AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-01-20, 11:44   Link #5141
usspaul

yots is a bitch. the flashback basically showed how she doesnt give to shits about her sisters. Here after all that she still doesnt give 2 shits about her sisters. Like yots is the least one that should have a happy ending she should get a cruel horrible ending for a horrible person that she is
Old 2020-01-20, 12:13   Link #5142
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So like everyone thought, the only thing that happened in the chapter was that Yotsuba ended up looking better in front of Fuutarou at the cost of someone else... Gee, how novel Negi.
Two things to remember:
- Fuutarou giving credit to Yotsuba in Chapter 21 being the only quint according to him, who is honest and straightforward.

This was the perfect opportunity to test his love after Nino or she exposes herself and what she did throughout the manga. No, we can't have that, she is an angel, her only problem is that she helps everyone in need and is a complete pushover, shackled by guilt from falling out from their previous school, making the sisters to follow her. Fuutarou's view.

-Even if things don't turn out the way you want, it's still a hundred times better than living with regrets.
Yotsuba of all people to Miku of all people in Chapter 112. Of course, now that Yotsuba is the chosen one, there are no withheld regrets, right? He didn't want to come clean with KG and the Rena plot, pretends she is fine, ends up crying hours before the decision, but totally no regrets, I swear, she completely moved on from her past memories without an issue. Doesn't regret not seriously confessing to Fuutarou or telling how special he is to her as well before the decision, right? Give these to Itsuki last minute, because Yotsuba already won and got away with any negative repurcussions for being NOT honest and NOT straightfoward.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-20, 12:34   Link #5143
Chosen_Hero

^Yotsuba is just one big hypocrite, seriously, go and read chapter 81 again.
Old 2020-01-20, 12:50   Link #5144
WingedAccelerator

Oh, no, I forgot about that. Another valid advice, which Yotsuba can just conveniently ignore and expect everyone to be fine with it. And of course, they are fine with it, because Yotsuba are allowed to attain everything without not choosing something.
Old 2020-01-20, 13:29   Link #5145
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why we don't stop talking about that irrelevant trainwreck and talk stuff that really matter? That's obviously Negi's Magical girl kosaki-chan Raiha.
We need a spinoff chapter now, with Magical Girl Raiha, Oneesan/mascot Itsuki (complete with a cat form), and Big Brother Fuutarou

Her goal is to bring peace to the land and help Itsuki regain her powers
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-20, 15:02   Link #5146
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
Here after all that she still doesnt give 2 shits about her sisters. Like yots is the least one that should have a happy ending she should get a cruel horrible ending for a horrible person that she is
How did you even come to this conclusion? The story has progressed the way it has, precisely because Yotsuba loves her sisters. If she didn't care about them, she would have gone ahead and dated Fuutarou straight away. I can see you're angry that Yotsuba is likely going to be the winner but at this point you're making things up to justify your anger at her. It'd be like me saying If Miku won that Miku doesn't deserve a happy ending because her poor cooking skills will end up killing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
And speaking of Fuutarou. What a pathetic sack of shit you are. You heard all of that and will do absolutely nothing.
All it takes is to act like a man and give Nino a formal rejection. Even if you completely don't give shit about her, or her feelings and are happy with her suffering for the foreseeable future, Nino moving on would make things easier for Yotsuba. Fucking scum.
In Fuutarou's defence, the Quints were the ones who came up with the whole "pick a room at the end of the festival" scenario. If Fuutarou didn't go to their room, that's practically the same as a rejection and you can see in this chapter here that despite Fuutarou not going to her room, Nino still wants to fight on, no matter how futile it is and quite frankly that's down on her if she wants to do that not Fuutarou. Fuutarou can't force any of them to move on from their feelings.

Personally I think the conversation between Nino and Yotsuba was okay. What Yotsuba said can be summed up as "Nino, I want your blessing, and thanks to my chat with Miku I understand now that this can't happen right away but even so one day I would like it from you because I love you just as much as Fuutarou". Yeah Yotsuba's being her usual idealistic foolish self here but I guess Negi wants us to comprehend that's just who she is and that's not gonna change. This whole part kinda reminded me of Emiya Shirou's confrontation with his older self in UBW and made me realise that Yotsuba's pretty similar to him. We also finally got something that genuinely shows Fuutarou has feelings for Yotsuba when he got all giddy listening to Yotsuba. A shame that Negi only did this once Fuutarou had made his choice and not beforehand.

Now onto the bad part of the chapter. All I can say is that for any fans of Itsuki out here, I feel sorry for you lot. Negi just hasn't treated her at all well here. First with the whole Bio dad thing at the festival and now only deciding to bring her feelings up last chapter, only to bury them this chapter. Its like Negi forgot about Itsuki's feelings and went "Oh right! The title of my series is Five Equal Brides so I need to shove something for Itsuki in quickly to fill that status quo". Honestly I would have preferred if he didn't bother at this point, as it comes across as a waste of time and rather cruel to her fans.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-20, 15:47   Link #5147
DanielSong39

I was let down by the Itsuki treatment but it was her development as a student and a character that was disappointing

If she never had feelings for Fuutarou, became a great student, was an excellent onee-san to Raiha, and went to university with a bright future I think everyone would have been satisfied

She could have been the one who's amused by the Fuutarou sweepstakes and never really meddled while following her own path
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-20, 22:29   Link #5148
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Who is this?
Images
who is this?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-20, 22:36   Link #5149
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Kinda funny you still need to ask who is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
How did you even come to this conclusion? The story has progressed the way it has, precisely because Yotsuba loves her sisters.
However such thought is understandable though.

On earlier page, you can see that Yotsuba's journey to be special, at least from Nino point of view, set her to disregard other feedback.
Later we know the outcome of said journey is everything messed up from Yotsuba mindset, she failed to be special as she wanted to, despite said to be excellent helper of sports team; people gave advice and she still stuck repeating same mistake.

Next, telling Itsuki to disguise as her, run away from problem that actually doesn't need such act (move on from childhood crush).
Then drama happened, the cause is she come to Nino, talking to latter about doesn't deserve the victory "because we're family" which of course make Nino mad.

With that, I myself can't see Yotsuba as someone truly caring to her sisters.
This drama alone, if she truly care about her family, she should understand Nino personality enough to not made stupid remark in front of her. On using "family" reason, Itsuki is more respectable as she immediately stop such thought and back to the focus of her career.

Yotsuba ended up as hypocrite compare to the rest.
All the talk about family and sisters when her action hardly match it.
Old 2020-01-20, 22:42   Link #5150
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And this basically hurts Nino because since the start of the series she has been the one who loves all the quints.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 00:17   Link #5151
Chosen_Hero

It hurts the three oldest sisters because they actually put some sort of effort into their relationship with Fuutarou and lost while all Yotsuba did was run away and gather pity points from the very beginning.

Ichika got rewarded with character suicide with an assist from Yotsuba who told her to be her old self again. Nino got nothing but one sided flirting and Miku got rewarded for all of her effort from the beginning of the series up ro rhis point by having all of it be ignored by Fuutarou who knew, retconned Negi who clearly didn't like how popular she was and stolen by Yotsuba the hypocrite that claimed to be "supporting" her sisters.

There is nothing equal about any of this, the title itself is a fucking lie. Yotsuba won due to writer interference, not because it made sense and in universe she was just handed the win while she ran away while the others feelings got completely ignored.

These current chapter are nothing more than Yotsuba and Negi throwing her victory in their faces, meanwhile they can't say anything because just like you saw with Nino, they either will look like the bad guy, look like sore losers or end up looking worse in front of Fuutarou while Yotsuba ends up reaping the rewards.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2020-01-21 at 00:43.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 02:50   Link #5152
devil_slayer

^Don't you ever get tired of complaining about the writing? Writing has been shit for a while, I say just enjoy what left from the journey and meme about the rest.

Personally I am fine with anything as it's not Itsuki so yeah.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 03:20   Link #5153
WingedAccelerator

Pause for a second.

So Volume 13 has breakfast themed character introductions. In the volume, where Mudou appears and has that vision of Itsuki being identical to Rena, crushes the lollipop with his mouth seeing her, Negi makes Itsuki's character introduction state that she likes having oyakodon for breakfast...
Old 2020-01-21, 04:06   Link #5154
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Pause for a second.

So Volume 13 has breakfast themed character introductions. In the volume, where Mudou appears and has that vision of Itsuki being identical to Rena, crushes the lollipop with his mouth seeing her, Negi makes Itsuki's character introduction state that she likes having oyakodon for breakfast...
Dude wtf....
Old 2020-01-21, 05:00   Link #5155
Lex79

Quote:
Pause for a second.

Thanks for giving me a new nightmare.
Old 2020-01-21, 06:50   Link #5156
WingedAccelerator

Negi put the fetishes in either in a concealed way or not so concealed way.
Ichika is an actress. Instant jokes about spreading her legs for roles. Has kissing roles. Turns out she can only kiss girls right now, she is not ready for more.
Nino gushes at sight of 12 years old punk, who is her type.
Miku likes sengoku generals and words it that her preference is old men with wide facial hair.
Yotsuba has Eba, who shows clear signs of being a lesbian.
Itsuki has this cursed example.
Fuutarou held the picture of a 12 years old girl in his handbook for ages, supposedly was in love with her in the present as well for a long time. He also has Takeda, who shows clear signs of being gay for him.
The incident of Mudou and Rena.
Papa Nakano being a cuck.
Old 2020-01-21, 06:58   Link #5157
Chosen_Hero

^You forgot the part where Fuutarou describes his own little sister as his perfect woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
^Don't you ever get tired of complaining about the writing? Writing has been shit for a while, I say just enjoy what left from the journey and meme about the rest.

Personally I am fine with anything as it's not Itsuki so yeah.
No, bad writing is bad writing and I will call it out as much as I want, whenever I want, as many times as I want and if you don't like it then you can easily ignore it and move on. Not all of us are gullible enough to just accept the bs being shoved into our faces.
Old 2020-01-21, 07:39   Link #5158
devil_slayer

Dunno. It just bothers me a little to see you write walls of text complaining and whining about the series every time I visit the thread every few days. Of course, you are free to whine and complain however you want no one can stop you but I think you are giving the story too much credit at this point.

Even I "A casual reader" can tell the quality has fallen quite a bit. It doesn't mean I am gullible I am just enjoying what I can enjoy from what is left.

I didn't mean to sound rude. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Quote:
Negi put the fetishes in either in a concealed way or not so concealed way.
Ichika is an actress. Instant jokes about spreading her legs for roles. Has kissing roles. Turns out she can only kiss girls right now, she is not ready for more.
Nino gushes at sight of 12 years old punk, who is her type.
Miku likes sengoku generals and words it that her preference is old men with wide facial hair.
Yotsuba has Eba, who shows clear signs of being a lesbian.
Itsuki has this cursed example.
Fuutarou held the picture of a 12 years old girl in his handbook for ages, supposedly was in love with her in the present as well for a long time. He also has Takeda, who shows clear signs of being gay for him.
The incident of Mudou and Rena.
Papa Nakano being a cuck.
It reminds me of Obito throwing the world to a big war because his childhood crush died

I think Fuutarou was just fantasizing about the idea of Lolikano and how she changed his life instead of just "being in love with her" literally.
Old 2020-01-21, 08:33   Link #5159
Sixth
Hu Tao

You guys should stop hating Yotsuba.

**Waving Yotsuba's flag**

On a serious note, Negi should have omitted the Itsuki's feeling out from these 2 chapters and made her the only quint that has no feeling on Fuu.

Except for padding purpose, I really don't see the purpose of Itsuki's feelings in these 2 chapters.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 08:37   Link #5160
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
You guys should stop hating Yotsuba.

**Waving Yotsuba's flag**

On a serious note, Negi should have omitted the Itsuki's feeling out from these 2 chapters and made her the only quint that has no feeling on Fuu.

Except for padding purpose, I really don't see the purpose of Itsuki's feelings in these 2 chapters.
It's so people can stop the "4 toubon no hanayome" meme.

I am in the same boat as everyone else saying that this development was unnecessary but I guess Negi just wanted some pandering.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck