volume 17 special cover drama CD
flora is awakening her inner yandere?
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 04:07   Link #2583
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhenex View Post
Those chibis are great, it's a waste they're so small.
Old 2020-07-03, 04:10   Link #2584
Fhenex
Anywhere Nowhere

volume 17 delayed to 1 september

Last edited by Fhenex; 2020-07-03 at 04:33.
Fhenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 04:26   Link #2585
blackman

Did...did flora just turn into a yandere?
blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 05:54   Link #2586
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhenex View Post
Lol, loving these yandere comments! I think its more depression at her (Charlotte's) outward expression that Flora is too meek to do herself.

Of course, Latifa's protest is pretty darn funny too.

The positioning of Celia, Miharu and Satsuki kinda makes it look like Charlotte is pushing them out of the way to put the limelight on herself.

I like the chibis from this series, they are expressive, cute and funny.

Where was the source on this?
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 06:11   Link #2587
Fhenex
Anywhere Nowhere

From author twitter
Fhenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 07:08   Link #2588
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
Lol, loving these yandere comments! I think its more depression at her (Charlotte's) outward expression that Flora is too meek to do herself.

Of course, Latifa's protest is pretty darn funny too.

The positioning of Celia, Miharu and Satsuki kinda makes it look like Charlotte is pushing them out of the way to put the limelight on herself.

I like the chibis from this series, they are expressive, cute and funny.

Where was the source on this?
The source is HJ bunko's blog, on the last entry there was an announcement with the cover, the final cast, the announcement of the one month delay plus the synopsis of the story of the drama CD.

By the way Charlotte's idol is Uesaka sumire, so we may have Shalltear acting clingy with Rio on the next CD.

The synopsis:

『脚本、ときどき、ヒロインランキング』
国家間を股にかけて数々の武功を立ててしまった結果、舞台劇の題材に選ばれてしまったリオ。
シャルロットが書き上げた脚本をセリアや美春たちと確認させてもらう中、
脚本アドバイザーに就任した勇者坂田が沙月に対し
「お前はヒロイン度が低い!」と言い出して――!?

Script, the ocassional heroine ranking.
As a result of rising military achievements on several countries Rio was chosen as the theme of a thetrical play. While Celia and Miharu-tachi confirm the script writen by Charlotte the hero Sakata who took the rol of guionist adviser says to Satsuki that her heroine level is low.
Old 2020-07-03, 09:31   Link #2589
Misha Necron

I think it would be good if Flora really did become a yandere because her current personality is too bland. I'm pretty sure if she becomes a yandere, her popularity would skyrocket just like Nishikinomiya Anna of Shimoneta. Before Anna became a yandere, she was so unpopular.
Misha Necron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 11:00   Link #2590
haseo0408

Well at least volume 10 coming out after tomorrow un English si I does not bother much the delay of volume 17.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 12:04   Link #2591
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Hiroaki being a part of that image makes me think he is part of the harem lol.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 15:39   Link #2592
lovemysandwiches69

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Well at least volume 10 coming out after tomorrow un English si I does not bother much the delay of volume 17.
im really excited that tomorrow vol.10 will be up and i can finally see Takathrash got beaten up by Haruto and his smile when he saved Miharu.

but what bother me so much was the fact that english has 10 volumes while japanese has 17 volumes, i might start learning japanese instead of waiting once every 3 months(?) which will approx take 3 years to reach the current raw while in those 3 years the raw will prolly has 20-ish volumes lol
lovemysandwiches69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 16:11   Link #2593
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysandwiches69 View Post
im really excited that tomorrow vol.10 will be up and i can finally see Takathrash got beaten up by Haruto and his smile when he saved Miharu.

but what bother me so much was the fact that english has 10 volumes while japanese has 17 volumes, i might start learning japanese instead of waiting once every 3 months(?) which will approx take 3 years to reach the current raw while in those 3 years the raw will prolly has 20-ish volumes lol
J novel club began the translation two years ago, a little before the publication of volume 11, they release five volumes per year and HJ bunko three volumes per year, j novel is going quite fast already, maybe not fast compared to bakapervert but compared to other editorials like yenpress they move at light speed.
Old 2020-07-03, 19:11   Link #2594
Roberto1

Rio himself say he doesn't like the idea, neither he approves harem, all the girls think he is not the kind to have harem, the author is literally screaming that she is not writing a harem, if you guys don't wanna see the truth then don't get mad later
You guys are being warned.

i already got angry and drop the LN, but i did it on time, i just came to check the new image, but saw bunch of comments on the matter and i thought to share my perspective.

the ilustration is really pretty i give that.
Old 2020-07-03, 20:34   Link #2595
Pierre

So you are saying there is a chance. Need to get back on board because Serei does have one of the best balanced harems, while having an MC who is OP but credible.

Also Im okay with Yandere, in my opinion if your lady is good to you, I dont care how crazy she is to everyone else. Then again Yandere have their own spectrum, from ill kill you myself and everyone, to ill kill everyone buy you and me, and somewhere in between.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 21:09   Link #2596
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysandwiches69 View Post

I'm already the hours to put my claws in the new volume, ever since I've waiting this for a long time. The level of satisfaction I am going to get from seeing Takahisa beaten could only compared to when Hajime beat the living hell out Kouki in Arifureta, ahhh good memories!.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 23:52   Link #2597
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
Rio himself say he doesn't like the idea, neither he approves harem, all the girls think he is not the kind to have harem, the author is literally screaming that she is not writing a harem, if you guys don't wanna see the truth then don't get mad later

i already got angry and drop the LN, but i did it on time, i just came to check the new image, but saw bunch of comments on the matter and i thought to share my perspective.

I'm reading it on Jnovel so I'm not up to date with the raws, but while I agree with you that it's better to keep our expectations in check, it wouldn't be the first to!e that a protagonist is opposed to the idea of an harem, only to end with one.
Old 2020-07-04, 00:24   Link #2598
Misha Necron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I'm reading it on Jnovel so I'm not up to date with the raws, but while I agree with you that it's better to keep our expectations in check, it wouldn't be the first to!e that a protagonist is opposed to the idea of an harem, only to end with one.
Just like Hajime. At first he also dislike the idea of a harem only to end up one.
Misha Necron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 00:36   Link #2599
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Hiroaki being a part of that image makes me think he is part of the harem lol.
Hiroaki is basically the comic relief character in the drama CDs. In the second one, none of his unpleasantness came to the foreground and he actually came off as being kind of cute with how silly he was.
Old 2020-07-04, 03:28   Link #2600
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post

Rio said he opposed the poligamy, but after that he said the reason too, and it has nothing to do with Rio hating the idea of the harem itself, if you check my post on the previous page there I wrote some more details from that scene and Rio's and the girls' opinions about the harem at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Yes, Rio said that he was against poligamy, but just after that he said his reason too, that it's because he's a coward and that he isn't confident about being able of making happy his loved ones, that the moment that he is able of getting rid of his doubts then he will think about romance. A lot of people thinks Rio is someone dense, but it's the opposite, Rio is really good at grasping someone's state of mind and emotions, but he kept ignoring the signals related to romance on purpose due to several reasons.

1. Fear of betrayal, since Lucius' betrayal and his time at the slums it became impossible for Rio to trust on others, that's why he never took the initiative when befriending someone and even after becoming acquainted with someone he always drew a line between him and the rest as a precaution against a possible betrayal, in fact Rio acknowleged on volume 6 that without recovering Haruto's memories he wouldn't have befriended Celia or the ones he met after her.
2. Haruto's persistent feelings for Miharu, everytime that Rio received a love letter at the academy or when Sayo confessed to him, everytime that the ocassion forced him to imagine someone as his girlfriend then the one who appeared on Rio's head was Miharu.
3. Fear to lose his loved ones, the sight of Lucius killing his mother without him being able of doing anything for saving her made Rio incredibly scared of losing again the ones important for him without him being able of doing nothing again, and in consecuence scared of even having people who are important for him just for losing them too.
4. This changed since volume 10, but Rio acknowleged in front of Miharu, Latifa, Aisia, Sara, Ouphia and Alma on the prologue of volume 14 that until then he planned to cut ties with everyone for the sake of not having nothing to lose, expecting that would make him stronger and that that strength would make easier for him to fullfill his revenge.
5. The lack of selfconfidence, there're two reasons for this. In the first place the thrauma of losing his mother, and in the second place recovering his memories as Haruto and his values makes Rio think about all the crimes that he comitted during his time at the slums and the fact that he wished for revenge and fulfilled it as great minuses for him in the eyes of those important for him, this is why he delayed so much to speak about his revenge with the girls, because he was scared of what they would think of him after that, even now that he fulfilled his revenge and the he saw that the girls' impression of him didn't worsen he still thinks of these things as something that lowers his qualification for trying to make someone happy.

Rio is concious of all this fears and lack of selfconfidence and is making efforts for getting rid of them:

1. Rio doesn't fear the betrayal anymore from the heroines, the people from the spirit folk's village, his family and Gouki's group.
2. Haruto's feelings for Miharu are still there but she isn't the only one on his mind anymore, even if the rest of the girls aren't as important for him as her. After killing Lucius, Rio decided that from then on he would live for the sake of answering the feelings of those important for him and for protecting his happyness alongside them. He included on this Miharu, Celia, Aisia, Latifa, Sara, Ouphia and Alma. Rio also thinks of this group of girls right now as the place he wants to return to and he told it to them, he told them too that from now he wants to be closer to them and to spent more time with them. I think Satsuki, Liselotte, Christina and Flora aren't seen romantically yet but he opened to them quite a bit so I don't think they can be discarded yet.
4. Rio already told to the girls on the prologue of volume 14 that thanks to Satsuki, Miharu and Masato he discarded this way of thinking.
3 and 5. On volume 16 Christina asked Rio if he was against poligamy,he answered that he was, Christina asked him if the reason was that he already loved someone, Rio answered that his different fears and lack of selfconfidence make him really doubtful about him being able of having a romantic relationship with someone or him being able of making someone happy while he still has those feelings on him. Some readers like you interpreted this as Rio not wanting to go the harem route and dropped the series, in my case is the opposite, the Rio from the last volumes gave me the impression of him being on the middle of gathering his guts for asking Miharu, Celia, Aisia, Latifa, Sara, Ouphia and Alma to be his harem.

Actually I would say there're more obstacles for the harem on the girls' side that on Rio's.

1. Miharu on the last volume thought for herself on her mind that she doesn't want to hand Rio over to anyone, as a girl born in Japan it's normal for her to be against the poligamy at the beginning at least.
2.Satsuki, we have a second Shizuku here, she refuses to admit her feelings for Rio. She insists on wanting Miharu to be with Rio, on being Miharu's supporter and on she believing Rio is against poligamy for keeping them at bay. As a girl born in Japan she too is against the poligamy at the moment.
3. Liselotte, I think on her case her parents, François and Charlotte are already convinced of her loving Rio or at least think it's possible she loves him, but she still refuses too to make clear to herself or anyone else her feelings for Rio, it was never said either how she thinks about poligamy as a former japanese.
4. Latifa, still unknown too if being a former japanese makes her being against poligamy.
5. Sara, Ouphia and Alma, they come from a place where the poligamy is the costume and seem to not have problems there but they seem to think Rio is against poligamy so right now they don't think of that possibility either.
6. Christina, she refuses too to admit her feelings for Rio. She says to herself that she isn't someone really important for Rio, that the one who Rio really cares about is Celia so she should support that relationship, add to this that she still blames herself for what her country did to Rio and for how badly their classmates treated him at the academy despite her having nothing to do with both things, refusing to participate on them or having a way of stopping them.
7. Flora, her feelings for Rio are clear to see for Christina, Roana, Hiroaki, Hugenot, Charlotte and maybe the rest of the heroines too. I can't say with confidence that Rio isn't conscious either of Flora's feelings, but I don't see her acting on those feelings, Flora isn't someone with initiative, she's too shy and the blame she feels about what happened to Rio stops her too from thinking about acting on her feelings. The poligamy is something natural for her but she believes too that Rio must be against polygamy so she still doesn't think now either about that.
8. Celia, the poligamy is something natural for her, there was never any thought of her opposing it but she seems to think too Rio doesn't want to have more that one wife so she doesn't insist on it, she's still refusing to admit her feelings for Rio due to her position as a noble making possible for the people of Restoration to drag Rio into Bertram's problems using her and her inability for letting throwing her nobility aside for Rio's sake due to her loyalty to Christina and Flora.
9. Charlotte, she's willing, I think too that gathering the girls and talking things like she did broke the stalemate instead of the harmony like some call it and that that will be usefull for making the girls act on their feelings on Rio, something that may make Rio get rid of his doubts faster,but right now Rio's trust on her and his feelings for her are zero, I seriously doubt her to be a candidate to at least friend on Rio's mind at the moment.
10. Sayo and Komomo, we still have to wait and see what will happen when those too are added to the mix if they finally appear again, I don't think anyone can say Rio doesn't care at all about them but I'm sure Rio doesn't love them romantically.

When it comes to Rio I think it's a matter of time, in the heroines' case I think that convincing them will take one more big event that makes them believe that Rio needs all of them by his side for his own sake, Aisia right now seems to be working too on pushing Rio's and the girls back on the direction of the harem route too.

Last edited by jagt; 2020-07-04 at 08:41.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai