AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-02-25, 01:46   Link #721
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
The problem is that Ishibumi largely centers this series on the devils so there's only so much he can invest in angels and fallen angels. And not to mention that Heaven and the Church are two separate parts of the same whole and the human exorcists of the Church count as their forces. Same goes for the Sacred Gear possessors under Grigori.

The Brave Saints system is already a major power-up for the Heaven-Church side. The problem isn't that they are weak it's just that this is a series that almost exclusively focuses on the devils' side. And we're lucky if we get tidbits of any info about other factions besides the devils.

We really need a spin-off.
Rather than a spin off, a third series would be the only thing to flesh out Heaven side. While I haven't read it yet, Slash Dog should be doing something similar for the Grigori.

Regardless, while I do know its DxD (Focusing on Dragons and Devils), and I'm not a hater of Issei or Vali in the least, but I doubt any of the spin-offs / series will create characters as strong as either of them, which is a shame when it was supposed to be the "3 Factions Alliance" and it seems the Devils will always be at the top of this alliance, strength-wise at least. (This is just my minor pet peeve. Disregard it of you don't agree.)
Old 2020-02-25, 01:46   Link #722
Lilaca M Noorlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Meister View Post
So with the info on the spoilers how many characters will Ishibumi needs to power up to above Great Red/Ophis tier for Team DxD to stand a chance against the Invaders
Hyodou Issei, Vali Lucyfer, Sairoarg Bael, Cao Cao, Kanzaki Mitsuya, Dulio Gesualdo, and Tobio Ikuse will become stronger than Great Red
Lilaca M Noorlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 02:36   Link #723
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Shin DxD V5 illustrations predictions <some>.
1. Ise vs Diehauser
2. Ravel x Issei {lewd}
3. Roygun
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 02:47   Link #724
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
Shin DxD V5 illustrations predictions <some>.
1. Ise vs Diehauser
2. Ravel x Issei {lewd}
3. Roygun
1. Bennia or Ravel(cover)

2. Issei and his current servants(colored illustration)

3. Roygun in nurse's outfit

4. issei vs Diehauser

5. Lewd and nude Ravel

6. Verrine(Shooting for the moon here I know)
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 02:57   Link #725
Hakai

1. No illustration

Ishi reveals in the afterword Miyama's busy with the new novel Miyama started working on recently.
Old 2020-02-25, 03:01   Link #726
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
1. No illustration

Ishi reveals in the afterword Miyama's busy with the new novel Miyama started working on recently.
said new novel is called Anthology of a Tentacle Loli
Old 2020-02-25, 03:57   Link #727
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaca M Noorlight View Post
Hyodou Issei, Vali Lucyfer, Sairoarg Bael, Cao Cao, Kanzaki Mitsuya, Dulio Gesualdo, and Tobio Ikuse will become stronger than Great Red
It is impossible and without a logic.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 04:39   Link #728
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Damn, its been so long since I read volume 1 that it might have slipped my mind then. Really been wanting to read Slash Dog for a while. Maybe I should move that up the 'ol backlog.

Agreed. One idea that could, potentially, be a quick and effective power up is if the suits actually have an added effect based on the class they were based on. So for those unaware, that should be Clergy for Hearts (Healers / Support), Merchants for Diamonds, Nobility for Clubs (Leaders / Tacticians) and Knights/Soldier for Spades (Combat).

Would be cool if Azazel finally gives up on not reincarnating people and introduces one, if only to bolster their forces slightly for the incoming war (Too many good members are still stuck as being human - along with the weakness that come with that). The Major / Minor Arcana? Shogi?

. . . But this is DxD. I should keep my expectations in check.

You see, that reads as them being akin to glorified Idols from what I read from that, so again, that doesn't inherently mean that they are beyond Ultimate in social standing, just a "special" case, as the name would apply. Most likely we'll be getting more information on the implications of this position in future volumes, as it can never be as straight forward as it seems, considering the people in charge in the background. So this is all my preliminary thoughts.
Tell me the logic to create another class if it was not better or higher than an ultimate class.
It has been said that they have too power, influence and popolarity to be an ultimate class like the others devils. This is why they have a special class.
Special because they are more important, the ultimate class was not enough for their achievements. You can’t compare the influence of Issei/vali with that of Rias, Sona ecc.
Old 2020-02-25, 05:29   Link #729
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Class is a form of rank. A new class <Special-class> was introduced for Vali and Issei (and in future for others) because Ultimate-class was not enough for their achievements. It is a rank for devils who are very powerful (more so than Ultimate-class devils): attaining great achievements by defending the Underworld, who also can influence the devil's society and politics.
Old 2020-02-25, 05:54   Link #730
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
Class is a form of rank. A new class <Special-class> was introduced for Vali and Issei (and in future for others) because Ultimate-class was not enough for their achievements. It is a rank for devils who are very powerful (more so than Ultimate-class devils): attaining great achievements by defending the Underworld, who also can influence the devil's society and politics.
But they can not influence only the underworld but every mythology. it would be legated in part for the results of the Rating game.

I can already see who will be the future devils that will reach the special class.
Old 2020-02-25, 08:04   Link #731
Lucidrago

Special-class devil: You have influence equal to or even surpassing a Maou's without actually being one. Not just in the Underworld but other mythological factions.
Old 2020-02-25, 09:36   Link #732
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
But they can not influence only the underworld but every mythology. it would be legated in part for the results of the Rating game.

I can already see who will be the future devils that will reach the special class.
That is what the spoilers say, you cannot contradict a range so soon that we have so little information and we can only be guided by what has been said.

Remember that Issei was planned to be the eighth maou called satan?

Last edited by godz; 2020-02-25 at 10:27.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 10:27   Link #733
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
1.Miyama's busy with the new novel Miyama started working on recently.
MIYAMA WORKING?? WTF..
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 17:40   Link #734
Draigathar

from what i heard he's working on the new novel "Rebirth of Devil King Juliet" from the author of (Ecstas Online, Masou Gakuen Hybrid x Heart and Maou Gakuen no Hangyakusha)
Draigathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-26, 00:36   Link #735
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Tell me the logic to create another class if it was not better or higher than an ultimate class.
It has been said that they have too power, influence and popolarity to be an ultimate class like the others devils. This is why they have a special class.
Special because they are more important, the ultimate class was not enough for their achievements. You can’t compare the influence of Issei/vali with that of Rias, Sona ecc.
Well, its not completely unheard for special titles and positions to be created for individuals (for whatever circumstances), yet not provide any power order or influence, like a honorary noble, for example.

But I digress. As you and others have pointed out, it was stated that the position does have significant pull, even more than a ultimate class, so I' can only agree with that for now.
Old 2020-02-26, 03:30   Link #736
Lucidrago

So since Issei now has a rank surpassing Ultimate-class devil, when will he receive a territory in the Underworld? Almost forgot about that. And I wonder how many people will want to move there once it's established.
Old 2020-02-26, 03:56   Link #737
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
So since Issei now has a rank surpassing Ultimate-class devil, when will he receive a territory in the Underworld? Almost forgot about that. And I wonder how many people will want to move there once it's established.
A city will be built in his honour named "Oppai City" which he'll govern
£100 pounds to me if such a thing happens!
Old 2020-02-26, 05:58   Link #738
bashkim1234

Why the government promoted the rockie 4 into ultimate-class devil . Rias and Sairaorg deserved but the others did not derserved.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-26, 07:51   Link #739
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
Why the government promoted the rockie 4 into ultimate-class devil . Rias and Sairaorg deserved but the others did not derserved.
Why didn't they deserve it? Because they aren't in the main cast as Rias or aren't as powerful as Sairaorg?
Old 2020-02-26, 07:56   Link #740
Hakai

Sona(and her servants) gets promoted for just being near Gremory/Ise when they're getting shit done

Seek-chan gets promoted for her huge tits