AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-21, 00:21   Link #21
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Liked that Chiyuki has no problem showing her chest, but her under regions is where she gets to still act modest.
Spoiler for Missed good opportunity for a wall spam here:
I viewed that as a vocal Kabedon .
Old 2020-01-24, 21:01   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What a fantastically uplifting episode. I love this show to bits.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-24, 21:39   Link #23
Frontier

Chiyuki thought she was fine with baring it all for fashion, but even she's uncomfortable with Ikuto looking under her skirt .

If Chiyuki is any indication, more models should strike a pose and Smile at the Runway .

Yanagida praised and acknowledged Ikuto in his own way, and even got to see some of himself in Ikuto's drive to be a fashion designer. Looks like Ikuto might have a job there after all .

Nothing makes a person's career choice more worth it then when you inspire someone and make them feel better about themselves .

Is stern, short-haired, lady's role in this series going to be giving our protagonists a reality check? I mean, yeah, they might have let it go to their heads, so they probably needed it...but she maybe could've been a little more tactful? She's also in the Ending, looking as cold as ever .
Old 2020-01-25, 20:44   Link #24
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
While I was looking forward to this show because of the subject matter (I have a degree in fashion design, but sadly din't work in the industry), I wasn't expecting to like it this much. As Guardian Enzo pointed out it's a very uplifting, little engine that could type of show. So, I'm here for it.
Old 2020-01-25, 22:48   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And I’m just the opposite. Know nothing about fashion and never felt that curious about it. But that gulf never stopped a show from appealing to me before if the writing was good enough.
Old 2020-01-26, 16:40   Link #26
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

So the MC basically has gotten to see the model naked, albeit while she was still clothed. Lucky him! But in the name of professionalism and time constraints, the embarrassment was quickly pushed aside as "the show must go on". I would imagine nudity becomes just a normal thing to see as the flurry of dressing and undressing desensitizes everyone.

I know nothing about the runway/fashion industry. Are models completely naked except for the garment they are showcasing on the runway? Also, are people that catty/jealous in the industry? There were a lot of demoralizing comments made to our two MC's.

Btw, good save on both their parts (him where the broken heal led to the reveal of the butterfly wings, and her for covering up the garment at a weak spot).

Finally, is the girl in glasses another main character where we will see her story and point of view develop? I hope the show does a parallel development of her and the other two and have them converge at some point later on.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-27, 00:05   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I know nothing about the runway/fashion industry. Are models completely naked except for the garment they are showcasing on the runway? Also, are people that catty/jealous in the industry? There were a lot of demoralizing comments made to our two MC's.
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-runway-...a-fashion-show

Narratively, the demoralising comments are there to be the tension element for the conflict, and also to ground the fact that the 2 of them, in the most rational of sense - have no place doing what they're supposed to be doing which is an amateur high-school designer wannabe redesigning a professional runway dress meant for a much taller model to a short one.

I mean, it's a shonen anime after all. It's setting up a bunch of unrealistic coincidences to give the chance for the protagonist to shine.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-27, 01:49   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I could not possibly know less about modeling, but the impression I got was that the "no underwear" part only applied above the waist.
Old 2020-01-27, 14:03   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I could not possibly know less about modeling, but the impression I got was that the "no underwear" part only applied above the waist.
Yeah, and when Ikuto turned to look at the other models, the undressed ones still had panties on (and identical, so maybe they were standard issue for this kind of thing?).
Old 2020-01-27, 14:35   Link #30
Cloudedmind

Yes, going sans bra is pretty common as then you don't have to worry about a bra showing through an outfit, and becoming a distraction. Sometimes a model will even go sans underwear if the outfit calls for it. The model will generally know ahead of time because they should have already been fitted a day or so prior to the show.
Old 2020-01-27, 14:53   Link #31
LKK

I watched all 3 episodes these past 2 days based on the buzz I was reading here. They lived up to the talk I've been reading. The show joins my weekly watch queue.

I think this is the first time I've seen a product placement ad for a sewing machine in anime anything. I noticed that Brother Sewing Machine even got a credit reference in ep 3's ending credits.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-31, 21:17   Link #32
Frontier

Man, if a sister's looks could kill like Honoka's does .

Ichika is too sweet and cute for words though .

That's Houko Kawashima as their mom, right? Sounds like her .

It's nice seeing Ikuto find a way to fulfill his dream while also making money he can put away for his family, killing two birds with one stone .

Look at Chiyuki, pushing for them to get on a first name basis .

Kokoro seems like an interesting new addition to the cast. She's what Chiyuki wants to be, someone with great potential as a model who's already working professionally, but who actually wants to be a fashion designer. She also has a very big contrast to her "model" self and what she's like off-the-clock. I hope she and Chiykui get to meet soon .

I don't think most women would appreciate a guy hugging them, mentioning their three sizes or physique, and making random alterations to their clothes...but I guess if they're an expert designer with a pedigree like Toh, it's forgivable .

I thought Mai Ayano's faded hair was just because she seemed like an older woman, but judging by Toh's looks, it's genetic .

Ikuto still doesn't have the professional skills to go pro, but he has a keen eye for fashion and fabrics that helps him make up the difference and still impress. He's also a fast learner. He has huge potential just waiting to be realized. Which is probably why Toh wants to snag him away .
Old 2020-01-31, 21:48   Link #33
ghost013

This reeks of a single season only anime. The latest episode rushed through so many chapters, it seems like the direction is to cram as much of the source material in each episode. I would not be surprised if this never gets another season.
Old 2020-01-31, 22:01   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would be hugely shocked if it did.

This was the first time things did feel a bit rushed to me. And the whole bit with the sisters (especially the moeblob) was very sappy and overwrought. But I still loved the B-part.
Old 2020-01-31, 23:03   Link #35
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The part with the sisters seemed very sudden. To me, it distracted from the main plot of this week's episode. Toh Ayano is both talented and devious.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-01, 00:25   Link #36
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I would be hugely shocked if it did.

This was the first time things did feel a bit rushed to me. And the whole bit with the sisters (especially the moeblob) was very sappy and overwrought. But I still loved the B-part.
It didn't feel much different from the emotional stuff in past episodes, although I don't think "cute little girl" automatically equals moeblob so maybe it's just a different strokes thing .
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
The part with the sisters seemed very sudden. To me, it distracted from the main plot of this week's episode. Toh Ayano is both talented and devious.
I didn't feel it came off as sudden since we set up Ikuto's family dynamic in episode 1, so they were basically just following it up here.
Old 2020-02-01, 00:35   Link #37
Cloudedmind

And the part with the sisters was probably my favorite, because the general situation rang very true to me. I've had very similar moments with my own siblings, and my parents. Honesty, this was me and my mom two days ago with my mom in Ikuto's roll, and me in Honoka's. So, yeah that part really resonated with me.
Old 2020-02-01, 22:45   Link #38
Wandering Soul

Count me in as someone else that liked the part with the sisters. It was an expected reaction to Ikuto's new job and pushed forward his family situation too.
Old 2020-02-08, 00:19   Link #39
Frontier

I guess even someone who's working professionally and seems tailor-made for their career can be an underdog when their passion ends up lying in another area of the industry. But Kokoro is working hard to make it as a designer on her own terms, so I'm definitely rooting for her .

Man, nobody voices cold, domineering, women like Yuko Kaida .

Ugh, it's this girl again. Kaoru. But at least now I'm kind of growing to appreciate her just a tiny bit. She's got a strong pride and looks down on Ikuto for aiming as high as he is at his age, and for his involvement in the fashion show, but she's able to act professionally about it and wants to beat him fair and square. She's even-handed, if nothing else .

I get that everyone's rivals vying to win the competition, but c'mon. Common courtesy doesn't need to seem beneath you .

Chiyuki is certainly...flexible. As uncomfortable as it makes Ikuto, most guys would probably kill to be able to catch Chiyuki dressed like that and stretching as she does .

I thought Sara was your typical bubbly, airheaded, model but Chiyuki painted a much more interesting picture of someone who struggled with similar issues of height who managed to make it profesionally and craft a strong public persona to go along with what they're like as a model. It kind of emphasizes that models are kind of acting in a sense, having to tone down themselves to help embody the clothes they wear .

Jeez, Chiyuki's feet after wearing those heels for so long. Models really do die for their fashion .
Old 2020-02-08, 20:56   Link #40
Wandering Soul

Karou may be a bit standoffish, but she's just someone aiming for the top like everyone else. The fact that she declares her intention beat Ikuto fair and square shows that on some level she does acknowledge him.

Tags
modeling, slice of life