AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-05, 03:04   Link #21
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Because I see it often (not just here), I'm just going to comment quickly: this isn't a "braindead Narou story".
As a WN reader (LN is an exact copy of the WN btw, so doesn't change anything) I can say the world building in this novel is amazing. The problem is that it builds itself slowly, so unfortunately anime viewers won't see that.
On the other hand, the novel gets better and better, the author manages to tie everything together and it's amazing, you can only take your hat off to him.

Also, everything is explained. There isn't any "illogical" stuff. It's just that, well, like many stories, explanations come later, so it appears illogical at first.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 08:15   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
First off, as others said, explanations take time. First episodes are there to introduce and grab you in my experience, not to slowly explain every single thing.

Second, it's fine to insult the plot itself, but can you refrain from insulting the readers/viewers?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 12:51   Link #23
Botan_TM

Those owl's remind me a Hogwarts. After watching episode I imagined a story where Slytherin returns to school to find out to his amusement his house is filled with pompous racist weak inbreeds.

Is quite funny how people are slow on realising who he is, but from the other hand there were probably many usurpers claiming to be him. After all, in real world such things like Chinese brother of Jesus Christ happened.

Anyway I'm in.
Old 2020-07-05, 13:23   Link #24
mergele

On the danger of ruining it, I must say I am quite impressed by the community effort joke of this thing ot being complete trash.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 16:56   Link #25
Tenzen12

I am not sure if I understand. Are you saying it's not trash or that it is?

Well saying it's NOT, does sound like joke based on first episode alone.
Old 2020-07-05, 17:13   Link #26
mergele

I mean people who say it's not absolute garbage are joking, right? I am impressed by the swarm mind being able to execute such an effort without apparent coordination.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 17:43   Link #27
Tenzen12

Well it's supposedly will get better once we get past content anime will cover...
Old 2020-07-05, 18:01   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To quote a great anime philosopher, "fun things are fun". This is fun.
Old 2020-07-05, 21:41   Link #29
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am not sure if I understand. Are you saying it's not trash or that it is?

Well saying it's NOT, does sound like joke based on first episode alone.
Think Mada Box.
Everyone knows the real meat of that series are Kumagawa kun and Anshinin san who shows up on the second and third story arc.
But what did the Madaka Box anime do? It started with the most boring arc of the series because it is the first arc and end up with bad reception.
It is just one of those series that saved its good stuff for later instead on the first page.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 22:44   Link #30
Tenzen12

There was nothing wrong with first arc of Medaka Box though. It didn't aroused enough attention, but it was still solidly written. Nisio is experienced writer.

Either way I don't see this one shift into completely different genre like MB so it's bad parable in that regard too.
Old 2020-07-05, 23:05   Link #31
Dark Wing

It's not bad. I'm kinda interested to see where this goes
Old 2020-07-05, 23:33   Link #32
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Cannot find it on Crunchyroll. Am I missing something? Not that I am interested in the series but its just a bit odd.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 23:35   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
I mean people who say it's not absolute garbage are joking, right? I am impressed by the swarm mind being able to execute such an effort without apparent coordination.
Well, I can't speak for others but I enjoy the first episode like I enjoy Batman & Robin movie. You know, the old "so bad, it's good" sentiment? Like watching trainwrecks, something bad can still have entertainment merits that entertains you. It's not rocket science.
Old 2020-07-06, 01:33   Link #34
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Everyone has their own tastes, that's fine. But don't say something is trash when you don't know anything about it.
This is objectively well written. It has a solid plot, solid world building, great characters who get their turn (Anos isn't the only guy existing in the novel) it has pieces of foreshadowing here and there and revelations tying things together beautifully. You can't call that trash when many series can't even do that. Unless to you everything you don't like is trash, no matter the actual quality...
Old 2020-07-06, 02:28   Link #35
Tenzen12

It's possible, but if it's the case author (or studio) made sure to perfectly hide every single good think you just mentioned. You certainly don't see everyday works capable radiating complete lack of any potential in every single scene and line.

Well, because you say so I did reluctantly decide try another episode and see if there is at least single interesting event or character and it's just too good pretending it's inability entertain all along.
Old 2020-07-06, 02:32   Link #36
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I mean, like I said, it's fine if you don't like it. But as far as the definition of "well written novel" goes, it checks many cases. It's perfectly fine to not like well written novels. (I don't like many things that people love, but I don't say they're trash)

Also, you can't judge things based on a single episode.
Old 2020-07-06, 02:37   Link #37
rladls2121

This handsome looking male main character.
Blowing out the fire just by blowing some air from his mouth.
Doing some kind of handsome looking pose while spilling someone's blood.

He looks way too confident, the posture he is making is that of a handsome man from a hostness club greeting these main heroines.
I can't believe how much I laughed mostly the part where this main character trying to make himself look cool.
Seeing how he revived two of those mean looking demon brothers, trying to make them look pitiful somehow, and I can imagine deep inside their heart, those two also fell in love with him just like the girls too.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 02:40   Link #38
Tenzen12

Again it might be well written as whole, but author objectively screwed start. And that is pretty important part

I don't argue about anything else.
Old 2020-07-06, 02:47   Link #39
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Honestly, while I liked it from the start, I can agree with you on that. The author himself didn't think he would go so far and started with something pretty simple without thinking too much, that's why the start of the series is less good and some of the few plot holes in the novel come from here. Though the author amazingly managed to cover most of them.
Old 2020-07-06, 04:26   Link #40
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 15:04.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote