AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-05-20, 17:16   Link #3461
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, except for the fact that in almost every story I've seen where a more major character has more screen time, more chemistry, more connection, etc. than their love interest's crush, it ends with said individual heartbroken as their love interest continues to pursue their crush. Honestly, can't even be sure this one won't go that way, as the most standard path would be to end with him still trying to win Tsubame's heart and Miko unable to make him think otherwise. Seriously, I searched through tons of romance manga and posted requests in various places trying to find stuff that defied this and came up with my hands basically empty.

And while overall there weren't that many spots particularly clear during the crush period, I do recall one significant spot where he discovered that the two of them had tons of shared interests and that she could actually be very nice and fun to be around if he tried being nice.
Old 2021-05-20, 18:06   Link #3462
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was about what I expected from Miko. Her actions were nowhere near as outlandish as Fujiwara's reactions suggested. Still, she's really good at this.

The OVA also came out (don't think it's subbed yet) and there is MASSIVE fanservice in it. They went all out, discarding the comedy of the original chapter in the process. But hey, big Fujiwara boobies.
Old 2021-05-20, 18:32   Link #3463
Lex79

When the Ishigami-Iino-Tsubame love triangle started my immediate thoughts were that Tsubame would witness the interactions between Ishigami and Iino and reject him because she noticed his true feelings, helping him realize them in the process.
This didn't happen, the rejection was completely unrelated to Iino and Ishigami isn't over Tsubame yet and he is still not seeing Iino as a romantic option.
My current theory is that Ishigami will learn something about Iino's family problems, help her solving them and they will bond over that. Of course at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they simply end up having se. because they start consoling each other and things escalate and then Ishigami is locked into a relationship with Iino.
Another thing I have to say is that so far Aka hasn't done anything that made me think "I shipped Tsubame, but Iino is a better choice after all".
Old 2021-05-20, 20:07   Link #3464
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Miko would have to work hard to get him into bed in my opinion. As I recall, he's not into the idea of casual sex between individuals who aren't in a serious relationship. Only thing that he hates more than sex between people who aren't in love is pity sex.

That said, she's planted some seeds judging by that last statement about feeling like he's going to get the wrong idea. Still, I suspect we're going to get a good bit more of this, with Miko taking calculated actions to manipulate and control him, relieve stress from past treatment in various ways, but still Ishigami's going to come out ahead simply through a mixture of sharp perceptiveness into all sorts of aspects of her personal struggles and utter obliviousness to the one thing she wishes he'd pick up on (again likely due to the continued belief that it's not possible for her to feel that way).
Old 2021-05-20, 22:19   Link #3465
Tenzen12

Honestly even putting Iino aside, Tsubame was never option. Ishigami liked idea of Tsubame (and he liked it lot), but he never seen her as real person.
Old 2021-05-21, 12:36   Link #3466
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was about what I expected from Miko. Her actions were nowhere near as outlandish as Fujiwara's reactions suggested. Still, she's really good at this.
^This. I don't think Iino had everything planned out at the beginning. She just went with the flow and got a little carried away. She is just naturally good.
Old 2021-05-23, 04:18   Link #3467
WingedAccelerator

As usual, take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler for Chapter 228:
Old 2021-05-24, 08:58   Link #3468
AP24

Ishigami’s comments regarding the fanservice in the OVA were exactly how I felt
Old 2021-05-24, 14:11   Link #3469
Ichinotachi

Chapter is out, here is a proper summary. It happens that Ishigami is a MASSIVE Discord shill, and it looks like Aka is playing too much APEX.

Spoiler for ch:
Old 2021-05-26, 16:24   Link #3470
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Ishigami’s comments regarding the fanservice in the OVA were exactly how I felt
They still showed a lot more than the manga did. Fujiwara's boobs were barely censored.
Old 2021-05-26, 19:05   Link #3471
Shadow5YA

Come on Aka! What kind of a gamer are you if you're making Ishigami use a controller for FPS games instead of a keyboard and mouse?
Old 2021-05-26, 20:39   Link #3472
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Come on Aka! What kind of a gamer are you if you're making Ishigami use a controller for FPS games instead of a keyboard and mouse?
Apex also apparently has some very good aim assist on a controller which is probably why he's using it. He did say he's not as good as pro-gamer girl. I guess he could also just find it more comfortable.

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2021-05-26 at 21:16.
Old 2021-05-27, 00:21   Link #3473
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Apex also apparently has some very good aim assist on a controller which is probably why he's using it. He did say he's not as good as pro-gamer girl. I guess he could also just find it more comfortable.
Most obvious answer is that Aka's personal life is projected onto the manga again, and he plays those games on a controller.

Which I honestly don't mind, but considering Ishigami is an avid gamer, a keyboard + mouse would have been the better choice.
Old 2021-05-27, 02:38   Link #3474
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

New challenger for the Ishigami Bowl! As the new girl, she has the least baggage.
Old 2021-05-27, 02:47   Link #3475
zeross87

those double meaning conversation was perfect
Old 2021-05-27, 06:26   Link #3476
SidVicious
Anime addict

On Hiatus Until July 1

This year's 26th issue of Shueisha's Young Jump magazine revealed on Thursday that Aka Akasaka's Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunōsen) manga will go on hiatus so that Akasaka can write and compose the manga's new act. The manga will return in the magazine's 31st issue on July 1.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...july-1/.173268
Old 2021-05-27, 09:24   Link #3477
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Miko screwed up there for sure. I don't know whether she wanted to keep him to herself by having him communicate with her on a medium where it's just the two of them, or if it's like Ishigami said and she's just afraid to get on something that "no one else" is on, or even maybe she just felt like she'd "lose" if she went to him rather than convincing him to come to her, but whatever the case she'd have gotten a lot more points if she'd paid attention, maybe feigned interest, and joined him there. Result being that now he's become very good friends with another girl in their class, who has far more in common with him. Fairly common path to follow to motivate slow-moving romantic interests, but I'd say it's common because it's fairly believable and it works well. Heck, we've got something similar happening currently in the most recent chapters of Nagatoro (new year and a freshman just entered the art club who knew Senpai in middle school).
Old 2021-05-27, 11:14   Link #3478
WingedAccelerator

I'm happy that my premature expectation with Shiranui is rewarded. She is too good to be true, therefore I have my doubts about her as a future Ishigami love interest, or a nasty bagagge will be revealed. But one can hope.

Ishigami's first mistake was suggesting Iino to make an account. He can only blame himself if she gets desperate enough to actually make one, and appear one day on the precious, cozy gaming server.
Old 2021-05-27, 11:37   Link #3479
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Miko screwed up there for sure. I don't know whether she wanted to keep him to herself by having him communicate with her on a medium where it's just the two of them, or if it's like Ishigami said and she's just afraid to get on something that "no one else" is on, or even maybe she just felt like she'd "lose" if she went to him rather than convincing him to come to her, but whatever the case she'd have gotten a lot more points if she'd paid attention, maybe feigned interest, and joined him there. Result being that now he's become very good friends with another girl in their class, who has far more in common with him. Fairly common path to follow to motivate slow-moving romantic interests, but I'd say it's common because it's fairly believable and it works well. Heck, we've got something similar happening currently in the most recent chapters of Nagatoro (new year and a freshman just entered the art club who knew Senpai in middle school).
Or maybe she is just normal person. I mean all those platforms are pretty annoying and honestly you don't need more then calling and messaging to function in our society.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-05-27 at 14:14.
Old 2021-05-27, 13:14   Link #3480
Shadow5YA

I doubt that Shiranui and Ishigami will every become romantically interested in each other, but it would help push Miko along since Tsubame is no longer her competition.
Closed Thread

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life