AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-02-12, 21:17   Link #221
Greenish Growth

I thought it said they SHOULD have a first class mage and a priest, but in the very least they HAD to have a first class mage.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 21:59   Link #222
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Frieren possibly did not attend it or when she's with Himmel, it's not available yet. If does, she already become a first-class mage.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 05:24   Link #223
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Frieren possibly did not attend it or when she's with Himmel, it's not available yet. If does, she already become a first-class mage.
I think she said it. It didn't exist in Himmel's time. Such qualifications change every so often and she can't be arsed to take an exam every few decades.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 15:42   Link #224
Twi

Well, the children aren't too bad. Mind you, next chapter is looking like a battle royale...
Old 2021-02-17, 10:52   Link #225
James Rye

Battle Royal with magicians, this gonna be good.
Old 2021-02-23, 16:35   Link #226
Twi

Chapter updated. Let the death battles commence.
Old 2021-02-23, 16:35   Link #227
James Rye

Yep, so far it is pretty good. Kanne and Lawine are fun additions as Frieren's teammates. The plan to freeze the main lake and force the Stille birds to drink at the small one is pretty smart though it will make every team out there their enemy.
Can't wait to see how Frieren will wipe the floor with Denken once he tries to steal their bird.^^
Old 2021-02-26, 07:21   Link #228
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It'll be a Battle Royale against the second party, but doesn't that also mean that those who already have a still and some water left won't go after them? Fern's party might have to go after them (because of the water) though and I don't like that.

But killing probably isn't allowed. Ubel was disqualified for killing last time, no? I'm assuming that the rule to not kill is present here too but I could be wrong. And in this exam, a party that doesn't have all of its members present at the end of the exam will also be disqualified.
Old 2021-02-26, 09:12   Link #229
dragon1412

No not really, fern party, as the guy said, could probably managed, and even in the situation where they are that desperate for water, simply can have 1 single person come to the lake and take a single piece of ice out to melt it, there is also the digging method, with how big the lake is though. getting 1 or 2 piece of ice isn't that hard. They are still limited sure, but their situation is nowhere near as bad as party that doesn't have the bird, as the frozen effectively drive away the birds, god tell where the birds are in that giant forest, and the teams without bird have to secure both water and the bird without a clue.

Fern team real issue, is the fact that other party will come at them much much harder since they knew Fern team have a bird. And going after team with a bird already is a much safer options than chasing god know where wild bird.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 10:33   Link #230
Ramero

Fern's team, however, were aware of it, and they have to set up defensive perimeter or barrier to prevent the bird from getting snatched. Unless, it was a fake that Fern had prepared beforehand to deceive them and catch the real one. We still don't know how Fern was able to capture it in the first place.
Old 2021-03-02, 18:51   Link #231
Twi

Updated. Interesting perspective on mages and I can guess how Fern caught the bird now. That poor girl picking a fight has no ideal who she is messing with.
Old 2021-03-03, 04:32   Link #232
James Rye

Denken really can think as his name suggests, same for Laufen aka running at the end of the chapter there, cause dang, girl, that was quick. XD
I like how he says magic is not important. Shows the change in times as well as how other, more social related, stuff is more important for mages to get ahead in life.
Also dang, those Geisel (hostage) birds are gruesome, three dead mages. I'd stay a level 2 my whole, f level 1 with that kind of deadly test.
Now I get how Fern got the Stille, she also can suppress her mana since Frieren is her teacher. Doubt many can copy that trick since it is more common sense to display your full power to discourage duels and such.
Old 2021-03-03, 08:21   Link #233
Ramero

That old man will surely targets Frieren, which it will be his biggest mistake. Though I'm curious why they haven't learn how to suppress their magic like how Frieren did when dueling Aura.
Old 2021-03-03, 10:41   Link #234
Twi

Aside from pride, Frieren mentioned if she so much as moves it would leak out. She had more than a few centuries of practice just to constantly keep it suppressed to the point of normalcy instead of the volcano. Outright severing her mana likely would take years of practice, which only Fern has. Though it likely explains how she caught her own. It makes sense that in the past there were more magic users because they likely had looser standards, focusing on offense rather than expansive usage, since that Demon General from the earlier chapters who had been sealed away killed just about all of them during the war. The position rising to the point of prestige is likely due to the standards rising.
Old 2021-03-03, 21:17   Link #235
Shadow5YA

Everyone leaks out mana. Even putting aside Frieren's power, limiting her mana flow to the point where she's nonexistent and undetectable is on a different level from hiding just enough mana to look weak.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 11:01   Link #236
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Ramero: You think Denken (the old man) will come out to try and fight Frieren's party too? If so and he tries to go after Frieren, then yeah, he's done for.

And yeah, that girl is pretty fast. Got over there instantly, as if she teleported. I wonder if she's just that fast or if she has teleportation magic.

@Shadow5YA: Yes, but Frieren said some magic would still leak if she moves even a little (after she'd already suppressed her magic to nonexistent levels).

@Twi: Agreed.
Old 2021-03-04, 18:03   Link #237
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Ramero: You think Denken (the old man) will come out to try and fight Frieren's party too? If so and he tries to go after Frieren, then yeah, he's done for.

And yeah, that girl is pretty fast. Got over there instantly, as if she teleported. I wonder if she's just that fast or if she has teleportation magic.
I must say the girl that teleports in was an expert to track the magic source. Frieren did emits it, which causes her magic power to be tracked almost immediately, even Denken can sense it.

He will certainly try to play his wits out to steal the bird.
Old 2021-03-05, 17:56   Link #238
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I know all that. I'm just wondering if she teleported or if she's actually so fast that she seemed to have teleported.

Denken doing what you're saying does seem likely. I guess we'll see next chapter.
Old 2021-03-09, 18:06   Link #239
Ramero

Oh, that was unexpected. So he's a demon, then? If he was, then he should be aware that Frieren already defeat Aura. Though she did a good job of fending him off until Fern arrives.
Old 2021-03-10, 12:04   Link #240
Twi

He's not a demon. He fought against demons on the frontline, but he's also part of a mercenary group that has fought in wars and the opposite side had a habit of sending women and children to try to deal with them because of a reluctance to kill. Things are apparently that bad in the north to where he considers it the norm.

The whole thing is that she was chiding him for still wanting to remain human by not just cutting down those who are in front of him, but instead using a binding magic so he can build the resolve to kill them. In contrast to her, she goes out of her way specifically to draw out the death via things like blinding the enemy rather than just making the kill clean and to the point, a habit that he noticed was something that demons were fond of. Ironically, because he didn't just kill her the moment he had her bound, Fern had enough time to sneak up on him and is within blasting range. So either he takes his eyes off her, and she promptly cuts off his head, or he makes a deal with Fern before she blasts him.

As for Demon behavior, Aura's group were pragmatic enough to skip that kind of playing around. They managed to hide their intentions until it was no longer feasible and then immediately went to the job. Aura herself encouraged that method of acting by cutting the heads off anyone she enslaved because she didn't want any kind of resistance.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party