Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-02-05, 04:16   Link #5241
TheWay2Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Ichinose SS vol 11.75

Looking forward to seeing her break down when she finds out about Kiyokei.
I think she friendzoned Kiyo, look at that dialogue
“A very treasured friend, a very very important...”
Dunno that’s what i think
TheWay2Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 11:29   Link #5242
pervypig

Am I teh only one here who got annoyed at Kiyo for confessing to Kei when he don't even feel any compulsion driven by emotions? Ima starting to hate kiyo even more after this.

I mean, even that new director guy is calling him a "monster", one wonders how many kiyo's gonna sacrifice just so that he gets to stay in skool...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 12:47   Link #5243
Miso

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Am I teh only one here who got annoyed at Kiyo for confessing to Kei when he don't even feel any compulsion driven by emotions? Ima starting to hate kiyo even more after this.

I mean, even that new director guy is calling him a "monster", one wonders how many kiyo's gonna sacrifice just so that he gets to stay in skool...
Yes you are since I don't see how so you think he feels nothing for her. Also calling him a monster was for his abilities, not personality.
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 12:51   Link #5244
Jason25th

Quote:

At least it seemed to me he has positive feelings for her in volume 11.75...

He showed a cute side too.

Last edited by Jason25th; 2020-02-06 at 16:41.
Jason25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 14:30   Link #5245
Cinnamon

Quote:
Am I teh only one here who got annoyed at Kiyo for confessing to Kei when he don't even feel any compulsion driven by emotions?
Probably, as he has always been swayed by emotions despite what some people want others to believe.
Old 2020-02-05, 21:39   Link #5246
mikeallan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25th View Post
At least it seemed to me he has positive feelings for her in volume 11.75...

He showed a cute side too. He felt good talking about himself to someone else.
At this point kiyo only need a freedom not romance.. I think he need to settle things with his father to close it to start a relationship with Kei before she getting hurt at the end.. Good luck to all who believe in kiyo romance

Last edited by mikeallan; 2020-02-05 at 21:51.
mikeallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-05, 23:21   Link #5247
Jason25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeallan View Post
At this point kiyo only need a freedom not romance.. I think he need to settle things with his father to close it to start a relationship with Kei before she getting hurt at the end.. Good luck to all who believe in kiyo romance
Kiyo thought he needed his romance but hey I'm not saying they will get married and have three kids. He was enjoying himself (and being cute). Let's be a bit positive about him this time.
Jason25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 11:17   Link #5248
pervypig

^^^^
^^^
^^
^
I would welcome all your comments with open arms... but for the fact that he pretty much planned every single event in Vol 11.5 out with cold precision, taking care to seduce, or at least lead 2 other girls (3 if you consider that 'friend/date' thing and 1 guy, lol) by their noses just to make Kei jealous. The final chapter pretty much had him confessing to all that planning just to make Kei fall head over heels for him. If this is his 'genuine' confession - (and we're only at the start of Yr 2, btw...) - ima hardly holding my breath for 'monster love'.

Granted Kiyo might get 'swayed' by emotions and all, he's far too focused on surviving 3 yrs in the school. Not to mention that he pretty much said he knew he's gonna go back to good ol' daddy after 3 yrs... well, it's not like I expect him to go all mushy route, but all those scheming kinda makes you doubt what part of it is machination and what emotion.

P.S. By the way, I've no wish to tread on anyone's ship - whatever your ship, blessings to you - but this is my honest opinion of how I can't stand ayano-robot's schemes involving relationships. Some might find it tolerable, even refreshing, that we got an ultimate user MC, and I confess that I won't mind it much if you view it in the same vein as Light... but in those kinda stories the MC usually get their just dues. I just wonder how it would all end for this guy... and all those dubs he's been leading by the nose.

Last edited by pervypig; 2020-02-06 at 11:42.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 19:00   Link #5249
KnightShade

Frankly i find the circumstances leading up to v11.5's confession to be a breathe of fresh air. It's just the the right amount of grey without leaning too much towards either direction. it's not perfectly unrealistic or needlessly messy.

There's an endearing aspect in that he went through a lot of trouble and took a lot of unnecessary risks, but there is also a degree of underhanded methods being used that show that he is being swayed by his emotions. he's not a genius on romance and is dealing with this the only way he knows how to, and is quickly learning that cold precision and emotions don't mix. His underhanded methods ended up being unnecessary, which is something he realized by that point. And this will become even more obvious to him when he finds out that kei had fallen for him since the end of v7 long before any of his scheming started.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2020-02-07 at 18:09.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 09:13   Link #5250
Anemya

now, can anyone share some scene of kiyokei in vol 12?
Old 2020-02-07, 11:15   Link #5251
Ahmed sparta

The conversation between ayanokouji and horikita after the test. I hope someone will make a decent translation for it.

「オレにどんな用件ですか?」

「最後の方の問題は、晋かれてある問題文すら理解できなかった。あんなもの今の私に解 けるはずないでしょう?いつになれば解けるのかすら検討もつかないのだから」

「測度論やルベーグ積分になってくると……多分大学とかになるんじゃないか?」

「……いいわ、聞いた私がバカだった」

「悔しいけれど、認めるわ。あなたを認めずにはいられないことが立て続けに2つも起 こってしまった。これ以上食って掛かると分がバカにしか思えなくなってしまうも」

「随分と冷たい反応だな。私の助けがなければ先日は 「そうですね。その節では助かりました」

「今日のところは帰るわ。また後日話をさせて」
Ahmed sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 15:47   Link #5252
Ichinotachi

Quote:

Of course you are the only one, you're like a broken record coming here to bash against kiyokei over and over, conveniently ignoring what is established in the light novel which is one thing, the fact that Kiyotaka always acted using his emotions and his brain, yeah he can be cold and manipulative but that's completely different from deluding yourself after so many volumes.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 15:56   Link #5253
LG-MAX 2.o

Volume 1 sold another 26.259 copies, totaling 71.661 copies sold so far.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 20:16   Link #5254
GPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed sparta View Post
「言い訳はしないわ。私は私に出来ることを精いっぱいやって、そして満足のいく点数を取れたも の」

「再戦を希望しないのか?」

「最後の方の問題は、かれてある問題文すら理解できなかった。あんなもの今の私に解 けるはずないでしょう?いつになれば解けるのかすら検討もつかないのだから」

「測度論やルベーグ積分になってくると……多分大学とかになるんじゃないか?」

「……いいわ、聞いた私がバカだった」

「悔しいけれど、認めるわ。あなたを認めずにはいられないことが立て続けに2つも起 こってしまった。これ以上食って掛かると分がバカにしか思えなくなってしまうも

「あなたが前に言っていた条件のことでーーー」

「ここにいたのか綾小路」

「オレにどんな用件ですか?」

「随分と冷たい反応だな。私の助けがなければ先日は大変だったんじゃないか?」

「そうですね。その節では助かりました」

「今日のところは帰るわ。また後日話をさせて」
A few typos and missing text...

Spoiler for Translation:

Last edited by GPMS; 2020-02-07 at 20:28.
GPMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 20:25   Link #5255
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeallan View Post
Who's the main heroine of this LN GUYS
Suzune is the true heroine.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 20:28   Link #5256
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMS View Post
A few typos and missing text...

Spoiler for Translation:
It is amazing how the translation is totally different when using google, lol.

It was so ridiculously absurd that I was curious about what it would look like in MTL. hahhahaha

Quote:
Suzune is the true heroine.
Perhaps in the future she will become the CEO of Ayanokouji Enterprises Corporations. While our MC has fun around the world.
Old 2020-02-07, 20:33   Link #5257
GPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
It is amazing how the translation is totally different when using google, lol.
Machine translation tends to be really bad, but all the bold text in my previous quote was missing text so maybe it's a bit better now?
GPMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 20:38   Link #5258
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
Of course you are the only one, you're like a broken record coming here to bash against kiyokei over and over, conveniently ignoring what is established in the light novel which is one thing, the fact that Kiyotaka always acted using his emotions and his brain, yeah he can be cold and manipulative but that's completely different from deluding yourself after so many volumes.
He's not the only one. I also hate the Kiyotaka/Kei dynamic due to Kiyotaka being a massive dick most of the time.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-07, 20:46   Link #5259
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMS View Post
Machine translation tends to be really bad, but all the bold text in my previous quote was missing text so maybe it's a bit better now?
Yeah, much better, but the google translation is still quite inferior and inaccurate. Humanity is already able to send space probes to asteroids with incredibly complex calculations, but it is nowhere near creating reliable online translators.
Old 2020-02-08, 01:11   Link #5260
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
He's not the only one. I also hate the Kiyotaka/Kei dynamic due to Kiyotaka being a massive dick most of the time.
Define most of the time. Calling him a massive dick implies that he does things to kei with malicious intent, which he hasn’t, or that he does truly fucked up things on a regular basis to kei, which he doesn’t. You basically have to ignore large portions of context to form that opinion.

It seriously feels like the people who say these things were expecting kiyopon to be the typical white knight self insert, and are triggered by their expectations being false.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller