AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-13, 18:17   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's definitely something shady going on with Kambe's company. Who would even have access to that data when it's off-limits to him? His grandma? Appearances can be deceiving but she seems like a nice old lady.

The panic room thing seemed really dumb to me... what kind of panic room can't be unlocked from the inside? Did I miss the part where they mention they took down the system to unlock it? Assuming it can be unlocked under normal circumstances, why leave a key on the outside? It defeats the whole point of a panic room.
Old 2020-08-13, 21:54   Link #102
Irenesharda

A good episode.

I wonder why Daisuke can't ever take over his family's company? Honestly, I thought he already had.
And what is going on, why can't Daisuke get access to his own family's files? Something bad is going on here. It reminds me of Capt. America 2 a little bit.

Was the person here to kill the President of PanamaBoliviaEcuador? Or were they just a pawn for someone who was really after Daisuke or his family?

And what about the old guy who was going to come along. Isn't he the same guy who seemed to have history with Daisuke way back in like episode 2? Interesting.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-14, 01:16   Link #103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think it's "can't". I think it's "doesn't want to".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-14, 08:24   Link #104
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The panic room thing seemed really dumb to me... what kind of panic room can't be unlocked from the inside? Did I miss the part where they mention they took down the system to unlock it? Assuming it can be unlocked under normal circumstances, why leave a key on the outside? It defeats the whole point of a panic room.
There's a scene where the security detail stuck with the President and Daisuke tried approaching the door, but sparks flew. I assumed that the way out has already been compromised by the guy who infiltrated the security.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-14, 13:09   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That is an incredibly bad design for a panic room. I know we're supposed to think about the hinted future development and overarching plot, but all I can think of is the fact that that thing isn't a panic room, it's a cell.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-14, 19:42   Link #106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

But the jerkoff hardware makes up for that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-15, 07:27   Link #107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It does remind me of the classic "locked room" that's a staple in mystery stories though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 22:24   Link #108
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Kambe family secrets. Ooh. But more importantly, Daisuke. I can't fight this feeling anymore. Hot damn, everything Daisuke does is just too sexy. It would be perfecto if the art is consistent all the way around and the story is better written. But Daisuke is enough of a reason. I can't take my eyes off those thick brows.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-20, 12:53   Link #109
Frontier

So Suzue didn't get any kind of notification that Daisuke was in trouble, HEUSC got cut off and she just instinctually went to check what was going on. She's also been having the same kind of problems with HEUSC that Daisuke is but she's mum on exactly what she was denied access to. I'm not sure how suspicious the show wants us to be of her even if she seems completely genuine in her loyalty to Daisuke .

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Kato's co-workers all threw him under the bus, although a part of me thinks the higher brass were looking for a reason to punish Modern Crimes to prevent them from investigating more of the case. Like, could they have really helped the suspect killing themselves? Just seemed overly harsh .

"Shigemura Kambe?" Is that Daisuke's father? Cho's one case involved the murder of Sayuri Kambe, so was that Daisuke's mother? Did he become a detective to solve her murder ?

I guess Daisuke has always been a cowboy cop, but hacking a woman's car and getting her involved in a police chase that ends with you making her think she killed someone just so you can interrogate her...doesn't quite feel like good police work .

Y'know what, even if she was involved in illegal importing and technology development, I can't think Imura was a bad person. Her first instinct was to ask for an ambulance for the person she hit and she immediately tried to get her lawyer out of the car when she realized what was going to happen. On-top of that she had a family and weak spot in her son. She didn't deserve what happened to her .

I can understand Kato not wanting to use such forceful and coercive measures. It's not honorable and it's not necessarily respectable police work, but admittedly having Imura confess would have probably helped and may have even kept her alive. Granted, I don't think letting her call her boss (who is probably involved with the conspiracy) was a good idea either .

So are they going to assume Daisuke killed her? Is he being framed? We know he's investigating things on his own but he's acting so enigmatic that it's easy to suspect him like Cho did. Kato seems like the only one who might believe him but Daisuke is turning away his help .
Old 2020-08-20, 16:03   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure there ever is a right time to have the good guy cops insist that justice can only happen if they get to do whatever they want (including, obviously, violating every civil liberty there is), but nowadays isn't it. Kambe and Cho were both super shady.
Old 2020-08-20, 18:08   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kato's coworker are such scum, they immediately threw him under the bus.
Old 2020-08-20, 19:16   Link #112
Decel

Wonder who Sayuri is: mother or older sister?
Old 2020-08-20, 20:06   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Wonder who Sayuri is: mother or older sister?
The mention two different Kambe names in this episode, so I'm assuming they're both Daisuke's parents.
Old 2020-08-20, 21:17   Link #114
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The mention two different Kambe names in this episode, so I'm assuming they're both Daisuke's parents.
Really? I didn't catch the other name. When was it mentioned?
Old 2020-08-20, 21:27   Link #115
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Really? I didn't catch the other name. When was it mentioned?
When Daisuke was interrogating Imura he mentioned a "Shigemura Kambe."
Old 2020-08-20, 21:47   Link #116
Wandering Soul

Kato really should re think his team considering how quickly they sold him out.

Well Daisuke may now have to consider the entire police department bar Kato as his enemies since he'll probably be suspected for the murder.
Old 2020-08-21, 00:36   Link #117
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Well Daisuke may now have to consider the entire police department bar Kato as his enemies since he'll probably be suspected for the murder.
Yes, but are they going to care?
Old 2020-08-21, 10:00   Link #118
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, but are they going to care?
The First Division probably will. They already suspected Daisuke enough to ask Kato about him.
Old 2020-08-21, 16:48   Link #119
Irenesharda

A very interesting episode.

I've thought since the very beginning that both of Daisuke's parents were murdered, but the murderer was never caught and that was why Daisuke became a cop in that cold case division in the first place.

I'm guessing Shigemura and Sayuri were his parents. And I'm guessing Cho was the lead detective in the case which is why Daisuke and Cho knew each other and there is friction between them. With this new case coming up, it's linking back into the cold case and the two are doing whatever they need to do to get this case done.

Daisuke and Cho basically push the boundaries of the law so far until it basically breaks, and things are getting really dangerous now. Daisuke's AI can't answer his questions and now a suspicious woman is dead.
I don't think Daisuke killed her since he could have killed her several times prior to this if he wanted to. I think she was probably killed by her boss to keep her from talking.

Kato is kind of just here this episode, wondering what's going on the whole time and his stubborn sense of justice kinda sorta put that woman in line to be killed. It's not his fault, but still...

It will be interesting in seeing where this continues to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure there ever is a right time to have the good guy cops insist that justice can only happen if they get to do whatever they want (including, obviously, violating every civil liberty there is), but nowadays isn't it. Kambe and Cho were both super shady.
Let's not pretend that Daisuke hasn't been skirting or outright breaking the law this entire time. He strongarmed himself to get the job he has now and he's got so much money that basically he can do whatever he wants when it comes to the police higher-ups. Even if they thought Daisuke could have killed that woman, I highly doubt he would even be pulled in for an interrogation, much less arrested.

As for Cho, I can see him being this way considering how old he is, how long he's been in the game and how close he is to retirement. So, not really aghast there either.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 17:18   Link #120
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Let's not pretend that Daisuke hasn't been skirting or outright breaking the law this entire time. He strongarmed himself to get the job he has now and he's got so much money that basically he can do whatever he wants when it comes to the police higher-ups. Even if they thought Daisuke could have killed that woman, I highly doubt he would even be pulled in for an interrogation, much less arrested.
I quite agree, but before it was mostly played for laugh and/or coolness. It was more about using absurd amounts of money and advanced technology to solve relatively mundane problems.

Quote:

As for Cho, I can see him being this way considering how old he is, how long he's been in the game and how close he is to retirement. So, not really aghast there either.
Do you mean it's unsurprising a policeman would behave unlawfully and unethically? I suppose it isn't, but my complaint wasn't about realism.