AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-02-08, 21:53   Link #5301
Jason25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldec View Post
yeah throll white knight but he used ichinose million points to ensare ryuen was already a punch to your white knight statement much more the milgram experiment that he used to make kei karuizawa his pawn. ��
Dude, you clearly lacks in interpretation. If you read my post again, it will be very clear that I chose specific situations to compare with the shit treatment that Kei received

You're the one trying to make it look like those actions were driven by usefulness and other shits.

Ps: You can't compare Kiyo from vol 4-7 with the current Kiyo. He seems to have grown after Kei broke through his mindset during the rooftop scene.

Last edited by Jason25th; 2020-02-08 at 22:06.
Jason25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-09, 08:48   Link #5302
zoldec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25th View Post
Dude, you clearly lacks in interpretation. If you read my post again, it will be very clear that I chose specific situations to compare with the shit treatment that Kei received

You're the one trying to make it look like those actions were driven by usefulness and other shits.

Ps: You can't compare Kiyo from vol 4-7 with the current Kiyo. He seems to have grown after Kei broke through his mindset during the rooftop scene.
Dude my point is your bs description of him becoming WHITE KNIght wtf. I never said he did not change in the span of all the volume. I never even mention the the part of his essence because we never peered to his true character before the white room. just go read what cinnamons explained YOU CANNOT DESCRIBE HIM AS A SIMPLE BLACK AND WHITE. Because that white knight description alone counters all his scheme in the background I even mention parts and spoiler and you just fucking focus on his character after all those scheme him and all the things he has done. Which gives rise to your stupid white knight description of the mc wtf. I even mention parts of vol 11 just to wake hirata up that he never help hirata because he was his friend DId he help him outright before mie-chan no right? he helped hirata to stand up and part of him helping is because of hirata’s usefulness. DUDE LIKE LITERALLY IF AND ONLY IF HE WAS A WHITE KNIGHT I WOULD PROUDLY SAY HE WAS IF HE DID HELP YAMAUCHI AND HE NEVER DID ALL THOSE BACKGROUND SCHEMES IVE ALREADY MENTIONED THE ONE AND TRUE WHITE THAT YOU CAN CLARIFY AND PROUDLY SAY SHOULD ONLY BE ICHINOSE HONAMI ALONE.

BESIDES IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT HIS ESSENCE AFTER WHITE ROOM ITS CLEAR AS DAY HE PRIORITIZE HIMSELF THAT HE CAN SACRIFICE OTHER PEOPLE BUT THAT IN ITSELF IS NOT AN ESSENCE BUT A MODIFICATION OF HIS TRUE NATURE. EVEN AT VOL 11.5 THE OTHER ESSENCE YOU SAY IS HIM BEING HARDWORKING PERSON UPON HIS TALK WITH HORIKITA MANABU OTHER THAN THAT NO FUCKING WHITE KNIGHT ESSENCE.

if this is still not clear to you that his not white knight and still cant persuade you then be my guest and be totally ignorant describing him as white while the ln readers know his not.

Last edited by zoldec; 2020-02-09 at 09:11.
zoldec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-09, 08:57   Link #5303
Lancelot

Kiyo may not be a white knight, but his scenes with Ichinose are worthy of being in Mexican dramas.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-09, 08:59   Link #5304
Jason25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldec View Post
Dude my point is your bs description of him becoming WHITE KNIght wtf. I never said he did not change in the span of all the volume. I never even mention the the part of his essence because we never peered to his true character before the white room. just go read what cinnamons explained YOU CANNOT DESCRIBE HIM AS A SIMPLE BLACK AND WHITE. Because that description alone all his scheme in the background I even mention parts and spoiler and you just fucking focus on his character after all those scheme him and all the things he has done. Which gives rise to your stupid white knight description of the mc wtf.
Kiyo acted like a white knight in these situations. This is a fact. You just overreacted because you can't accept the fact that Kiyo is a nice guy and not your idealization of edgy mc that does everything for hidden reasons

If you stopped overreact because I called Kiyo a white knight in those situations, you'd realize that I was making a comparison with the shit treatment that Kei gets. So just stop bringing situations that I didn't bring in the first place. I never said he was a white knight when he did what he did to Kei.

Also, you should stop using capital letters. It's really unpleasant and you get triggered too easily
Old 2020-02-09, 09:17   Link #5305
zoldec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25th View Post
Kiyo acted like a white knight in these situations. This is a fact. You just overreacted because you can't accept the fact that Kiyo is a nice guy and not your idealization of edgy mc that does everything for hidden reasons

If you stopped overreact because I called Kiyo a white knight in those situations, you'd realize that I was making a comparison with the shit treatment that Kei gets. So just stop bringing situations that I didn't bring in the first place. I never said he was a white knight when he did what he did to Kei.

Also, you should stop using capital letters. It's really unpleasant and you get triggered too easily
dont worry dude got tired of explaining things to you because it seems useless to even insert spoilers and still be found not believable. besides i never mention him being edgy i described him as complex but from your desciption alone from what i have described the mc prooves to me that your close mindedness of what i was implying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Kiyo may not be a white knight, but his scenes with Ichinose are worthy of being in Mexican dramas.
mexican drama never watched one so far. the only thing mexican i think i watch was el pachino but not sure if it was really a mexican one.

Last edited by LKK; 2020-02-09 at 11:17. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
zoldec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-09, 09:34   Link #5306
Jason25th

Quote:
He could win the Oscar.
Old 2020-02-09, 17:14   Link #5307
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

There is a strange one-sidedness when talking about this novel. I questioned why Ryuuen didn't bring a knife to threaten Kei back before the release of volume 10, or something along those lines. However, this was shot down immediately by fans of Kei who assumed the novel was not going to take a twist like that.
Flash forward, and we got a ready-to-shank first year student.
Its tough discussing anything about the series because of these bullheaded people. You cannot speculate the meaning behind certain expressions, intent and all those sorts of things because it contradicts their headcanon they've set for themselves. Its tiring dealing with this, I cant get anywhere.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 09:22   Link #5308
pervypig

^ Amen, bro... I gave up and just talked about how I hate Kiyo in general, and somehow it ended up being 'anti-kiyokei' or whatever these fanboys call their pairings these days. But enuf 'bout that...

On a side note, I'm actually impressed that in Vol. 12 they explained how the school actually came about - and that they accept ANYONE without prejudice of their grades even. That explains why many of the kids are actually fighting so very hard to stay in that high school even though it hardly deserves to be even called a high school - most of them prolly got skeletons in their closets any way.

Oh, and kiyo-papa is a member of the parliament apparently... shoulda known.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 10:34   Link #5309
Miso

Funny that you two agree, when most of your posts are absoulute nonsense and I see you as the two edgelords whose opinion is absoulutly irrelevant. You comparing Housen and Ryuuen is just that idiotic. Ryuuen may be a violent guy, but his actions are usually well hidden while this Housen guy is an joke. I mean his plan had some logic to it, but his actions of hitting Horikita, choking Ibuki is just edgy so I am not suprised you are out of the woodwork since you love this stuff right.
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 11:15   Link #5310
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
I wonder if Kiyo learned to dance Salsa or Tango in the White Room. He supposedly learned to play the piano, I don't think it's impossible to have learned to dance.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-10, 12:47   Link #5311
KnightShade

Anyone who payed any attention to how ryuen operates could see why he wouldn’t use a knife in the situation with kei. But apparently understanding context and characterization makes you a kei fanboy
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 07:30   Link #5312
Peru Jackson

From what I've seen. Ryuen cares about his classmates and intends to take them all up to A Class through the means of Buying everyone there. That's why his strategy from the beginning is to make as much money as possible (forming all those contracts and etc). Ichinose will prob save up money and betray her class to go to 50%. Kiyo is prob keeping them in to in fight against themselves while D class slips to the top. Housen seems like he doesnt care what means he has to climb to Class A, even if it means leaving his own class behind.

Also, i feel as though Horikita will outshine Kiyo not in academics or braums, but in the strategy she implements. She's already grown so much and even Kiyo has underestimated her, which is one of the few times that Kiyo has ever messed up in his plans.
Peru Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 09:16   Link #5313
devil_slayer

Is there a translation of the Kiyo vs the new kid scene yet?

Also, Kiyo and Kei. I wonder what fucked up thought he had while he was with her.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 09:30   Link #5314
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Is there a translation of the Kiyo vs the new kid scene yet?

Also, Kiyo and Kei. I wonder what fucked up thought he had while he was with her.
Spoiler for Kiyo SS:

Old 2020-02-11, 09:51   Link #5315
devil_slayer

That was surprisingly normal...
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 11:50   Link #5316
tsunade666

kiyopon wanted to have a normal life outside of WR.
Old 2020-02-11, 12:34   Link #5317
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Spoiler for Kiyo SS:

The right moment when a mindless hater got btfo
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 13:09   Link #5318
pervypig

A real test of what 'love' would be like would be, when given a choice between Kei and dropping out, what kiyo would do. Given the 1st person narrative of the series, I hardly consider whatever kiyo says as reliable.

Yeah, I concede that he has emotions: anger/annoyance towards his papa and his cronies, gratitude towards his friends, fear over getting sold out and kicked out, pride over being the 'only survivor' of the white room etc. etc. But when it comes down to it all, one ALWAYS comes back to what he prioritized the most: self-preservation (or the chance of gaining an upper hand).

Consider Ryuen - guy doesn't even care any more about whether he'd get kicked out after he got defeated by Ayano, dumping all the points that he had been saving to his cronies. Yusuke practically ASKED to be sacrificed for the class. Arisu? She cares enough to save her 'childhood friend' ayano, if only so that she can play chess against him (even though her sense of values are pretty warped as well). Ichinose is willing to date Nagumo in order to get enough points to save anyone in her class. Are these all perfect humans? Hardly, but those are genuine emotions.

But look at Ayano - granted that he is still a 'work-in-progress' in regards to emotional development - practically every single thing that he has or is doing is geared towards self-preservation. Would you dare lay a bet that he wouldn't continue to lead girls on willingly AND knowingly, even if he and kei is now an item, just so that he can survive 3 yrs of high school? Would you bet that in the next 2 yrs, he would hide his relationship with kei in order to appear single, just so that he can manipulate the opposite sex? People can say whatever they want about experimental love and immaturity and so on, but this guy has practically wrote the book on psychology.

Of course, it's not as though I blaming him for it all, one has to have reasons after all, in order to be a 'hater' as people call it. But, judging from the past volumes, one can hardly be optimistic. I mean, who would stuff leaflets about an ally embezzling class funds just to manipulate an enemy, or who would purposely wait an extra hour while his ally is getting bullied on the top of the school's roof in winter, or spread more rumors about his classmates just to hide his identity (yes, I know Arisu started it, but Kiyo made it worse - collateral damage be damned).

And it's not as though I can't see the good things he did for his friends either, saving Airi and others, but one wonders how much of it went to self-preservation again. As I said, what I hate was his manipulation of relationship, but people are, as always, both blind and 'mindless', so anything goes, I guess, that's my 2 cents.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 13:46   Link #5319
Lancelot

Afaik it was Kei who said to keep the relationship a secret, not Kiyo.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 13:58   Link #5320
tsunade666

-_- if akumanokouji only prioritize himself, rooftop scene in vol 7 won't happen. He already prepared everything and cut off Kei but he still saved her, whatever silly notions that Kiyopon said to himself, saving Kei at that point wasn't something that would be a plus on himself, heck, it manage to be a minus in some point because he was revealed to Ryuuen. He just salvage the event by using what already happen to be useful but that didn't occur to him when he saved that girl.

Plus, kiyopon doesn't want to hide their relationship, heck he didn't care what others says, only Kei worries it.

there are tons of screw loose on ankokunokouji and that is easy to understand because his upbringing isn't normal.

I won't also call akumanokouji as whiteknight. from the perspective of the ones being saved, yes, probably, maybe. But. as reader, I won't call him that.

His abnormal and normal to me. his abnormal that is trying to be normal from my pov. he knows he has problems but in this time after being freed from WR, he wants to have a normal highschool life which is why he is fighting against his father, even knowing its helpless after graduating, he wants to protect his current lifestyle as much as he can.

but after graduating, unless he had a powerful backer to stop his father's connection. WR is the only options. Remember, his father is a politician that ones runs for prime minister but lost and even plans for Kiyopon to become the next prime minister. this one has lots of connection that he has body guards 24/7 because lots of people want him dead.

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller