AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2020-02-02, 14:22   Link #21
LG-MAX 2.o

Due to its success the film will gain 4D screenings and will also increase the number of theaters currently showing the film: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...enings/.156034
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-14, 05:44   Link #22
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Watched it.....WTH Bondrewd. Thought I was watching a Warhammer 40K story about Fabius Bile for a moment there. Music is excellent, they got an actual orchestra to perform it.

Nanachi's frustration at the end at Bondrewd's insufferability is too palpable lmao
Old 2020-06-05, 19:22   Link #23
LG-MAX 2.o

BD of the film will come out in September: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%80%90Am...CT3S2BG8080X65
Old 2020-09-18, 09:26   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The online screenings of this film begin today. I'm finding it hard to determine when they will end. Here it suggests that they will be available until November 11th, but I can't find any other source to confirm this.

https://www.madeinabyssmovies.com/showings.html

I'd like to watch it some weeks from now when my friend with whom I watched the series may feel more comfortable leaving home during the lockdown.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-18, 09:42   Link #25
LG-MAX 2.o

The BD comes out next week in Japan, it shouldn't take long to be subtitled, maybe it will even come out through crunchyroll or funimation.
Old 2020-09-19, 08:56   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, wish I had it in my area, which, most of times happens(MI here), but theaters around here are still pretty shaky for attendance.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 17:33   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Just be prepared. That stable full of sumo wrestlers wasn't crying by coincidence.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 22:18   Link #28
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
The BD comes out next week in Japan, it shouldn't take long to be subtitled, maybe it will even come out through crunchyroll or funimation.
Well it certainly won't be released while the film is being streamed. As I said, that appears to be until November 11th. The streams are already subbed and dubbed by Sentai.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 23:21   Link #29
LG-MAX 2.o

You're right on that point, but perhaps Sentai and Crunchyroll will make a limited time distribution deal for premium subscribers?

Well, we'll know soon, in the worst case scenario there will be unofficial subs in few days after the film's BD is released in Japan.

Quote:
Just be prepared. That stable full of sumo wrestlers wasn't crying by coincidence.
Is the film really as violent and disturbing as several reviwers say or is it just propaganda in your opinion?
Old 2020-09-20, 02:15   Link #30
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Is the film really as violent and disturbing as several reviwers say or is it just propaganda in your opinion?
Not who you addressed the question to, but IMO, no it's not disturbing to me so much as tragic. The whole thing is quite despair inducing because of how broken characters are.

And yeah, of course it's violent....this is Made in Abyss after all.
Old 2020-09-20, 08:21   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Not who you addressed the question to, but IMO, no it's not disturbing to me so much as tragic. The whole thing is quite despair inducing because of how broken characters are.

And yeah, of course it's violent....this is Made in Abyss after all.
IMHO it's both. I still loved it, but whatever lines I have, MiA always manages to dance pretty close to them.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 16:05   Link #32
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Man, wish I had it in my area, which, most of times happens(MI here), but theaters around here are still pretty shaky for attendance.

You could watch it online.

https://madeinabyss.eventive.org/welcome
Old 2020-09-21, 16:55   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I've read/watched enough gory works to be completely desensitized to violence at this point, but I imagine the average viewer would find this movie incredibly disturbing, especially since the most fucked up things happened to children. This was definitely a few levels above what we saw in the series. I honestly question the author's sanity to be able to come up with such things.

That said, it's a great and very emotional movie.
Old 2020-09-21, 20:19   Link #34
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've read/watched enough gory works to be completely desensitized to violence at this point, but I imagine the average viewer would find this movie incredibly disturbing, especially since the most fucked up things happened to children. This was definitely a few levels above what we saw in the series. I honestly question the author's sanity to be able to come up with such things.

That said, it's a great and very emotional movie.
Yeah, I read reviwers of people who compared this film to A Serbian Film or the Japanese Guinea Pig. In the ANN there is a comment that in the opinion of the viewer that if it were shown in the west in a big scale the film would have to undergo some editions and etc, etc, etc.

Although in Japan games suffer censorship in the violence, this does not happen in the cinema that is full of violent films and freedom in that aspect, but as I read so many opinions about this film, I was curious. Thanks for answering!
Old 2020-10-03, 19:00   Link #35
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I have to admit I winced at parts of this movie, but it isn't really that gory. Sure there were blood and children are "put into prisons" but it isn't gore for gore's sake, if it was certain scenes would've been longer and more detailed I think.

My guess is that the problem would be if people thought of this as a kid's movie just because the protagonists are kids, but people should already know what to expect from season 1, Riko almost lost an arm and died.

I have a major complaint though,
Spoiler:

Pretty sure Riko's voice got lower too
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 03:22   Link #36
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

why the kids forgive bondrewd's crimes? he also has 7 artefacts though the kids probably won't use zoaholic (too evil for them and they need to destroy it to kill him) .. but killing him and looting the rest of the artefacts should give them a big advantage for the future adventure. Especially since Nanachi keep complaining that they only have Reg as their firepower.
Old 2020-10-16, 08:08   Link #37
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
why the kids forgive bondrewd's crimes? he also has 7 artefacts though the kids probably won't use zoaholic (too evil for them and they need to destroy it to kill him) .. but killing him and looting the rest of the artefacts should give them a big advantage for the future adventure. Especially since Nanachi keep complaining that they only have Reg as their firepower.
For one, they'd have to hunt down every last one of his minions....
Old 2020-10-16, 08:18   Link #38
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
For one, they'd have to hunt down every last one of his minions....
Riko already found out the loacation of zoaholic right? if she destroyed it then it's all over for all of the minions since Brondwred can no longer possesed them.They only become super dangerous when they're possesed by him, right? I'm sure Reg can handle them with no problem since he can even defeat Brondwrd several times.Off course leaving the minions alive is also an option though i think killing them all is the safest option

Last edited by EroBotan; 2020-10-16 at 08:29.
EroBotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 12:21   Link #39
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It actually isn't clear what happens if you destroy Zoaholic when a Bondrewd is still active....Also, they seemed pressed for time in wanting to move on

And more importantly, for Prushka's sake they didn't want to carry on the fight against Bondrewd since he wasn't obstructing them anymore. I mean Nanachi was clearly torn but by the end he/she was more frustrated towards Bondrewd than hateful or something
Old 2020-10-18, 11:31   Link #40
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
And more importantly, for Prushka's sake they didn't want to carry on the fight against Bondrewd since he wasn't obstructing them anymore. I mean Nanachi was clearly torn but by the end he/she was more frustrated towards Bondrewd than hateful or something
i see, they let him live for Prushka's sake does make sense considering their personality. Thanks!

but man, they should at least ask Bondrewd to give them at least 2 artefacts for compensation, they let him live after all lol. They're too kind.