meggindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Well you can see it as Shonen where the main female lead never win like

Naruto ....sakura lose

Bleach....Rukia lose

Dragon ball....Bulma lose

but here there is also hints that Emi is also his wife but not the main one
Sakura??? Sakura never show any interest at naruto... She only like Sasuke... So you can't count her as lose... Also Bulma... She also the same.. She never show any interest at Goku, we can say she only seeing goku as comrade in arm or partner in crime only... All she interested is only handsome or cool guy...
While bleach... Err.. Is Rukia the main heroine here??? I thought it was Orihime though...😅😅😅
meggindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 05:02   Link #1462
dark44

Sakura was main female lead and was naruto love interst all the manga till last few chapters

Bulma also was main female lead i posted as example where female lead wouldnt end with male lead

and No Rukia was female lead she have more plot than orihime she is the one who give him the power and enterd him in thier world
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 05:32   Link #1463
Spica

The case isn't the same type. The problem here is that author put too much shipping materials and teasing for one pair.

So, he basically ended up pulling a bait and switch from the fandom point of view. Not to mention this is a case of 20 volumes aka 9+ years worth of baiting for them. Is it any wonder that the fandom exploded?

Really, he should have balanced that more.

Last edited by Spica; 2020-08-08 at 05:46.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 05:39   Link #1464
Tenzen12

And here we go again. I guess twitter death threats gonna be just new normal from now. There is probably no point get rilled about it as long as authors have presence on social platforms.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2020-08-08 at 05:58.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 06:01   Link #1465
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica View Post
The case isn't the same type. The problem here is that author put too much shipping materials and teasing for one pair.
I don't think its too one sided shipping with Emi.

True he and emi had good chemistry but emi is reluctant on her feelings while chiho is true to her feelings. she didn't give up and continue to pursue maou.

While I prefer a Emi and Maou ending and didn't accept the sudden Chiho ending. The harem thing is cheap. Seriously cheap.
Old 2020-08-08, 06:03   Link #1466
meggindo

I understand about the fandom dissatisfaction explode but oh come on.... Saying this light novel is shit or the author is the dumbest just cause author didn't go as what you guys like???

I understand the dissatisfaction of not chosen heroine... But there's no need to insult author or insult the choosen heroine right??

Why can't they just accept reality and move on...

Even I myself sometimes dissapointed at my favorite heroine not choosen but I never insult the novel or the author being shitty or dumb or the minus of the choosen heroine... I appreciate the story they have published... Moreover if the story had took such long times to finished there
Old 2020-08-08, 06:48   Link #1467
AP24

So is it Chiho end or harem with Chiho as main wife?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 07:09   Link #1468
meggindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
So is it Chiho end or harem with Chiho as main wife?
From spoiler I think it was Chiho as main wife while Emi as second wife I think... There's no mentioning about suzuno
Old 2020-08-08, 07:15   Link #1469
DanielSong39

I mean if Maou and Emi got a "divorce" and he remarried Chiho it would have been painful but it at least would have been consistent with the rest of the story.

For goodness sakes they played out all the other common scenes in domestic disputes (the knife scene, the courthouse scene, locking her out of the apartment scene, the shouting matches, reconciliation family outings, etc.)
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 08:43   Link #1470
Hattori Saizo II
A socially awkward ninja

Never thought this LN is trending again because of the Twitter shitstorm.
Old 2020-08-08, 10:04   Link #1471
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Nobody talking about Sariel scoring with McDonald's manager and having a daughter makes me a bit sad.
Old 2020-08-08, 10:48   Link #1472
Olengie

Im okay with this ending. Im not childish enough to send death threats over it.

Sariel did it. Never expected dat
Olengie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 11:10   Link #1473
Tenzen12

Not OK with this ending. I am not childish enough to send death threats over it either though. Well better just accept that's how it will be.

Oh and indeed good for Sariel, just hope their children will take after mother. For everyone sake...
Old 2020-08-08, 11:42   Link #1474
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Sakura was main female lead and was naruto love interst all the manga till last few chapters

Bulma also was main female lead i posted as example where female lead wouldnt end with male lead

and No Rukia was female lead she have more plot than orihime she is the one who give him the power and enterd him in thier world
Female lead does not always equal love interest. Naruto had a one sided atrraction towardd Sakura but she never once reciprocated. NaruSaku fans was just deluded in thinking there was romance between them.

As for Bulma in DB, she was clearly much older than Goku when the show first started and never even entertained any romantic interest. Thr only scene where she showed interest was when he came back for the tournament with a growth spurt but Chi Chi swoop in and claimed him fast after that.

As for Rukia, tbh I never saw any romantic chemistry between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

It happened with Harry Potter too, like 80% of the readers shipped Hermione with Ron from the start. There was more fanfiction pairing Harry with Draco than with Hermione.
Don't exaggerate. There were many who ship Harry and Hermione before the 6th book came out. Ginny was pretty much non existent until then

I'm normally not against Harem ending but in this Novel the Harem end feels very cheap route. Like the Author wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2020-08-08 at 11:54.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 15:38   Link #1475
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Nobody talking about Sariel scoring with McDonald's manager and having a daughter makes me a bit sad.
Well, you should said it earlier. Good to know, thanks
Old 2020-08-08, 16:36   Link #1476
KasumiZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Well until we see spoiler or forum for the ending, here the illustration.

Enjoy guys https://imgur.com/a/IJtvC0W
Wow these pic are nice
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 16:55   Link #1477
Mazryonh

This light novel was popular enough to get a hate brigade? And still no additional season for the anime adaptation? What a shame.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 17:53   Link #1478
GendoAizenPig

Shame it ended this way. I swear every time I think about getting more into Light Novels something like this happens and I decide against it. It's like "harem garbage" is the default of the medium. Emi deserved so much better than being a proposed side piece.
GendoAizenPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 19:28   Link #1479
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GendoAizenPig View Post
Shame it ended this way. I swear every time I think about getting more into Light Novels something like this happens and I decide against it. It's like "harem garbage" is the default of the medium. Emi deserved so much better than being a proposed side piece.
Aren't harem rarer cause most series just stick to the main girl ?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 20:13   Link #1480
Tenzen12

Not these days.

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance