Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-03-31, 07:10   Link #421
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It just seems to me that in order for it to have any impact against a virus, you'd need to onsen/sauna 3-4 times a week minimum. And very, very few Japanese by percentage do that.
But it could be the hot baths (as opposed to the quick showers more prevalent in other countries).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 07:30   Link #422
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
It just seems to me that in order for it to have any impact against a virus, you'd need to onsen/sauna 3-4 times a week minimum. And very, very few Japanese by percentage do that.
Yes, but if they all have hot baths in their house then they already do it 7 times a week at the very least if they bathe everyday. Do Japanese not take hot baths at home? I assumed they do which is why I couldn't follow you.
Old 2020-03-31, 08:38   Link #423
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae

This is the interview with the WHO done by RTHK that sparked the controversy with Taiwan.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 09:03   Link #424
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Yes, but if they all have hot baths in their house then they already do it 7 times a week at the very least if they bathe everyday. Do Japanese not take hot baths at home? I assumed they do which is why I couldn't follow you.
But the whole point of the OP (I'm assuming, because we didn't see the actual link) is that it's the transition from hot (either water or sauna) to cold water (or air, if it's Finland) that's causing the protective effect. That's not something people are doing in their home baths.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 09:51   Link #425
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
But the whole point of the OP (I'm assuming, because we didn't see the actual link) is that it's the transition from hot (either water or sauna) to cold water (or air, if it's Finland) that's causing the protective effect. That's not something people are doing in their home baths.
OK, here is the video link, as long as a anime episode, but all crunch, no fluff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRwnhfWXxo <-- link to articles in the description

As I understand it, increasing your body temperature to 39º C boosts your immune system, getting into cold water/air afterwards gives an extra boost. I think he also mentions the TB vaccine (or maybe he did in a prior video), which also boosts the immune system (don't remember for how long).

The thing is (if I understood correctly), covid-19 suppresses your immune system (for up to two weeks, five days on average) and this treatment gives you a boost so you can deal early with the infection, IMO those that have the virus for two weeks and then get symptoms (shortness of breath) have their lungs already badly damaged and most likely are the ones that go into the hospital and doctors see their health degrade quickly.

Anyway, I have already bought a cheap personal sauna, it should arrive this week, it does no harm to start doing some hot sauna (has been in the back of my mind for years, decades?) routine.

So yeah, I am not buying this "we have the best pneumonia health care in the world", even if europe is #2 or #3, the difference in deaths is staggering. Neither the "we do not kiss or hug so we are ok". People are asyntomatic for days (so they do not wear a face mask), then they sneeze, catch it with their hand, open doors that everyone else also touches and get infected. That is why I think this must be true and politicians in japan are bragging about something that wasn't their doing.

p.s. in japan health care is 1/2 price, in europe it is free!
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 10:34   Link #426
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Japan does have a very high numbers of beds per populations.
Japan has the highest number of hospital beds per 1,000 population of all the OECD countries. It fell a bit between 2000 and 2017, but so did the rates for most other advanced economies. However, there are two countries that increased the number of hospital beds during that period -- South Korea, where the rate skyrocketed from about four to twelve, and China where the rate doubled from about two to four.

Hospital Beds per 1,000 Population

As I've observed before, Japan also has the longest hospital stays of any OECD country. Korea is second, but its figure is about half that for Japan.

Koreans, on the other hand, visit doctors more often than anyone else. Japan is second.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 13:22   Link #427
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
And RTHK interviewed a WHO official on the Taiwan question. He just pretended to have a bad line and then hung up.
Classic. I would like his facebook page for that. Also a classic. PUNK!ed
Old 2020-03-31, 21:32   Link #428
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well Bruce Aylward doesn't show up on any WHO profile sites at the moment after his RTHK interview.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 11:21   Link #429
ramlaen

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elligence-says
Quote:
China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three U.S. officials.

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret and declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China’s public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 11:36   Link #430
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
I don't think there is a single person that would be surprised if this true
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 11:49   Link #431
EroKing

Coronavirus: 13-year-old boy dies, says London hospital trust
Old 2020-04-01, 11:59   Link #432
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Everyone who are not blinded by China's face saving attempts more or less suspected that the Glorious Party ran on Diatlov memes.
Old 2020-04-01, 12:56   Link #433
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I don't think there is a single person that would be surprised if this true
Pretty much. What China does with the death toll is about as bad as how the Soviets lied about Chernobyl with an official death toll of only 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Everyone who are not blinded by China's face saving attempts more or less suspected that the Glorious Party ran on Diatlov memes.
Right now, we need a Legasov from whom it would be impossible to ignore if such person manages to speak out the truth.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2020-04-01 at 13:25.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 13:16   Link #434
The Green One

Boy people sure love excuses don't they? ANYTHING to avoid taking responsibility for their own fuck ups.
Old 2020-04-01, 15:52   Link #435
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Yeah sure sure, everything is the evil Chinese's fault
Whatever, you are free to believe anything you want to believe.
The fact remains is: It's not Chinese people who are dropping like flies at the moment.
Old 2020-04-01, 16:31   Link #436
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
The fact remains is: It's not Chinese people who are dropping like flies at the moment.
According to the CCP and its mouthpieces. Did you know none of the medical workers in Hubei have caught corona? What an amazing feat!

Last edited by ramlaen; 2020-04-01 at 16:50.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 18:15   Link #437
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Dr Li and 21 chinese million phone users want a word with you.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 18:54   Link #438
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Tell that straight to the faces of the people of Wuhan who have seen, breathed, and lived through that shit, especially healthcare workers. I dare you to do it.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 19:18   Link #439
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

While I agree that China might hide the actual number, I doubt they simply open wuhan if the situation is not improving.

Also we should seen more panic in internet if China number much bigger than reported. No matter how big the great firewall are.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 19:49   Link #440
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

You guys don't believe China's number? How about other countries' number then?

Let's go with Taiwan first.

- In 4/2, 247 Taiwanese evacuated from Wuhan. Only one tested positive.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...9Yg?typeid=158
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...N3g?typeid=158

- In 12/3, 361 Taiwanese returned from Wuhan. All negative.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...kVA?typeid=158

Clearly the infection rate in Wuhan is less than 1%.
The population of Wuhan is 11 million, so there is less than 110k infected.
Sure, there is a margin of error, but there is no basis to doubt China's number.

How about South Korea?

As of 1/4/2020, South Korea has 560 imported cases.
Only 17 are from China but there are 298 from Europe and 178 from the US.
Over 90% of these people are Korean returning home, so travelling ban is not the cause.
https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es...2&tag=&nPage=1

The infection in China pales in comparison to the West