AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-03-30, 00:17   Link #861
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Imagine if he had filed a complaint, and the devs told him what I said above. That would be pretty humiliating...
PR/Social Media managers would never allow such a statement.

To be fair, countless things about games these days (WoW, for example) get changed, and not for the better, but purely because of community (forum) outrage.
Old 2020-03-30, 00:20   Link #862
Blueknight78

You know what is the worst??? the fact which some "peoples" defend maple and "being a new player "because no one goes to where she goes because..., if a noob, could go to places where you have god tier stuffs ( and again some of the god tie stuffs where not supposed to be catch by the players anytime soon as the dev told themselfs but they still allowed maple keep then instead of take then off)

follow the "logic any "expert player at last expert like kirito would want to go to the top zones to get the better stuffs and goes explore if this is how this world work and not just "focus" in a single thing" like is happening where for a "unknow reason( wrting excuse) only maple and her team think in go to tha places again making its looks like "only maple" is "smarth" or more "carefreer" or whatever you want to call, to go "explore" the world while many top player wanting to get overpower are just doing the "same stuff over and over", again point me in real world any mmo where top players wold be so "dumb" to do that, top players are the "first want to explore" and find the best loot equipment of the game specially after see maple the most "common thing" would be the peoples start to hunt too and go to the places where maple go and hunt themselfs.

But the really big, really big and most stupid issue" still maple "main most overpower and destruticve and indefensable attack... the "EAT", why she is the only one "eating bosses"??? to get power ups, if the "eat animation can be used in combat why it is not "explained"????, this is supposed to be one of the "most basic info of the game, no game would let something "so important" to be something "no one know" and only maple accidently find out and keep "cheating using it, because for "dark/unknow reasons(plot "convenience") among all the game players only she knows and use it, you know "any skill or even the most basic stuff would come with a "info about what it does", not "hidden from players" i'm pretty sure which even "dark souls" is not like that which don't even explain what the player skills, weapons or powers or even animations do, come with total zero 0 info everything is in "blank" and you must find out how to do anything in game.

Basically in this serie "everyone not maple even her team in part" is dumb or have some "mental issues, because they never think in "go explore to look for more powerfull stuffs" and "only our "airheaded maple can do that.
Old 2020-03-30, 01:58   Link #863
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
She can win battles against him, but in war she still loses hands down. And even when she DID get serious against him she was still only barely able to win, to a fair degree as a result of the element of surprise.
I remember in one of the earlier episodes. Payne was saying there are plenty of unknown in Maple Tree guild. Fast forward to episode 12.. it is indeed a skill that is unknown to him that killed him.

Speaking of strength. There are other guilds that survived the event. There has to be some strong people there too. Not shown on screen due to lack of time / budget. As episode 12 felt a bit rushed.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 02:25   Link #864
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I remember in one of the earlier episodes. Payne was saying there are plenty of unknown in Maple Tree guild. Fast forward to episode 12.. it is indeed a skill that is unknown to him that killed him.

Speaking of strength. There are other guilds that survived the event. There has to be some strong people there too. Not shown on screen due to lack of time / budget. As episode 12 felt a bit rushed.
well to be fair they surviving was part of maple tree plans, they wanted to make sure to be on the top 6 and only the top 6 will remain then they obliterated any guild under the top 6, if maple wanted they could had oblirated all the guilds they have more than enough time for that (the event was ended early exactly because of the remains numbers.
Old 2020-03-30, 05:15   Link #865
rladls2121

Wow, this is so insane.
I laughed so hard while reading the post one page ago.
That is what I call "complaints".

How far this madness can go?
There is an another season.
I skipped a lot of episodes though.
Stopped watching after episode 6 i think and watched again around the end of the final episode.
Just reading most of the summaries, coming here, and visited Myanimelist.

To be frank though praising this series to some extent feels like the biggest insult to those other Light Novels authors and Game Developers in real life who are going though hell to be the best.
Even though this series is not meant to be any offensive in a away that err umm many ways.
At least to me, i took this series in a sad ways considering I wish things in life to be this easy as just living a life for fun without any bad, not live your life because it is your task and duty being forced to.

Can we imagine, a story about a little girl just wants to have fun playing immersive VR video game, accidently becomes the strongest?
And first thing some of us do is complain about this.
But now, i rather wish if our alives are only about complaining about Maple Syrup because we just can't do this all day in real life, especially when most of us are supposed to stay home to stay safe from the Infection from the virus outbreak.

Sorry about the long offtopic post along the way, but these kinds of posts makes me feel better.
Right now, at least until we are safe, we can still argue about whether we want to "ban" Maple from the game for "hacking" or not, while ourselves being isolated for a while, well some might not.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 15:41   Link #866
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Customer: "What about the Pokemon/familiar thing?"

NWO Ad: "Nope, just her and her friend have it because we just so happen to put just those two in the game, but after seeing what she could do with hers we are currently deliberating on wether to even added more of them at all."
Spoiler for Web/Light Novel:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2020-03-30 at 15:52.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 20:47   Link #867
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
To be frank though praising this series to some extent feels like the biggest insult to those other Light Novels authors and Game Developers in real life who are going though hell to be the best.
Even though this series is not meant to be any offensive in a away that err umm many ways.
Seriously? That's like saying praising Konosuba is an insult to people who work hard to make good isekai stories. This wasn't meant to be that serious; sure, it was made to be believable and I do believe such a game could exist and survive, but it was ultimately meant to be a fun lark, not a serious examination of gaming culture or a high-tension story utilizing game mechanics.

Quote:
Can we imagine, a story about a little girl just wants to have fun playing immersive VR video game, accidently becomes the strongest?
And first thing some of us do is complain about this.
Again, seriously? At this point, you're going to suggest some sort of misogyny on the part of the dopes who kept shouting BS? I may disagree with them frequently, but I'll defend them on this point: I am completely certain that not one of them cares one iota about Maple's being a GIRL who got strong. If you want to complain then complain about the fact that this story "had" to make the game "broken" for the girl to get strong. Though this too is inaccurate as, again, the entire point seems to be having a crazy-lucky dummy frolic in the game and accidentally stumble onto superpower after superpower, and by luck and sometimes planning manages to put them together to make a near-invincible monster.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 21:16   Link #868
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Images
Offical art (nsfw)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2020-03-31 at 07:13. Reason: Please use the [images] tag for HUGE pictures, though using thumbnails would probably be a better option.
Old 2020-03-31, 02:32   Link #869
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well to be fair they surviving was part of maple tree plans, they wanted to make sure to be on the top 6 and only the top 6 will remain then they obliterated any guild under the top 6, if maple wanted they could had oblirated all the guilds they have more than enough time for that (the event was ended early exactly because of the remains numbers.
Or have themselves get annihilated, in an attempt to get style points. Remember if the other guilds teamed up or attacked when they weren't at base defending, that's KO. I mean that's what Maple tree basically did. They went ham and back-stabbed every guild out there (Holy knights caught on to sally's plan, and joined in)

The point of Sally's tactic was to hit everyone so hard that last night, where every guild had:

1: No incentive to attack and every incentive to defend, due to dwindling numbers.

2: No guild including Maple's had enough force to both attack and defend at the same point, from there on.

3: Sure you can have 2-3 guild combine forces to take another out, but considering backstabbing, and friend-foe, friendly fire problems, who would want to.

Even if Guilds try to organize an honorable duel, which realistically would happen IRL, Maple is too happy-go-lucky to bother with it, even if no other guilds try to backstab on the opportunity.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 12:02   Link #870
Twi

Whatever happened to Maple's White Shield and Armor?
Old 2020-03-31, 13:05   Link #871
The Green One

Nothing. It's just criminally underused. Which is a pity as it fits her Serpahim look nicely.
Old 2020-03-31, 16:47   Link #872
Liddo-kun
is this so?

season 1 is over. Time for a snack. :3

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-04-01 at 03:59.
Old 2020-04-02, 13:28   Link #873
VTHokiePride

Due to the current state of the world, I was able to binge all of this within a day. Maple is crazy It's interesting to see how her non-gamer experience is turning the gaming world upside down.

Also, realistically speaking if you have no points in attack doesn't that mean you do 0 damage? The same goes for magic. Trying to wrap my head around how her character would translate to real life RPGs. I get some of the items could say they deal bonus damage on top of her base stats, but early on she was able to beat monsters with just her shield and no attack points.
Old 2020-04-02, 13:33   Link #874
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I think she has like 1 ATK or something. Pretty sure you're set with a minimum and then you add to that. It's still pathetically low and she generally only does damage through counters, alternate forms with their own stats, or eating (which I don't think technically counts as "attack"). But with perfect defense and resistance to ailments like poison, she can afford to just keep doing 1 HP damage until the enemies finally die.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 00:04   Link #875
Strahan

Just finished this. It's funny, people are talking about balance and stuff and that didn't bother me but the one thing that made me wonder was the guilds with armies... who gets on an MMO and wants to play a cookie cutter nobody who looks like every other person just to be cannon fodder? lol

The named members of the guild are all unique looking and interesting, then you have the mob of nobodies that some poor saps have to play as. Talk about drawing the short straw lol Obviously the animators don't want to have to draw a bazillion unique players, so I get the reason. Just strikes me funny when you think about it as a real game.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 01:49   Link #876
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Just finished this. It's funny, people are talking about balance and stuff and that didn't bother me but the one thing that made me wonder was the guilds with armies... who gets on an MMO and wants to play a cookie cutter nobody who looks like every other person just to be cannon fodder? lol

The named members of the guild are all unique looking and interesting, then you have the mob of nobodies that some poor saps have to play as. Talk about drawing the short straw lol Obviously the animators don't want to have to draw a bazillion unique players, so I get the reason. Just strikes me funny when you think about it as a real game.
Well (if it wasn't for transmog hiding appearance) the majority of WoW players for starters. A lot of MMO's have reached this (terrible) min/max mentality, where everyone may as well be clones of each other.
Old 2020-04-03, 04:56   Link #877
Twi

Glamour Prisms in FFXIV. 400 slots is not enough room in my Dresser.
Old 2020-04-03, 10:21   Link #878
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

pretty sure those are salary men who just want to wind up for a few hours in a virtual world.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 11:40   Link #879
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Well (if it wasn't for transmog hiding appearance) the majority of WoW players for starters. A lot of MMO's have reached this (terrible) min/max mentality, where everyone may as well be clones of each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Glamour Prisms in FFXIV. 400 slots is not enough room in my Dresser.
We have not seen any sign of any kind of Glamour system. Perhaps the developers left one out so you could recognize gear by sight in PvP? If so most of the big guild members are probably in the equivalent of tomestone (i.e. the best you can get without doing semi-hard content) gear provided by the guild.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 17:23   Link #880
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
We have not seen any sign of any kind of Glamour system. Perhaps the developers left one out so you could recognize gear by sight in PvP? If so most of the big guild members are probably in the equivalent of tomestone (i.e. the best you can get without doing semi-hard content) gear provided by the guild.
I assume 'unique' type gear either comes from being the 1st to solo dungeons/etc, or you get it (mainly) from crafters (custom order).

The anime really doesn't cover how much 'stats' and stuff gear actually provides, and whether it scales with your character or what not. I'm assuming unique (solo gear) does scale, otherwise you have unique appearance that you can't use due to it become obsolete (which, would defeat the purpose).

Tags
adventure, bofuri, maple