
That way it will help making Nino looks bad for accusing Yotsuba not join the race and Yotsuba looks like have solid reason to defend her lack of presence under "she actually doing a lot of good deeds offscreen compare to other quints", festival chair style, more reason for MC to praise her while Nino would regret her action; nice solution.

Even so, after reading it, what current development do only raise more doubt.

As said by others, Yotsuba 'not doing anything' is something that should be only known by readers.
While it feels right for Nino to said so, in practice its no different than author admitting reason left to Yotsuba is "doing a lot of good deeds / score high off screen" but IMO most reader could argue "how could Miku not rewarded for doing same? Not to mention more developed compare to Yotsuba who stuck".

Following that, next card to play is past girl card (Kyoto Girl here? KG?) which other quints didn't have.
This way, author can use Itsuki to deny Nino, then explained to both MC and Nino that Yotsuba is trying her best to avoid MC that suddenly became an effort worth to praise for whatever reason; additional details that we might never seen kinda expected given this manga screentime mostly goes to Miku and her development to be a reliable girl, next to Ichika.

Maybe someone have good idea of win-win solution?
By now, IMO this manga will just ended up befriended Masamune being Animesuki meme for its last leg "first ally" development.
I kinda feel bad to see MC now looks so irrelevant despite praising his GF. Not even able to stand for his great athletic GF is just sad.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck