AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-03-16, 06:45   Link #761
saucerKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Dragons aren't the least bit humanoid so having one in his haren really wouldn't work out unless we're into full bestiality all of a sudden. And they were just born. That's kind of weird.

I really see no reason why Bova would have to be with Asia. Her affinity with dragons wouldn't grant him any special abilities or anything. He would be far more likely to join Xenovia's peerage due to them both having bold, up-front personalities.

But when Vali talked to Issei in Volume 22 about the importance of having people under him that aren't his servants, I felt like that sealed the deal for Bova, Elmenheide, Ouryuu, and Roygun.

So Bova is almost guaranteed to just be under Issei and not be anybody's servant. He did say he would be Issei's fang.

I mean is there any specific reason for Bova to become a devil?

I believe that if Ishibumi has waited this long to give Issei even one pawn, he's only going to have one at this point who requires all 8 pieces.

It just feels that Le Fay and Elmenheide would have become devils by now if that was Ishibumi's plan.
some dragons can have human forms, case in point ophis apophis and tiamat so that might be a skill that dragons above a certain level can acquire but is not seen much

IMO it makes more sense for bova to join asia peerage due to her dragon affinity than xenovia just because both are bold, neither give him an advantage at all but makes more sense that he will get along more whit asia. still i agree that he should just remain as a direct subordinate and maybe one day get his own peerage, for asia just have fafnir as a peerage member along whit her dragons and others she can tame later, maybe that way fafnir will ask for her panties less... okay forget that last part

oryuu and elmenhilde i doubt would be subordinates, i think it would fit better for them to simply stay as friends and lover respectively while making progress in their own group

is not bova a devil already? unless he was born before tanin became a devil-dragon himself he should be a devil-dragon too

i think is better if elmenhilde remains a vampire, whit le fay i still dont see why everyone insist on her being a devil, lifespan is meaningless at this point when there are a bazillion ways for her to extend it in a world where all myths are true
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 07:48   Link #762
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
some dragons can have human forms, case in point ophis apophis and tiamat so that might be a skill that dragons above a certain level can acquire but is not seen much

IMO it makes more sense for bova to join asia peerage due to her dragon affinity than xenovia just because both are bold, neither give him an advantage at all but makes more sense that he will get along more whit asia. still i agree that he should just remain as a direct subordinate and maybe one day get his own peerage, for asia just have fafnir as a peerage member along whit her dragons and others she can tame later, maybe that way fafnir will ask for her panties less... okay forget that last part

oryuu and elmenhilde i doubt would be subordinates, i think it would fit better for them to simply stay as friends and lover respectively while making progress in their own group

is not bova a devil already? unless he was born before tanin became a devil-dragon himself he should be a devil-dragon too

i think is better if elmenhilde remains a vampire, whit le fay i still dont see why everyone insist on her being a devil, lifespan is meaningless at this point when there are a bazillion ways for her to extend it in a world where all myths are true
The problem is that humans live for like 80 or 90 years while Issei and most of those around him will live for thousands if not more. We've only seen supernatural beings having extremely long lifespans, not humans.

If there were a bazillion ways for humans to live basically forever while staying completely human, wouldn't someone have used it by now?

Asia and Bova have had basically no interaction. Having an affinity with dragons would be moot with Bova as he's basically Issei's retainer at the moment. Her affinity with dragons has to do with her making contracts with dragons and making them her familiars.

There's no point in Asia forming a connection with a dragon that is basically already on their side. And besides she already has Fafnir as her familiar. Plus 4 Evil Dragons. And Rassei. I can't see why Bova would need to be with Asia or anything.

Perhaps the children of reincarnated devils only inherit their parents' original species and traits they were born with.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 08:03   Link #763
saucerKing

Quote:
The problem is that humans live for like 80 or 90 years while Issei and most of those around him will live for thousands if not more. We've only seen supernatural beings having extremely long lifespans, not humans.

If there were a bazillion ways for humans to live basically forever while staying completely human, wouldn't someone have used it by now?

Asia and Bova have had basically no interaction. Having an affinity with dragons would be moot with Bova as he's basically Issei's retainer at the moment. Her affinity with dragons has to do with her making contracts with dragons and making them her familiars.

There's no point in Asia forming a connection with a dragon that is basically already on their side. And besides she already has Fafnir as her familiar. Plus 4 Evil Dragons. And Rassei. I can't see why Bova would need to be with Asia or anything.

Perhaps the children of reincarnated devils only inherit their parents' original species and traits they were born with.
not everyone has the strongest red dragon emperor and white dragon emperor to ask for help, many times the youth exixirs like panacea has gods either literally guarding it or smiting anyone who gets their hand on it. whit all the connections issei has im sure that asking some gods to make something that makes le fay live longer is not that hard. why no one tried it so far? well lets be honest in DxD we see that people never tried things that seem obvious, like a BG user talking to ddraig

neither do asia and xenovia, in fact the only guy who has any interaction whit him aside of issei are nakiri and crom. i agree that he should simply stay a retainer to issei.

well asia now has evil pieces now right? so i think it would be better to fill it whit her dragons than to make up new characters. still this could very well be foreshadowing for the next series in the DxD world which could take place in the future so everyone has peerage already, would be cool to see whoever the future MC would be meeting an older asia and her peerage

they probably still retain the devil part but very likely on lesser parts, bova probably has a weakness to holy elements but since this is bova he can muscle trough.
Old 2020-03-16, 08:29   Link #764
Giuseppe1234

Asia in the first place has declined the evil pieces, this mean that she does not want a peerage.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 08:31   Link #765
saucerKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Asia in first place has declined the evil pieces, this mean that she does not want a peerage.
okay then my bad

still think asia having a peerage full of dragons would be dop
Old 2020-03-16, 08:34   Link #766
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Those who declined are - Asia, Akeno, Yuuto, Koneko and Rossweisse.

Those who accepted are - Alivian, Gasper, Tsubaki, Genshirou and Xenovia.
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 08:35   Link #767
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
okay then my bad

still think asia having a peerage full of dragons would be dop
Well, Asia has already a contract will Fafnir who is a dragon king. Therefore she is in a situation very good, counting other 4 evil dragon to take care and Rassei (potential dragon king maybe). You can consider this as a peerage.

Even because she will be very busy in the future with all the sons of issei to grow up
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 09:05   Link #768
saucerKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Well, Asia has already a contract will Fafnir who is a dragon king. Therefore she is in a situation very good, counting other 4 evil dragon to take care and Rassei (potential dragon king maybe). You can consider this as a peerage.

Even because she will be very busy in the future with all the sons of issei to grow up
it makes you think you know, raising two kids is hard but raising the who knows how many kids of issei? damn, when she gets the typical "1# mom in the world" mug she will deserve it
Old 2020-03-16, 13:17   Link #769
Lucidrago

Quote:
not everyone has the strongest red dragon emperor and white dragon emperor to ask for help, many times the youth exixirs like panacea has gods either literally guarding it or smiting anyone who gets their hand on it. whit all the connections issei has im sure that asking some gods to make something that makes le fay live longer is not that hard. why no one tried it so far? well lets be honest in DxD we see that people never tried things that seem obvious, like a BG user talking to ddraig

neither do asia and xenovia, in fact the only guy who has any interaction whit him aside of issei are nakiri and crom. i agree that he should simply stay a retainer to issei.

well asia now has evil pieces now right? so i think it would be better to fill it whit her dragons than to make up new characters. still this could very well be foreshadowing for the next series in the DxD world which could take place in the future so everyone has peerage already, would be cool to see whoever the future MC would be meeting an older asia and her peerage

they probably still retain the devil part but very likely on lesser parts, bova probably has a weakness to holy elements but since this is bova he can muscle trough.
If Bova was a devil, it would have said so. Again maybe if two reincarnated devils have a child, the child doesn't come out a devil but whatever his parents were originally.
Old 2020-03-16, 19:16   Link #770
Itsmepatrick

I hope his other rook or his pawn is from the FxF world or better if she's from ExE world
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 22:38   Link #771
Lucidrago

Options for Issei's servants:

1. Thor's demigod daughter that wields a Mjolnir replica

2. Half-Asura, half-human

3. Werewolf-vampire cross-breed hybrid

4. Momiji Nakiri with Telos Karma(and Ouryuu's blessing of course unless she's never going to be seen in DxD or is going to be Ouryuu's third wife)

5. Sefaira Seraselbes

#4 is unlikely. For some reason I suspect Momiji to Ouryuu will be like how Valerie is to Gasper. And before anyone says they're relatives, there's Suzaku suggesting that Tobio marry her to rejoin the clan in Slash Dog Volume 3 and a marriage interview was set up between him and the head of Himejima.
Old 2020-03-16, 23:51   Link #772
godz

I think you forget that momiji is with kanzaki and kanzaki is also a protagonist of the dxd universe (the first and the most unknown)

the fifth option is the only possible one out of 5 and the busty blonde elf that ichie once said on twitter...but if I had to choose from your options I lean towards option 2, a half asura is a very interesting option (the same if you don't have it issei, would be fine as queen of saji)
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-17, 01:21   Link #773
saucerKing

Quote:
Options for Issei's servants:

1. Thor's demigod daughter that wields a Mjolnir replica

2. Half-Asura, half-human

3. Werewolf-vampire cross-breed hybrid

4. Momiji Nakiri with Telos Karma(and Ouryuu's blessing of course unless she's never going to be seen in DxD or is going to be Ouryuu's third wife)

5. Sefaira Seraselbes

#4 is unlikely. For some reason I suspect Momiji to Ouryuu will be like how Valerie is to Gasper. And before anyone says they're relatives, there's Suzaku suggesting that Tobio marry her to rejoin the clan in Slash Dog Volume 3 and a marriage interview was set up between him and the head of Himejima.
1. you mean thrud? would be cool but very improbable since someone already fills the valkyrie position

2. that would be interesting if she fills the amazoness role

3. that... kind of comes out of nowhere, would be cool but would be weird to see one

4. nope, she is whit kanzaki who very likely will get his own story and harem

5. likely, this one i really support

momiji will probably be in love whit kanzaki, suzaku marriage whit tobio as far as seen was purely political in nature and we dont eve know if it happened, honestly oryuu probably is trying to get momiji back because he misses her but not in a romantical way since from his perspective kanzaki pretty much kidnapped her which is unlikely since kanzaki kind of implies she might not wnat to leave.
Old 2020-03-17, 02:04   Link #774
cyberdemon

Issei needs twins in his peerage.
Old 2020-03-17, 02:54   Link #775
The Infinite Dream

We do have 8 pawns we can dream. Lol
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-17, 03:29   Link #776
Lucidrago

Quote:
1. you mean thrud? would be cool but very improbable since someone already fills the valkyrie position

2. that would be interesting if she fills the amazoness role

3. that... kind of comes out of nowhere, would be cool but would be weird to see one

4. nope, she is whit kanzaki who very likely will get his own story and harem

5. likely, this one i really support

momiji will probably be in love whit kanzaki, suzaku marriage whit tobio as far as seen was purely political in nature and we dont eve know if it happened, honestly oryuu probably is trying to get momiji back because he misses her but not in a romantical way since from his perspective kanzaki pretty much kidnapped her which is unlikely since kanzaki kind of implies she might not wnat to leave.
Kanzaki already has his own story. It's called Denpachi.
Old 2020-03-17, 03:31   Link #777
saucerKing

Quote:
Kanzaki already has his own story. It's called Denpachi.
denpachi original LN is so different from DxD universe in some aspects that it doesn't fit anymore. it will probably get a reboot or something
Old 2020-03-17, 07:23   Link #778
OmegaWeaponZ

I would think a Yaksini (Female Rakshasa) would be be a good fit, simply on the fact that, out of the prominent mythos in the series, the Hindu and Buddhist are the ones lacking any representation in the harem.

A vampire/werewolf would be interesting though, not gonna lie.

But, as many said, Sefaira seems the most likely at this point, if only due to the timing of her appearance and the start of the invasion.
Old 2020-03-17, 07:42   Link #779
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Watch as Issei gets a 8x Pawn from the GxG, AxA, BxB or CxC universe
Old 2020-03-17, 18:49   Link #780
Lucidrago

issei gets 8 sisters as his pawns that are able to combine at will into one very strong being. And two of them are twins. And they range from the ages of 17-20 as all of them have different mothers except for the twins obviously.