Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-04-02, 23:27   Link #6841
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Ichika did save Houki in the 12th volume. After seeing how hurt he got doing so, she finally decided to face her immaturity and weaknesses instead of running away from them like she always did.
I see. So, Ichika did manage to save Houki in the 12th volume. That's good to know. And Houki herself will face her own insecurities after what he'd been through.

Out of curiosity, there's one thing I like to know.

Do you think both Ichika and his IS harem would pass the final exams or no?
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 07:24   Link #6842
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
I see. So, Ichika did manage to save Houki in the 12th volume. That's good to know. And Houki herself will face her own insecurities after what he'd been through.

Out of curiosity, there's one thing I like to know.

Do you think both Ichika and his IS harem would pass the final exams or no?
They’ve already passed Summer and Winter finals, otherwise we’d habe heard about it. So I imagine they’ll pass Spring finals as well, yes.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 08:59   Link #6843
Silvertail

I'm not sure if there's going to be anything about a exam in the final volume. Judging from the ending, Tabane Shinonono is going to be the main antagonist in it since she was making preparation for the end and helped Madoka stab Ichika in the heart. Its not confirmed whether Ichika's dead yet. We might finally get to see Chifuyu in action, this time with her IS and not just with a sword.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 14:22   Link #6844
Bgunit

I'm surprised chifuyu let tabane get away with a lot of things till now
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 14:43   Link #6845
Chaos-Zero

IÂ’m kind of shocked that Tabane Shinonono was behind all of these incidents. Including the unmanned IS, and Anti-IS attacks. Silver Gospel, World Purge, the Excalibur, and the current incidents. I didn’t notice until now. Could it be that Tabane using the Phantom Task to provoke Chifuyu into battle? And if Houki finds out that her older sister was behind of her being kidnapped that leads Ichika into some serious injuries, well then, let’s say that she would hardly forgive Tabane because of her action nearly cost the life of her love interest. As for Chifuyu, let’s say she would plan to destroy that woman.

I got to admit it, Tabane has stepped over the line this time on volume 11 of the light novel.
Old 2020-04-11, 06:03   Link #6846
Gespenst1

On what was said here about Yumizuru's health here, I theorized that his health problems could be why he left Media Factory and the long gaps in-between releases starting from Volume 8.

First off, here's the original afterword from Volume 1 (I've started re-reading the light novels by comparing the original translations of the first eight volumes vs. the official translations by J-Novel Club; this was from the original Media Factory release):

Quote:

Hello to everyone. We met for the first time, my name is Yumizuru Izuru.

This IS novel is the first original light novel that I personally wrote. How is it? I'll be really grateful if the readers can give me some feedback.

I'm really thankful to be able to write this story in such a manner for all the readers to read.

First, I'll like to thank my first reader, and the most important person to me who has been supporting me, the chief editor, Misaka-san, who gave me this opportunity, my editor, Shoji-san, who worked with me all the way since the planning stage, and Okuira-san, who gave life to the characters.

Thank you all.

Also, to all the readers who have this book right now, I really want to thank you now for reading my work.

It's because of everyone supporting me that I am here now.

Then, let's talk about the story! Because of a certain encounter. In my life, there has to be robots involved in my line of work; is this fate? When I started off, I was writing as a scriptwriter at a company for 5 years (about the number of pages of a carton of paper), and what I produced also involved robots. (At that time, it seemed to cause quite a stir about someone ridiculous who sent a large pile of paper over)

But every time I recall this, I will always think that it's amazing that they could finish such a novel that's excessively long! One of my readers later became my superior. It's thanks to him favoring me that I am able to be here today. Truly another story that makes me grateful for.

Because I met so many people, I was able to get a proper footing. This is really a great environment. Thank you all.

Just like that, the lead of this hi-speed school life action love comedy 'IS'--Ichika will continue to interact with other characters, support each other and continue to be active! Probably...no, that'll definitely happen!

Speaking of which, even though I switched from a gaming company to light novels, being raised in the gaming world, I still like to work with multiple people giving me ideas. It's really interesting to be working with people while discussing.

It's the same when I got Okiura-san to help out with the illustrations. Even though I only told him during the discussion not to hold back when giving ideas, the moment I said this, he pulled out a brilliant thumbnail for the IS! The power an illustrator holds always has an overwhelming presence, and I'm really amazed by that.

Normally speaking, the story will be completed first, but it's pretty common to see some creative illustrations while writing the story. The illustrations really stimulates me a lot.

"This illustration concept is great! Okay, let's show it here! Then the design should be like this, like that...ohhh, that concept can be used later! Very good, we have a blueprint for the next novel!"

And things like that—the moment my thoughts are visualized by the illustrator's hands, I will think 'amazing! The concept image is formed! It's not just a thought!' and feel really happy about it.

Also, if he's an illustrator you like, I'll be even more grateful!

At this moment, I really feel like I'll living in a good time in a good country (laughs).

I hope that everyone can work hard with me for the time being.

Please take care of me. If you can give me your thoughts, it will be a great encouragement to me.

Even if it's just a 'clap', I'll be really happy (uu, I've been requesting others now...)

Then, let's meet in the 2nd volume! See you next time!

--Yumizuru Izuru

A certain day in April, 2009.

Congratulations to Yumizuru-san for publishing the first novel.

We've met for the first time. I'm Okiura, the one in charge of the illustrations.

Anyway, Houki's prideful bad temper is really cute.

At the same time, I'm really jealous of Ichika's harem (laughs).

Yumizuru bro, S-san, who's in charge of editing, thank you for giving someone like me a personal space to express myself.

And I would also like to thank the designers for their perfect layouts.

-Okuira
Now here's the afterword that Fireminer got from the J-Novel Club translation, which was for the Overlap re-release:

Quote:

Hello. My name is Yumizuru. Hizu, hizu! (That’s how I greet people.)

So, that was the first volume. Hm. Yes... Where to start? When I was 22, I quit my previous job because I got very sick. It was getting worse, and I had to spend a lot of time in the hospital. Afterward, I worked freelance, but that didn’t work out very well due to illnesses still. This went on, and my health got worse for some time. It got so bad I had to get anesthetic injected straight into the epidural space of my spine, and this caused an infection, and I just barely avoided being paralyzed below the waist. One time I was sleeping with a 40-degree fever, and my last clients dissolved their contracts with me. That was when I kind of wanted to die or just disappear, but I lived on.

That was when I figured I might write a light novel, and I pitched what would become IS. Writing made me feel better, like I was actually doing something... I guess. Also, and I’m still their patient, but praise the Tokyo U hospital. By the way, something about my name, Yumizuru Izuru. I took the Yumizuru from my father, a shamisen player, and Izuru from my mother, who teaches ikebana. My brother is the reason I decided to be a novelist. I don’t think he remembers, but when he was in university, we were talking in a Saizeriya restaurant in Kanazawa. I told him I wanted to be a novelist, but that I probably couldn’t do it. He said I just had to try and it would work out. I really appreciated that. I’m grateful to my family.

While we’re on the topic of thanking people, I’m grateful to my wife. That sounds a bit distant, doesn’t it? But she always supported me, even when it was tough, and I couldn’t thank her enough. I will love her forever.

Oh. Originally I meant to cover Cecilia a lot more in the first volume, but everyone got really mad and said I couldn’t do that, so I dragged Rin here from the second volume. Originally Rin would have been in Class A and stuff. Anyway, there’ll be surprises, so don’t worry.

Bye! Byzu, byzu! (Following my style.)
Now, as you remember, Yumizuru left Media Factory and continued the series under Overlap and to commemorate this, the first seven volumes were re-released with CHOCO replacing Okiura as character designer. Here were the release dates of Volumes 7-12:
  • Volumes 7-8 (former released on April 8, 2011 and latter released on April 25, 2013)
  • Volumes 8-9 (former released on April 25, 2013 while the latter released on April 25, 2014)
  • Volumes 9-10 (former on April 25, 2014 while the latter on July 25, 2015)
  • Volumes 10-11 (former on July 25, 2015 and the latter on May 25, 2017)
  • Volumes 11-12 (former on May 25, 2017 and the latter on April 25, 2018)

My theory? Yumizuru's health led to him having arguments with Media Factory over release dates that he left and joined up with Overlap because they probably didn't care for release dates, allowing Yumizuru to continue the story while giving himself ample time to rest in-between volumes.

That also explains the Media Factory Volume 1 and Overlap's Volume 1 having different afterwords: Yumizuru wanted to use the re-releases as an opportunity to explain his reasons.

This could also tie with why we haven't gotten Volume 13 other than my other theory that he wanted to make sure J-Novel Club got to translating once he finishes it: he's trying to balance out his ideas while resting.
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 09:41   Link #6847
Silvertail

I see. We can just hope he doesn't catch COVID-19 and becomes unable to finish Infinite Stratos. It would seriously suck if the story doesn't get finished because of health problems. Hope he has the strength to finish volume 13 before its too late.
Old 2020-04-16, 18:13   Link #6848
Tsundere89

ok I just read vol 12 and I am confused over the standing of Hoki and Ichika relationship. After Ichika saved houki Akatsuki said Houki dream was fulfilled before disappearing. Akatsuki said houki dream was to make ichika hers and to beat anyone who would stop her from doing that. Considering houki was in his dream as well and her statement of her dream coming true does that mean houki won ichika heart. Ichika also a good portion of the battle thought only of houki causing him to have little regard to the safety of the other girls. They call him out on it though. Also, Charlotte and Laura mentioned drawing the short end of the stick after watching him go after houki. Was that in reference to losing ichika heart? After houki faces her weakness do you think she will finally confess to him clearly? Or do you think this will be a harem ending instead of him ending up with houki?
Tsundere89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 08:34   Link #6849
Chaos-Zero

Well, as far as I have been told, none of the girls in the IS harem had made progress with Ichika at all due to their squabblings, misunderstandings, hijinx, mishaps. Their violent actions cause the gaps between them and Ichika to grow wider. Not to mention none of them are honest with their feelings and with themselves. And not one of them have a real, and actual date with Ichika. Correct me if I'm wrong about dating. If that's true, then volume 13 will be Houki and the other IS girls' last chance to tell Ichika how they really feel about him before it's all over.
Old 2020-04-17, 11:33   Link #6850
Silvertail

I don't think the gaps between them & Ichika is actually wide. Ichika does care about them and seem to be increasingly aware of them since volume 9. I bet if they were more honest, one of them might have already gotten into a relationship with him. Just look at Airis, she was able to sleep with Ichika by simply telling him she wanted to without making any kind of excuses. And she reached that within a month after first meeting him. It honestly makes Houki and Rin look really weak since they known him for years and are always trying to make excuses or using force to get what they want, like making him promise if they do something their good at then he has to be their boyfriend.
Old 2020-04-17, 14:28   Link #6851
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Well, as far as I have been told, none of the girls in the IS harem had made progress with Ichika at all due to their squabblings, misunderstandings, hijinx, mishaps. Their violent actions cause the gaps between them and Ichika to grow wider. Not to mention none of them are honest with their feelings and with themselves. And not one of them have a real, and actual date with Ichika. Correct me if I'm wrong about dating. If that's true, then volume 13 will be Houki and the other IS girls' last chance to tell Ichika how they really feel about him before it's all over.
There is no gap. Ichika likes them just fine.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 22:31   Link #6852
lovetospoon73

so harem ending then?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 22:37   Link #6853
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
so harem ending then?
Only time will tell.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-19, 09:05   Link #6854
Silvertail

Quote:
so harem ending then?
I stating to think Chifuyu will be the one to get the girls to do that. My reason for this is because Madoka stab's Ichika at the end of volume 12 in order to my Chifuyu suffer for picking him over her. Looking at it, its similar to how the girls attack Ichika whenever he seems to be giving another girl attention. Perhaps when they notice that, Chifuyu will finally tell them to stop fighting over him and agree to share him.

It would make them look really stupid if they prefer fighting over 1st place over staring him after losing him twice now (once in volume 11 and volume 12).
Old 2020-04-19, 13:10   Link #6855
DanielSong39

Any chance Madoka enters the harem?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-19, 15:53   Link #6856
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Any chance Madoka enters the harem?
You got to be kidding me.
Outside of the simple fact that their basically bother and sister, she and Ichika are like a cold, winter night and a pleasant, summer day; completely different in their thinking.
Thus, they are like two sides of a coin toss; basically Madoka represent's what Ichika could have become if he didn't have Chifuyu by his side.
Old 2020-04-20, 01:16   Link #6857
Tsundere89

People seem to be missing my question. I am asking how that scene should be interpreted. Ichika put his hand on her cheek as well and said he went after because its her. Houki also has declared her determination to overcome her weaknesses (such her pride and insecurities) which is something that she needs to do to be with ichika. She also is the only one amongst the girls to defeat Chifuyu in battle which was the requirement to get her approval to date Ichika. If that's not progress I dont know what is.

Last edited by Tsundere89; 2020-04-20 at 01:26.
Tsundere89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-20, 08:37   Link #6858
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere89 View Post
People seem to be missing my question. I am asking how that scene should be interpreted. Ichika put his hand on her cheek as well and said he went after because its her. Houki also has declared her determination to overcome her weaknesses (such her pride and insecurities) which is something that she needs to do to be with ichika. She also is the only one amongst the girls to defeat Chifuyu in battle which was the requirement to get her approval to date Ichika. If that's not progress I dont know what is.
Well, I think that shows how much Ichika cares about Houki. It might not be wrong to say he does love her. However, he has done similar stuff with the other girls, look at what he did for Cecilia and Charlotte in volume 11.
As well, I don't think the 'Houki defeating Chifuyu' counts, given that Houki went too far and forced Chifuyu to retire, something Ichika wouldn't approve of. Especially since Chifuyu's done more for Ichika than anyone else ever has. So he would take his older sister side over any of them.
Old 2020-04-20, 19:18   Link #6859
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
You got to be kidding me.
Outside of the simple fact that their basically bother and sister, she and Ichika are like a cold, winter night and a pleasant, summer day; completely different in their thinking.
Thus, they are like two sides of a coin toss; basically Madoka represent's what Ichika could have become if he didn't have Chifuyu by his side.
actually it more like madoka represent what chifuyu would have turn into without ichika by herside, i mean the woman is most powerful IS pilot in the world, if she wanted to chifuyu could bring down an entire country.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-20, 20:13   Link #6860
Silvertail

Quote:
actually it more like madoka represent what chifuyu would have turn into without ichika by herside, i mean the woman is most powerful IS pilot in the world, if she wanted to chifuyu could bring down an entire country.
Oh yeah, I thought that too. Madoka really was designed to be like a dark reflection of Ichika and Chifuyu in every way.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen