AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-12, 12:30   Link #181
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not sure she'll end up in the Shelob territory. That seems like her mother . It could be that we're not getting a good picture, but she still seems rather small.
We've already seen her size compared to a human footprint. Shes not actually small. Kumoko is about the size of a large dog. Her species is basically gigantic spiders. I assume her species' names have had small in their name not because Kumoko has been tiny like a normal spider but because the fully evolved form of her race is gigantic like her mother. I also assume that if Kumoko had picked the alternative evolution line she would have become gigantic like her mother.
Old 2021-02-12, 12:34   Link #182
Marina2

So, Is Kumoko about the same size as that white spider heroes fought??

.................................................. ............

Official website just added info of some news characters
https://kumo-anime.com/character.html

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-02-12 at 13:12.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 15:25   Link #183
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
We've already seen her size compared to a human footprint. Shes not actually small. Kumoko is about the size of a large dog. Her species is basically gigantic spiders. I assume her species' names have had small in their name not because Kumoko has been tiny like a normal spider but because the fully evolved form of her race is gigantic like her mother. I also assume that if Kumoko had picked the alternative evolution line she would have become gigantic like her mother.
She's probably even taller by now...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 16:30   Link #184
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose it's a given that Kumoko wouldn't have been the target of any Hero hunt. She hasn't done much to draw attention and at the stage she was last seen by people she wouldn't have stood out enough to warrant that kind of response. It was an interesting result that one of the major threats of the episode looked to be the same evolution that she just reached. Although her stats didn't seem as insane. Presuming the guess at that monster's base stats all being above 2000 was on point. Even Kumoko's speed stat isn't quite there yet. Though at the very least she's well on her way to being an entity that will stand out pretty soon.

Her latest battles were fun as always. It was a pretty close call to be sure. I don't blame her for jumping on that perseverance skill. Considering losing all her HP would be game over...it's worth getting. Unfortunately there's seemingly no way to predict what skills are going to trigger a taboo boost. Since Taboo itself hasn't caused her any issue...might as well not worry about it.

This situation has forced her to continue raising her game. Since she can't rely on webbing at this point. Though once she does get back to a more temperate climate...she's going to be crazy powerful.

Just plenty happening here. We got to meet the current Demon Lord at last outside the OP. And we've got the idiot classmate who seems to be completely insane at this point. He thinks this is all about him? Deranged is putting it mildly. He's definitely going to do something murderous at this point if not just straight up start a war for the sake of his ego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
But it's exactly for that reason I don't see her reaching that kind of colossal Shelob size. That's not what she's going for and her evolution choices expressly are avoiding it. She's obviously not going to stay too small the entire time. But there's a pretty massive gap between being the size of a small dog, a person, and size of a small building.
Old 2021-02-12, 18:01   Link #185
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, Is Kumoko about the same size as that white spider heroes fought??

.................................................. ............

Official website just added info of some news characters
https://kumo-anime.com/character.html
Probably. Maybe a bit smaller. I think that one might have been the next stage.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-02-12, 19:21   Link #186
Rasty

Hmm, I always imagined the greater taratects being colossal 5m spiders, but they look rather subdued.

The anime goes through the skills a bit too rapidly, but I guess they have no choice if they don't want to bore the viewers to death (it just doesn't work the same as books). As for "can't guess what skill will trigger taboo", considering that the ones that took it up, for the time being, are "pride" and "perseverance" (different translation being patience) there is kind of a pattern.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 22:32   Link #187
grecefar

I always look forward to kumoko new evolution, this one is pretty cool. Seems that things will go easier from now on since she is getting powerful but I doubt it would be that easy knowing kumokos luck, she needs to get out of that cave lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 22:35   Link #188
Marina2

^
I only noticed when I pause and text pop-up text that Kumoko have gotten "Ruler of Perseverance" title. Unlike, Pride, it's one of Seven Heavenly Virtues (opposite of 7 deadly sins) but, that thing also increased her taboo eh?
Old 2021-02-12, 23:52   Link #189
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Some of the "extras" they added in terms of visuals or explanations were nice. Hope they have lots of fun with Parallel Will - seems off to a good start. Though I can imagine some anime only viewers wondering where these skills come from since the details are skipped over.
It probably makes it even harder for Aoi Yuuki since now only she is doing it solo, she's also talking to herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Hmm, I always imagined the greater taratects being colossal 5m spiders, but they look rather subdued.
Yeah, same. I guess they just thought the fight with work better if they were smaller.

Quote:
The anime goes through the skills a bit too rapidly, but I guess they have no choice if they don't want to bore the viewers to death (it just doesn't work the same as books). As for "can't guess what skill will trigger taboo", considering that the ones that took it up, for the time being, are "pride" and "perseverance" (different translation being patience) there is kind of a pattern.
I think most people prefer listening to a high tension Aoi Yuuki than detailed skills description so they made the right choice.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 01:12   Link #190
wissenschaft

Quote:
I think the white spider is the size thats shown because it allows use to see what Kumoko would look like to humans. And remember, Kumoko is probably faster because its her one stat advantage, insane speed.
Old 2021-02-13, 01:47   Link #191
Eater of All
NOM

Ah I guess all of those Kumoko clones in the OP are future parallel minds. Looks like they become more specialized or something.
Old 2021-02-13, 02:48   Link #192
X207
Gamyūsa

I haven't read the LN yet but I just purchased the first 7 volumes. Just a taking a guess here but maybe that white spider controlling those 3 big ones sensed her new evolution form and was fearful of the aura she put out. I will find out in the next week or 2 as I get around to reading the LN and it looks like this ep took place earlier than v7.

Though that white spider's sacrifice was a convenient thing to happen if They were aiming for Kumoko as the actual target.

Last edited by X207; 2021-02-13 at 03:05.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 03:49   Link #193
AnimeFan188

The White spider could talk. Hopefully Kumoko will get that skill soon. It would be
interesting to hear her try talking to humans, and their reaction to it.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 04:18   Link #194
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Ariel! A talking, moving Ariel!
Finally, finally, I been waiting for this for too long!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 05:19   Link #195
Rasty

Guys, pls. spoiler tags at least if you already read the LN/manga.
Spoiler for heavy? spoiler:

Also, this episode's pacing felt a bit off and the hero's fight was of considerably worse quality than Kumoko's ones, but I guess that's to be expected with 3D modeled fight and humanoids.
Old 2021-02-13, 05:23   Link #196
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Kumo found another tasty monster. That actually looks delicious... would have been better with spices, but can't be picky in a dungeon.

enjoyed watching the Hero's party fight the Greaters and that white spider monster.

as always, I skipped the angsty teenager parts.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 06:48   Link #197
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 6:

as always, I skipped the angsty teenager parts.
You're going to regret not watching it. I just don't get people skipping parts of episode because they don't like it. You miss important information giving by their scenes.
Old 2021-02-13, 06:56   Link #198
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Guys, pls. spoiler tags at least if you already read the LN/manga.
Spoiler for heavy? spoiler:

Also, this episode's pacing felt a bit off and the hero's fight was of considerably worse quality than Kumoko's ones, but I guess that's to be expected with 3D modeled fight and humanoids.
Uhm, since it looks like you were referring to my post:
I never read the Manga far enough to see her future evolutions, and the one shown in the hero fight looks exactly like a non-cutified kumoku. That she doesn't look all cute should have been evident from EP1, as we saw her siblings there.

The only difference is that the white spider there is slightly taller, which is what makes it evident that it's a future evolution.
That being said, it's rather hard to tell if it isn't even the same evolution she is currently on, as all the enemies she saw are uber-large.

Old 2021-02-13, 08:10   Link #199
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
You're going to regret not watching it. I just don't get people skipping parts of episode because they don't like it. You miss important information giving by their scenes.
now at chapter 238+ of the novel. I know most of the story already. Skipping the trash parts (basic isekai male with a harem and his problems) I don't want to see in anime. Even after finding out some things about them, they are still boring to me.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-02-13 at 08:40.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-13, 10:11   Link #200
Rasty

AC-Phoenix: nope, I was talking about
Spoiler for user:
just did not want to point out what I meant exactly to not spoil people even more

^ You have clearly not seen enough ahead (if it's WN numbering there is more info ahead), turns a bit more interesting if you know even more, though I still like Kumoko's parts more.