AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-05-14, 07:56   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After actually reading the chapter, I'd go as far as to say it would be total bullshit if Ulti isn't down for the count. This isn't the kind of wound you can recover from in a matter of hours.

Tama must be so confused. One moment Big Mom is outraged that someone raised their hand against her, and the next she wants to kill her.

It looks like even Nami is going to run away after all, even if I doubt Zeus is gone for good. Not sure what to think about Big Mom being used as a plot device to get rid of Nami and Usopp's opponents.
Old 2021-05-14, 10:21   Link #22
necrolyte

I would say that the only good things in this chapter are BM's attack agains Ulti and Kidd's attack agains her.

I find the fact that Luffy got his ass kicked again and this even happened off screen to be quire irritating. He is our main character, how can you offpanel his fight with the big bad boss ffs.. and also as someone before me said it is getting pretty tiresome seeing him beaten to crisp so many times in a row.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-16, 12:31   Link #23
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
RIP Zeus. Hopefully he comes back. Not sure about you guys but so tired of this arc. It's been drawn out far too long.
Old 2021-05-16, 13:10   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
RIP Zeus. Hopefully he comes back. Not sure about you guys but so tired of this arc. It's been drawn out far too long.
You're not the only one feeling this way. If it ends with two Emperors being toppled, it would have been worth it, but I'm thinking Big Mom will get away.
Old 2021-05-16, 19:58   Link #25
itachi-san314

Well that was a disappointing/depressing chapter. The only thing I liked was the cover page. Why couldn't Nami just beat Ulti herself? Big Mom basically did the exact same thing just more powerfully so it did nothing narratively except diminish Nami who I thought deserved some boosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
I find the fact that Luffy got his ass kicked again and this even happened off screen to be quire irritating. He is our main character, how can you offpanel his fight with the big bad boss ffs.. and also as someone before me said it is getting pretty tiresome seeing him beaten to crisp so many times in a row.
Yea I'm sick of it too. The off-panel wins have got to go. If the story is too long and Oda needs to quicken up the pace then he shouldn't have introduced so many characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I'm starting to feel the fatigue too. There's too many ups and downs and mixing of matchups. Switching it up a little is fun, this much is just tiresome and starts to lose the momentum. I have a feeling Zeus isn't going out like that, but it's possible I guess. That part of the chapter would have been great if he was able to put up a fight. I hope Hera eats Nami's balls and Zeus explodes her from the inside like Neo in the Matrix.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-17, 11:58   Link #26
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

why are people complaining and wanting wano to be basically over? just enjoy the story...
do you want one piece to end or something?
Old 2021-05-17, 15:19   Link #27
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
why are people complaining and wanting wano to be basically over? just enjoy the story...
We just want better pacing. No more off page wins/loses. Let us see Luffy get his ass beat.
Old 2021-05-17, 15:21   Link #28
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
More =/= quality/enjoyable. If the arc is just an endless repetition of the same thing and Oda wasting time on a pletora of useless characters, of course people would get fed up with it.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-17, 15:40   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
You've got it backwards. I want to see the fight between the main character of the story and one of the emperors of the sea. I guess you don't?
Old 2021-05-17, 17:57   Link #30
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
You've got it backwards. I want to see the fight between the main character of the story and one of the emperors of the sea. I guess you don't?
Oda is, most likely, building suspense
the "main" round between Luffy and Kaido is still yet to come
Old 2021-05-17, 18:32   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Because this arc has been a massive disappointment, and tons of exciting things are happening/about to happen outside of Wano. Of course I want the story to move on.
Old 2021-05-18, 07:45   Link #32
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I think we're still on Act 3, yes? If so, then I think we should wait and see.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-18, 07:51   Link #33
Zolton

Quote:
I've seen a video the other day which addressed why fans don't like long arcs in One Piece. It's because the story effectively freezes when the fights begin. The raid began almost 40 chapters ago and may very well go on for another 40. People want something different to happen already.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-18, 09:36   Link #34
DemonOfWrath

It doesn't help that 40 chapters in we haven't really had a fight that hasn't been interrupted every few pages to divert to something else. It makes it feel like nothing is happening because most chapters have been 2-3 pages of about 5 different situations, so each progresses at a snail's pace.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-18, 13:34   Link #35
CIRQUAN

Really want Luffy to beat Kaido but damn he`s tough. Guess it`s true that saying about betting on Kaido if it`s one on one. Luffy has come a long way but he`s still not ready yet. He`s not yonko level yet but is slightly above yonko commanders level.

Honestly, don`t know how it will end. Clearly Luffy will beat both Big Mom and Kaido and eventually Shanks and Blackbeard, but things don`t look too good for Luffy and SH nor for the scabbards and people of Wano.

And what happened to my sweet Hancock? <3

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-19, 14:55   Link #36
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
I've seen a video the other day which addressed why fans don't like long arcs in One Piece. It's because the story effectively freezes when the fights begin. The raid began almost 40 chapters ago and may very well go on for another 40. People want something different to happen already.
That doesn't relate to what's happening at all. The issue is that we aren't seeing the fights and the outcomes are happening off-screen. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that So during Alabasta, you'd prefer to see Croc off-panel beat Luffy in the second fight? Luffy could just be dried up on the ground and you'd be happy with that. Then I guess you wouldn't wonder where the water came from that saved him. Just replace any of the second-tier fights in previous arcs with off panel victories and you'll see how your point makes no sense. Or maybe you just don't like fights in Shonen mangas? I really don't get the point of these comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonOfWrath View Post
It doesn't help that 40 chapters in we haven't really had a fight that hasn't been interrupted every few pages to divert to something else. It makes it feel like nothing is happening because most chapters have been 2-3 pages of about 5 different situations, so each progresses at a snail's pace.
Yes exactly. I don't mind the less important character moments. If anything, I want to see more of what's going on. How did Kaidou knock Luffy out just now? Half the commenters apparently don't care
Old 2021-05-20, 01:45   Link #37
DemonOfWrath

Or at least longer periods on each thing that's going on. It's like each chapter is "This person moved one room, then here's one attack from this fight over here, then a few panels of dialogue from these other unrelated people, oh and these other other people ran into each other!"

I'd just like it to stick to something until it's DONE. It's hard to care for a fight when you see one attack, and then have to wait another few chapters to see the next attack, for instance. Nothing has any good flow to it right now because it gets interrupted by the manga jumping to something else almost immediately.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 08:13   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
That doesn't relate to what's happening at all. The issue is that we aren't seeing the fights and the outcomes are happening off-screen. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that So during Alabasta, you'd prefer to see Croc off-panel beat Luffy in the second fight? Luffy could just be dried up on the ground and you'd be happy with that. Then I guess you wouldn't wonder where the water came from that saved him. Just replace any of the second-tier fights in previous arcs with off panel victories and you'll see how your point makes no sense. Or maybe you just don't like fights in Shonen mangas? I really don't get the point of these comments.
He makes a good point actually. The story does slow down to a crawl once the fighting start, especially a big war like this. Now would be a really good time for an intermission.

DemonOfWrath is also right, the way the fights have been handled in this arc is rather atrocious. 40 chapters and the only ones with what I'd call a proper fight were Kaido and Big Mom versus Supernovas. And how many of Kaidou's elite were taken down? Just 2 so far, and one shot by Big Mom to boot. There's Sasaki, Who's Who, Black Maria, King, Queen, and Jack left. And among enemies not in Kaidou's crew, there is Orochi, Kanjurou and Perospero.
Old 2021-05-20, 16:33   Link #39
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He makes a good point actually. The story does slow down to a crawl once the fighting start, especially a big war like this. Now would be a really good time for an intermission.
I also agree with that point, it's just irrelevant since the issue is off-paneling the fights, not slowing down the story. I don't mind the story slowing down.
Old 2021-05-20, 23:10   Link #40
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIRQUAN View Post
And what happened to my sweet Hancock? <3
Getting ahead of ourselves again aren’t we? 😒
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote