AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-08, 15:44   Link #361
Ulin

Shouldn't Sophia know about the president? Or did I understand wrong when I thought she remembered too her past life?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 15:56   Link #362
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Shouldn't Sophia know about the president? Or did I understand wrong when I thought she remembered too her past life?
She's had odd dreams, but does not explicitly connect them with a past life, nor does she consciously know Katarina is Acchan's friend. It's all subconscious so far.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-09, 23:35   Link #363
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Finally caught up, the maid sidequest was heartwarming to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
At least they're hinting that there's more to this after Bakarina conquered all the known routes, like the possibility of a real secret yuri route, Sophia being the reincarnation of Acchan and the student council president doing something shady behind the scenes.
Hitting things right on the head is always satisfying, although this one isn't that complicated to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Apparently you need a blow to the head to remember your past life, Sophia's memories are all just vague dreams that she can't remember after she wakes up.

Sophia needs a blow to the head is what I'm saying My ideal ending would be Acchan/Sophia revealing herself to Bakarina, but we probably wouldn't get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I just wonder one thing, if Kararina didn't awaken to her past life self, how would this "will of the universe" decide which path to take? Perhaps the game has a "true ending" and that's what it would happen. Which is the one true ending though? Maria and Geordo with Katarina getting killed?
IMO it will be the main route, which is Geordo's, so yeah Katarina would've ran towards Maria with a knife but she will be killed if I recall correctly.

How did Katarina even become Geordo's fiancee in the game anyway? All I remember was that Katarina was instantly Geordo's fiancee with some scheming on Katarina's part I think? It wouldn't be surprising though considering how the game Geordo was a sadist and Katarina had a rotten personality, that would've been a good pairing
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-09, 23:43   Link #364
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
How did Katarina even become Geordo's fiancee in the game anyway? All I remember was that Katarina was instantly Geordo's fiancee with some scheming on Katarina's part I think? It wouldn't be surprising though considering how the game Geordo was a sadist and Katarina had a rotten personality, that would've been a good pairing
I may be mis-remembering but I think the accident that gave her memories of her past life still happened in the original game, it just didn't effect her memories at all and let her guilt trip Geordo into an engagement.
Old 2020-06-10, 02:41   Link #365
Meophist

(Original) Geordo himself wanted a fiancée to keep other ladies off of him, Catarina was convenient for that. In the original Fortune Lovers story, Geordo didn't actually have any interest in Catarina herself and was ready to let go of the arrangement if he found someone better.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-10, 09:12   Link #366
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I may be mis-remembering but I think the accident that gave her memories of her past life still happened in the original game, it just didn't effect her memories at all and let her guilt trip Geordo into an engagement.
Yeah I remember thinking the game focused more on the fact that she schemed her way into becoming his fiancee by exploiting an injury or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
(Original) Geordo himself wanted a fiancée to keep other ladies off of him, Catarina was convenient for that. In the original Fortune Lovers story, Geordo didn't actually have any interest in Catarina herself and was ready to let go of the arrangement if he found someone better.
While it was convenient, couldn't the prince choose a more agreeable girl than the game Catarina? I guess he didn't have a choice at that time
Old 2020-06-10, 10:06   Link #367
magnuskn

Actually there was an audio drama from Geordo's point of view about him meeting Katharina, which included his plans for the "original" Katharina. It's linked (without subs) on page two of this thread and there are fansubs floating around somewhere.
Old 2020-06-13, 16:51   Link #368
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, we actually got to see the Monkey's face this time! She was actually pretty cute. Acchan saved the day, but I'm not really sure how it happened. Did she intrude into Bakarina's dream using Sophia's magic? (I don't recall what kind of magic she has).

Everybody reminiscing about the past and their love for Bakarina should have been shorter. Only interesting things that happened were Alan realizing his love and Sophia speaking with Acchan.
Old 2020-06-13, 18:33   Link #369
dmaxzero

That Aachan goodbye part was well done. Someone was cutting onions.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 18:37   Link #370
Frontier

When you get Isekai-ed back into the world you were Isekai'ed from .

It was pretty interesting seeing Catarina as her old self, now with eyes revealed, and that she was this dorky, klutzy, girl living a normal but fun everyday life in the "real world" with her best friend Acchan and her family. Not surprised it was able to lull her into almost forgetting about the Fortune Lover world .

Watching the Harem and Anna being unable to save Catarina was tough to watch .

Geordo steals Catarina's first kiss! That's a huge win for him. Also technically sexual assault since she was unconscious, but he was trying to save her by feeding her so I guess he gets a pass .

Seeing the entire Harem sum up how they fell in love with Catarina and she made their lives better was a nice way of emphasizing Catarina's importance and impact while she's infirm, and solidify their whole resolve to save her .

I think that internal monologue from Nicol might be the most lines he's had the whole series. Even outside of it he just nods or grunts in the affirmative .

Sophia ends up talking to herself when the Acchan portion of her soul woke up to save Catarina. Props to Inori Minase for being able to make Acchan sound so distinct from Sophia .

Catarina's former self and Acchan having one last talk before Catarina goes back to Fortune Lover was a nice scene. Catarina resolves herself to her identity as Catarina Claes and all the people she's come to love and adore as a result, but finally got to say goodbye to Acchan. Her old life was fun but probably not worth staying in a coma for and leaving Maria unprotected .

And Acchan gets to properly say goodbye to her best friend and realize she will always be with her as Sophia .

So was Sirius' mother the sacrifice that gave him his dark magic? And it created that shadow creature that apparently talks to him? Looks like there's a lot of emotional baggage Catarina is going to have to resolve .
Old 2020-06-13, 18:38   Link #371
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
When you get Isekai-ed back into the world you were Isekai'ed from .
She wasn't send back Japan, that was a mind illusion,like a lotus eating machine trope
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 20:55   Link #372
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
She wasn't send back Japan, that was a mind illusion,like a lotus eating machine trope
I know, but in practice it felt like she was .
Old 2020-06-14, 02:11   Link #373
Forever
Revealing the truth

Dont know if this was the first time I heard his full name. Serious D*ck? Lol.

Anyway, I wonder if bakarina will remember sophia as acc chan. Will that result in a Nicol preferred end?

And actually bakarina school girl form is quite cute....
Old 2020-06-14, 02:54   Link #374
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
That Aachan goodbye part was well done. Someone was cutting onions.
I never expected it to hit me the way it did, I honestly almost cried at that part! Very well done!

As for Sophia/Acchan, looks like she really did reincarnate, and it looks like it took a lot of effort for her to find bakarina where she is now, as for any explanation for what she did to wake bakarina up, or whether she's a ghost or why can she move separately from Sophia, I'll just say that it's ... magic

EDIT: adding that they really really went out of their way to NOT say what bakarina's previous name was

Last edited by frodonk; 2020-06-14 at 03:10.
Old 2020-06-14, 03:16   Link #375
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

That was such a good episode.

Really awesome seeing everyone's feeling about Catarina and how she changed them all for the better.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 08:09   Link #376
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah.. they really take their time by expanding this arc into 3 episodes..

The delivery in this episode is just great
It is just too bad we didn't hear more from Maria's inner feeling
The rest are well done

Acchan is the best waifu.. her wish is deserved to be granted to live together with Catarina for real this time
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 09:10   Link #377
Random14

Ironic to hear Sirius say that phrase (my doom has come). Well, he's already halfway to joining the Bakarina harem anyway.

Aw, that was a sweet dream, even if they avoided saying her name nice to see her full face, made things seem more normal. And even if it was just a dream, at least Catarina got closure with her best friend. Too bad Acchan and Sophia seem to be almost completely separate, compared to Catarina basically switching back to her old personality after that bump on the head way back.

Its been a fun series, just one more episode to go, I'm going to miss the weekly Bakarina after this.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 09:15   Link #378
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 11:

perhaps having read the novel and manga dampened these scenes a bit for me, but anyway, still a decent episode.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 10:39   Link #379
Frontier

I would be kind of surprised if Catarina remembers seeing Sophia for a brief second while she was looking at Acchan...she's already dense enough as is, she's probably not going to put two-and-two together there .
Old 2020-06-14, 12:09   Link #380
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Episode 11:

perhaps having read the novel and manga dampened these scenes a bit for me, but anyway, still a decent episode.
I dunno, it still hit me pretty hard and I've read the manga.

Tags
reincarnated mc, reverse harem