Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2020-07-04, 18:53   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ironically, I feel that Oden's journal is the number one reason why Yamato WON'T become a Straw-Hat. Think about it: That book most likely contains all the secrets behind Laugh Tale and the lost history. That, in essence, would make Yamato a walking spoiler..... which would go against Luffy's core values. Remember how he reacted when Usopp tried to pry information about the last island from Rayleigh back in the Sabaody arc? And that Rayleigh told the crew they'd probably have a different interpretation of Laugh Tale's secrets if they discovered it on their own? Yamato joining would effectively erase any chances of the crew discovering Laugh Tale's wonders with a fresh pair of eyes, and there's no way I can see Luffy being down with that. No, I think Kaidou's "son's" role is best left restricted to Wano (and maybe a future ministory), not as a member of the main cast....
I very much doubt Oden wrote any of that down. The journal most likely only contains what the flashback has shown us, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2020-07-06, 09:06   Link #22
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Ironically, I feel that Oden's journal is the number one reason why Yamato WON'T become a Straw-Hat. Think about it: That book most likely contains all the secrets behind Laugh Tale and the lost history. That, in essence, would make Yamato a walking spoiler..... which would go against Luffy's core values. Remember how he reacted when Usopp tried to pry information about the last island from Rayleigh back in the Sabaody arc? And that Rayleigh told the crew they'd probably have a different interpretation of Laugh Tale's secrets if they discovered it on their own? Yamato joining would effectively erase any chances of the crew discovering Laugh Tale's wonders with a fresh pair of eyes, and there's no way I can see Luffy being down with that. No, I think Kaidou's "son's" role is best left restricted to Wano (and maybe a future ministory), not as a member of the main cast....
Or if Yamato was wise enough, she could hand it over to Robin so she can examine it. Since Robin often tries to seek the truth and to find any information behind the mystery of the Ohara and Laugh Tale, she could pry for information with a more clandestine move while restricting any information regarding Laugh Tale to Luffy.

Then again, now Straw Hats needs to find two more Road Poneglyphs so if the journal somehow holds the clue to the other Road Poneglyphs, we will take that chance as long as it omits out the Laugh Tale one. Basically, I think if Oden is wise enough and keeping the promise with Roger, he can omit every part about Laugh Tale, just telling them on how to find the Road Poneglyph which can serve as a challenge for the Straw Hats.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 09:18   Link #23
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this chapter is so wholesome

Izo is here, which means the retainers are completed
hopefully Hiyori won't be kidnapped somehow because we don't need another twist
Robin and Jimbei's disguise are so good

and Yamato probably could be the next Oden for Wano until Momonozuke ready to take the rein
Having Yamato as ally would boost Luffy into yonkou-tier
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 10:21   Link #24
marvelB

Late response time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I very much doubt Oden wrote any of that down. The journal most likely only contains what the flashback has shown us, nothing more, nothing less.
Regardless, I'd still argue that it's too risky to bring along Yamato, even if the journal is limited to the flashback's content. We still saw Oden accompany Roger to the final island (and gathering the clues to its location), after all. In fact, the official TL reaffirmed my beliefs when Yamato mentions that "very important things" are contained in that journal, which may indeed hint that it holds records of sensitive information that wasn't shown in the flashback. Nope, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There's far too much risk involved in letting Yamato join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Or if Yamato was wise enough, she could hand it over to Robin so she can examine it. Since Robin often tries to seek the truth and to find any information behind the mystery of the Ohara and Laugh Tale, she could pry for information with a more clandestine move while restricting any information regarding Laugh Tale to Luffy.
See my response to Kanon. And frankly, I see no way Yamato wouldn't want to share the information with Luffy if she really saw him as the second coming of Joy Boy....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 23:01   Link #25
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Late response time:
See my response to Kanon. And frankly, I see no way Yamato wouldn't want to share the information with Luffy if she really saw him as the second coming of Joy Boy....
I kinda doubt that the journal contains how to reach Laugh Tale, unless it provides the clue on how to get there or sets up the challenges for Straw Hats to get it. Right now, some of the journals could be inconsistent as the journal was made 20 years ago and between that timeline, lots of things changed.

If it was related to Joy Boy, then it has to be connected with Fishman Island. Probably The Ark houses more clues than what it seems. Still, it gives Straw Hats curiosity since they want to explore it and possibly met new challenges along the way.

Also, for the Marines, I think Issho and Ryokugyu will make their move soon. It will pathetic to see Sakazuki will lose his face once he failed to send Marines to quell the war at Wano itself.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 13:16   Link #26
Collbrande-Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I kinda doubt that the journal contains how to reach Laugh Tale, unless it provides the clue on how to get there or sets up the challenges for Straw Hats to get it. Right now, some of the journals could be inconsistent as the journal was made 20 years ago and between that timeline, lots of things changed.

If it was related to Joy Boy, then it has to be connected with Fishman Island. Probably The Ark houses more clues than what it seems. Still, it gives Straw Hats curiosity since they want to explore it and possibly met new challenges along the way.

Also, for the Marines, I think Issho and Ryokugyu will make their move soon. It will pathetic to see Sakazuki will lose his face once he failed to send Marines to quell the war at Wano itself.
I agree I doubt his journal will contain any concise information, maybe the secret is a vague explanation of why Wano became an isolationist nation or maybe that a Poneglyph is on God Valley (just a hunch) or even something involving the final weapon of the three great weapons.

There are so many possibilities when it comes to a secret involving Laugh Tale, Joy Boy, Poneglyphs, D, three weapons and a million other things in One Piece.

I think Sakazuki will avoid direct conflict in Wano but when Kaido's forces flee Wano the marines will be waiting.

When it comes to Yamato I think this might be our last chance for someone to join the crew that is not an entirely new character, It might be possible to have a pre-established character join the crew after this point but a new one would be really difficult

Personally I like Yamato with what little we have seen so far she seems like an interesting character also it fits with Luffy's random crew makeup, The daughter of a Yonko would fit the Straw hat crew.
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 14:43   Link #27
Theia_Loki

Kaido's line of "spicing up this lame execution with something interesting" here makes a hell of a lot more sense in hindsight.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote